• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Speak for yourself. Id much rather have a 50 character roster that isn't balanced than a 25 character roster that is. The tourney players are only gonna play the top 5 chars anyway.
Well, I wouldn't exactly want it unbalanced either, like Brawl for example, a character like Ganondorf was good in Melee but in Brawl he was horribly balanced.

I do somewhat agree, but I believe it should be balanced to a certain extent where it will make the game playable while at the same time minimizing broken characters.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Yea, too bad that Sakurai is forgetting the 3rd gen, so far 1st gen, 2nd gen. and 4th gen. Pokemon have been represented.

Obviously the 5th gen. is going to get rep. that's either Zoroark or that other pokemon.

I hoping to see Meowth this time around.
My prediction for a Roster :

Super Mario :

1.Mario : Galaxy design he gets his star spin as one of his moves.

2.Luigi : Luigi's mansion is knocking the door.

3.Bowser

4.Peach

5.Yoshi

6.New representer.

Donkey Kong :

7.Donkey Kong

8.Diddy Kong

Wario :

9.Wario

10.New representer

Legend of Zelda :

11.Link (Skyward Sword)

12.Zelda (Skyward Sword)

13.Ganondorf (we might never see him)

14.Ghirahim

15.New character...

Metroid :

16.Samus/ZSS

17.Ridley

Kid Icarus :

18.Pit

19.Magnus

20.Medusa

Kirby:

21.Kirby

22.King 3D

23.Meta Knight

Pikmin :

24.Olimar

Star Fox :

25.Fox

26.Falco

27.Wolf

28.Hoping for Krystal

F-Zero :

29.Captain Falcon

Pokemon :

30.Pikachu

31.PT (B/W)

32.Lucario

33.Jigglypuff

34.Zoroark

Fire Emblem:

35.Ike (RD design ) (fixed)

36.Marth (Remake design)

37.New character.

Earthbound/Mother :

38.Lucas and ness being the same character but diffrent costume.

3rd party :

I don't see them coming back.

Retro character :

39.New retro character (Takamaru please)

40.R.O.B

41.Mr.G&W

42.IC

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Somehow some way I wish one TMNT fighter could make it in this:)
As cool as the TMNT could be, they're 4th party characters, just like the DC and Marvel characters.

Pokémon Black and White is demented! The story, some of the Pokémon, the whole historical background. My how things have changed.
Generation 5 did make major changes to how we've been used to Pokemon. In the first four generations, Magikarp was VERY abundant, but none can be seen in Unova. In a similar manner, Abra, Zubat, Machop, Geodude, and Rhyhorn have been in the first four generations' regional Pokedexes too (of course, Rhyhorn wasn't in Sinnoh's regional Pokedex in the Diamond and Pearl versions), but Unova doesn't have any of them.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Things I like to see in SSB4:

1) Unlockable characters across of Events;
2) All the characters play important roles in Adventure Mode;
3) Board the Plataforms;
4) At least one return from Melee;
5) New characters forgotten, as are the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch and ROB;
6) Trophy at the end of the Boss Battle;
7) Race To The Finish;

Things that do not like to see in SSB4:

1) Characters in Adventure Mode without scenes;
2) Quantity excessive 3part characters at most 4;
3) Series with more than five slots.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Speak for yourself. Id much rather have a 50 character roster that isn't balanced than a 25 character roster that is. The tourney players are only gonna play the top 5 chars anyway.
You know what? ... F*** yeah!

I'm a tourney player, but I agree with this. XD This game is about fan service before competitive playing.

Because 99% of the time I'm playing this game, it's with friends, for good laughs.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yea, too bad that Sakurai is forgetting the 3rd gen, so far 1st gen, 2nd gen. and 4th gen. Pokemon have been represented.

Obviously the 5th gen. is going to get rep. that's either Zoroark or that other pokemon.

I hoping to see Meowth this time around.
Pleased to see another Meowth supporter. :) I hope to see the Poke-roster like this in SSB4:

- Pikachu
- Meowth
- Mewtwo
- Zoroark
- Pokemon Trainer (don't care which generation but 2nd gen or 5th gen would be a nice change)

That way, you have Pikachu and Meowth as rivals like in the anime, Mewtwo and Zoroark as rivals because they are humanoid Pokemon with opposing natures (psychic vs. dark, white vs. black), and you have the Pokemon Trainer in the middle. Jigglypuff, Lucario, and the original Pokemon Trainer can come back as DLC for all I care. I just want the Poke-roster to feel new and not become stagnant with the same old Pokemon over and over, not making room for new Pokemon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Things I like to see in SSB4:

1) Unlockable characters across of Events;
2) All the characters play important roles in Adventure Mode;
3) Board the Plataforms;
4) At least one return from Melee;
5) New characters forgotten, as are the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch and ROB;
6) Trophy at the end of the Boss Battle;
7) Race To The Finish;

Things that do not like to see in SSB4:

1) Characters in Adventure Mode without scenes;
2) Quantity excessive 3part characters at most 4;
3) Series with more than five slots.
Positives

1: That's pretty straightforward, though it's still a good idea to add alternate methods as well; Group mode comes to mind, though Melee did that better.
2: That might be hard to fully accomplish, but it does sound doable.
3: Stated that in my Solo mode adjustments.
4-1: Mewtwo was the only non-clone to get cut, and I don't exactly see it returning, since Jigglypuff is obviously staying.
4-2: Dr. Mario would become an alternate outfit for Mario.
4-3: Toon Link > Young Link
4-4: Pichu was merely around to represent baby Pokemon.
4-5: Roy was only used for advertisement purposes.
5-1: That makes no sense. The classics need to stay, due to their importance in Nintendo's history.
5-2: Mr. G&W represents the Game & Watch series.
5-3: R.O.B. represents the recovery from the video game crash.
6: That would destroy the purpose of Trophy Stands, unless you're referring to the Boss Battles game mode.
7: Same as 3.

Negatives

1: Don't know about that one.
2: No more than 4 3rd party characters is realistic enough.
3: I only see the Mario series having 5 characters, since that was done in Melee.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
[COLLAPSE="Starphoenix's Starfy stage idea"]
Okay, so with this next stage idea I am charting into some unfamiliar water here. I've never played a game from this next series, so if there are better ideas/choices please excuse my ignorance.

It's our cute yellow little fellow Starfy! After a significant run as an exclusive series in Japan, he has finally made his way stateside with the release of The Legendary Starfy. So, what better stage than a beach? A lagoon! One side of the stage is sand and the other side a giant rock. Separated by a body of water coming in from the sea. On the beach side you have two platforms, one hovering over the other. These platforms are important as occasionally the tide will pick up and the sea will flow over the sane and base of the rock. To keep from drowning you'll need to be on higher ground, err platform... As for the rock, think of the "rock" transformation in Pokémon Stadium 1. Other than that it's just a big rock...

Stage example:
.....__
__
---------\^^^^(---)

Stage Name: Gluglug Lagoon
Stage Icon: Bubble icon

The Legendary Starfy - Gluglug Lagoon
Densetsu No Starfy - Sea of Ice
Densetsu No Starfy - Deep Sea
Densetsu No Starfy 2 - Lobbers Cave
Densetsu No Starfy 2 - Game Over
Densetsu No Starfy 3 - Task Completed
Densetsu No Starfy 3 - Evil's Final Theme
Densetsu No Starfy 4 - Boss Battle
Densetsu No Starfy 4 - Ending
Densetsu No Starfy 4 - Dressup Fun
The Legendary Starfy - Final Boss
The Legendary Starfy - Super Tough

This one may take a little more "creative liberty", but hopefully everyone enjoys it. We could use a good beach/lagoon/cove stage. I was REALLY tempted to include Orange Ocean from Kirby Super Star on here.
[/COLLAPSE]

That's nice and all but I have actually played The Legendary Starfy. I would suggest a stage called Pufftop, it is Starfy's home in the games and it is a flooded castle on the clodus in the sky. The castle has water currents that can take us outside and down the waterfalls. Throw in some elements from Skydye Heights (the sky-themed world in the DS game) such as winds that occasionally blow upward (similar to the Flying-type phase of Pokemon Stadium 2 in Brawl) and rainbows that appear and disappear... we can swim in the rainbows like we already do in Pirate Ship and Delfino Plaza. For some creative liberty, some of the clouds that we walk on have pools of water might make you fall through the cloud and down the waterfall if you stand on them for too long (almost like the clouds on Yoshi's Island in SSB 64).

D

Deleted member

5-1: That makes no sense. The classics need to stay, due to their importance in Nintendo's history.
5-2: Mr. G&W represents the Game & Watch series.
5-3: R.O.B. represents the recovery from the video game crash.
By "new characters forgotten," he means new characters who have been forgotten by time. Basically, he means more obscure retro characters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
New retro characters I want to play in SSB4:

- Takamaru (from the Japan-only NES game, The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
- Muddy Mole (from the Game Boy game, Mole Mania)
- Dog (from the NES game, Duck Hunt, for the lulz)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
By "new characters forgotten," he means new characters who have been forgotten by time. Basically, he means more obscure retro characters.
Takamaru doesn't sound too obscure though.

I did state Bubbles and Eggplant Man as well, but they're mainly filler picks to represent Clu Clu Land and Wrecking Crew respectively.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Retro characters I'd like to play as. (In order)

Little Mac (Punch Out)
Mike Jones (StarTropics ((since the N64 days, dammit!!!)

Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame Jo)
Balloon Fighter / Alice (Balloon Fight / Balloon Kid)

Lip (Panel de Pon)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)

Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
Laughing Dog (Duck Hunt)

Any other retro character.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Takamaru doesn't sound too obscure though.

I did state Bubbles and Eggplant Man as well, but they're mainly filler picks to represent Clu Clu Land and Wrecking Crew respectively.
Don't get your hopes up with that choice. Sakurai said she didn't get into Melee because she couldn't do anything. :(

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What the Hell was up with Nintendo and eggplants? Eggplant Man, Eggplant Wizard... I think there were eggplants in Ice Climber too.

