• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Matchup Thread // OUTDATED

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Well, I had a bit of time, so I just wrote a paragraph on the Zelda v Ike matchup. I wrote it from Zelda's perspective, so as to help you guys out more.

"Ike is the character with the highest power and range in the game, and astonishingly high priority in his moves. He has the ability to kill Zelda at really low percents, thanks both to Zelda's weight and his immense power. That said, this isn't a terrible or even a bad matchup for Zelda. It's about even, in fact. The important part is realizing, as a Zelda player, the areas in which you should not trod. First off, you'll be better off going into the air only to kill him with SH Forward or Back Aerials. Jumping for constant aerial combat is going to result in you getting Forward Aired straight away. Speaking of SH hops, beware Ike's lagless Nair which goes into the AAA combo, he'll usually go with a short hop for this. You generally outspeed most of Ike's options and you've got a projectile. Begin the match by Din's Firing to force him to approach. Constant Din's Fires will stop Quick Draw happy Ikes. If he uses a laggy attack against you, be sure to shield it (Don't spot dodge, Ike's attacks have lasting damage boxes!!!) and either grab him or down smash. Dtilt lock helps a bit, so be sure to do that whenever possible. As a finisher, try to throw him or up tilt him. If he hangs by the ledge, don't approach. Instead, use Din's Fire. To stop the quick draw recovery, just jump in front of him. All in all, you're going to have to keep some distance and just hit away at him while avoiding Ike's close combat options. Equal match."
OMG Yay ^^ Thank you so much, now i don´t have to make a summary :3

I'll update the first post ;)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
why yoshi's island, if I might ask?

is it because the savior platfors can eat his PKT sometimes?

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
why yoshi's island, if I might ask?

is it because the savior platfors can eat his PKT sometimes?
Well, the terrain gimps PK fire, since Ness send it in a diagonal direction, thus shutting down Ness combo starter :o

The platform above moves and helps Zelda to poke Ness's shield, it's easy to edgeguard him here.

If you get too agressive the tearrain saves you, you can appear with almost 0 lag here while using FW

But the sides eat FW and NEVER EVER use Din's at the edge here, you'll slip ;_;

I think that's all 0.0

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Wow. I was supposed to be active and I managed to miss two matchups T_T Well, time to try again.

Ness matchup is even. Although PKT2 is easy to gimp, good Ness rarely needs to use it because it´s pretty easy to get to the ground with airdodge and fastfall to get back your jump. PK Fire can be reflected, but it still works well if used correctly (approaching from the air with when Zelda uses U-smash for example). PK Thunder and Flash are pretty useless other than interrupting Farore´s. Magnet prevents Zelda´s camping with Din, so Ness can control the flow of the match to some degree.

Ness´ Fair is good for attacking Zelda when she gets to the air, but doesn´t work well against grounded one (F-smash, U-smash), Bair is great when Ness gets close but not anything insanely awesome because getting close enough can be hard.

Zelda´s Dair beats Ness´Uair, but Ness can attack with surprisingly fast with DJ -> Uair and also kill Zelda with that at high percents. Ness´Dair is extremely dangerous because it´s a powerfull spike and pretty strong even when sourspotted. When Zelda is at high percents it isn´t so much of a problem because she´ll be recovering from far away, but at low and medium damage she needs to be carefull so that Ness won´t hit with it. Same applies other way around too, because Zelda´s Dair can kill Ness surprisingly easily.

Ness´ Down- and Up-smashes are more dangerous than his F-smash because he can stop Zelda´s approach both from behind and up front with them and he can also approach well with U-smash himself, but he is still vulnerable to Zelda´s approaches and well-timed dins.

Zelda kills Ness earlier than other way around (I think :ohwell:), but only if she gets clean hits in, but even if she doesn´t, she can still edgeguard or use less precise attacks (U-smash for example) to get a kill. Ness can kill best with his F-smash, Bair, Uair and Dair, but F-smash is slow and others somewhat short, so he doesn´t get them in too easily. Both have to watch out when recovering and have some not too hard-to-hit killing moves, so matchup is pretty even.

Also, Ness doesn´t have PK Magnet attack, but his causes slight wind when stopped.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
hmmmm... when everyone else seems to think marth v. Zelda is 60:40.... why do we have it as 55:45?

oh, and half-split soul, Zelda's Uair beats ness's dair.... it just requires excelent timing/spacing

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Holy christ, sensible people who realize that the match is even and not a landslide for Ness! (Yes, I realize this is the Zelda board and not the Ness board.)

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
It was more of a pain to read it...

I read through the first seven pages and couldn't take it anymore.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
And... that's generally how they are. It's not even worth discussing this with them because they think they're oh-so-great against everyone and the ringleader is adding onto the BS. Even match-up. Next one, please.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
hmmmm... when everyone else seems to think marth v. Zelda is 60:40.... why do we have it as 55:45?
My fault :laugh:

Successor of Raphael said:
Holy christ, sensible people who realize that the match is even and not a landslide for Ness! (Yes, I realize this is the Zelda board and not the Ness board.)
So there is no way that Zelda will have ever a little advantage? :ohwell: Oh well

Next Match-up coming up :D

I wonder if you ever read my opinion on the first post </3

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
It was those wall of texts that really killed it for me (MY EYES!!!). It was actually quite pleasant witnessing Zelda peeps owning the Ness ppl over there in the discussion.

Peach...well, I haven't fought really good one's, but at early %s Peach might try her Dair combos on you. I've heard from the Peach boards that dair combos can suppoesdly do 60% if all the hits connect. Idk if I'm right, but doesn't Zelda's usmash and fsmash kill Peach's float game? If she tries to dair/fair/bair/nair you, usmash. I'm pretty sure usmash has more priority then all of them...not to sure about Peach's fair, tho.

Also, one should never use Din's to nulify Peach's turnips. Most Peach's will glide toss them. If the two meet, Zelda is at a disadvantage becuz she has some afterlag on Dins, while Peach actually moves foward and can grab Zelda or whatever.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
It was those wall of texts that really killed it for me (MY EYES!!!). It was actually quite pleasant witnessing Zelda peeps owning the Ness ppl over there in the discussion.

:ohwell: Oh well ^^*wanted the advantage to Zelda*Zelda>>>Ness

Peach...well, I haven't fought really good one's, but at early %s Peach might try her Dair combos on you. Idk if I'm right, but doesn't Zelda's usmash and fsmash kill Peach's float game? If she tries to dair/fair/bair/nair you, usmash. I'm pretty sure usmash has more priority then all of them...not to sure about Peach's fair, tho.

You're right :p Zelda's Smashes>>>>Float Game

Yeah, Peach can combo early on, you have to DI each hit, and besides Zelda is floaty so it shouldn't be very hard to do it, although it can cause some problems, but the flaw is that you'll always know when peach will try to combo you, it's so obvious :urg:

Zelda actually has some early combos on Peach too, although ( i love repeating words ^^) the most you'll acheive is 16-30%, 50% if the Peach player is stupid :dizzy:

I've heard from the Peach boards that dair combos can suppoesdly do 60% if all the hits connect.

Only on certain characters like fast fallers and so :laugh:

Also, one should never use Din's to nulify Peach's turnips. Most Peach's will glide toss them. If the two meet, Zelda is at a disadvantage becuz she has some afterlag on Dins, while Peach actually moves foward and can grab Zelda or whatever.

There are ocassions they'll throw them at you, Glide toss as you said is sometimes the best option, but a risky one on characters that can punish well, like Zelda

And when zelda is casting and she gets hit by a turnip, she'll lose control of it, and then time to shield ( or you can't? o.o)
10princesses

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
I'd rather just shield the turnip and punish the Peach if the opponent decides to rush to you.

But if you do get hit, I'd fsmash cuz I'm sure it outprioritizes most of the attacks that she's gonna follow up with.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
If you ever use Din's against anyone who uses projectiles often, always aim for the ground. I think the hitbox would get them if they just jumped once... maybe...

Anyway, I don't know much about this match-up. Some say that Peach isn't too good for Zelda. Others say that Zelda is a pain for Peach. Personal experience would lead me to an even match-up, but I'm not ready to settle for that just yet. I guess it's best to ask the other board for this one.

Also, please change the current Peach pic. That's disgusting.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Um the usmash surely is anoying... but I can DI out of it rather easily.... its the only really problem against the float... and if used so often its decay count will make it insignificant....

I have yet to fight any good Zeldas, and Zelda is my secondary if you all didn't know....

Yes peach can do 0-60% combos against Zelda, considering all hits connect.... To be honest I think peach has a minor advantage... Zelda is just too predictable(again... never fought a Zelda I haven't 3 stocked =/ ... you need more players :p)

Peach can outcamp her and beat her in the air(unless the oposing Zelda is oh-so-presise).

Zelda can "out-ground" her but most peach's don't like to stay there very long....

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
If WiFi has stopped sucking for me, I'll play you Tiger. Of course, I'd be playing on my computer and it doesn't flow as clean as a TV, so I dunno if I'd be any good. Let me know if you want to give it a try.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I've played plenty of good peaches.... and they are AWFUL for me... just awful... worse than marth, not as bad as G&W.

A smart peach will toss turnips in such a way that reflecting them won't hit her back and will punish NL with peach bomber or crown smash..

also... Peach's float game really disrupts Zelda's defensive game.... Peach can bait whifs more easily than and other character I've played.... and her amazing horizontal recovery means even our mighty Dsmash won't leave her unable to recover..... granted... she can't gimp our recovery either.... but... god this is a tough matchup.

Aerially, she destroys us... and her floating ability means she rarely has to rely on her subpar ground game compared to ours.... and, unlike most other characters, she CAN attack us while she's in the air and we're on the ground, because her unique aerial control stops us from being able to stuff with the Usmash....

... if we are EVER forced to predictably FW.... she WILL kill you with Usmash or Fsmash...

... plus... she can 0-60% combo us....

even so... peach isn't AWFUL.... but 60:40 peach's advantage for sure IMO

oh..... and there is NO shortage of Zelda + Peach pics... so why did you place that awful, aful hideous beast up there?

Sky`

Smash Lord
Ohh!
I read on the Peach boards that you guys need some halp with this matchup. ^_^
As phoar my credentials? I'm no Edreeses, but I did place 25th out of 307 at Axis with my peechy. =D

I can tell you one thing. Luigi's Mansion messes her up. Well, Zelda should always pick the mansion for everybody. That level is amazing.

Peaches are floaty, and nobody likes din's fire. Especially peach. When she is recovering, she usually tends to like grabbing the ledge. If you can pressure her with din's fire while she is landing, it makes it much more difficult. We are used to having time before we land, but with Din's fire on us the whole time, we get a little panicked. At least, I do.

The beginning should be primarily Usmash to Usmash to Usmash. That chains quite nicely. Peach has a deep reliance on the combo "Dair to Dair to Dair" Because your Usmash has higher priority, you can take off a stock quickly by punishing peach.

Watch out for Toad. Zelda's moves are predictable (Except for Down tilt) And can be easily toaded. Don't challenge a Fsmash with a Bair, or a Fair, cause we'll win it every time. =[.

I don't think it's best to really try and reflect her turnips, unless it's a bomb. Just dodge them for the most part. I find my self thriving off the fact that some Zeldas like to try and reflect, but if they miss, it gives them a tremendous frame lag, of them just doing the attack. I can Fair you out of your reflect, pretty easily.

That's my take, I hope it helps. =]

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Why do you ppl use NL to reflect? It has a good amount of afterlag that'll leave you open long enough for someone like Peach to punish you. If anything, you should just shield the turnip and it'll disappear.

As for her recovery, you can always try to use Dins when she's trying to float back to the stage. That'll force her to either drop her float to an airdodge or take 13% dmg.

Idk, I don't really see how Peach has the advantage =/
I need to fight better Peaches >.<

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
PLEASE CONSIDER WE'RE TAKING INTO ACCOUNT EQUAL SKILL FROM BOTH PLAYERS

Oh and Sky`, I loved your post <3

See people? Back up your arguments with proofs. No meaningless blabbering about how you can't beat your friends or you **** them -_-

I'll wait to post again until more Zelda and Peach mainers post

And Successor of Raphael, i loved what you did ^^ That idea would have never passed in my head. It was excellent :laugh:

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Pardon this spam: SONIC YOUR PIC IS AMAZING!!...

Back on topic... sky and sonic pretty much hit the nail on the head... Peach has many things to punish Zelda with if she becomes predictable...however if the Zelda is tricky she can win....

Generaly Zelda will have the easier time killing, if she does not decay her kill moves. Peach should have a hard time killing(she always does....) IFF she decays her moves as well..... in the end there are more ways for peach to punish Zelda, however Zelda does have more range and priority on most attacks...(on the ground)

Naryus is useless against us unless you plan on hitting us with it if we are in your face....

Dins hurts when used correctly.... it has ending lag so be careful in using it though....

Dont run in and usmash all the time... usmash beats out peach if she is directly on top... but most people will dair at an angle in Zelda's "dead zone" where she has no moves that hit peach while peach dairs....

remember peachess can airdodge out of a float, but they will have to cancel their float in order to do so(must land if airdodges)...stay away from the air.... the only time youll want to do that is to short hop bair/fair if peach did something really, really stupid... or uair(which is a great killer) if the peach is high enough

i wouldnt suggest going out to edge guard peach by leaving the stage... she has more air mobility than you....

toad is a predictable zelda's nightmare.... fear him

if a peach toads into nothing... try and naryus it...situational but it will reflect the spores back at peach

edge hogging a peach doesnt really work...even if you prevent the peach from sweetspotting intially from her upb, the umbrella will cause a slow decent....knocking the edgehogger off the ledge and then sweet spotting the ledge....which is bad for zelda considering peach is an AMAZNING gimper/edgehogger....

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
If theres one thing we can learn from this match up, it's that Sakurai clearly prefers brunettes over blondes. But then you have ZSS...but that's going off topic.

Peach's main source of damage, her Dairs, is somewhat less useful against Zelda because she is floaty meaning stringing Dair combos together is a nightmare and Zelda's Up Smash will knock Peach out of the sky. Peach therefore has to be less reliant on them and make better use of other moves.

That's where the beauty of Peach's 2nd jump kicks in. If I think Zelda is going to Up/Forward Smash me, I 2nd jump back and Fair her. Peach is a lot faster than Zelda and better at punishing her

Toad is a brilliant move vs Zelda. If you get predictable, you will get Toaded

Whilst your new D Smash is nice, never disregard Peach's. Despite the power nerf, it's still a great move and very good for getting people out from under our feet and Zelda is no exception.

Peach is most vunerable when she's knocked high up in the air. Play smart and land a U Air if you can because that thing sends Peach flying. Din's Fire is an excellent edgeguarder vs Peach

I haven't fought many Zelda's at all so I'm not sure if I should be making conclusions but atm I think it's 50:50. If anyone wants some Peach experience then please be sure to ask me as I also need Zelda experience :p

Villi

Smash Lord
I have some good experience on both sides of the matchup so here's my take.

Peach vs Zelda

Best case scenario, I'll be able to land two dairs and an uair at 0% for just under 40%. With good DI, I get one dair and an uair for 28%.

If Zelda tries to Naryu's Love my turnips, I just throw them from the air and then follow up with a fair.

On the ground, Peach can jab out of a dtilt lock. Grabs really do a number on Zelda because she doesn't do well in the air. An uthrow or dthrow at low percents is a good way to put Zelda in a bad position, and an fthrow near the edge gives you a chance to exploit her predictable FW.

Fairs will outprioritize usmash with the right angle and timing. Dairs will beat fsmash. Bairs come out fast enough to outspeed most of Zelda's smashes if I need a different kill move.

Just keep Zelda juggled and the match is yours. When Zelda is on the ground, it's just a matter of exploiting her laggy moves and waiting to launch her. Edge Guard her aggressively -- there's not much she can do and you have a good chance of catching her in FW. If she has to recover from far away, she's also pretty simple to edge hog or attack coming out of her FW.

Zelda vs. Peach

Din's works better on Peach than it does on most people of the cast. She has a cruddy air dodge, so if she doesn't time it well, she'll still end up getting hit by it. She can outprioritize it with a nair or Toad, but it still creates a good deal of pressure because both moves are laggy. When she's off the stage, she often has no good options vs. Din's. If she's forced to recover horizontally or lower, she's forced to take the hit because anything else she does will lead to an SD. It's a race for the ledge in that situation.

Naryu's Love should be used aggressively if at all. It reflects Toad's spores, so keep that in mind when you're going aggressive against her and she uses it to break your momentum.

Dtilts are not a great idea since Peach will likely be floating most of the time and she can jab out of it. Your best option is to get her from behind with it as it'll be faster than any of her attacks from there, but it's not your safest approach.

Use your tilts and jabs. Ftilt comes out considerably faster than fsmash. Utilt will trade hits with her fair. Jab has a low cool down time so you can follow up with a grab or smash.

Take your opportunities to hyphen smash under her float when she's in that position, especially if she's being reckless and dropping out to fair. If you see that she's already used her float and double jump, trap her for as long as you can in your Usmashes. The best she can do is over b out of it while you whiff.

Kicks out of shield, predicting a short hop/float, and uairs aside, you want to stay out of the air. If you're prepping your spacing for a kick, chances are she has a fair coming. Stay on the ground for the most part and use rising aerials if at all.

Dsmash is a great spike set up. You can spike Peach from almost anywhere you send her with it and even if it's sour, you have a good chance of gimping her. Peach no likey spikey.

I say it's 60-40 Peach.

Villi

Smash Lord
How does Zelda's Usmash fare against Peach's dair?
I'm pretty sure it beats it most of the time. Usmash has wonky priority from the sides since she waves her arm from side to side. There's probably an off chance that they'll trade a single hit.

The thing to note is that even though Peach's Dair is slower than Zelda's usmash, Peach will often already have it started by the time she's near Zelda. Usmash is 6 frames to start and there's 5 frames between every hit of Peach's dair.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Old things, but I just must comment this:

oh, and half-split soul, Zelda's Uair beats ness's dair.... it just requires excelent timing/spacing
True, Zelda has a disjointed hitbox in her Uair, so she can attack most of the dairs without needing to worry about getting hit, but the timing has to be perfect.

Back on topic at hand, Peach. I don´t have almost any experience against her, so I can´t say much. Based the experience I´ve gained from extremely small amount of matches fought vs Peach I´d say that Zelda has disadvantage, but I can´t really analyze why. The other posters here know that matchup so much better than I do.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Villi, loved your post too ^^

But Zelda's D-tilt takes her out from a SH float and float

Your d-tilt outspeeds every Peach aerial she does at ground or second jump float except for Nair

Actually D-tilt outspeeds every single Peach move except fro Nair according to Niko_K frame data and RyokoYaksa Frame data

D-tilt = 5 frames

Nair = 3 frames

Since I've done so much trolling lately I've decided to do something good for the boards for once. I have compiled frame data for most of peach's moveset.This frame data tells you exactly which frame the hitbox becomes present after inputting the move. I will do attack lag and landing lag for non auto cancelled moves later.

I used virtualdub to watch each attack hit a player frame by frame. There ARE some missing moves, so if anyone could get the data for those moves it would be appreciated. I was super shocked with the results. Credit out to 3GOD and hotgarbage for additional data.

Jabs

1st Jab:
First hits on: 2nd frame
Cooldown: 17

2nd Jab:
First hits on: 12th frame
Cooldown: 20

Dash Attack

1st hitbox of Dash Attack - 6th frame
2nd hitbox of Dash Attack - 24th frame

Aerials

Credit to 3GOD for this data. Landing lag represents the amount of lag the aerial has when landed without auto-cancelling.

Nair:
First hits on frame 3
Landing lag: 11
Hit lag: 9 (first hit)
Shield stun: 12 (first hit)
Advantage: -8

Dair:
First hits on frame 12
Landing lag: 9
Hit lag: 6 (last hit)
Shield stun: 7 (last hit)
Advantage: -8

Fair:
First hits on frame 16
Landing lag: 22 (auto-cancels on frame 20 and after)
Hit lag: 9
Shield stun: 13
Advantage: -18 (if auto-canceled, advantage is 0)

Bair:
First hits on frame 6
Hit lag: 10 (first hit)
Shield stun: 15 (first hit)
Advantage: -4

Uair:
First hits on frame 8
Hit lag: 9
Shield stun: 11
Advantage: -7

Tilts

F-Tilt:
First hit on: 6th frame(Point Blank), 7th frame ranged.
Cooldown: 20 (if you're attacking someone on the ground it's 30 for all practical purposes because the hitbox lingers above your head, thus making you vulnerable to any incoming ground attack)

D-Tilt:
First hit on: 14th frame
Cooldown: 15 (What about IASA?)

U-Tilt = 10th frame

Smashes

F-Smash(Pan) = 18th frame
F-Smash(Racket) = 14th frame
F-Smash(Club) = 14th frame from behind, 18th frame from infront
D-Smash = 6th frame

U-Smash:
First hit on: 14th frame
Est Cooldown: 16

Specials

Forward-B = 20th frame
Up-B = 6th frame (I need the other 4 hitboxes data)
Down-B = Turnip pulling animation ends on frame 32

Other

Grab = 8th frame
Turnip Throw = 12th frame
Aerial Turnip Throw = 8th frame

Dodges/Rolls

Credit again to 3GOD.

Spot Dodge lasts 25 Frames
Invincible Frames 2 – 20

Roll Backward lasts 31 Frames
Invincible Frames 5 – 20

Roll Forward lasts 31 Frames
Invincible Frames 4 – 19

Air Dodge lasts 49 Frames
Invincible Frames 4 – 19
The frame data of Zelda's attacks don't vary considerably with her Melee frame data.

By experience, Dsmash, Usmash, Dtilt, Bair, Dash attack, and Nair all generate the fastest possible hitboxes. Dtilt DOES come out fast, and should not be mistaken for otherwise.

Nayru's doesn't hit until well after frame 10 of execution. You are completely invulnerable starting on frame 4(?), lasting until the frame before the attack portion comes out. The invulnerability and the attack don't overlap, as you've probably noticed when hit out of Nayru's while your target only takes 1 damage. While the invulnerability comes out fairly fast, the attack itself does not.

I did some quick tests on my capture device to see the first frame in which an attack will hit.

Dsmash: 4
Usmash: 6
Dtilt: 5
Fair: 8
Bair: 5
Jab: ...11
Ftilt: 12
Dash attack: 6
Fsmash: 16
Standing grab: 12
Dash grab: 11
Utilt: 10
Nair: 6
Uair: 14
Dair: 14
Nayru's: 13

To at least be able to count the first frame at which an attack hits, record video at 60 fps at 1.0x speed, then count the frames. Don't use slower speeds in Training or whatever... the game still animates at 60fps even in slow motion which will lead to inaccuracy.

In short, a lot of you are way off.
Your jab outranges her Bair

I think Dair = Peach Uair

However starts first i think o.o

You can kill Peach from 0% with your Dair unlike other characters, especially if she already used her jumps, and IME i find Peach to be from easy to normal difficulty for spiking with Zelda :/

Peach will let Zelda live long even when edgeguarding with Good DI

Zelda on the contrary will kill Peach early

A undecayed (impossible lol j/k) Royal Crown close to the sides, will kill Zelda wiht good DI 70-80%

Zelda's decayed U-smash keeps killing from 140%-???

U-tilt starts killing at 80% ( i never use it :/ )

Lightning Kicks start killing at 60% ON STAGE

Uair starts killing from 50-????

Don't use Nayru's Love as a reflector here, it's easy to punish a glide tossed turnip from Peach UNLESS she glides backwards, use it only as an GET OFF ME BETCH xD

Your F-smash kills Peach's Peach Bomber

U-smash somewhat limits (note that i'm saying somewhat) Peach's float game, and your ground game is better even with ground level aerials thanks to d-tilt since it outspeeds Peach's Fair (maybe outranges at ground level too MAYBE) Bair, Dair

You can rack up damage by Dairing Peach out of her float, even at ground level ^^

Peach cannot juggle very well zelda due to her inability to reach bigger heights without her parasol, so just airdodge, FW or Dair your way down, BUT WATCH OUT FOR U-tilt, it has a very big hitbox :o

I also know this match-up well (not so well, but i have experience ^^ ) i have played a handful of good peaches :D Yay :3

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
because I'm not going to look back and choose exact posts to quote, here are some responses to things listed:

Peach's Dair
maybe it doesn't outprioritize Usmash or Utilt from Zelda.... but it doesn't have to... peach's air control lets her come in from an angle with it so Zelda can't get out an attack in time... and if Zelda predicts with a usmash/utilt.... simple.... peach doesn't have to move in with the atatck and can get in an attack after Zelda whifs the attack... she's just have to settle for getting one less dair in before she combos into uair or nair....
once peach gets this attack off, she can juggle zelda for lots of damage... it's really rough on her.
I do best beating this out with a powershiel followed by whatever I think I can get out in time... or by going agressive as a surprise and dash attacking her if she's low enough.

Zelda's smashes (Up and Side)
will get punished everytime you whif with either a crown, or a grab normally.

Nayru's love
is rarely useful against turnips.... gabbing them is SOOOOOO much better.... in fact... my most LOL worthy peach vs. zelda match ever involved grabbing a dead turnip fro meach then glide tossing up into a usmash.... the peach airdodged... fell into usmash out of the dodge and got HAMMERED by the falling death turnip right as the Usmash finnished... she took considerable damage.... but yeah.. NL should rarey be usef for them... isntead... use it:
when peach is approaching from behind (and not by gliding) or when she whiffs with toad and you don't have time/positioning to charge a smash or get in a LK.

Edgeguarding
peach CAN do it, though not amazingly in most cases vs. zelda..... but zelda can't do it well at all... so peach wins here.

Zelda's Dtilt
I wouldn't... if peach is floating... it won't hit anyway...

Peach's jab
d*** it it will punish ANYthing you do that hits her shield... and is SO fast it will nomally protect her in situations where you could OTHERWISE pull out your Dsmash <_<

Zelda is off the edge
D: OH NO!!!! if she can't grab the edge... she'd better hope that peach overestimates her ability to edgeguard and gives you an oportunity to warp through her.... otherwise... she'll get to you when you land with either a POWERFUL smash... or at the VERY least... a grab if she couldn't get into a punishing position.... still... bad

overall impression
Zelda has a lot of tools at her disposal... but the tools peach has just work so much better in this matchup... Peach has EXTRAORDINARY juggling skills with her dair -> dair-> Uair combo... and Zelda is VERY prone to aerial juggles.... Also... peach's unique aerial approach let's her bypass Zelda's normally reliable mechanisms of defense... and her blazing fast jab counters zelda's GTFO moves.... and then her toad can counter ANY predictable attack from zelda.... it's just a very tough matchup in which peach has most of the advantages.

Zelda's Defensive game
gets widely bypassed by peach's unique nature... which means zelda has to go offensive or really beef up her game to take down peach... but peach has a lot of ways to punish an agressive zelda... most involve shielding and then punishing Zelda's cooldown lag or use of toad

so... let's see
Best impression I can give of matchup difficulty:
gotta be about 60:40 peach.... though I could see anywhere from 55-65 on peach's side. Definitely counterpick Mansion here... and beware peach counterpicking lylat cruise against YOU or even yoshi's island to help herself.

As for that pic I posted:

yes.... it's awesome... but it's not mine.... thank google... and aparently Sigurd Hosenfeld

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
This is going just like the Ness discussion -_-
Except now the one with the advantage is Peach -_-
I wonder if all the people posting here, aside from Sky` and Villi have any experience with this match-up or they don't know how to fight Peach -_-

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
This is going just like the Ness discussion -_-
Except now the one with the advantage is Peach -_-
no it's not... at least this time around... both sides seem to have points and counterpoints... as opposed to the ness thread where the zelda supporters had points and the ness supporters said "Zelda is easy for ness because she is"

I wonder if all the people posting here, aside from Sky` and Villi have any experience with this match-up or they don't know how to fight Peach -_-
just because of the circles I run in... I've had to fight a LOT of peaches... and I can **** them once in a while... but when I do that... it's normally when the peach is of inferior skill level... playing a smart, capable peach is an uttr nightmare for me.... now, granted I know I can be a bit more predictable/reckless than other Zeldas... but I'm really not awful... and I'm not playing perfect peaches and they are still d*** hard.... and peach ain't a cakewalk for shiek either so I really do have trouble with her.

Side note to OP:
-while I do like that Zelda vs. peach pic... it's hugeness bothers me O.o
-this is in no way Zelda's advantage... please refrain from posting a ruling on the difficulty of the matchup until AFTER discussion is complete.... because you are getting essentially two warring factions here:
50:50
or
60:40 peach

so putting the matchup as 60:40 Zelda is just ridiculously confusing... especially considering no one thinks that. O.o

-oh.... and I have no idea what's going on in your sig, but it's strangely captivating O.O

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
@RoyalBlood:
Yeah its true I don't really have much experience in the Zelda vs Peach area... but I main Peach and second Zelda, so I think I know a bit =D
I hope I'm helping.... the other peach's in here I know for a fact play Zeldas a bit...

and your sig is mesmerizing... so true

Back to the point... Catching turnips is hard... but if your good at it it is a great tool to stop turnip-happy peach's(wow sonic... to be so bold as to try catching the death turnip.... the red badge of courage goes to you)

in my case I wouldnt risk it but it really depends to you...

even if you can be punished in naryus.... its better than taking a death turnip or bomb-omb to the face...

having said that remember that peach's airdodge is crap... and she can't airdodge without comprimising her float...

maby you people can test this... but uair i think will be amazing against a peach... it would kill her off the top at really low percents.... plus the hitbox will keep zelda safe from any dairs....

actually dins fire as a recovery might not be a bad idea in this case.... dins so that the explosion is where you will land and it will kill any floating peachs.... carefull though because peach can still punish from the ground..

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
no it's not... at least this time around... both sides seem to have points and counterpoints... as opposed to the ness thread where the zelda supporters had points and the ness supporters said "Zelda is easy for ness because she is"

Ok *sigh*

just because of the circles I run in... I've had to fight a LOT of peaches... and I can **** them once in a while... but when I do that... it's normally when the peach is of inferior skill level... playing a smart, capable peach is an uttr nightmare for me.... now, granted I know I can be a bit more predictable/reckless than other Zeldas... but I'm really not awful... and I'm not playing perfect peaches and they are still d*** hard No one is :/.... and peach ain't a cakewalk for shiek either so I really do have trouble with her.Please refrain from mentioning Sheik in Zelda's Match-ups :laugh: Ankoku already made a list for that ^^

Side note to OP:
-while I do like that Zelda vs. peach pic... it's hugeness bothers me O.o
I'll post moar pictures so you can vote, i think i'll start doing this for all the mathc-ups ^^

-this is in no way Zelda's advantage... please refrain from posting a ruling on the difficulty of the matchup until AFTER discussion is complete.... because you are getting essentially two warring factions here:
50:50
or
60:40 peach

Ok my fault :laugh: But i'm very very (although not completely sure) sure that is Zelda's advantage, even if it's a little one like 55:45

so putting the matchup as 60:40 Zelda is just ridiculously confusing... especially considering no one thinks that. O.o

Ok ^^ from now on, all match-ups will start at 0:0

-oh.... and I have no idea what's going on in your sig, but it's strangely captivating O.O

Sophie will captivate you ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7-1Ths4sKE
I'd like to play some Peaches so i can see if my argument is right :) although Wi-fi is not the best option, it's the only one i have ;_; But my USB adapter disappeared so i'll have to borrow my friends one, until i can borrow it, i'll be waiting ^^ I wanna get *****, and by any means i'm not good, i think i'm decent ^^ well, you'll rate me please so i can shut up, sometimes i can be so stupid :3

All the following pictures are property of their respective owners at Deviantart ^^

Vote :

All Images are in scale

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
@RoyalBlood:
Yeah its true I don't really have much experience in the Zelda vs Peach area... but I main Peach and second Zelda, so I think I know a bit =D

I main Zelda and second Peach :D

I hope I'm helping.... the other peach's in here I know for a fact play Zeldas a bit...

and your sig is mesmerizing... so true

Yay! Sophie is love <3 Thanks ^^

Back to the point... Catching turnips is hard... but if your good at it it is a great tool to stop turnip-happy peach's(wow sonic... to be so bold as to try catching the death turnip.... the red badge of courage goes to you)

in my case I wouldnt risk it but it really depends to you...

Yeah, don't try it :( It's hard, but if you manage it, thumbs up :)

even if you can be punished in naryus.... its better than taking a death turnip or bomb-omb to the face...

Once i reflected a bomb :D Actually neither the Peach or Zelda notice when a bomb is pulled out; I killed myself and another Peach like that in a Peach Ditto, i was too close to the explosion because i thought it was a normal turnip ;__;

having said that remember that peach's airdodge is crap... and she can't airdodge without comprimising her float...

I thought it was top-notch =o

maby you people can test this... but uair i think will be amazing against a peach... it would kill her off the top at really low percents.... plus the hitbox will keep zelda safe from any dairs....

Props to you ^^

actually dins fire as a recovery might not be a bad idea in this case.... dins so that the explosion is where you will land and it will kill any floating peachs.... carefull though because peach can still punish from the ground..

Exactly ^^

Also Peach Bomber >> Nayru's Love, i always do that, juicy 15% damage :D, use the after lag for it :/

Your umbrella outprioritazes Din's on opening :o

Woot duble post :p

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Tiger, our matches might have to wait for a bit because my best controller was destroyed in a... wet accident. I had to get two other controllers mailed to my dorm room along with several other items the other day, and they should be here by tomorrow or Friday. That said, one controller is the Classic Controller and the other is some cheap black controller with an extra-sensitive analog stick, so we'll see how that goes.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Heyyy...I'd like to try out some better Peaches too! I'mma medicore Zelda, but more action less talk! XD

Top Bottom