• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi v. Diddy Kong

Chaco

Never Logs In
I just figured it would work, lol I saw no flaw in it, except for that small factor.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I love DACIT in this matchup. I love Wolf's even more though, now against good diddy's I just usually go wolf, no idea why I just preger it (dsmash maybe :laugh:)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I realized the best way to play this matchup is to ALWAYS stand next to the ledge and egg toss. If he throws a banana at you, it doesn't damage you. And he can't combo you because you just GRAB THE LEDGE. STAY at the edge, it takes away his entire combo game. Sure it limits your movement, but once you hit him and get him in a bad position, and there are no or only one banana on the field, you can start fighting normally. But anytime he has access to 2 bananas and some momentum, just stand near the edge to prevent yourself from being combod and start egg tossing like crazy.

Frown

poekmon
I realized the best way to play this matchup is to ALWAYS stand next to the ledge and egg toss. If he throws a banana at you, it doesn't damage you. And he can't combo you because you just GRAB THE LEDGE. STAY at the edge, it takes away his entire combo game. Sure it limits your movement, but once you hit him and get him in a bad position, and there are no or only one banana on the field, you can start fighting normally. But anytime he has access to 2 bananas and some momentum, just stand near the edge to prevent yourself from being combod and start egg tossing like crazy.
Ah, what a fun game.

Airborne

Smash Lord
^ let's see how alpha zealot likes it on june 20th. =D

Jezza

Smash Rookie
I havent fought much 'pro' diddy users since diddy is probably one of the hardest characters to use effectively. So I dont know much about this matchup. But personally I think in this matchup, diddy has a good advantage there.
Aside from that, all I can think of is to rely mostly on aerials. or egging. (though the latter is ineffective)

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
its very easy for yoshi to get caught up in diddy's bannana game. using yoshi's egg toss as a diversion could prove to be useful.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yoshi can actually control the Bananas just as much as Diddy can. He just needs to be smart in using them.

(Playing with Bananas has seriously got me thinking of seconding Diddy. I feel like I can control them so well...)

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Yoshi can actually control the Bananas just as much as Diddy can. He just needs to be smart in using them.

(Playing with Bananas has seriously got me thinking of seconding Diddy. I feel like I can control them so well...)
Looks like we will have another Yoshi+Diddy user *points to myself and Yoshididdy*

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Hey, I'm only thinking of seconding Diddy. Nothing official yet.

...Diddy is actually my least played character. Go figure. XD

Metatitan

Smash Master

i dont think any character can control diddy's bananas as good as he can, no1 really has a dash attack thats so good lol

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Edge camping Diddy...I think you will be in a bit of surprise. Since I may have to run into this soon though I won't spill how to deal with it yet. Hehe >.>

Gindler

Smash Champion
I make it my job for the last kill to be a banana gimp. It's not a must I just like it.

Other than that yeah everyone pretty much covered it.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
When Diddy throws the bannanas down, do NOT go after Diddy Kong. Instead, go for the bannanas as it will be your greatest weapon to turn your opponents weapon against him. ^__^

SOVAman

Smash Hero
When Diddy throws the bannanas down, do NOT go after Diddy Kong. Instead, go for the bannanas as it will be your greatest weapon to turn your opponents weapon against him. ^__^
^^^^ DO NOT do this

Bad idea. Unless the diddy chases the banana like crack which any "good" diddy doesn't he will punish you for running in for his banana like that.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
^^^^ DO NOT do this

Bad idea. Unless the diddy chases the banana like crack which any "good" diddy doesn't he will punish you for running in for his banana like that.
I did it once in a Ladder Match. It worked pretty well.
I forgot to say to stay mindful of Diddy Kong attacks when (or if) you go for the peels.

The peels are actually your best friend in ANY match up against Diddy Kong if you can get to them first.

Catching then when he throws them is also very good.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Then that keeps you from using aerials or smashes, or tilts.

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Then that keeps you from using aerials or smashes, or tilts.
Another thing you could do is double jump when throws the bannana/gets close to you so could punish him with a just-now-starting invincibility framed foot to the face. ;D

Chaco

Never Logs In
You can do this with a low DJC Naner Down Toss to Nair. It'll cancel out on the ground after connecting.

Or you could always DJTC to Fsmash to DJC Dtoss low Uair.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Or if you grabbing bananas is a bad idea

also ladder match lmfao. Those don't give you good match-up experience unless your playing ADHD

Top Bottom