Anyway, what kind of non-franchise stages do you think we'll see? Maybe a 3DS could act as a stage. You'd fight on the bottom screen, and "buttons" would appear on the screen that you could run over. These buttons would cause different things to pop out of the top 3D screen. To show off 3DS to WiiU connectivity, maybe you could take pictures on the 3DS and set them up as a background or something. :p

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
What the Hell was up with Nintendo and eggplants? Eggplant Man, Eggplant Wizard... I think there were eggplants in Ice Climber too.

Anyway, what kind of non-franchise stages do you think we'll see? Maybe a 3DS could act as a stage. You'd fight on the bottom screen, and "buttons" would appear on the screen that you could run over. These buttons would cause different things to pop out of the top 3D screen. To show off 3DS to WiiU connectivity, maybe you could take pictures on the 3DS and set them up as a background or something. :p
This reminds the PictoChat

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Don't get your hopes up with that choice. Sakurai said she didn't get into Melee because she couldn't do anything. :(
That's quite odd to be hearing that, but Sakurai is a Japan resident. Basically, I'd think that Bubbles would utilize attacks that involve her body.

But again, I did say filler.

refugee

Smash Journeyman

Yeah there are eggplants in Ice climber. I also remember something about Waluigi and egg plants in that one Mario baseball game. Then there's also the cameo appearance of Eggplant Man in Chibi Robo.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
A poke-floats type stage with all systems, consoles and handhelds.
It's funny you should mention that. I had been thinking there could be a stage shaped like the Nintendo logo, which would basically be another Final Destination. As you fight, it flies through Nintendo's history, showing important moments and games in the background. Like maybe flying alongside Link as he rides on Epona in the menu for Ocarina of Time. Watch a R.O.B. being built, preparing to save the industry... The making of Hanafuda cards... I dunno. :V

Smash Bros. is all about celebrating Nintendo's history, after all~

Doesn't Mario have 4 reps?

Yoshi has is own series Ike sama.
I think...Master Chief would be a cool addition...

*flameshield*
Most characters that are unlikely to get in are cool additions. (Not Cloud)

Miis... I never thought about Miis. I wouldn't want to play as myself in SSB. It feels wrong. I really don't care if they make an appearance.
Actually,all sum1 haz to do is mention the word "anime" around Sakurai and Gokus in!
Goku? Geno? Thinks mega man sucks?

Where is this guy from? Game FAQs?

Sum1? I speak English.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
I've always enjoyed gimmick stages such as Wario's stage and the Pictochat stage. It spices up the game, you gotta worry about the stage and your opponents. Of course it pisses you off, but it's a good one :D
I'd like to see more of these stages. I also like how alot of series got represented, though not neccessarily with playable reps. So if some of your favourite predictions don't get in, maybe they could get a stage?

and Star your stage ideas are always amazing.

I have a pretty awesome stage idea. How about the boxing ring in Punch Out?

If the DS got a stage, maybe the Wii should get a stage. Maybe the wii channel.

Tetris could be a cool assist trophy.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I have a pretty awesome stage idea. How about the boxing ring in Punch Out?

If the DS got a stage, maybe the Wii should get a stage. Maybe the wii channel.
A Wii Menu stage would be even better if it was interactable. A person could pick up a Wii-mote, point it at the screen, and pick up a character or something~ Maybe click on different channels to change the stage up a bit...

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
A Wii Menu stage would be even better if it was interactable. A person could pick up a Wii-mote, point it at the screen, and pick up a character or something~ Maybe click on different channels to change the stage up a bit...
haha YES! It could show a TV in a room, and then there person turns it on. Maybe they walk by and you can't see. Then maybe someone bumps into it and the stage slides. I also like your wiimote idea.

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else here think a Rainbow Road stage would be awesome? I loved Mario Kart as a kid and I have a lot of memories of that course. That, and it's had some pretty awesome music, and I think it would be a good excuse to use my favorite Mario piece of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx6nOkdeNKs

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I would like to see Rainbow Road as the new Mario Kart stage.

And I'd also like to see an Excite Bike stage. (In fact, I made one in Stage Creation).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Does anyone else here think a Rainbow Road stage would be awesome? I loved Mario Kart as a kid and I have a lot of memories of that course. That, and it's had some pretty awesome music, and I think it would be a good excuse to use my favorite Mario piece of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx6nOkdeNKs
I find all of this most satisfactory. Yes.

Should it move like an F-Zero stage? Or just a re-worked Mario Circuit. Mario Circuit was kind of an odd choice, come to think of it. Rainbow Road is definitely more iconic, and would be way more scenic than Mario Circuit.

I guess I'll throw this out there: I think Ridley's role in the adventure mode (assuming the adventure mode will be similar to the SSE) should be something like... a pet beast? Villains always keep a big monster as a pet! Rather, he could be like Ganondorf's (or whoever) bodyguard/servant, attacking others under orders. Bowser sort of fills the military commander role (IF YOU WANT TO READ INTO IT TOO MUCH) so, unless there was both a Koopa Commander and a Space Pirate Leader (WHICH WOULD BE EQUALLY AWESOME), that would be a rather fitting role for him. After all, Ridley doesn't seem all that interested in power, he just wants to kill. :p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I find all of this most satisfactory. Yes.

Should it move like an F-Zero stage? Or just a re-worked Mario Circuit. Mario Circuit was kind of an odd choice, come to think of it. Rainbow Road is definitely more iconic, and would be way more scenic than Mario Circuit.

I guess I'll throw this out there: I think Ridley's role in the adventure mode (assuming the adventure mode will be similar to the SSE) should be something like... a pet beast? Villains always keep a big monster as a pet! Rather, he could be like Ganondorf's (or whoever) bodyguard/servant, attacking others under orders. Bowser sort of fills the military commander role (IF YOU WANT TO READ INTO IT TOO MUCH) so, unless there was both a Koopa Commander and a Space Pirate Leader (WHICH WOULD BE EQUALLY AWESOME), that would be a rather fitting role for him. After all, Ridley doesn't seem all that interested in power, he just wants to kill. :p
Eh... No offense, but Ridley would snap Ganondorf's head off no contest. XD Ridley is WAAY too proud to be someone else's pet. Heck not even a normal space pirate would stoop that low. :p

Leader of the space pirates, yes. Ridley is perhaps the most aggressive villains in Nintendo history.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Eh... No offense, but Ridley would snap Ganondorf's head off no contest. XD Ridley is WAAY too proud to be someone else's pet. Heck not even a normal space pirate would stoop that low. :p

Leader of the space pirates, yes. Ridley is perhaps the most aggressive villains in Nintendo history.
My love of Ridley is the strongest in the whole world, but unfortunately I'd have to admit Ganondorf is probably the more powerful of the two villains. He's pretty much a god, isn't he? I WOULD ALSO HAVE TO ADMIT I SHOULD NOT HAVE USED "PET." But he doesn't SEEM to have a problem with being an underling of Mother Brain? As long as he gets to kill, right?

I DUNNO. I'm sure he'll be the coolest though~

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My love of Ridley is the strongest in the whole world, but unfortunately I'd have to admit Ganondorf is probably the more powerful of the two villains. He's pretty much a god, isn't he? I WOULD ALSO HAVE TO ADMIT I SHOULD NOT HAVE USED "PET." But he doesn't SEEM to have a problem with being an underling of Mother Brain? As long as he gets to kill, right?

Heh you got a point there. Who's not to say Ridley was working for Ganondorf in the SSE anyway.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Fun fact

"In the latest Famitsu […] Sakurai is interviewed specifically about the newcomers […] and mentioned that originally Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong were meant to be a pair character that tagged between each other, but the plan was changed due to difficulties encountered."
I don't remember who was saying it but Diddy and Dixie would have been more like Zelda/sheik as opposed to something like ice climbers.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I seem to remember suggesting Rainbow Road back before SSBB. I think the general consensus was that it would be too... weird and trippy. Then PictoChat, Warioware and Hanbow got in, so I'd say it would no longer be very weird or trippy.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team

It's never really been clear what role they play relative to one another. In canon, both Ridley and Mother Brain are part of High Command, though in other parts on canon either Ridley commands the pirates or Mother Brain does or whatever.

Fact remains that Ridley is certainly not an underling to anyone. In the SSE, I don't think he was necessarily of rank in the SS Army, but just a big pissed off dragon. I mean, he did just randomly show up and try to kill Samus, and then tried again when he became Meta Ridley.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Here's then my Lip-moveset.
I mark origins and references as Origin.

Lip

Bio: From Nintendo's long-running puzzle series Panel De Pon, known as Puzzle League outside of Japan, Lip is Fairy Of Flowers, who appears to be the main mascot of the series.

Back in the peaceful days when she lived in her homeland Popples, the Devil King Thanatos had casted a spell all over the Popples's kingdom, affecting the residents of the land and causing fighting amongst the fairies. Lip was luckily unaffected due to her magic stick.
Lip then had to defeat each of her fairy friends to return their personalities to normal, by facing off them in fairies' favorite game called Panepon. After breaking every spell from her friends, she proceeded to face off against Thanatos.

Lip hasn't much appeared these days aside from things referring to her in SSB but she made a secret appearance in Planet Puzzle League. Recently she's also been found having developed role in Skip's action adventure game Captain Rainbow.

Personality-wise she's optimistic and little tomboyish: she has very good confidence on herself. This might be little problematic for her: despite her confidence she's not sure of herself and her destiny as a new queen. As seen from her appearances The Fairy Of Flowers has a lot of charm.

Appearances:

Panel De Pon (1994)
Planet Puzzle League (2007)
Captain Rainbow (2008)

Series Emblem: http://i.imgur.com/idpiT.png

Statistics:

Size: 4/10 (Her size is slighly same as Diddy's.)
Weight: 2.5/10
Power: 5/10
Speed:7/10
Jump:8/10 (Very Light)

- Overview -

- Lip's primary weapon is her flower magic which utilisizes flowers and other natural plantlife as it's inspiration. For stronger attacks, she uses her stick which plants a flower on her enemies and sap up their power, increasing damage.
Shortly she'll be a mix of Ivysaur and Zelda, except replacing grass powers with flower magic.

-She's very light, considering she's a fairy: in fact, she can actually "hop" on the air three times. This gives her 3 midair jumps.
Unfortunately her lightness makes her easy to juggle and KO in smaller percentages than most of the cast, but the three extra jumps make up for it.

-Along the battle, Lip tends to emit and drop flower petals to the ground, much like Pit losing his feathers. This also happens when she's knocked far away.

Character Animations.

Entrance: A rainbow comes from the other side of the screen. Lip runs down from it, jumps off to the stage and quickly raises her stick, which opens and spreads it's petals, saying "Ikuso!" while looking at the camera. This then switches to her stance animation.

Origin: Rainbows were her main means of transportation in Panel De Pon, so this is spot-on for her as an entrance. See here: http://i.imgur.com/3FvQB.png

Also, everytime she had arrived at her cursed friend's destination, she would also raise her stick and say same words above: The stick also would open up it's petals by itself. See that here: http://i.imgur.com/DHlZp.png

Stance: She rocks her body carefreely, while smiling. Surely, the Smash World isn't a stressful place for a fairy which has competed in her own puzzle game.

Origin: See her sprite in Vs Mode of PDP. This is also referred to her usual stance when you talk to her in Captain Rainbow.

Idle Animations:

1. When some moment has passed, she'll hop up from the ground and starts to float for few seconds.To give you the idea, she's attempting to float like Mewtwo from Melee.

After two seconds when she confidently tries to keep herself on the air, she suddenly loses control and falls down clumsily. Lip quickly gets up back to her usual stance.

Origin
: Her floatiness is inspired by how she tends to make funny flips and stances occasionally in Captain Rainbow, somewhat. Also this is in context that she's very light, and can use her magic powers to float herself. Although it seems she's not yet very good at controlling it.

2. Occassionally she'll groom herself, but suddenly she sees how flowers start to grow around her. She crouches down to look at them admiredly, and then gets up.

Special Moves

B: Fairy Seed (Varying Damage and Knockback)

- Lip throws out a colored seed. The seeds come in six colors, red, green, cyan, violet and blue.
If it latches on an opponent, they're "marked", as the seed stays on them. Pressing B again makes her throw another seed, sometimes different-colored. Lip can latch three seeds on her enemies, though the opponent can be shake them off if you rapidly mash the buttons or the shake the control stick.

The catch here though is not to throw seeds on the opponents only. If the opponent is "seeded" and Lip presses B while near him, she starts to bat the opponent tactically with her stick, dealing quick damage. The seed grows by every hit of the stick, in three phases: it starts as a seed, becomes a sprout, then stem, and finally blooms into a flower. By every phase, the damage upon hitting the opponent builds up in strength.
If Lip hits the flower, it explodes, which has decent to semi-high knockback, depending on how many seeds you've planted on your enemy, or the seeds' type.
The more seeds you've planted, the more longer you can continue your attack, Lip grows only one seed at time (shortly it means if you planted two seeds, you can attack six times.)

- Different kind of seeds (and thus flowers) do different kind of status effects while attacking.

1.Green Seed. (Represents Green Circle Block from PDP, appears 40% of the time) No status effect, flower is something ordinary. damage: 2% per hit, no knockback.

2. Yellow Seed (Represents Yellow Star Block from PDP, appears 40% of the time) - Flower might be a daisy or a sunflower? Spark element, 2-3%. per hit.

3. Red Seed (Red Heart Block, appears 30% of the time) Fiery, effect, would be fiery flower, to codify this we might put in a Fire Flower as the growing flower. 4-6% per hit.

4.Purple Seed (Purple Diamond Block, appears 20% of the time) - Dark element, poisons, damage: 8-9 per knockback.
A poisoned, or disturbing-looking flower.

5. Cyan Seed (Cyan Triangle Block, appears 10% of the time), Icy effect, 10%-12% per hit. Enemies are frozen for quick period if the flower is exploded. A shardy flower.

6. Blue Seed (Blue Upside Down Triangle, appears 10% of the time), 13%-15 per hit, fiery explosion occurs if you explode the flower, with a huge knockback.

7.Grey Seed (Represents the !-panels which give a garbage block without needing to combo or chain. appears 10% at time), 13-16% per hit, huge knockback.

Sometimes Lip would throw a black dud seed which absorbs the damage from the stick and doesn't do any damage or knockback. This prevents this special move to be overpowered.

- The effective way to use this is to throw decent amounts of seeds, depending on your skill. You must also press the button quickly to deal the damage and carry the combo to the end.
Why is this is because if you can go on growing the seeds planted on your enemy successfully, your attack builds on power by every hit until the end of the combo. (Think like Fury Cutter from PKMN.)

So, the more seeds = harder it is to execute the combo to the end, but it also deals more damage and knockback than just with one seed.

- When you hit the enemy with a seed on it, a combo marker (from Panel De Pon) shows your current hits as the combo. Say, if you land six hits (by planting two seeds on your enemy), you get a 6x chain combo with a fanfare.

Origin: I had to think a for a long time until I came up with an unique way to give her a great alternative that translates the combo system of Panel De Pon, while keeping her incharacter and making use of her powers. This took me sometime to write out thoughtfully.

The seeds represent the tiles used in Puzzle League and the method hitting the seed three times until it explodes is a translated from the mechanic making three same tiles to connect: http://i.imgur.com/7lY7Q.png

The mechanic of growing each seed in succession is again based on chain system used in Puzzle League: in order to chain, you had to first connect three tiles as usual, then arrange quickly three another same tiles in quick succession to create a chain:

Step 1: http://i.imgur.com/c2MZa.png

Step 2: http://i.imgur.com/7c2XK.png

Step 3: http://i.imgur.com/XnXaH.png

This is present in this special by the technique of trying to grow each seed in quick succession,which builds up the attacks' power.

Also, the skill plays a great role here: the more seeds you have used on the opponent, the more it's easier for them to drop, but it's more rewarding to carry the combo to the end, as the move builds in power everytime you hit your enemies, and if really carried on to the end, can do considerately high damage and knockback: this references on the hard aspect of "skillchaining" which is a technique where you skillfully keep chaining on and on in Puzzle League, which becomes very rewarding at the end:

Step 1: http://i.imgur.com/INe4R.png

Step 2: http://i.imgur.com/40FC5.png

Conclusion: http://i.imgur.com/xcfnj.png and http://i.imgur.com/qKA0z.png

(BTW, The rule of chaining a lot and mastering it applies to many puzzle games out there, too. Look at Puyo Puyo for example.)

The fanfare of course comes from the Puzzle League-series in general: when you pull off 3x chain in Puzzle League, you're met with a congratulating fanfare, that gets more applauding if you chain longer. This time in SSB4, Lip gets this fanfare only if she successfully grows two seeds or more.

Kirby Hat: Kirby gains Lip's ponytail, complete with the pink ribbon! He gains the ability to use Fairy Seeds and also can make them grow with his replica of Lip's Stick.
See the reference here: http://supersmashbrosdesign.webs.com/photos/HextupleyooDOT/kirbylip2.jpg

Side B: Quick Swap (8%, electric horizontal knockback.)

- Lip waves her wand forwards: suddenly, a glowing, luminent- lines shaped like the "cursor" from Puzzle League-games appears around Lip- also the another side of it appears in front of her. Lip then pulls her stick back while holding it with both of her hands, which makes the cursor swap the position of Lip and her target at her front lightning fast. Lip also goes through people with this move, which deals some damage and electric stun knockback.

- This can be used on one opponent or projectiles. This is quite an unique dodge maneuver technique for Lip, as you can move your opponents behind you, and even dodge projectiles this way. For example, if you see a Bob-Omb being thrown at you, you dodge it by letting it swap places with Lip and then continue it's direction. Lip can't get hit by projectiles because how cursor makes her temporarily invicible for the moment of swapping, which renders her very fast.

- If Quick Swap is used on a barrel, crate, Wario Bike or similar heavy items, Lip has little lag (as she pulls it with laboured expression her face.), and can't attack with it.

- There's also one minor mechanic implemented on this: as Lip can catch an opponent or an item, and switch places with him/it, or she can pull of few advanced techniques:

Passing The Bad Baton: If you've been just being thrown out of the stage, but you're making it near the edge to grab on, you might expect your opponent be there "edgeguarding" it, right?

If you time it right and use Quick Swap successfully right near your enemy, you'll swap the places with your opponent, which enables you to reach the ground successfully, being at your enemy's former place, while your opponent take your role as the one falling down on the stage, taking damage and some knockback which blows them farther away after the swap-- if they're just using an attack them makes them helpless, good for you, as they're rendered numb in midair after. Watch them plummet to their doom.

Drop The Tile: Also, when you're on an object ignoring gravity, for example, a floating platfom, you can tactically drop a dangerous item behind you by Quick Swapping it to make it hit opponents below you. This though is trickier to pull off, depending on the stage, and the items themselves- which is why it's more of a minor technique. An ideal items to pull this is a Smart Bomb, or a Crate. This technique is loosely based on the mechanic of being able to drop tiles in Panel De Pon:http://i.imgur.com/9oaAp.png

Origin: Quick Swap refers to the core mechanic of Puzzle League that uses a cursor to swap tiles around. See these pictures for it:

The Cursor: http://i.imgur.com/yeSlr.png

The Swapping: http://i.imgur.com/qHRBw.png

Dropping The Tile: http://i.imgur.com/9oaAp.png

Dropping the tiles have also translated for this move, albeit minorly as dropping enemies of the edge like in Yoshi's Egg Lay, albeit it doesn't paralyze them, or using the above mentioned "Drop The Tile"-technique.

Up B: Watabou (12% Damage, Medium Knockback.)

- The floating, fluffy balloon-like creature in which Lip is holding on in title screen for Panel de Pon appears to aid Lip. When you press Up-B, Watabou appears from underneath of Lip and catches a breeze, which makes it float up. Lip quickly grabs it's tail and holds into it, while drifting upward signifantly.

- Watabou though can't carry Lip long: it acts like a cotton flower, which is first taken with a windy breeze, then losing it after a moment, so it has to descend on the ground. Lip can hold into it while descending down, but after a while when Watabou loses the breeze, it will become heavier and starts to fall down with Lip.

When used on the ground, Lip jumps up and does the same, but the enemies near her are damaged by Watabou rapidly (like in Peach's Parasol) and at the top height of attack's range, the creature explodes into fluff of cotton! This deals 12% and decent knockback.
(This is intended to refer at Dr.Mario's Super Jump Punch.)

Origin: As mentioned above, Watabou appears at title screen for Panel De Pon. I took a cue from Floaty Fluffs from Super Mario Galaxy and made it like a huge cotton flower for Lip to glide on.

See Lip holding into Watabou here: http://i.imgur.com/5fZdL.png

Down B: Garbage Block. (16 - 27% Damage, Medium-High Horizontal Knockback)

- This is a chargaeble attack. Lip spins her wand around as it builds in magical power (which can be charged 4 seconds), and when you release the button, she shouts "Ikuso! while pointing her stick to the sky.
Suddenly, a pink, smiling garbage block decorated with floral patterns will rain down on front of her. Lip takes a second to do this attack and then become controllable again. Using this attack in the air renders Lip helpless.

- These will deal up to 15, to 27% damage, depending how long you've charged your garbage block. Lip can charge for 5 seconds, but is open to attack.
Garbage Blocks are great for stalling, but their best use comes from edgeguarding, as the Garbage Blocks (naturally) can meteor smash opponents if they're in midair.

- A regular, small block does 15% damage. However, the more you charge your attack, the more bigger garbage blocks you can summon, even up to five platforms high. 1 time of 15, Lip can get lucky and summon some extra junk blocks after the one she's charged attack on, which are regular, uncharged ones.

- When a garbage block has landed on the ground, it act can be picked up and thrown to act as an additional platform. Depending on it's size it gets heavier and more difficult to throw it up, if even pick it up at all. Lip can have only two of these garbage blocks on the ground. These are breakable like the platforms in Skyworld-stage in Brawl. The regular junk blocks have the same damage meter needed to be depleted to break them, but their durability increases in their size.

Origin: Puzzle League-series of course pit you use combos and chains to make garbage drop on your opponent. The more combo's you scored, the more wider your block became. The more you scored chains, it started to get layers and grow bigger:

Here's how it is like when you chain it once: (2x) http://i.imgur.com/B0ILE.png

And here's when you chain it two times (x3): http://i.imgur.com/3eEoh.png

and here's how you chain it three times: (x4):http://i.imgur.com/YBcB9.png

And have also look at how huge it is when it's been chained four times. (x5): http://i.imgur.com/zlBlN.png

Lip's garbage blocks will borrow her original design for them, which was referenced by Kirby's Stone-move in SSBM/SSBB.

Final Smash: Walk On Rainbow (Varying Damage of 10-80%, No Knockback)

" Before you read, I hugely recommend that you take a look at the origin of this move below, so you'll understand more how this move works like."

After you break the Smash Ball, the stage's background gets little cloudy- Suddenly, a huge feminine figure emerges in the same style as Palutena in Pit's Final Smash.

That's Lip's mother, Cordelia- She makes the stage much sunnier, while there's some drippling rain coming down. As the clouds go away, Lip looks delightedly up the sky. A rainbow slowly starts appear above her, (about a width of that of Battlefield) which is above the stage. She'll then run on top of it. This scenario takes though 3 seconds (Kinda like how Pit's Final Smash begins)

Now you get a another screen which lets you play Puzzle League! Score combos and chains by swapping the tiles and making same tiles connect with each other. As you score combos and chains like usually in Puzzle League-games, you build up Lip's power to her wand.

After 10-second play, the screen disappears, and Lip will unleash a huge flower spell that spreads across the stage. The effectiveness of the Final Smash is based on your skill: the range and the amount of flowers, the durability of the flowers on enemies' heads, and how rapidly they increase their damage meter.

Along with it Lip fills the stage in flowers of all kind as a temporary decoration (similar to how Mario Final leaves some flickering flare on ground after travelling along it.)-- The flowers though aren't there as temporary decoration: it seemingly slows down the characters. Thus, when Lip falls down from the rainbow after it poofs off at the end of the Final Smash, she can go knock her slowly-moving opponents out.

Tips Regarding The Final Smash

- To give this move a catch so it will not be overpowered, her attack isn't very effective if it's used on the ground, because the range of flower spell will be quite small, even if you score very well done chains and combos. Lip also can be hit during the time when she tries to pull of her final smash on the rainbow, and if hit enough times (depending on her damage), she'll flinch and loses control.

This is why you need to activate the Final Smash while being as high above the stage as you can: Lip's flower spell gets more range the more she's above the ground, and opponents also can't hit you so easily.

- While the enemies. enemies can also avoid being trapped in the huge flowerbed by staying airborne, but still, there's the flowers they have to remove. At the end, as mentioned above, the more well you do in scoring and make sure you use the final smash as high as you can above the stage, the more harder is for your opponents to avoid it and it's effects.

- As mentioned above, this move gets more effective and is very suited for you if you have played Puzzle League before, and are familiar with comboing and chaining.
How then, you ask?

As seen in Puzzle League/Panel De Pon in general, you don't though get very high score by just making three tiles connect together all the time: the combo's and more importantly, chains, give more points to add on your score than just regular tile connecting. So try to learn comboing and chaining, to really makes this Final Smash a killer. I recommend learning to skillchain, because that might really make your score get huge.

Thus, as you can see, Walk On The Rainbow's power depends on your skill, which is in context with Puzzle League's underlying competitive manner.

Origin: When browsing internet about what Lip was suggested to have as her Final Smash, I was dumbfounded by the fact that everyone thinks her final smash should consist her using panels and junk block to attack her opponent.
But of course, back in that time, I didn't any better clue as well, since I didn't anything that would be more incharacter to her.

Long time after, I started to watch a walkthrough of Captain Rainbow.
As the game's theme was to to help Nintendo's forgotten characters, there were one to two main missions to help them.(Lip had two missions)
In second mission where Nick regained his powers to create a rainbow above him, he had to help Lip on her second mission: at near end of it, he made out a huge rainbow for her. Lip ran on it, and then, she pulled of the same flower spell all over Mimin Island, filling many places in flowers.

Here's the video which showcases this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sIF9CrA2Rg&feature=player_detailpage#t=304s

This kind of magic spell as her final smash is more incharacter for her, besides Lip has always ran on rainbows during PDP: this has been referred on Captain Rainbow where she has a drawing on her room depicting herself on a rainbow. She also ran on a rainbow end credits of Panel De Pon. (Of course, Yoshi followed the suit

Shortly this Final Smash describes her love for rainbows and her powers a Flower Fairy. Also the mechanic is of Final Smash has been centered playing of Puzzle League/Panel De Pon successfully, to let Puzzle League-fans give out their best of their skill when they use it.

Taunts
:

Up Taunt: Lip throws her fist in the air and says "Yatta!" (Might be localised as: "Yeah!" )

Origin: Refers to her sprite from her stage in PDP when in one-player. She would always say ”Yatta!” when winning in the game, be it VS mode, 1P mode, etc.
See the pose here: http://i.imgur.com/K75Y2.png

Side Taunt: Lip takes a flower and smells it. Suddenly she makes a powerful sneeze, blowing off the petals of that poor flower.
The sneeze can push her opponents, but just a little bit.

Origin: According to Captain Rainbow she has developed an allergy for flowers, which Nick can help cure by getting her a medicine from Crazy Tracy's mansion.
The taunt also her humorous, seeing as she's ironically a "Fairy of Flowers".

Have a look at this origin here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aBlXQwzgj1w#t=2s

Down Taunt: Lip floats up, while enveloped by a gust that spins around her while carrying petals around.

Origin: Might be inspired by Lip's backdrop art from PDP which also had petals flying around her.

Victory Poses

1. Lip hops continuosly while saying Yatta!, but suddenly slips and falls on the ground, sitting. She smiles awkwardly while rubbing her behind and looks at the camera.

Origin: In Score Attack, when you get to last stage which features Thanatos, Lip had to use her powers to defeat him. When Lip gains victory, she'd hop happily and continuosly, while Thanatos plummets (somewhere) on his doom.
Here's the video showcasing this scene and Lip hopping for her victory afterwards: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nlpcv2U24nM#t=45s

The clumsiness is just there to make sure it's not a copy of Ice Climbers' Up Taunt in Brawl and one of their victory poses. Besides, it'll look quite cute.

2. Lip sits on her big yellow flower (as in the menu in Panel de Pon), and sits on it, while saying "Did you have fun?" in japanese.

Origin: As mentioned above the flower where she sits on is taken directly from Panel De Pon's menu: http://i.imgur.com/7SVok.png

The phrase she says in japanese is also taken from the second tutorial in tutorial mode of Panel De Pon where she would greet the player with almost same manner: http://i.imgur.com/wr8Nr.png

3. Lip's rabbit runs to her as she grabs it's paws and spins it around once playfully. Lip then holds the rabbit on her lap and winks for the camera.

Origin: Lip has a rabbit on her stage in single player mode for Panel De Pon (Endless, Time Attack, Puzzle, etc)

Lose Pose: Lip's sitting on the ground, looking sad while she looks to the grounded gloomily. In a common tradition for Puzzle League-series having characters, a panel occassionally drops on her.

Origin: When you get a game over in Panel De Pon, Lip's doing the same pose while panels are dropped on her. The pose looks like: this:http://www.intsys.co.jp/game/panepon/img/g/hana2.gif

Also, the tradition of dropping panels on the player in game over has occurred for Yoshi in Tetris Attack, and Ash in PKMN Puzzle League- This is kept intact for Lip in her losing pose.
See here: http://i.imgur.com/15jXz.png

/End moveset.

Thanks for reading. I really appreciate your time.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Quoted for the win. I want awesome unique characters that might be under or overpowered to others. How awesome would it be if I could murder someone as Tom Nook with a bugnet. True competitors will learn to exploit weaknesses and strengths of characters rather than using a "mario" ya dig?
The thing is we don't all use top 5 and in all the games I'm sure there at least success or money making from most characters. Lol biggest misconception from casuals to competitive.

Well, I wouldn't exactly want it unbalanced either, like Brawl for example, a character like Ganondorf was good in Melee but in Brawl he was horribly balanced.

I do somewhat agree, but I believe it should be balanced to a certain extent where it will make the game playable while at the same time minimizing broken characters.
This, and that's all competitive players want lol. (and good mechanics.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom