• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zoroark for Smash 4: Deconfirmed... or is it an illusion?

Are you a Zoroark supporter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Zoroark could be a very different character from Mewtwo and Lucario (who should both appear in SSB4).

he could focus on speed, with not so much strength and with a medium weight (similar to Lucario). his illusion abilities and Dark-type in general could make him more of a trickster type of fighter, with moves to confuse the foes, such as invisible traps, illusion attacks and prankster type moves such as stealing items or put the foes on a dizzy state.

I think that in Smash, the movesets (mostly) reflect what the character is...
it's no wonder that Bowser and Ganon are of the heavy sluggish type, while Captain Falcon and Sonic are more speedy characters, because it reflects their origins and personalities from the source games.

D

Deleted member

There's no question that Zoroark can be different from Mewtwo and Lucario.
Neither of them have claws. :laugh:

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Yet another argument is the fact that his signature ability of copying people is almost impossible to implement. Zoroark just uses illusions to -appear- as who he wants to, he doesn't gain their powers. If he randomly shows up as somebody else when the match starts that'd be very awkward and would be done away with shortly after the match starts. If he can do it on demand, what's the point? Everybody will see him doing it. He's a mediocre and forgettable Pokemon without this ability, hopelessly outclassed by others. Why not just add Krookodile or some other token bad-ass Pokemon rep, when you're taking away the only thing that makes him remotely unique?
I really do not see it as that difficult to implement Illusion. It's only an aesthetic transformation, but that allows Zoroark to copy stats and - because moves have never really transferred exactly from Pokemon to Smash - possibly attacks. Or he can keep his own attacks with altered hitboxes. Is that out of the question?

Illusion: Zoroark randomly changes into another character. Has the animations of the character's attacks and movements but keeps attack, weight, KO, speed properties of Zoroark.
*If more than one opponent, Zoroak turns into one of the characters on screen.
This could work too, although I personally think it would make more sense and allow more variety for Zoroark to get the weight/speed/other stats of whoever he's copying.

D

Deleted member

Why do people assume that the Illusions have to focus soley on characters?

I mean, the anime showed Zoroark faking attacks and locations as well.
So what I propose is that Zoroark uses some attacks that look like they have more range than they do (being Illusions), so that opponents try to counter or dodge prematurely, then Zoroark can punish them for being "jumpy".
Zoroark with a deceptive style of fighting would suit her very well.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Why do people assume that the Illusions have to focus soley on characters?

I mean, the anime showed Zoroark faking attacks and locations as well.
So what I propose is that Zoroark uses some attacks that look like they have more range than they do (being Illusions), so that opponents try to counter or dodge prematurely, then Zoroark can punish them for being "jumpy".
Zoroark with a deceptive style of fighting would suit her very well.
*internet highfive*

You sir are a saint. Was just about to post this.
I'll be damned if a character with so much moveset potential gets stuck with some lame copy gimmick. No thank you.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I always pictured Zoroark jumping and moving like Wolf but on all fours and even more feral. She has a very fast dashing speed, rolling speed, and can crawl. I would love to see Zoroark have a mind-game/deceptive play style that is centered around her Illusion ability. Kind of like what GoldenY said, it doesn't have to be limited to copying characters.

She could possible cast an Illusion that she is there and then, when the Illusion is hit, she appears behind the opponent. Or even casting an Illusion of her jumping up and down or taunting excessively in order to distract the opponent while she is setting up for an attack. Not sure if she would be slightly invisible or visible during this time but it would be interesting.

I know people are throwing this saying around a lot but I have faith that Sakurai and Namco can work together to make this work.

D

Deleted member

I agree. People say that Zoroark is considered "nobody" at this point, but Sakurai likes to look for unique playstyles and features, and of the 5th Gen candidates, Zoroark has the most unique if done properly.

D

Deleted member

Hmm, so it appears that Smash 4 has finally gotten a forum to itself, but I've already said my peace on characters in the Smash Bros. 4 thread that was once on and I don't have much else to say for now. I will make three posts before I return to my hiatus from Smash 4 discussion (which I will leave from once we get a trailer, whenever that'll be). This will be the first one.

I honestly hate Zoroark. Not a fan of his design at all, can't say I'm interested in what he does (I will only possibly play as him IF his Illusion ability was implemented canonically, which I can't see), and the thoughts of three humanoid Pokemon just gives me a taste of blandness. Personally, if I were to decide the roster (which I'm kind of glad I'm not, considering that I'm not the best judge), I would just keep Pokemon's Brawl's roster, add Mewtwo, and call it a day. However, I am not Sakurai and I do realize that if a 5th gen were to be chosen (I see it going either way; 5th or 6th gen), he would probably be the choice, even though I would much rather have Genesect, Meloetta, Scrafty, Bisharp, and Victini over them (in order from OMG DO WANT! to neutral).

Now I would spend a ton of time trying to deflect support for Zoroark for SSB4 and thrashing this thread, but that ultimately will accomplish nothing but established me as a butthurt hater who can't respect dissenting opinions, which is the last thing I want to be known for. So I'll leave this thread alone to carry on with discussion. If I am to ever debate Zoroark's likelihood, it will be outside of this thread. The least I can say for him is this; if he gets in, good for the supporters. :)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I do have to ask all you supports. Who will he get in? She doesn't seem all that popular here or in Japan (ranked bad on that poll). People expect her more than anything. Am I wrong?

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping that the new Pokemon representative (If there is one) is something completely out of the blue instead of just someone expected. Imagine if Sakurai just chose a popular Pokemon like Chandelure or Golurk or Scizor or Joltik(!) and went to town creating a fun and creative moveset.

D

Deleted member

I do have to ask all you supports. Who will he get in? She doesn't seem all that popular here or in Japan (ranked bad on that poll). People expect her more than anything. Am I wrong?
Ranked bad on what poll?
The only poll I know of that Zoroark's been on is the Unova Pokemon poll where Zoroark tied for 15th, IIRC, and Victini tied for 16th.

If we go by which 5th Gen is popular, then we should be expecting a certain ghost lamp...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A bit off topic, but wish Chandelure made it considering it's my favorite of the fifth generation...

But that's not exactly feasible to Sakurai, I'm guessing.

Any way, I'm just taking a guess, but is that last recolor based on the Shiny version, MSG? I could be wrong, I've only seen a shiny Zoroark, like, once.

D

Deleted member

I don't see why Chandelure wouldn't be feasible other than it floating.

I mean, I've seen it moving it's "curled ends" as if they were arms.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't mean to interrupt, but I suggest that you talk about Chandelure somewhere else.

Anyway, to answer your question Opossum, the last Zoroark recolor is supposed to be based on its shiny coloration. You can find a sprite of a shiny Zoroark here, as a small reference.

Airik

Smash Rookie
I have no problem with Mewtwo, Lucario and Zoroark being in the next smash, but given how Nintendo treats us lately, I would expect a minimal amount of characters from each game. Seeing as Pokemon already has 4, (which is max if you consider that dk, diddy, wario and yoshi each have their own symbol and arent classified as Mario characters in brawl) I wouldn't expect a 5th character for the pokemon roster. So that leads me to believe that they will want to update characters which means Lucario will be replaced with a 5th gen Pokemon, more than likely Zoroark who would fit the smash environment perfectly. I simply see it as Nintendo updating the line of characters, and Zoroark seems like a good choice because its actually built like a humanoid fighter. Pikachu and Jigglypuff already take up the imp-like spaces so a 3rd space given to Victini seems unlikely. As for his attacks, I have to agree, something like his moves seeming to stretch farther than they really do gives a new sense of action to the game, but over time players could get used to the dimensions of his actual hitbox. But it is a way better idea than some cheap copy gimmick :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Sakurai still counts them, despite having symbols.
Evidence:
1. On the pre-Melee polls, Wario was listed as a Mario character, despite having the Wario Land series.
2. Melee's Event Match "All-Star Match 1", which is described as fighting the starter Mario All-Stars (meaning, not Luigi or Dr. Mario). Yoshi and DK are included here.
3. In Brawl, there are Stickers that effect characters from a particular series. All Stickers that work for strictly Mario characters (as in, with the Mushroom symbol) work for Yoshi as well.

