• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Matchup Thread // OUTDATED

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Din's Fire is really pointless against Peach. She can pull turnips between each blast, and approach through the flames with instafloat (maintaining the approach) and NAir as it gets close. Peach's NAir has a long-lasting hitbox that outprioritizes Din's Fire, and she can drop into a dash or glide toss and penetrate Zelda's defense. Its obvious that Peach can NAir to recover through Din's Fire spam as well.

Peach's lack of killing options is somewhat negated by Zelda's poor/predictable recovery, allowing for punishment that includes a beasty UpSmash.

I have a picture that I saved from another forum, you'll have to crop out ZSS if you want to use it~ (idk who made this lovely thing)

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Din's Fire is really pointless against Peach. She can pull turnips between each blast, and approach through the flames with instafloat (maintaining the approach) and NAir as it gets close. Peach's NAir has a long-lasting hitbox that outprioritizes Din's Fire, and she can drop into a dash or glide toss and penetrate Zelda's defense. Its obvious that Peach can NAir to recover through Din's Fire spam as well.

But then Din's fullfills its mission, pressure and forcing the opponent to do something so you can punish, Nair after-lag (though very little) is still punishable, Bair and Dair also outprioritaze Din's, but your timing must be excellently excellent :ohwell:

Peach's lack of killing options is somewhat negated by Zelda's poor/predictable recovery, allowing for punishment that includes a beasty UpSmash.

Only when the Zelda is not controlling Farore's well and warps above you or in the air :ohwell:

I have a picture that I saved from another forum, you'll have to crop out ZSS if you want to use it~ (idk who made this lovely thing)

Woot! :3 I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT <3 DO YOU HAVE THE FULL VERSION OR DO YOU KNOW THE AUTHOR OF THE PICTURE ? Ans i'm sure we can conserve ZSS :D

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I really wouldn't want this to turn into a picture thread.... the only reason I posted that one (which is the one I prefer)

is because Zombie peach was frightening... and that other pic is too huge.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LwyeTCluy0

Bair destroying turnips?!?!

D-tilt clashing with Peach's F-smash!?!

Unable to get Zelda in the air or off-stage?!

Zelda comboing Peach?!?!

Peach dying early!?!?!

MADNESS!?! :3

But maybe the Peach had lower skill ?! o.o I guess we'll never know it ;)
whether peach had lower skill or not, she CERTAINLY was doing stupid things.... honestly... FTILT SPAMMING WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEACH!?!

but, they both had skill... the peach just didn't play a smart game at all... it didn't take advantage of ANYTHING it has over zelda in the matchup... The zelda played VERY well AND it was a stage that favoured Zelda...

not the best match out there.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
whether peach had lower skill or not, she CERTAINLY was doing stupid things.... honestly... FTILT SPAMMING WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEACH!?!

Peach : Wait What? lol Because it's fast :laugh:
Me : Of course ^^
Sonic (aka Kyle ^^) : T_T *walks away*

but, they both had skill... the peach just didn't play a smart game at all... it didn't take advantage of ANYTHING it has over zelda in the matchup... The zelda played VERY well AND it was a stage that favoured Zelda...

And Zelda took advantage of what she had on Peach, and besides if Zelda goes defensive, Peach is screwed :/

not the best match out there.

But certainly a good one ^^
10randomcolors

Edit : Kyle Kyle~ *starts dancing* ^^

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
10randomcolors

Edit : Kyle Kyle~ *starts dancing* ^^
*facepalms*

yes... the ftilt is fast... and is not a bad move.... but it was never the BEST decision... Utilt would have done a lot more a few times... and going agressive instead of spamming Ftilt defensively would have been an inspired choice.

yes... the Zelda was inteligent and took advantage of what she had... but Peach did not... doesn;t that even make my point BETTER? because the Zelda played smart and won... the peach played dumb and didn't.... shouldn't we expect that in any matchup?

it's an entertaining matchup for zelda mainers... but peach mainers should steer clear of it unless trying to learn what NOT to do

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
*facepalms*

yes... the ftilt is fast... and is not a bad move.... but it was never the BEST decision... Utilt would have done a lot more a few times... and going agressive instead of spamming Ftilt defensively would have been an inspired choice.

yes... the Zelda was inteligent and took advantage of what she had... but Peach did not... doesn;t that even make my point BETTER? because the Zelda played smart and won... the peach played dumb and didn't.... shouldn't we expect that in any matchup?

Maybe the Peach thought she was smart, but the Zelda was smarter o.o

it's an entertaining matchup for zelda mainers... but peach mainers should steer clear of it unless trying to learn what NOT to do
To bring the palm of one's hand to one's face in mixed humor and disbelief or disgust, for example, when one is caught off-guard with a particularly bad pun.
</3

10depressions

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I apologise to both the finder of this video and the Peach in it but...that was a very poor example of how Peach is played. There was no short hopping, no short hopped aerials, no Glide Tossed Turnips, floating was abused like nobodies business, no use of Toad or Peach Bomber, too much Dair approach and she was far too predictable in her approach. If you're going to base Peach off that video then that isn't the way to go.

...I sound like a complete ******* don't I? :( I didn't mean to sound that harsh. I couldn't think of any other way to say it ><

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
I didn't see that Zelda mainer using what she's got against Peach, either. Zelda could've usmashed Peach's float things, but I guess the player was saving it up for a kill. Regardless, that Zelda really knows her tilts.

And any Peach's with Wifi...pls play my Zelda. I'm really interested in testing this MU.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
tbh i thought that peach was really bad =D

no disrespects to the peach though... he/she tried...

nice zelda whoever that was
Yeah, it noted the Peach wasn´t very good, and i just posted this video to amuse me :laugh:

I myself use Peach too ^^ and of course i wouldn't base this match-up on that video

Note: Tiger :D I may be able to play you tomorrow, i already contacted my friend Yay :3

Pappioll

Smash Apprentice
tbh i thought that peach was really bad =D

no disrespects to the peach though... he/she tried...

nice zelda whoever that was
Haha, you're not the only one :p

Seriously, that Peach was garbage.:ohwell: Seems like he didn't know what to do or where to aim.

Btw, about the pictures for each match-up. Wouldn't it be better if we just simply used the official SSBB renders for each character? It will add much more structure to the thread.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Haha, you're not the only one :p

Seriously, that Peach was garbage.:ohwell: Seems like he didn't know what to do or where to aim.

Well, i'm sure it wasn´t garbage -_- it was decent ^^

Btw, about the pictures for each match-up. Wouldn't it be better if we just simply used the official SSBB renders for each character? It will add much more structure to the thread.

But that's no fun :/ The SSBB renders are BOORING and meh, and you should remember the Zelda boards are the most relaxed boards ^^ we're more laid back in a good way and also COOL people ;) We're not like OMG! META-GAME META-GAME META-GAME :psycho: We're the relaxed,cool and civilized boards :D

Zelda boards >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all ^^ J/K :3
10coolpeople

Edit : WOOT! I have Wi-Fi again ^^

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
bah... I've decided to accept peach as being just as hard as Ike... I'll call them both 55:45... ike or peach... not zelda.....

okay... next matchup time yet? howabout metaknight?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ya MK would be nice..........or game and watch if he hasn't been covered already.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
How can you say that -_-

Zelda kills Peach Air game, YEAH IT KILL A GOOD ZELDA WILL KILL A GOOD PEACH AIR GAME

Zelda's Ground Game is better, her moves come out faster that ground level aerials except Nair

Zelda cannot be edgeguarded so easily, you make it sound like Zelda is predictable as hell, laggy as hell, Peach can combo her like hell -_-

I would call it 60:40 Zelda or just 50:50 fro all of you -__-

:( *sigh*

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
^ground game i say zelda is better.... but not TOO much better....

and sorry but i must disagree peach's airgame just completely outdoes zelda's.... zelda is a fish out of water compared to the floaty flying princess =D

- peach is more mobile in the air
- percision is not required
- fast moves
- has more range on all aerials (except uair.... but thats different)
- priority..... like really peach, jiggly, metaknight... characters like these rule the skies.... mostly meta :dizzy: though

Villi

Smash Lord
Due to playing Villi I have seen the light

Is it 45:55 Peach or 40:60 Peach? ^^
I learned some stuff from those matches.

Shield drop to upsmash is a good punishment for floating dairs.

Peach's usmash out-prioritizes Zelda's FW reappearance if timed correctly.

Recovering low with Peach is just asking for a sour spike gimp.

Zelda has a crappy throwing arm. >.>

Peach's nair/fair works fine in breaking through Din's, but I still don't know if the weak hit of nair would go through?

Lightning kicks are brutal on Peach, but Peach is capable of making her spacing unpredictable better than others.

Peach's uair juggles Zelda pretty nicely, especially on big platforms like on Yoshi's Island.

I still think it's 60:40 - Peach. It's not impossible for Zelda to win, but she'll have an overall harder time in the match than Peach will.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
I learned some stuff from those matches.

Shield drop to upsmash is a good punishment for floating dairs.

Peach's usmash out-prioritizes Zelda's FW reappearance if timed correctly.

Recovering low with Peach is just asking for a sour spike gimp.

Zelda has a crappy throwing arm. >.>

Peach's nair/fair works fine in breaking through Din's, but I still don't know if the weak hit of nair would go through?

Lightning kicks are brutal on Peach, but Peach is capable of making her spacing unpredictable better than others.

Peach's uair juggles Zelda pretty nicely, especially on big platforms like on Yoshi's Island.

I still think it's 60:40 - Peach. It's not impossible for Zelda to win, but she'll have an overall harder time in the match than Peach will.
Hey Villi, as the meta-game progresses, a mcth-up list can change right? ^^

I need to prove Zelda beats Peach although i got ***** py Villi's Peach Woot! :3

Edit : Next Match-up coming up :p

Villi

Smash Lord
Hey Villi, as the meta-game progresses, a mcth-up list can change right? ^^

I need to prove Zelda beats Peach although i got ***** py Villi's Peach Woot! :3

Edit : Next Match-up coming up :p
I guess it could. I don't see any great new techniques with Zelda being discovered or anything. People can improve in skill... I got lots better at connecting with lightning kicks since the game came out, but I don't think it'll ever change that the other person needs to get put in a position to get hit by it.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
not to breakup the match up talk....but....ummm...how should I say this....

VILLI WTF IS WITH THAT AVATAR?!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
How can you say that -_-

Zelda kills Peach Air game, YEAH IT KILL A GOOD ZELDA WILL KILL A GOOD PEACH AIR GAME

Zelda's Ground Game is better, her moves come out faster that ground level aerials except Nair

Zelda cannot be edgeguarded so easily, you make it sound like Zelda is predictable as hell, laggy as hell, Peach can combo her like hell -_-

I would call it 60:40 Zelda or just 50:50 fro all of you -__-

:( *sigh*
Wrong. Played way to many Zeldas (and good ones) to agree with something like this.

Upclose Zelda does not kill her air game by much. I doubt you would din fire in my face. And what would Zelda do mostly? Upsmash. I bait that attack then clap her with a f-air. Her next option would be Nair. which I just wait for or interupt with a turnip. A good air game does well against Zelda. Peach just cant rush it. and when Peach is in the air, its all about baiting her smash attacks, then she is left a sitting duck.

Zelda ground game is not better. What aprroaches she was on the Ground. all she has is Din's fires. Peach is a good fighter on the ground. And her glide tosses is great. If Zelda wants to use Dins fire or spam it, I can just glide toss to get to you. It ***** din's fire. Peachs instant float also adds to her ground game. and great for spacing. I can FC>Back air, FC>Nair. Glide toss > w/e I want. even her pillar. These are all great things about her on the ground. Glide toss to Mess up Zelda and follow it up with something good.

And Peach is one of the best edgeguarders in this game. Zelda is not hard to edgeguard. If she tries to dins fire while returning, evade it and free hit for me. Turnips can get her good, and if she tries to land an up-B near me, I shield it then attack out my shield.

With Peach Zelda is all about baiting those Fsmash and Upsmashes. Since Zelda's rely on that for kills. Bait the moves and its done. Peach has many approaches. And good ones Zeldas are not that great. Peach can also edgeguard the hell out of you and even Zeldas Up-B can cost you.

Match up is ether ever or In Peach's Favor. Peach is a creative and mindgame type of character that can do so much. despite her nerfs, she is a solid character. and people who dont know this character fully are always in for a surprise.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Wrong. Played way to many Zeldas (and good ones) to agree with something like this.

Upclose Zelda does not kill her air game by much. I doubt you would din fire in my face. And what would Zelda do mostly? Upsmash. I bait that attack then clap her with a f-air. Her next option would be Nair. which I just wait for or interupt with a turnip. A good air game does well against Zelda. Peach just cant rush it. and when Peach is in the air, its all about baiting her smash attacks, then she is left a sitting duck.

Yeah, Peach air game is good :/ Bad for Zelda, for combos by Peach's Dair shield and Up-smash out of your shield and Peach is trapped in hit lag ^_^
You're forgeting about Uair :D

Zelda ground game is not better. What aprroaches she was on the Ground. all she has is Din's fires. Peach is a good fighter on the ground. And her glide tosses is great. If Zelda wants to use Dins fire or spam it, I can just glide toss to get to you. It ***** din's fire. Peachs instant float also adds to her ground game. and great for spacing. I can FC>Back air, FC>Nair. Glide toss > w/e I want. even her pillar. These are all great things about her on the ground. Glide toss to Mess up Zelda and follow it up with something good.

Zelda can sort of harass Peach with Din's Fire ^_^
Zelda's jab outranges and outspeeds any ground level or SH float level aerial except for nair that comes out very fast ^_^
Shield an incoming Glide Toss and punish unless the Peach cancels with jab, then shield-grab
Din's outprioritazes most turnips and covers Zelda herself, the ones that doesn't disappear are the dot and old ones :)
Spacing it's a yes when going backwards ;)
Shield or Dodge to mess up Peach and follow it up :D

And Peach is one of the best edgeguarders in this game. Zelda is not hard to edgeguard. If she tries to dins fire while returning, evade it and free hit for me. Turnips can get her good, and if she tries to land an up-B near me, I shield it then attack out my shield.

I know ^_^

A predictable Zelda is easy to edgeguard :/

Din's on returning is effective and dangerous at the same time :o

Farore's has very strong priority when almost disappearing, its priority goes up and up until she becomes invincible and teleports, you could only gimp her on start-up animation (unlikely but possible and effective since most Zeldas teleport from far away)

Up-B is also a mindgaming tool, you're gonna get hit if not careful, BUT it can be easily punished so :/

With Peach Zelda is all about baiting those Fsmash and Upsmashes. Since Zelda's rely on that for kills. Bait the moves and its done. Peach has many approaches. And good ones Zeldas are not that great. Peach can also edgeguard the hell out of you and even Zeldas Up-B can cost you.

With Zelda Peach is all about landing Lightning kicks on Peach and killing her at 60% :3 (Not so difficult due to Peach's head size XD) Bait Dairs to punish, make her float at ground level to d-tilt lock ;) and Dairing her to kill her at 0% with her not so good Parasol, although very good :D U-tilt kills at 80-90%, Uair kills from 50-??? (low ceiling and 70% normal one), Her grab starts killing Peach at 80% F-tilt with good DI until 120% D-smash close to the edges 110% Zelda has a lot of other moves to kill, F-smash and U-smash are damage rackers and can be used to kill at 150% when decayed

It's true Peach can edgeguard Zelda well, but not greatly.

Match up is ether ever or In Peach's Favor. Peach is a creative and mindgame type of character that can do so much. despite her nerfs, she is a solid character. and people who dont know this character fully are always in for a surprise.[

I myself use Peach T_T she's my secondary ^_^ Princess are <3 lol
And if you read my post before i already stated that the match-up was in Peach's favor (but i'm more inclined to think neutral :/ Oh well)
10princesses

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
By now, you should know that Zelda doesn't center her game around Din's Fire. Also, you're saying that the Peach can play a baiting game... yet it's like Zelda should fall for this all the time or something.

