• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zoroark for Smash 4: Deconfirmed... or is it an illusion?

Are you a Zoroark supporter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Based on my Adventure Mode plot, I portrayed Zoroark as a hero-type character.

Zoroark would first appear as an illusion of Ganondorf, following Link and Zelda at a forest. While Link fends off the enemies, Zoroark snatches Zelda in an attempt to get her out of danger. Link mistakes Zoroark for the real Ganondorf and gives chase.

Once Link catches up to Zoroark, he prepares to attack, but Zoroark releases Zelda, and reveals to Link that it was only pretending to be Ganondorf to fool the enemies. Zoroark manages to calm down Link, and the three briefly work together. However, the real Ganondorf would eventually get hold of Zelda, and escape with her.

Afterwards, Zoroark and Link decide to stick together for most of the story. Along the way, they'll eventually join forces with Ike, followed by Mario, Fox, and Pit.

On a side note, this Zoroark has a masculine voice, which goes with the 87.5:12.5 gender ratio that it has in the RPGs.

D

Deleted member

I know I said I would never come back to post here, but I have a theory here.

Black and White 2 have made Lucario and Zoroark as rivals in the game and in the promotion. I am going to say that if we do get a 5th gen newcomer that Zoroark and Lucario are mutually beneficial to each other.

Assuming that we get Genesect, Meloetta, or more hell freeze over and we get Victini, Lucario is less likely to accompany them. I still think Lucario will be in this situation, but the chances are greater that since those three are far less connected to Lucario that Lucario may not be seen as a needed addition and is dumped.

The chance for both to return are the greatest if Lucario and Zoroark are together. This rivalry is something that the Pokemon Company can promote and this can help make Lucario and Zoroark even more popular additions. Replacing Lucario with Zoroark would make far less sense since they seem more connected.

I guess you could say I warmed up to Zoroark's potential inclusion for SSB4. As a matter of fact, I find myself excited at the possibility of him getting in. Something I thought I would never say.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nice to see you've joined the dark side, SSBF. *Ba dum tsss*

Joking aside, that actually is a pretty good theory. I just hope that they keep the rivalry going with more promotions to solidify it further, you know?

D

Deleted member

Nice to see you've joined the dark side, SSBF. *Ba dum tsss*

Joking aside, that actually is a pretty good theory. I just hope that they keep the rivalry going with more promotions to solidify it further, you know?
Unfortunately, there hasn't been much aside from a promise to put Lucario/Riolu in the Black 2 version and Zoroark/Zorua in the White 2 version (which didn't happen) and a picture. I was under the assumption that there was more, but apparently, that's not the case. That still, I still support his inclusion (along with Genesect and Meloetta as well, although I still find Victini to be cool as well) because he can bring so much to the game (my biggest hope is that the Illusion can be applied like in the Pokemon movie or at least enough to satisfactions).

jigglover

Smash Lord
I think he should confront Ganondorf in a secret closure in a forest because it's his territory. When the hero's that are stalking Ganondorf appear, and hide behind a bush, all that they can see is Ganondorf and Zoroark talking in preparation of the battle which has not yet begun. Since the hero's haven't seen Zoroark before, it seems to them like he's contemplating plans with Ganondorf and they immediately ambush them both. Zoroark doesn't know of the heroes either, and once a horde of them raid his home, he sees them as bad people and teams up with Ganondorf to fight them, since Ganondorf told him he was trying to escape the bad people and his home seemed like a good hiding place, so he took the route not knowing that it was his home. Zoroark forgives him for his 'mistake' and end up as a villain, though he thinks he's fighting the villains which are in fact the heroes.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
I 100% Zoroark for Smash 4. I also would like to see Mewtwo and Lucario stay in if possible!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I 100% Zoroark for Smash 4. I also would like to see Mewtwo and Lucario stay in if possible!
All three could more than likely make it in. I mean, they're all different enough and have their own fighting style to utilize, something that detractors fail to realize.

D

Deleted member

If there were to be only five slots, Mewtwo and Lucario should get priority due to being more popular and being wanted for a return. However, a six slot situation is certainly possible, in which case putting all three in would be great.

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
If there were to be only five slots, Mewtwo and Lucario should get priority due to being more popular and being wanted for a return. However, a six slot situation is certainly possible, in which case putting all three in would be great.
The 3 just make such a good triad in the Pokemon world as is. With massive popularity behind them.

Personally I would say Lucario and Zoroark first, then if time permits Mewtwo and maybe even others.

Nobody can debate that certain Pokemon if included in Smash 4 could seriously boost its sales (by Pokefans), so I say have 7+ reps if time permits!

For example: if I was not already a smash fan, and I heard Scizor would be in Smash 4, I would buy it even if I had never played Smash in my life!

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
The Zoroark in SSB4 should be male or female? Since the Zoroark in the movie is female...

Just a question!!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I definitely agree. I love how that could have been avoided had Mewtwo not been excluded from Brawl for time. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

@Really Shy Guy: I don't really care what Zoroark's gender is. But the gender obviously depends on how much they rely on the movie for Zoroark's personality.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Zoroark in SSB4 should be male or female? Since the Zoroark in the movie is female...

Just a question!!!
Based on the RPGs, you're way more likely to catch a male Zoroark than a female Zoroark; a 87.5:12.5 ratio. However, based on what the past Smash Bros. titles showed, a lot of the Pokemon criteria is more associated with the anime than with the RPGs.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
@Really Shy Guy: I don't really care what Zoroark's gender is. But the gender obviously depends on how much they rely on the movie for Zoroark's personality.

Based on the RPGs, you're way more likely to catch a male Zoroark than a female Zoroark; a 87.5:12.5 ratio. However, based on what the past Smash Bros. titles showed, a lot of the Pokemon criteria is more associated with the anime than with the RPGs.
Yes that's a goog point of view from you two, and if we analise what Mario_and_Sonic_Guy said; then it will be a better chance that Zoroark will be female... but this gender discussion it'sjust a thing from my stupid curious mind.

Good question. And the answer is "other." :troll:

Also, I though this was semi-relevant:
[COLLAPSE="Funny"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Other? Do you mean... Lady GaGa? LOL

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Well since there is no physical change to male or female Zoroark, could be either.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think Zoroark is a good choice for Smash. Mostly because of his moveset potential though. He has this sort of "obviously interesting" quality with his illusion abilities, which is a plus. Illusion could be used a bunch of different ways in Smash, and I would love to see how Sakurai would interpret it.

D

Deleted member

Indifferent on Zoroark, but I wouldn't mind her as long as her addition does not affect Mewtwo or Lucario.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Love this picture ~​

Still not as interessting as Mewtwo.
Prior to Mewtwo's additional form, this would be an invalid. Now, I would say Mewtwo is AS interesting as Zoroark. All potentially, of course.

D

Deleted member

I think Zoroark is a good choice for Smash. Mostly because of his moveset potential though. He has this sort of "obviously interesting" quality with his illusion abilities, which is a plus. Illusion could be used a bunch of different ways in Smash, and I would love to see how Sakurai would interpret it.
This is pretty much where my main interest in Zoroark lies; his insane move set potentials. Otherwise I'm neutral to his inclusion (I remember when I used to hate him, lol).

Love this picture ~​
I was really hoping that the Pokémon Company would have heavily promoted a Lucario vs. Zoroark rivalry this generation. It would have been interesting to have had said rivalry promoted in Smash (this actually was the thing that finally got me to stop hating on Zoroark).​

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I've heard that there's a bit of a rivalry in BW2, but that may just be because you can finally have them both without trading. I used to dislike Zoroark, back when it him and Victini first were announced. Eventually I moved on to Genesect, and then to Zoroark.

Out of all the 5th gen potentials, I think Zoroark probably has the best chance. Next would be Genesect, and probably third would be Victini. I don't see much stock in any non-legendaries being added, OR a 5th Gen Trainer. Overall, I don't expect a 5th Gen rep in Smash anymore though.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Personally speaking, Zoroark is probably the Pokemon at the moment that intrigues me the most, more then Mewtwo or Genesect. Maybe's it's the concept of a dirty trickster that intrigues me the most.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I would like to see Zoroark, if he doesn't get in the way of Lucario or Mewtwo.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm with FalKoopa here.

Zoroark would be sweet, but I'd be a bit miffed if we got him instead of Lucario and/or Mewtwo.

D

Deleted member

At this rate, it looks like that we won't have to worry about Zoroark getting in the way or Lucario or Mewtwo. I'd say that if he were to be included (which I definitely don't see), he'll co-exist with Lucario and Mewtwo with being the last addition made to the Pokémon roster.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have a gut feeling that Gen 5 will get the same treatment that Gen 3 got in Brawl.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Agreed. Zoroark didn't "stick" as well as anticipated by, well, everyone. (Including TPC) Which is a shame really, because he's the ultimate sneaky fighter. You literally don't know what he looks like half the time.

SO, I bet we will get Brawl plus Mewtwo/Newtwo

ANYWAYS, back to Zoroark. How do you guys envision illusion working?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Agreed. Zoroark didn't "stick" as well as anticipated by, well, everyone. (Including TPC) Which is a shame really, because he's the ultimate sneaky fighter. You literally don't know what he looks like half the time.

SO, I bet we will get Brawl plus Mewtwo/Newtwo

Perhaps the down B special would allow Zoroark to copy a foe's weight or jump, but not attack power or abilities. Or Cjszero01's idea, Zoroark just comes out disguised as another character.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The main problem with making illusions of the other fighters would be how well they can work with Zoroark's animations. It would be pretty awkward to see a Peach or Zelda illusion looking feral.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Have you ever thought that he can turn into the legendary trio?

It's a different approach for those who don't like the idea of a charade/shang tsung character.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The main problem with making illusions of the other fighters would be how well they can work with Zoroark's animations. It would be pretty awkward to see a Peach or Zelda illusion looking feral.
Who's to say that Zoroark will keep it's animations when it's disguised as the opponent? I mean, the concept of an illusion is to deceive the eyes of the opponent into seeing something that isn't what it is.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Who's to say that Zoroark will keep it's animations when it's disguised as the opponent? I mean, the concept of an illusion is to deceive the eyes of the opponent into seeing something that isn't what it is.
What about attack effects, along with stat attributes? Because these are illusions that Zoroark is making, they can't affect its statistics.

D

Deleted member

There's always the idea of fake range for a lot of Zoroark's attacks.
Give the illusion an attack has more range than what it really does (such as by adding over-enlarged claw slashes when using claw attacks), which causes an opponent to flinch if hit, but not take damage or knockback since they didn't really get hit (the flinching is because the opponent thinks they got hit). Kind of like when Zoroark trapped the Beasts in a vine snare illusion, they thought they were trapped and couldn't move, so they didn't. But in reality, they weren't.
Though this would be obviously averted if they are in Zoroark's actual range.

Zoroark's Illusion power is more than just disguising into other characters, regardless of how it works in-battle for Pokémon.

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
I think Zoroarks illusions would work best for his/her counter. When Zoroark counters an illusion of itself appears behind the opponent. They would both run and slash the opponent crossing paths. The attack would do about 10% damage and knocks the opponent into the air. Not much K.O potential unless the damage is high enough though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom