• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wobbling Compromise

Oracle

Smash Master
They're really just a power character like ganon, only instead of being incredibly slow it's just really really hard to land that grab

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
people need to just learn to separate the ICs by grabbing them. don't just attack them all the time. people who only play defensive against them and only attack while retreating will always lose

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
that logic means wobbling "easy".

thats the problem.

"ohh its so hard to get a grab"

false.

ripple you know i love you, but go for a naked grab while the IC's are synced. tell me how that strategy works.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
ripple you know i love you, but go for a naked grab while the IC's are synced. tell me how that strategy works.
its very easy with fox and falco.

if anyone is smart enough they will realize they can grab out of a shine.

nair>shine> JC grab.

Oracle

Smash Master
Grabbing for separation only works with some characters. Fox's upthrow for example is really good because it sends popo far away and even while desynced, if popo isn't close enough nana doesn't do anything.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Reneblade, i'm glad we are in agreement that not getting grabbed by the ics is easy. you did say that everything besides winning with a low tier is easy, so im glad we're making headway.

grabbing synced ics is a pretty bad idea, and not at all a viable strategy to rely on whatsoever. smart ics will have nana shieldgrab or popo just smash.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yeah, sometimes it works, and as fly said, Marth is a good example. Sheik would be an example of someone who really shouldn't be grabbing synced ICs.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
last time, what proof do you have wobbling is broken?

only broken/over powered techniques are worth banning.

just answer that question, its very simple.

only broken things are banned, where is your proof from tournament IC just auto win with wobbly ****?

answer that 1 question-without it anti-wobbling is fundamentally flawed.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
both sides have points you can't argue.

this thread is losing its luster.

some1 make it personal. call me a n00b.......wait that wont work, i already know that.

i know, tell me the fly-guy dropzone wasnt good. i'll go berserk

Roneblaster

Smash Hero

no1 actually thinks you can win just from learning how to wobble, please stop saying that people or you can just leave, like i said earlier.

some1 make it personal. call me a n00b.......wait that wont work, i already know that.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
wtf?!

that aint hypnotoad.

only unban wobbling if the alternative is semi-wobbling and IC's cant be CP'ed to jank stages.

otherwise...........keep it up ALU and Plank.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

no1 actually thinks you can win just from learning how to wobble, please stop saying that people or you can just leave, like i said earlier.

lol cuz I can't address some dumb **** about doing it with your eyes closed?

anti wobbling didn't address why it should be banned in the first place. stop being unsmart!

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
you dont deserve a kill because you can press A 100 times.

other infinites are banned.

its already banned.

please get off your high horse, its making you look like scrubs.

@kaostar, we dont have to address it. its banned @ RoM 3 and Planks tournies, its up to you to convince the TOs to unban. sorry, **** happens.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
ofcourse its subjective.

this whole game is subjective.

but honestly.

quad knee, thunders comboes, pillaring..............wobbling?

nahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
that's so subjective.

you don't deserve a kill because you can <insert input here>!
best one ive heard, ban wobbling because its gay(but not proven broken or ban worthy)

lol@deserving a kill.

flick c stick right (marth)

hold b (roy)

down b (fox, puff)

these are less undeserving because they have less inputs. you have to continue mashing a, too hard imo.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
its not an infinite. you can di it, to not get hit or to survive it. "dont get grabbed"
You can mash out before a certain percentage, can't you?

What does it matter if you can press A 100 times or not?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
you can get hit by a smash attack when you smash out.

so your options are:
death
eat a smash.

except thats everytime it happens, not @ just a certain percent.

cosmo, we've done everything in our power to prevent infinites and..........
what i meant was that walls + fox dont make you play any different. if you stand right next to the wall/tree as part of your strategy.............you're probably doing it wrong. the only time i have ever been afraid of a fox infinite is on the LEFT side of stadium during the fire transformation.

if you ever get caught in a fox infinite on stadium. you ****ed up so big, like.......the state of California big. getting grabbed? lol it happens. anyone who says other wise is saying fox infinite shine = same likelihood as getting grabbed.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
its not an infinite. you can di it, to not get hit or to survive it. "dont get grabbed"
It doesn't have to be an infinite if it just instant-KOs after 20 with great DI (wobbling you can mash to prevent it from working immediately up to like 40 btw).

You can't DI to not get hit by it when you screw up on their shield or duck or land onstage in lag and they X + Down + B on you. And in the same logic you could just say you can DI to not get comboed into grab / knocked down into grab tech chase / other grab setups. Is it a legitimate answer? Not really. But neither is your DI to not get hit by Rest crap (unless you think Pound and U-throw are the only Rest setups).

"don't get rested"

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
if were gonna play super theory bros. i survived a rest @ 54% on DL64 before. so.......a wobble would've killed me.

wobbling > rest

theunabletable

Smash Lord
you can get hit by a smash attack when you smash out.

so your options are:
death
eat a smash.

except thats everytime it happens, not @ just a certain percent.
But you don't die, though. So isn't that just like rest?

And what the **** does it matter if once it's initiated you die? It doesn't overcentralize. So the fact that you can't stop it once you've been hit by it (after 40%) is irrelevant.

@Your most recent comment: So what if wobbling is better than rest when it hits in only SOME situations? Neither are broken or overcentralizing.

Top Bottom