So at the very least, DK, Wario, and Yoshi are still "Mario" characters even with their different symbols. Diddy is most likely excluded for debuting in the Donkey Kong Country series.

Also, Sakurai counts Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and the Trainer's Pokemon seperately, as in his eyes, there are 39 characters.
So what does this mean?
Mario has 7: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, DK, Wario. 8 if Diddy counts for being part of the extended Mario universe.
Pokemon has 6: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Lucario.
and if you want to throw in the other "4 character" series,
Zelda has 5: Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link.

What is the point of this? 4 is not the "maximum". Especially when you factor in Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Plusle & Minun, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda, and Toon Sheik, who were planned for the game.
If things went without a hitch, Mario would have had 8-10, depending if Diddy/Dixie counted, Pokemon would have had 8, and Zelda would have had 7.

Airik

Smash Rookie
I wasn't going by that assumption though, I was going strictly by the number of character icons on the final developed version of the Brawl game. If you count it that way, then yes 4 is THE maximum number of characters from any one series, with individual symbols. I only assume that the developers for whatever reason decided to leave out those other characters that were planned in the interests of time and other certain deadlines I'm sure, which will more than likely be repeated. Bowser was originally intended to be in the first Smash, but plainly he is not. And I'm not saying that 4 is the magical max number, but it is the max number of characters presented to us by the developers of the game itself. I wish it weren't that way but Nintendo has seen fit to deem it that way. So in my opinion that means one of 2 things; either the max number will stay at 4 and Pokemon will have to make adjustments to its roster, or Nintendo will up the max number of characters and be able to add new ones without taking our old characters away. But in a a perfect smash world, yes I would very much like to see Mewtwo, Lucario and Zoroark :lick:

D

Deleted member

First you say that you don't feel that 4 is the magical max number, then go on off as it was.
You're going off more of an assumption than I am, since I'm going by what Sakurai has stated and shown.

Especially since the highest number we have had is 5 in Melee, so the "4 is max" is already moot. :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai still counts them, despite having symbols.
Evidence:
1. On the pre-Melee polls, Wario was listed as a Mario character, despite having the Wario Land series.
2. Melee's Event Match "All-Star Match 1", which is described as fighting the starter Mario All-Stars (meaning, not Luigi or Dr. Mario). Yoshi and DK are included here.
3. In Brawl, there are Stickers that effect characters from a particular series. All Stickers that work for strictly Mario characters (as in, with the Mushroom symbol) work for Yoshi as well.

So at the very least, DK, Wario, and Yoshi are still "Mario" characters even with their different symbols. Diddy is most likely excluded for debuting in the Donkey Kong Country series.

Also, Sakurai counts Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and the Trainer's Pokemon seperately, as in his eyes, there are 39 characters.
So what does this mean?
Mario has 7: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, DK, Wario. 8 if Diddy counts for being part of the extended Mario universe.
Pokemon has 6: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Lucario.
and if you want to throw in the other "4 character" series,
Zelda has 5: Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link.

What is the point of this? 4 is not the "maximum". Especially when you factor in Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Plusle & Minun, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda, and Toon Sheik, who were planned for the game.
If things went without a hitch, Mario would have had 8-10, depending if Diddy/Dixie counted, Pokemon would have had 8, and Zelda would have had 7.
a valid point, indeed. I don't know where people got the idea of a maximum of 4 characters per franchise.

and Mewtwo was planned for Brawl, so he would've appeared alongside Lucario, if not for time constraints. and they can make Pikachu, Mewtwo, Pokémon Trainer, Lucario and Jigglypuff appear in the same game and add Zoroark. it's not out of question.

Airik

Smash Rookie
You both seem to missing my point. I'm not going by someone elses claims, I'm going by a fact presented to us by the official game that everyone owns. There are only 4 characters on the select screen who make use of the mushroom kingdom symbol and the Pokemon symbol. By that logic and fact, there are only 4 max characters from a series. And yes donkey kong may have happened to make one appearance in a melee Allstar mode match, but he is his own franchise anyway. And that point aside, I'm talking about brawl. In the brawl game there is a maximum of 4 characters from any series on the screen. That doesn't mean that they're aren't characters that appear from the series that are in or playable in the game. Obviously Pokemon trainer is a 3 in 1 deal, but it still is only one character. I am only giving support to the fact Nintendo chose to put only 4 pokemon characters in the game rather than add mewtwo in as well. This is because they are a company and have to make money saving choices and that meant no mewtwo whether he was meant to be in the game or not. So in the official brawl game there are only 4 characters. I wish it wasn't this way. I wish Nintendo would give the community a great game where we could pick any of the pokemon from any gen but how plausible is that? Not very. Just as Nintendo will more than likely only be offering us a choice of 4 pokemon in the next game, or upping the ante a bit and giving us a possible 5 or 6 characters from a single franchise. That's my two cents no matter how you choose to misinterpret it.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Yeah, how you interperet the game vs. what the EFFING CREATOR OF SAID GAME SAYS is a misinterpretation on our part.

Seriously. Do you NOT know who Sakurai is?

Sakurai is the one who calls the shots in Smash, not Nintendo as a whole.
You know why? Because Masahiro Sakurai is the HEAD DEVELOPER OF THE SERIES.
He says there's 39 characters in Brawl? There are 39 characters in Brawl. It may not be the way we interpret characters, but we cannot argue with what Sakurai has said.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You both seem to missing my point. I'm not going by someone elses claims, I'm going by a fact presented to us by the official game that everyone owns. There are only 4 characters on the select screen who make use of the mushroom kingdom symbol and the Pokemon symbol. By that logic and fact, there are only 4 max characters from a series. And yes donkey kong may have happened to make one appearance in a melee Allstar mode match, but he is his own franchise anyway. And that point aside, I'm talking about brawl. In the brawl game there is a maximum of 4 characters from any series on the screen. That doesn't mean that they're aren't characters that appear from the series that are in or playable in the game. Obviously Pokemon trainer is a 3 in 1 deal, but it still is only one character. I am only giving support to the fact Nintendo chose to put only 4 pokemon characters in the game rather than add mewtwo in as well. This is because they are a company and have to make money saving choices and that meant no mewtwo whether he was meant to be in the game or not. So in the official brawl game there are only 4 characters. I wish it wasn't this way. I wish Nintendo would give the community a great game where we could pick any of the pokemon from any gen but how plausible is that? Not very. Just as Nintendo will more than likely only be offering us a choice of 4 pokemon in the next game, or upping the ante a bit and giving us a possible 5 or 6 characters from a single franchise. That's my two cents no matter how you choose to misinterpret it.

I never recalled a rule for 4 characters per franchise (assuming DK, Yoshi and Wario as separate series). in fact, in Melee we had FIVE characters representing the Mario series (with the Mushroom icon): Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach and Dr. Mario.

that added to GoldenYuiitusin's point, being you can't argue with Sakurai's word, makes your argument null and void.

Airik

Smash Rookie
Why are you guys making this so difficult :urg:

Brawl- the max number of characters on THE CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN is 4. Yes I am well aware that there are 39 playable characters, even though there are only 35 icons on the select screen.

Melee- yes there are 5 characters who appear from the mario franchise that bear the mushroom kingdom symbol (hint: this means the max number of characters from a particular franchise in that games character select screen is 5)

I'm not trying to make this difficult guys, its a simple opinion based on an observable fact. And its because I have never seen or heard anywhere that Sakurai himself has said otherwise (any proof of this would be appreciated :p) . yes mewtwo was in development and should have been included in the game which would in theory have raised the maximum limit on the character select screen in brawl to 5, equal to that of melee. but mewtwo was cut, and he is not in the game which means the point remains, the maximum number of franchise characters on the character select screen in brawl only is 4. I never said that doesnt mean there arent 6 pokemon characters available to fight as. and i never said that 4 maximum characters is a rule, I based an opinion on a fact that I observed. That observation was this: In the game Smash bros. Brawl, on the character select screen, there are only 4 characters from any one franchise that share the same symbol. and in the game Smash bros. Melee, there are 5 characters who share the same symbol on the character select screen. however given that brawl is the newest incarnation of smash bros. based on those observations, I assumed that the next game will have either a maximum of 4 characters per franchise on the character select screen, thus zoroark will replace lucario, OR nintendo will up the max number to 5 or possibly even 6 depending on how generous they feel and what constraints they may run into this time, which could result in us keeping lucario and gaining Zoroark and possibly even adding mewtwo back into the fray.