Regardless, why would Zelda want to throw out Din's when you have a turnip? Wouldn't they cancel out anyway? Hell, Zelda can just do a dash attack and catch the stupid thing. Or she can air-dodge and catch it. Or she can just hit it or shield it out of existence. I don't see how Peach can just rush in afterwards and punish Zelda. You would have to be glide tossing pretty close to be able to actually punish Zelda unless you hit her with the turnip anyway.

Not to mention, why does Zelda have to be trying to get damage while recovering? Any Zelda will get punished for warping onto her opponent or using Din's all the time. Why can't she just warp past Peach or warp on the edge? I'm pretty sure the reappearance animation clashes with a turnip anyway. All Peach has are turnips (which are only going to be effective vs. Zelda when Zelda isn't above the stage - there aren't too many moves that place Zelda in that position in the first place), floating out to actually edgeguard (warp past Peach or just warp into her here, depending on whether or not you can make it back - Peach will probably have to start up an attack at the right time and the right place to even be able to punish for this), and typical edgehogging (warp on the stage if possible, and at most, eat a weak ledge-attack). Zelda's Up B can cost her against anyone. So what? What makes this Up B any more punishable by Peach than anyone else?

Zelda doesn't have to rely on Fsmash and Usmash for kills. That's ridiculous. Everything that isn't jab, dtilt, nair, or dair can be kill moves for Zelda (the last two can kill anyway, but one is a meteor and the other is a high % killer). B-throw also kills. Her B-moves aren't meant for killing either, but they (Din's) can do it, much like Peach's B moves, save perhaps Peach Bomber (which isn't that great of a killing move in my opinion, though it does set up for a kill). Also, in terms of raw damage dealing moves, doesn't Zelda kill sooner than Peach in the first place? Pretty sure Zelda's Utilt kills earlier than just about all of Peach's ground moves, save *maybe* her Usmash, but I don't know how quickly the sweetspot kills this time around. I'll just chcek the Peach board and then do my own testing. Regardless, the point is that Zelda's killing options rival Peach's killing options. She trades what, a killing Dtilt and a better killing nair for a Dsmash that doesn't suck (I'm sorry, but it's just a minute damage racker now), a better killing throw, and overall earlier killing power.

I would go with even, but definitely not Peach's advantage.

I swear Raph.... I didn't even POINT them in the direction of this video.... sorrysorrysorry >.<
I guess we're becoming noticed!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If Zelda is about landing kicks, you are gonna have a hard time with that one. You wont easily land a Kick on Peach like that. Also Zelda cant harrash Peach with it. If I see a dins fire and I am in the air, I drop out my float and dodge. You try it while I am on the ground I just Glide toos to you and escape the blast. I do this all the time. or I can power shield it to a glide toss and abuse that lag you have.

Also name all the ways Zelda can aprroach. I wanna hear this?

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Power shield to glide toss? That must be some serious speed and distance you have there if you can punish Zelda's lag time after releasing Din's. (By serious distance, I mean that Zelda must be close.)

Do the turnips even fly that fast?

Anyway, approaching options for Zelda (note that I'm not saying they're all PERFECT, but that they're options nonetheless):

-dash attack

-running Usmash

- RAR

- airdodging towards Peach, if needed (takes care of turnips)

- flat out dashing at Peach

- SH-fair/bair/nair

- SH Din's, set to explode right in front of Zelda

- Farore's Wind

It's not that Zelda's approach game is non-existent. It's just that she lacks the speed to get at her opponent, and aside from nair, her aerials are too precise and focused... and telegraphed. Not a good approaching character, but what the hell, it's not like Zelda can't ever get near an opponent. If they camp, then you can try a little more Din's to punish whatever projectile they're probably using. If they're not camping... then that's most of Zelda's approaching issue gone right there.

Villi

Smash Lord
or I can power shield it to a glide toss and abuse that lag you have.

Also name all the ways Zelda can aprroach. I wanna hear this?
Ohh, good one. </peach>

Dash attack/grab. Shield dash to tilts/grab. Hyphen smash. RAR bair (haha I wish)

She can just space herself with air dodges until she's close enough to hit with a quick attack like a dtilt, dsmash, or hyphen smash and space away with backward short hopped/retreating b reversal Din's.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
If Zelda is about landing kicks, you are gonna have a hard time with that one. On definetely no ^_^ Zelda can RAR them or mindgame you into them :D
You wont easily land a Kick on Peach like that. Also Zelda cant harrash Peach with it. That's why i said sort of </3 If I see a dins fire and I am in the air, I drop out my float and dodge. That if you have time to do it ^^ (flag = drop float + lag) You try it while I am on the ground I just Glide toss to you and escape the blast. Or get hit by Din's aimed at the ground =D I do this all the time. or I can power shield it to a glide toss and abuse that lag you have. You have to be really close, but good one ;)

Also name all the ways Zelda can aprroach. I wanna hear this? Cannot help you here :laugh:
10rainbows

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Power shield to glide toss? That must be some serious speed and distance you have there if you can punish Zelda's lag time after releasing Din's. (By serious distance, I mean that Zelda must be close.)

Do the turnips even fly that fast?

Anyway, approaching options for Zelda (note that I'm not saying they're all PERFECT, but that they're options nonetheless):

-dash attack

-running Usmash

- RAR

- airdodging towards Peach, if needed (takes care of turnips)

- flat out dashing at Peach

- SH-fair/bair/nair

- SH Din's, set to explode right in front of Zelda

- Farore's Wind

It's not that Zelda's approach game is non-existent. It's just that she lacks the speed to get at her opponent, and aside from nair, her aerials are too precise and focused... and telegraphed. Not a good approaching character, but what the hell, it's not like Zelda can't ever get near an opponent. If they camp, then you can try a little more Din's to punish whatever projectile they're probably using. If they're not camping... then that's most of Zelda's approaching issue gone right there.
If I am not that far from you, a power shield glide toss will get the hit off you. If not, I'll just do it anyway and get close to you quick out of my shield in stead of jumping to you or letting it go and doing something else. Its a quick way to get close to Zelda and a good follow up.

And aprroaching is one of the most important things in this game. if you cant really approach someone, it will make the fight hard. Of if you dont have a very good one. The dast attacking one is foolish. You are asking for an easy shield grab. if anything Peach would win that Fight since her Dash attack have 2 hits and priority. and kick azz range. you air doge an turnip near me and you are left open for Peach to hit you.

These are all the ways Peach can approach someone.

- Fair
- FC>Fair
- Dair
- FC>Dair
- FC>Nair
- Turnip>Fair
- FC>Turnip>Fair
- Bair
- Glide tossing
- Nair

Advance approaches:

- Glide toss> FC>Nair
- Glide toss>reverse bair
- Glide toss>Nair
- Reverse Glide toss> Dsmash or Fsmash
- Reverse Glide toss> Bair

Peach wins this part of the battle. She can also edgeguard her well. And she is great with her spacing and becomes hard to hit. She is also great at pressuring the hell out of someone. He will eat more than have your shield. Also her priority on some of her attacks are great.

Ohh, good one. </peach>

Dash attack/grab. Shield dash to tilts/grab. Hyphen smash. RAR bair (haha I wish)

She can just space herself with air dodges until she's close enough to hit with a quick attack like a dtilt, dsmash, or hyphen smash and space away with backward short hopped/retreating b reversal Din's.
What?

Villi

Smash Lord
I agree that it's pretty hard to land a kick on Peach while she's spacing her attacks and keeping hit boxes out there that will outprioritize or just hit Zelda before she can get them out, but she can find opportunities to punish sidesteps, whiffs, and poor rolling decisions with a fair. Mind games happen, yo, and it's not good times for Peach being so light.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
I'm pretty sure that Zelda's dash comes out in front of her and Peachs's is jointed. Zelda's dash would always win. Also note this disclaimer:

I already acknowledged that they're not good approaches... but they ARE approaches, period.

Nobody in this thread will deny that Peach has a better approach, but honestly, why would a character who doesn't have a great approach game... approach someone who is also approaching? That's ridiculous.

As for priority overall... I don't see why Peach wins that. I *can't* see it. Show me, please.

Top Bottom