• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

! WORLD SMASH HIP-HOP ! Rap/HipHop/R&B/ Discussion Thread (explicit warning)

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Don't see the need for regions in the sig, has nothing to do with the music lol.
we all come from different areas.. but the music is universal.. just nice to see the representation and to show we ain't biased and got all our own opinions and can appreciate it for what it is

/preach

lawl im drunk spell check ftw

soap

Smash Hero

S l o X

Smash Champion
lol its that feel good music.

i dont see a reason for regions. pictures + name is simple and simple is ALWAYS good. kpop thread is ****, we need a moderator in this thread lol.

dont have a goat but i miss pun and big. all i've been listening to is blu lately, recommended some music to my cousin (smart but doin :\ things nahh mean?) like i always do and he was definitely feelin it. kind of tired of people only listening to one section of an entire genre. zzzz

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Naw I wasn't mad, I just wanna know what the reaction to him would be.

And, yea it was his first time on the mic. But, he "freestyled" it so I was like I can't delete it even though it's loud as **** so I just downed the volume to where it was tolerable.

And, Guns I have no clue why, I'm not on a personal level or even friendship level with him. I only know him through my little brother.

BTW I'm pretty sure he wrote it.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
It's okay I guess. There are some cool lines/rhyme schemes but then it's really annoying how he breathes loud into the mic and occasionally just starts mumbling and going offbeat. The beat is pretty bleh too. But really, it's not bad if it's really a freestyle.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
As for the breathing into the mic. It was my fault. I forgot to mention to him not to get it too close to his mouth or else it sounds like wind blowing. It was his first time on the mic. I know my first time on the mic I got it as close as possible and you couldn't hear ****.

It's cause you see MC's get the mic all up in there mouth at concerts.

rhan

Smash Hero
Ninja'd

It doesn't really matter if it was a freestyle or not mic control should be something that's needed. Was this of like a professional mic or a computer mic? Cuz if it's a computer mic then you can't really help that..

My opinion: it wasn't bad. But it was like "WHOA ****!" either.

S l o X

Smash Champion
not really hip hop related... but this dude is funny lol, hes just complaining about how myspace is better than facebook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqzBKFYV-9c&feature=player_embedded
lol this dude? ***** that's Tim / Traphik. Funniest youtube rapper alive, hands down. I prefer him as a comedian than as a rapper but his **** is still listen-able.

p.s he was definitely trollin' but he made some valid points (i watched this whenever it came out, internet sucks so can't rewatch so some of this might not have been said): myspace helped a lot of artists get out there music and made some even famous, lolcudi. facebook took that ish away.
Did anybody even check this?
i did. it was okay.

lol just read cookiemonsters blog. facepalm at the absurdity of his eminem fanboyism.

Jane

Smash Hero
LOL really? dang ill definitely have to check him out.

i disagree with him mostly, i think facebook > myspace in every way except two, which he pointed out.

1. (the most important) the music.

2. customizable profiles

S l o X

Smash Champion
He's funny as hell. Watch his old Dear DeLaGhettos if you haven't, ****ing hysterical.
He has two youtube accounts, one for his vlogs / deardelaghettos / stuff that he does with other people (the latter aren't even funny imo, when he's alone he's more funny) and on the other one (cba to find) he raps.

Only reason I like Facebook is because of the simplicity. I'm a complex person who loves simple things and it's the only reason I switched over. Changing my profile on myspace became a hassle. -_-

Cradle Orchestra **** is AMAZING. Seriously, amazing and upbringing. Having a bad day? Listen to ANYTHING Cradle Orchestra has on their albums. They don't feature trash either. The sound they produce is very jazz (they ARE a *** jazz/hiphop group) like and the rappers on their songs are always top notch story tellers / just great. /fanboy (:

Have a listen to anything on their albums.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I listen to The Comic book Super Hero- Wasted.

First: It sounded as if he was reading off of a piece of paper. Or had it memorized so I wouldn't call that a freestyle.
His punch lines were really good though.

Aside from the obvious sound quality. He didn't sound like he had any passion in voice. Like, There wasn't any emotion in his rhymes. It also sounded like he rushed the song by doing it all in one take, which is the reason he probably sounded out of breath.

It was his first time, he's young, and still maturing so I won't go into deeper detail. But he did good. He'll find his own path that makes him feel comfortable...but he should never give up and keep spitting until his tongue goes dry.

God Kais!!!

soap

Smash Hero
what are some good traphik tracks? i saw him on the youtube rapper forever remix and was not really impressed

maybe because dumb just killed it so bad

IAmBlu3

Smash Champion
LOL really? dang ill definitely have to check him out.

i disagree with him mostly, i think facebook > myspace in every way except two, which he pointed out.

1. (the most important) the music.

2. customizable profiles
what are ya'll facebook profiles? bout to add you suckers...

Jane

Smash Hero
lol i love how all three of you that have added me on facebook so far are part black part something else.

AM I THE ONLY PUREBREED IN THIS THREAD?!?!? :mad:

jk lol, "purebreed mexican" is an oxymoron.

this page is now about facebook ;P

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
ok guys just saw atmosphere at the capitol hill block party and it was dope. The crowd was huge and people were getting pushed all over the place, I almost fell a couple times(falling=trampling lol). I saw over ten girls pass out and had to get carried off by security and people were too hot so they would crowdsurf to the exits. It was absolutely crazy and slug ****in killed it too:)

Top Bottom