• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zoroark for Smash 4: Deconfirmed... or is it an illusion?

Are you a Zoroark supporter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Ok my idea is: its side special would grab the opponent and for 35 frames or so they would be in a glowing purple ball and doing very mild damage then they would both be shot out a tiny bit on the sides they started on but zoroark will look the same as the opponent until attacked. and also when it attacks it turns back to its own form until it is done attacking to prevent weird very disjointed moves.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Always going to support Zoroark for Smash, but I'm just not sure on her chances anymore due to the fact we're going into the 6th Gen as of now. I still don't think 5th Gen should just be ignored however, since I can understand why 3rd Gen was, most of the popular pokemon in the gen were not very good fighting candidates. However, there are a good chunk of Pokemon in the 5th Gen that can definitely work as fighters, such as Zoroark here, Genesect, Victini, and more. So yes, I fully support her inclusion.

Does her inclusion count as a female fighter?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Zoroark would be a great character to have. I can imagine her moveset involving a lot of tricks and mindgames that can fool your opponent in it. It would be quite a shame if she wasn't included into the game since I see lots of potential in this character. But yeah... That's just my opinion really...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't quite understand why people are so pessimistic over this character to be honest. This is one of those character that has something really going for her, but for some reason people lack the enthusiasm to support her.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't quite understand why people are so pessimistic over this character to be honest. This is one of those character that has something really going for her, but for some reason people lack the enthusiasm to support her.

I think it's mostly because a number of people are afraid she might get in the way of a Pokemon veteran (mainly Lucario) from returning into the game. Which is a real shame as I do see lots of potential in Zoroark.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I would have bet on her and loved her but gen 6 got in the way with mewtwo (>'-')> **Mewtwo** <('-'<)

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
I support Zoroark 1,000,000,000,000,000%. He/she/it Has the most potential out of any other pokemon I've seen so far in my opinion. I mean look at its stats. Pretty good overall. It's my fastest and strongest pokemon besides my Haxorus.
HP:60 120 - 167230 - 324
Attack:105 99 - 172193 - 339
Defense:60 58 - 123112 - 240
Sp.Atk:120 112 - 189220 - 372
Sp.Def:60 58 - 123112 - 240
Speed:105 99 - 172193 - 339

And it's intro could be EPIC! I just imagine it fighting Lucario on a mountain like area or in a forest while Lucario was trying to mediatate. It would be an epic battle. If I had to choose one pokemon to get in the game and kick another out then move over Jigglypuff. The Master of Illusion is coming through. Zoroark is my favorite non-legend pokemon. Perfect mind game character. It's illusions could be incorperated in its grabs and give it more range for attacking and since it can learn Shadow Ball it could also have a projectile attack. So my final thoughts on Zoroark. Perfect Pokemon or Smash.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I think it's mostly because a number of people are afraid she might get in the way of a Pokemon veteran (mainly Lucario) from returning into the game. Which is a real shame as I do see lots of potential in Zoroark.
I don't see Lucario returning whether Zoroark makes it or not, I think people are more afraid she might take away Mewtwo's chances than anything. I seriously don't know why we can't have both. :ohwell:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Personally, Zoroark is undoubtably the better choice, from a gameplay/moveset standpoint between the two. But I don't think that their in cometition with one another. IF Zoroark was chosen, it wouldn't be because of Lucario being cut, and if we get Lucario and not Zoroark, I don't think it would be because we can't have both.

And as far as Pokemon popularity goes for Sm4sh:

Pikachu > Mewtwo >> Jigglypuff >>> Pokemon Trainer >>> Lucario >>>>>>>>>>> 6th Gen rep >> Zoroark > Everyone Else

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
I don't see Lucario returning whether Zoroark makes it or not, I think people are more afraid she might take away Mewtwo's chances than anything. I seriously don't know why we can't have both. :ohwell:

Agreed. Take out Jigglypuff and Pokemon Trainer if they have to. I'd prefer to see Zoroark,Lucario,Mewtwo,and since Pikachu's been conimred not that there was any doubt thats four. And they're all from different gens. I honestly think Zoroark is in. I mean as soon as I heard about this game rumors of Zoroarks inclusion floated all over the place and who wouldnt want to see Zoroark vs Lucario. Illusion vs Aura. It,as I previously stated,would be EPIC! Throw in Mewtwo for those that miss him and didn't get Brawl cause of his inclusion,I know people who did that,and 8/10 people ar ehappy. The 2/10 just don't see Zoroarks potential as an amazing fighter. But look at all the moves it can learn. A lot of close physical attackd for hand to hand er paw to hand combat.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Personally, Zoroark is undoubtably the better choice, from a gameplay/moveset standpoint between the two. But I don't think that their in cometition with one another. IF Zoroark was chosen, it wouldn't be because of Lucario being cut, and if we get Lucario and not Zoroark, I don't think it would be because we can't have both.

And as far as Pokemon popularity goes for Sm4sh:

Pikachu > Mewtwo >> Jigglypuff >>> Pokemon Trainer >>> Lucario >>>>>>>>>>> 6th Gen rep >> Zoroark > Everyone Else
I'm pretty sure that if they do plan on putting Lucario in the game at some point, he's definitely near the bottom of the priority list, especially considering how much more obscure he's become to the series in the past years. And no, simply catching a Riolu to evolve into a Lucario in Gen 5 does not count. Hell, I thought that the inclusion of Riolu being able to be caught before the first badge took away from the impact of Lucario being this super-rare and interesting pokemon. I mean seriously, if we were going by popular pokemon that have been catchable in every generation since their release, we'd have this guy in Smash Bros by now:

To be honest, I wouldn't mind playing as a Heracross since it's an awesome pokemon, but the fact stands that Mewtwo and Zoroark are definitely much more of a priority for Smash Bros inclusion than Lucario at this point.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Agreed. Take out Jigglypuff and Pokemon Trainer if they have to. I'd prefer to see Zoroark,Lucario,Mewtwo,and since Pikachu's been conimred not that there was any doubt thats four. And they're all from different gens. I honestly think Zoroark is in. I mean as soon as I heard about this game rumors of Zoroarks inclusion floated all over the place and who wouldnt want to see Zoroark vs Lucario. Illusion vs Aura. It,as I previously stated,would be EPIC! Throw in Mewtwo for those that miss him and didn't get Brawl cause of his inclusion,I know people who did that,and 8/10 people ar ehappy. The 2/10 just don't see Zoroarks potential as an amazing fighter. But look at all the moves it can learn. A lot of close physical attackd for hand to hand er paw to hand combat.
One does not simply remove the almighty Jigglypuff.

And one does not simply understand the satisfaction of beating your friends with this character...not in Melee though, due to Jigglypuff being an S-Tier character, but you get the point.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I doubt Jigglypuff is going anywhere. She is probably among the easiest characters to create.

But more on topic, I guess I would love to see Lucario vs Zoroark vs Mewtwo. But the chances of all 3 of them making it in is rather low.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
It would be amazing if zoroark was in the next Smash game... I would like to see how his Illusion ability would work and everything, he is my 2nd favorite pokemon. 1st being to haunter.

Hate to be a bad-news kinda guy, but zoroark was pretty old and they only kinda revealed him once. Lucario was revealed back when the Hoenn region was still going/ about to end. Zoroark, I heard nothing from in the Sinnoh region, along with the fact that SSB4 comes out in 2014 which is 2 years since anyone would have heard from zoroark... but that dosent necessarily mean anything.

Im not one of those Awakened Mewtwo people either. I speculate that some random pokemon that we never heard from in X and Y will be put in.

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
One does not simply remove the almighty Jigglypuff.
And one does not simply understand the satisfaction of beating your friends with this character...not in Melee though, due to Jigglypuff being an S-Tier character, but you get the point.
To Jigglypuff

And I understand what yo mean. It's like winning with Pichu in Brawl.

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure why but I can imagine using Zoroark and fighting to Riot by Three Days Grace. Seems like it could also be his/her intro. I don't know maybe I'm just weird

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
To Jigglypuff

And I understand what yo mean. It's like winning with Pichu in Brawl.
Wouldn't Kirby fit better as a ball? I mean...he has a form called Ball Kirby:

Oh God no, I wouldn't go THAT far. Winning with Jigglypuff is nothing like winning with Pichu. Winning with Ganondorf flawlessly in Brawl is like winning with Pichu in Melee. I just hope they will buff Jigglypuff up to her former Melee glory. I mean...remember this?

The power of sleep will cause stuff to explode...Godly...

FangnierFernious

Smash Apprentice
Wouldn't Kirby fit better as a ball? I mean...he has a form called Ball Kirby:

Oh God no, I wouldn't go THAT far. Winning with Jigglypuff is nothing like winning with Pichu. Winning with Ganondorf flawlessly in Brawl is like winning with Pichu in Melee. I just hope they will buff Jigglypuff up to her former Melee glory. I mean...remember this?

The power of sleep will cause stuff to explode...Godly...

Eh I like seeing Jigglypuf get beat.
To me it is. Though I was actually okay with Pichu and Jigglypuff isn't my worst character. That would be Ganandorf actually. Terrible recovery.
And as for rebuffing Jigglypuff they're gonna have to now. Jigglypuff is now a Fairy-type which opens up room for a new Final Smash like her using Moon Beam or whatever that attack is called. Still cant believe Jigglypuff is a fairy. That means this...

Does this...

Am I the only one that sees a problem here?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The main problem is that Jigglypuff posts are being brought up on this thread. Please use the Jigglypuff thread for that.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I second this.

I say that Jigglypuff, Zoroark and Mewtwo can all co-exist...Lucario can go die though, even if it's one of my favorite 4th Gen Pokemon next to Weavile and Giratina and 4th Gen is my favorite gen, Lucario does not deserve to return.
I think that if a character is no longer needed they should get out. even if bowser, my main in brawl, was no longer relevant to his series I would gladly say bye to him (although this will never happen)

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
As someone who has a pokemon character wishlist that will probably be biggest than the SSB:4 final list itself I really hope Sakurai gives us at least one gen 5 rep in the new game, there will be one gen 6 for sure (Even if that means Mewtwo X ), but Gen 5 is probably the best gen there has been so far, and I'd hate to see it missed out due to unfortunate timing...

One thing has always pissed me off about Zorak though, where in the world of Arceus does it get THAT BLOODY HEARTIE FROM?!?!

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
If Zoroark does make it into the game, I just thought of a neat little way he/she/it would be unlocked. After you perform a certain task, such as clearing Classic or Adventure (or whatever it will be called this time) with, say Pikachu, the "NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!" screen would pop up. When the battle would start, your opponent would be a veteran character. People would be all like "Whaaaaaa?"...moving on, after the opponent took a certain amount of damage, they would change into Zoroark, revealing it was using an Illusion. Then the actual battle would start. Just a little something I thought of. Hopefully no one already put that in here :reverse:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If Zoroark does make it into the game, I just thought of a neat little way he/she/it would be unlocked. After you perform a certain task, such as clearing Classic or Adventure (or whatever it will be called this time) with, say Pikachu, the "NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!" screen would pop up. When the battle would start, your opponent would be a veteran character. People would be all like "Whaaaaaa?"...moving on, after the opponent took a certain amount of damage, they would change into Zoroark, revealing it was using an Illusion. Then the actual battle would start. Just a little something I thought of. Hopefully no one already put that in here :reverse:

What if you beat the character before he/she shows that he/she is actually Zoroark?

Nice idea though.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
What if you beat the character before he/she shows that he/she is actually Zoroark?

Nice idea though.
That's a good point. I guess if it did work like that the amount of damage he/she would take before changing would have to be pretty low, or maybe after a certain number of hits, which would probably make it a little easier than raising its damage percentage.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Honestly I agree so hard. I still think Zoroark has great chances, and in a perfect world I'd have Zoroark, Mewtwo and Lucario. Some part of me just isnt sure how plausible it is. :sadsheep:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That's a good point. I guess if it did work like that the amount of damage he/she would take before changing would have to be pretty low, or maybe after a certain number of hits, which would probably make it a little easier than raising its damage percentage.

How about do it like the Pokemon games and just have it reveal itself after one hit?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Kikwi-kiwi
Why are you constantly using he/she when referring to Zoroark? :p

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
How about do it like the Pokemon games and just have it reveal itself after one hit?
That'd work, it would also catch people by surprise. Start the battle, hit the opponent once and BOOM...Zoroark in your faces.

D

Deleted member

Starting to like Zoroark a lot more than I used to do.

Mega Man's inclusion proved to me that if third-party can get in despite being incredibly difficult to fit in, then Sakurai and his team could do nearly anything with Nintendo. Knowing this makes me a lot more confident that if Zoroark were to get in that his Illusion would be kept intact. Plus I'm liking his design a lot more than I used to a year ago (when I was in a very anti-Zoroark phase). Still like Deoxys, Pichu and Genesect more, but Zoroark is cool as well.

Really wished I (and many others) didn't compare him to Lucario so much; perhaps then Zoroark would have maintained more of his fan base.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
why don't people get it Lucario Will Not Get Back In simple as that I think it will be zoroark + mewtwo

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
why don't people get it Lucario Will Not Get Back In simple as that I think it will be zoroark + mewtwo
Because why would the more popular, more important and well liked veteran be REPLACED by a less popular, less important newcomer whose popularity has been dying off lately?

Lucario while in danger of being cut does have a decent chance of returning. Besides, whose to say Zoroark and Lucario can't coexist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom