• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Matchups Character Specific

lain

Smash Master
Snake is a bad matchup for Ice Climbers? Are you kidding me?

Also, G&W and MK aren't HORRIBLE. They're in their favor, but it's nothing serious.

Hive

Smash Lord
Actually speaking of low tiered characters Samus may be PTs toughest match. A good Zamus shuts Zard down with Zair and Ivy is outcamped. Squirtle is just ok. Its a tough fight. Maybe as tough as Marth.
No... i wouldn't say that... Adriel for one beats me a lot when we play...
and I think Xyro lost to magikarp in hobo11
Yea I think samus probably has an advantage on Ivysaur and Charizard (especially Ivy :p)
but Squirtle definitely has the advantage on samus.... being small he can avoid a lot of the spam... he can juggle samus in the air pretty well, and has excellent DI. Not to mention he has some pretty devastating approaches and grabs (i.e. hydroplaning, fair...) Also dtilt is not effective at all against squirlte :( (doesn't ko til like 140%?)
I actually think pt has a slight advantage or its even... at least in my experience...
charzys flamethrower is also an excellent edgeguard against her.... though he can be spaced pretty well...

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Olimar vs Peach? Nightmare? Sorry... no :p at least not for me, and I've faced a few good Peaches....

Olimar vs Rob, HELL YES. Rob is a beast...

Olimar vs Weegee - Weegee is hell on wheels, his down-B can desynch you easily from your pikmin, his aerials **** yours for the most part, he can KO you EASILY with fsmash, blah-blah-blah.. hes hell... and 20x harder then Peach.

Just my comment on that..... (Weegee is obviously Luigi)

J4pu

Smash Champion
Add Falco to Snake's bad match-ups please, for my sanity, at least tack him on to the end although I REALLY don't understand pikachu, he has thunder to attack the cypher, that's about it. Oh it must be the CG, how long does Pikachu's CG last on Snake? Does it combo to death the way Falco's does against Snake?

Hive

Smash Lord
Add Falco to Snake's bad match-ups please, for my sanity, at least tack him on to the end although I REALLY don't understand pikachu, he has thunder to attack the cypher, that's about it. Oh it must be the CG, how long does Pikachu's CG last on Snake? Does it combo to death the way Falco's does against Snake?
I'm actually not sure why pika is such a hard matchup for him lol... ^^ I think pika has a cg or something :p good ko potential as well...?

Anways, I put it up b/c Snake vs. Pika was agreed upon by Gheb_101, Maniaclyrasist, and Andrewcarlson...

@Havokk- Praxis, Snail, and Dynne all think that peach is a counter to snake so I can't change that for now ^^... you being the counterargument.
R.O.B. has a lot of support though, so I'll move him ahead of peach at least ^^ (Snail, Dynne, Havokk)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Please change the OP. I never said that Olimar is a bad match-up for MK. Besiedes, Snake is MKs worst match-up. I don't think Wolf is one of Pikas worst match-up. We have it as a neutral on the Wolf boards...If any Pika player thinks it's otherwise he should check out our match-up thread.

Pika is indeed a bad match-up for Snake: Neutral B destroys Grenades + Mortar Slide = no camping + no approach. Pika apparently has a CG on Snake and DownB devastates his recovery.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
We've just discussed Lucario, and the conclusion makes me think that he should be removed from Yoshi's hardest. Replace him with Marth.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Snake is a bad matchup for Ice Climbers? Are you kidding me?

Also, G&W and MK aren't HORRIBLE. They're in their favor, but it's nothing serious.
Remember how I destroyed your ICs yesterday? Yeah....

Browny

Smash Hater
*doesnt pay attention to weegee*

MK, G&W and peach imo

Id say DDD is worse for lucario. gordos and utilt are so much easier to land than any of G&W's finishers lol

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Olimar vs Peach? Nightmare? Sorry... no :p at least not for me, and I've faced a few good Peaches....

Olimar vs Rob, HELL YES. Rob is a beast...

Olimar vs Weegee - Weegee is hell on wheels, his down-B can desynch you easily from your pikmin, his aerials **** yours for the most part, he can KO you EASILY with fsmash, blah-blah-blah.. hes hell... and 20x harder then Peach.

Just my comment on that..... (Weegee is obviously Luigi)
Who? Edrees? Sky? Bone? That's the list of good California Peaches, and Edrees thinks Peach is an Olimar counter I know for sure...as does the Peach boards, and the Olimar boards, who came to a 70:30 consensus.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Luigi is Luigi's toughest match up just like Ness is Ness's toughest match up. It just works out that way. :\

Peach and Weegee > Oli and Sonic yeah

I think the chart should tell you though that Yoshi is MetaKnight's worst matchup though....

Anyways, Yoshi's worst is Game & Watch.
No it's WOLF!'

RAWR
GANON > ALL!!!
=D

Timbers

check me out
Id say DDD is worse for lucario. gordos and utilt are so much easier to land than any of G&W's finishers lol
Utilts can't go airborne and kill at 120% (GaW fair)

Gordos are hella gay though.

I think GaW has the upperhand in kill potential though. It's rather easy to live until 150 against DDD, whereas living past 130 is a miracle against GaW.

GaW is like 400x easier to kill though.

I dunno. GaW/DDD/Olimar seem to be some weird round robin going on. Maybe throw Marth in there too, who knows.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
So why is Luigi bad in a ditto? I never noticed. And how the hell can both players be bad at eachother?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Utilts can't go airborne and kill at 120% (GaW fair)

Gordos are hella gay though.

I think GaW has the upperhand in kill potential though. It's rather easy to live until 150 against DDD, whereas living past 130 is a miracle against GaW.

GaW is like 400x easier to kill though.

I dunno. GaW/DDD/Olimar seem to be some weird round robin going on. Maybe throw Marth in there too, who knows.
Not sure about Oli. He's terribly easy to gimp.

GaW/DDD/Marth definitely, though. None of them are actually too bad, though. <<

Top Bottom