My wish is that Nintendo will listen to the players and put in a wide array of characters, regardless of what the max number is on the select screen.

D

Deleted member

Observation is not fact.

Just because you OBSERVE 4 slots doesn't mean that 4 slots is by any stretch of means, the "set limit".

And now you're trying to justify that there was a "limit" in Melee and it was 5 JUST BECAUSE there were 5 characters with a certain symbol?
You honestly don't know how this works, do you? There is no bloody "limit" and characters don't have to be scrapped just to meet some arbitrary limit.
The sooner you realize that, the sooner you will stop making walls of text trying to make a point for a false assumption.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Airik, GoldenYuiitusin, & Frostwraith: I suggest that you take your debate somewhere else, as this really isn't the place to discuss such matters.

Airik

Smash Rookie
Observation is not fact.

Just because you OBSERVE 4 slots doesn't mean that 4 slots is by any stretch of means, the "set limit".

And now you're trying to justify that there was a "limit" in Melee and it was 5 JUST BECAUSE there were 5 characters with a certain symbol?
You honestly don't know how this works, do you? There is no bloody "limit" and characters don't have to be scrapped just to meet some arbitrary limit.
The sooner you realize that, the sooner you will stop making walls of text trying to make a point for a false assumption.
I think you don't understand the mechanics of time itself. Melee and brawl are both finished games. That means there will no longer be any characters added to, or taken away from the roster of each respective game. No more characters, no dlc, no anything of the sort. The games are COMPLETE. I said that for melee 5 is the maximum number of characters having any same symbol on the character select screen, and for brawl it is 4. Nothing will ever change this, so it is a fact and an observation. And I never said that 4 is a limit of any kind, its simply a cap. There is no limit on how many characters Nintendo can put in their game, I hope they put tons.

I don't wish to upset Mario and sonic guy, so I'm just going to leave it at that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's my old Zoroark moveset concept, which I did up over a year ago...

[collapse=Moveset]--------------------
Statistics

Offensive Strength: 6/10
Defensive Strength: 6/10
Ground Speed: 7/10
Running Speed: 8/10
Jump Height: 6/10
Mid-air Jump Height: 6/10
Air Speed: 7/10
Falling Speed: 4/10
Recovery: 7/10
Weight: 19/28

Projectile: Yes
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: No
Crawl: Yes
--------------------
Overview

Zoroark is a fighter with relatively balanced attributes. Its offense and defense are at average levels, but it excels in the speed department. In fact, its best stat is its running speed, which almost rivals that of Zero Suit Samus. Zoroark is also moderately heavy, and has access to a projectile move. While it's not the greatest jumper, Zoroark's jumping abilities are still at an average level, and its air speed is pretty good too. However, it's a fairly slow faller, which does make it easy for opponents to vertically KO it. Fortunately, it's not an easy target to KO horizontally, since its recovery is at good levels. Zoroark has the ability to do wall jumps, and it can crawl, but it can't cling onto walls.

Some of Zoroark's attacks have darkness effects, which is especially noticable with its special moves.

Overall, Zoroark doesn't have any super high pros, nor does it have any serious weaknesses.
--------------------
Standard Ground Attacks

n-tilt: Zoroark does a basic scratch attack with its left claw. The attack does 2%-4% damage, and its knockback is set to be very weak. The attack is not capable of making KOs.

n-tilt x2: Zoroark does a basic scratch attack with its right claw. The attack does 2%-4% damage, and its knockback is dependent on the target's damage. It's not until the target has over 200% damage in which this attack can make KOs.

f-tilt: Zoroark does a strong slash attack with both of its claws. The attack deals two hits, with each one dealing 4%-6% damage. The second hit has decent knockback.

u-tilt: Zoroark does a headbutt with its head. The attack has vertical knockback, does 4%-6% damage, and its knockback is fairly low.

d-tilt: Zoroark will do a low angled claw swipe. The attack does 5%-7% damage, and its knockback is fairly low.

dash: Zoroark slashes with both of its claws while running. The attack has vertical knockback, does 7%-9% damage, and has decent knockback.
--------------------
Smash Attacks

f-smash: Zoroark executes Night Slash, which has darkness effects. The attack is fairly fast in execution, and has decent range. When uncharged, the attack does 11%-13% damage. When fully charged, the attack does 19%-21% damage. Its knockback is rather strong, which makes it an effective move for making KOs.

u-smash: Zoroark will execute a vertical Night Slash. It'll move its right claw back, and then strike with a powerful uppercut. The attack has darkness effects, but is a tad slower than the f-smash. When uncharged, the attack does 10%-12% damage. When fully charged, the attack does 18%-21% damage. Its knockback is rather strong, and sends the target flying vertically.

d-smash: Zoroark will use Hidden Power to push back opponents. The attack is a bit slow in execution, and it has no vertical distance. When uncharged, the attack does 10%-12% damage. When fully charged, the attack does 17%-20% damage. Its knockback is low-angled, but it is weaker than the other smash attacks.
--------------------
Aerial Attacks

n-air: Zoroark curls itself up to resemble a ball, and spins. If it hits anyone upon execution, the attack does 8%-10% damage, and have decent horizontal knockback. At any other time though, the attack will only do 2%-4% damage, and will have poor knockback. The move is quick in execution.

f-air: Zoroark does an aerial slash attack with its left claw. The attack does 9%-12% damage, and its knockback is fairly strong.

b-air: Zoroark does a reverse slash attack with its right claw. The attack does 7%-10% damage, but it's slightly weaker than the f-air in terms of knockback.

u-air: Zoroark does an aerial headbutt. The attack delivers vertical knockback, and does 7%-9% damage, but it's the weakest aerial move in Zoroark's arsenal.

d-air: Zoroark forcefully moves both of its arms downward in an attempt to hammer targets below it. The attack has meteor smash properties, does 8%-10% damage, and has decent knockback.
--------------------
Grabs & Throws

grab: Zoroark will use its claws in an attempt to hold an opponent.

dash grab: While running, Zoroark will attempt to use its claws to grab an opponent.

pummel: Zoroark will bite the target. Attack does 2%-4% damage.

f-throw: Zoroark slashes the grabbed opponent forward with its claws. The attack does 7%-10% damage, and has decent knockback.

b-throw: Zoroark flings the grabbed opponent behind it. The attack does 5%-7% damage, and its knockback is ususually high.

u-throw: Zoroark throws the grabbed opponent upwards and slashes him/her with its claws. The attack does 7%-10% damage, and has vertical knockback.

d-throw: Zoroark slams the grabbed opponent to the ground to inflict damage. The attack does 4%-6% damage, and its knockback is fairly low.
--------------------
Special Attacks

standard; Dark Pulse: Zoroark fires a dark aura blast, damaging those in its path. Hold the special button to charge it up; release to fire; if fully charged, the attack will be released automatically. At its weakest, the attack only does 4%-6% damage with little knockback. At its strongest, the attack does 23%-26% damage, with very strong knockback.

side; Faint Attack: Zoroark disappears and makes illusions of itself to throw off the opponent. It then attacks for real. The attack does 6%-9% damage, and its knockback is fairly low.

up; Agility: Zoroark will move at high speeds in an attempt to recover. It does up to two warps of Agility, but the move doesn't damage opponents.

down; Foul Play: Zoroark stands its ground, waiting for its target to attack it directly. When hit, Zoroark will disappear and then reappear with a counterattack. The amount of damage that this move does is 1.2x the damage that Zoroark would've received, and its knockback also depends of the evaded attack's power.
--------------------
Final Smash

Night Daze: Zoroark will unleash a powerful blast of dark energy, damaging anyone in its path. The attack's range is large, but it is more effective if the targets are real close to Zoroark. If used at close range, the attack has KO potential, but not from a distance. Damage can range from a minimum of 5% damage, to a maximum of 35% damage.
--------------------
Recovery Attacks

Ledge Recover <100% damage: Zoroark does a quick low sweep attack to push back opponents. The attack does 4%-6% damage, and has low knockback.

Ledge Recover 100%+ damage: Zoroark does a weak slash to damage opponents. The attack does 5%-8% damage, and has low knockback.

Floor Recover Front: Zoroark spins its body to push back opponents. The attack does 4%-6% damage, and has low knockback.

Floor Recover Back: Zoroark does a slash around itself to push back opponents. The attack does 4%-7% damage, and has low knockback.
--------------------[/collapse]

9Destra

Smash Rookie
To quote one of the threads I started about Zoroark being in SSB4, I had a different moveset in mind from yours Mario_and_Sonic_Guy.

"I'm not the only one who thinks Zoroark should be in SSB4, so if you hate on this, at least post your friend code so that I can use Kirby to, literally, beat the crap out of your favorite character in a Wi-Fi match. So, don't hate on this, unless you want to have Kirby saying "Hi" permanently scarred inside your memory. And even if you don't have Brawl, I'll FIND a way to roast you on this thread myself. On a brighter note, I have a Zoroark in my Pokemon White version (I evolved a Zorua), which made coming up with ideas for Zoroark's in-game moveset a lot easier for me. So, here is her moveset and attributes: (The Zoroark featured in Pokemon Movie 13, Zoroark: Master of Ilusion is FEMALE)

Basic Attributes:

Slightly laggy side smash attack
Fast dash speed, but very slow walking speed
Medium fall-speed.
Slower ground dodges, about the same speed as Kirby's ground dodges.
Air dodging makes her translucent. (This was only way I could think of to incorporate her illusion ability)

Ground Attacks:

Basic Attack: Zoroark slashes once, then again with the other hand, then attacks with both hands. The third attack has a darkness effect.

Side Tilt: Zoroark delivers a single punch with a slight horizontal knockback.

Down Tilt: Zoroark delivers a low-slash in front of her. This attack has a 25% chance of tripping enemies.

Up Tilt: Zoroark uses both hands to claw above her in sync.

Dash Attack: Zoroark holds out her claws and flips twice. The seconds flip can launch the foe.

Smash Attacks:

Side Smash: A purple aura covers Zoroark's hands as she strikes the ground. Upon hitting the ground, a blast of dark energy appears in front of her. The closer the enemy is to the point where Zoroark hit the ground, the greater the damage and knockback. While charging this attack, Zoroark will hold her hands above her head while facing the desired direction. This attack has a darkness effect and will also lightly hit enemies behind her.

Down Smash: A purple aura covers Zoroark's hands and she strikes the ground directly below herself. A blast of dark energy appears on either side of Zoroark. The closer the enemy is to Zoroark, the greater the knockback and damage. While charging, Zoroark holds her hands above her head while facing tthe audience of away from them, depending on the direction she was facing before starting this attack. This attack has a darkness effect.

Up Smash: Zoroark get on her hands, pushes off and delivers a flip-kick above her. This attack will also slightly damage enemies behind her. The farther away the enemy is from Zoroark, the greater the damage and knockback.

Specials:

Neutral Special: Dark Pulse; Zoroark fires a flurry of dark-purple rings, just like Dark Pulse is seen in anime. Each ring dissappears at different distances depending on how long you hold the attack. This attack functions similarly as Charizard's flamethrower. By default, this move is aimed horizontally and has greater range than Charizard's flamethrower. However, it dissapears when it hits an obstacle such as a wall.This move has a darkness effect.

Side Special: Night Slash; Zoroark delivers a blurred-out slash very quickly. If the "B" button is pressed after the initial attack, Zoroark can slash again, with much greater knockback than the first attack. The second slash has a darkness effect.

Down Special: Sucker Punch; Functions the same way as Lucario's down special, but has a significantly reduced ending lag. Except, instead of disappearing, Zoroark, instead, quickly rushes directly into her opponent, however projectiles will stil damage her. This attack cannot be dodged if Zoroark is attacked while she is preparing the attack, but has no knockback at all and does very little damage. This attack has a darkness effect.

Up Special: Bounce; Zoroark leaps into the air, then slams into the ground. If an opponent is hit while she is rising, they will be launched to the exact point where she will start her descend. Upon landing with her opponent, there will be medium-level knockback. The exact path she will take can be influenced with the control stick. Also, if she misses the stage and all opponents entirely, it will result in an SD. If she hits someone during the ascend, but still misses the stage, her opponent will be KOd, but Zoroark's fall will be counted as though her victim KOd her, doing absolutely nothing in a Time-Match.
Final Smash: Night Daze; Her evolution chain's signiture move. A huge purple aura covers her entire body, then she unleashes a storm of dark energy in both directions that covers the ground. She holds this for a efw seconds, then any enemy caught in the maelstrom will be launched far. This move fails if it is not used on the ground.

Aerials:

Air: Zoroark holds her claws out and flips once. This move has little knockback until about 135%. This attack does the same amount of damage no matter where in the attack's range her opponent is. This move has little lag if she lands while performing it.

B-Air: Zoroark kicks behind herself, then spins back to her normal air position. The farther the enemy is from Zoroark, the greater the damage and knockback. This attack also has a darkness effect and a split-second landing-lag. (happens when a character lands during an air attack)

F-Air: Zoroark claws in front of herself twice, the second strike launching the foe. Has no landing-lag

U-Air: Zoroark flips causing her braid to hit anyone above her. Very little damage and knockback, but insanely fast, as there is almost no ending lag at all. But has a significant amount of landing-lag.

D-Air: Zoroark kicks below herself with one leg. This attack is quite laggy, but makes for an excellent meteor smash. It trips an opponent on the ground. This move has a darkness effect and signficant landing-lag.

Taunt/Victory Pose: (even though I only have an idea for one taunt/victory pose, I STILL KNOW THERE ARE 3 TAUNTS AND 3 VICTORY POSES)

Zoroark holds out one hand in front of her, raises her claws, then uses her teeth to sharpen the claws on both of her hands. Can also he called "Hone Claws" its a move that raises attack and accuracy. (Gotta love One-Hit KO moves in Pokemon now) In Smash Bros. this taunt has no actual battle effect.

So, if you have comments questions, concerns, please post them AFTER READING THE ENTIRE POST. I want to know if the ideas I had for her moveset was balanced, so please post opinions with your comment. By the way, I wasn't bluffing when I said I would use Kirby to beat the crap out of your favorite character in a Wi-Fi match. "

Comments on the post, I guess people beat me to these character picks, I've got be faster, lol.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
About your moveset, MSG, do you mean Zoroark does Agility twice before being helpless?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay. I wasn't sure what you meant for a second. About how far upwards does one warp of Agility go? I'm just curious about what the maximum recovery height for Zoroark is.

EDIT: Off topic, but Whoo! I'm a lord now
and can now be eligible for a Smash Fire Emblem character :troll:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Okay. I wasn't sure what you meant for a second. About how far upwards does one warp of Agility go? I'm just curious about what the maximum recovery height for Zoroark is.[/spoiler]
Well again it's an old moveset, so it's not like I'd be able to cover all the more detailed stuff. But I'd probably say that the Agility range would be similar to that of Pichu's, but without the damage penalty.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah, I see. Thanks, MaSG. I see what you're saying now.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
On a new topic of sorts, what would Zoroark's role in the hypothetical SSE successor be? Would she be a villian or a hero?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
On a new topic of sorts, what would Zoroark's role in the hypothetical SSE successor be? Would she be a villian or a hero?

The answer is yes. :troll:

I honestly don't know, maybe she could be like Dedede, where everyone thinks she's a villain until later.

D

Deleted member

I say neutral to start, as Zoroark is typically a territorial creature.

It starts out by attacking anyone who comes near it's den. After it sees that it's home has been threatened/destroyed, it teams up with the heroes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Perhaps, similar to the movie, someone kidnaps an NPC Zorua, and because she is looking for it, she relentlessly attacks others. When the others tell her what happens, she joins them to try to save her offspring.

It could be something like that, I guess.

EDIT: I like Golden's better. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom