• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zenith 2012 - Apex 2013 Qualifier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I really hope I'm still around for this... seems unlikely though, but damn, I always enjoy Zenith.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
^ There will definitely be two spacies in the grand finals

If you want any more of Jersey's money, you gon have to learn falco lol.
i refuse was thinking of learning falco but now i want to beat him more then ever if i make it to this i better know the falco match up by then!

edit: fox is still a space animal :)

I'll be there

2 full setups with recording

Anyone from MD/NOVA want to get a carpool going?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I'll try to bring a vcr and a mobile dvr. For the mobile dvr, if I tell someone how to record with it (you should not just leave it recording all day) can they make sure everything is recorded? I will also need people to write their names down and what set it was at my recording setups. If you don't I won't be able to tell what each match was.

I'll also try to bring 4 gamecubes and 2 melee discs.

It is possible to leave a setup recording for hours. Just have a no friendlies sign in obvious plain sight. Then after the tournament when all the videos are uploaded, ask on the video title for people to name players. It's very possible for bracket tournaments (I've never tried this on pools). There will be a few friendlies that slip in and a few sets whose players never get named. It still works well enough

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Yeah, I know I can leave it recording for hours. Constant recording is fine with the vcr. The mobile dvr doesn't like recording for really long periods of time, though. The sign sounds like a nice idea.

Scar

#HarveyDent
would be awesome to see pre-registration or something, i could potentially get a nice headcount from west coast if we knew lots of people were coming out

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'll look into making it happen.

We're not going to do a paid registration I believe, but we can prob make a form for interest, etc.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
When pre-registration does not require any financial backing, it's not a smart idea to do so. There's no telling who does and doesn't come from that list, and who comes that isn't on it. They would likely have to be completely remade the day of, just making extra work from doing it, and many people being dissapointed from having different pools the day of. All we can do from a prereg list would be working on the beginning of seeding on our end, like compiling lists of people from each region, rough skill, etc.

GOTM

Smash Champion
so just out of curiosity, if you were to measure the leanness of the melee at this tournament, what would the level be? i really wanna go, but i'm not trying to go to a fat melee tournament. this better be pretty ****ing lean or you could forget about it

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
A form for interest would be fine, I had an "interest" list posted in the thread last year. But yeah, basically everything Chibo said.

I'm still not done updating this thread including a logo/social media/hotels and I will add the interest list as well. Stayed tuned. Updates have been slow due to me being sick [constantly] and IRL busy. >_>

But if anyone has any questions you can PM me or chat me on aim.

Scar

#HarveyDent
yeah prob too early for paid registration just yet, but a legitimate headcount, at least re: regions that would show.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I did an unpaid pre-registration for The Big House and our final numbers were 145 people pre-registered, 115 who actually showed up. So yeah, definitely a difference, but it still helped a lot in terms of making tentative pools, entering players into tio beforehand, and only having to get their money on tourney day.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
We will talk about it but I think the group would not mind a list of interested people and , with all the people I talked to, it would get some general hype. I think Zenith should be something great for the East Coast. Think about it.

Pro Stream
Great place to get food ( in the venue aka not leaving )
Lot's of setups

Interviews are something I am going to try to do this year.

It will be the best thing happening to the EC for melee no doubts about it.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Have you guys thought about entering these results in the ELO database that guy from the WC had started?

I'm not saying it's the best one available, but the whole point to this is that we only have one, and I think it would be huge for the community to have a consistent singular ELO list.

unknown522

Some guy
chances are pretty close to zero that toronto is going.

There are no busses I can find to get there (megabus especially).

Also, no ride

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Unknown - you can take it to NYC and we can get you a ride/help getting there.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i'll also need help in getting to this. Doubt I'll be able to fly; Megabussin it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom