• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Androgyny/Cross-Dressing.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
But before I took the remedy, I'd take one ride on the Shortie rodeo then tell SWF about it.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Before I started keeping my hair short I used to get mistaken for a girl from time to time at work because of the really gender neutral uniforms. I remember some creepy old guy asking me for something before saying 'thanks, sweetheart' and slapping me on the ***, I wasn't impressed. My hair wasn't even that long (and normally not in my eyes, haha), not to mention the fact that I'm 6'2 and don't particularly look like a woman.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Like I've said earlier, people's perception of other people, especially their gender, can be influenced one way or another in a variety of manners. Their hairstyle, voice, actions, the aura they present, clothing, or their actual features.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
When I was 16 I would wear oversized fluffy coats and skinnies. I had long emo girl hair, and big sunglasses I would wear constantly. I wouldn't correct the subs then they would call me miss in school. My little brother told me some of his friends saw me and were like "That chick has a NICE ***", and he laughed and told them it was his brother.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm consistently mistaken as a girl a lot of the time as well because of my long hair. Amazing how people make such a leap from simply the length of hair.

Though honestly, a portion of those instances probably weren't genuine, and instead spiteful.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm consistently mistaken as a girl a lot of the time as well because of my long hair. Amazing how people make such a leap from simply the length of hair.

Though honestly, a portion of those instances probably weren't genuine, and instead spiteful.
Do they mistake you from behind or from the front? o.o

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
In my case, it's usually from the back, wide hips/large butt/long hair and all. When I'm wearing glasses, or sunglasses, I'm usually just mistaken, period.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
From the back, I should have specified on that. It makes more sense that way, but still baffles me that people do it.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Hey Rubyris, have you ever thought about undergoing a gender reassignment surgery? Are you unhappy as a male, or do you just enjoy dressing up like a woman?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Despite being attracted to effeminate guys, I dont think I'll ever understand wanting to dress like or be a girl. The only good thing about being a gay guy is not having to deal with female drama and the likes...and if i wanted to date a girl-look-a-likes i'd probably just date an actual girl.

But i know next to nothing about the subject so you can either enlighten me or ignore me.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
The subject is about gender identity/confusion. To sum up the course of the thread:

I came about about being a closet crossdresser, and possibly having a gender identity problem. Did more research/soul searching, decided that it was most likely that I do in fact have some sort of a gender identity issue. Whether I identify as a female, or if I just don't identify with conventional gender labels isn't clear. The main issue is that I absolutely do not identify as a male.

For me, it was never a fetish. Dressing like a girl was like stepping in to the perfect shoes, the tailor-made suit. Something about it seemed correct to me, deep down. I also as a general rule associated more with girls/women, and unconsciously acted like one for most of my life. Living in Arizona, and in our society where we're more prejudice against the abnormal made my life difficult, causing me to constantly question who I was, and spent most of my life trying to appear, and act more masculine, just out of self-defense.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

@Froggy:

To further enlighten you, I'm going through hormone replacement therapy. Once I'm far enough along, and more comfortable with my ability to pass in private, I'm going to be presenting full-time as a woman, to really test which gender, if any, I truly identify with. Surgery is very expensive, so one step at a time.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
i was taking my younger brothers trick-or-treating last halloween, and before we left this ladies house (she looked like she was in her mid to late 20's), she said "would your older sister like some candy too?"

i slept happy that night.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Ruby are you trolling. Because I did a google search on your first paragraph and saw that the only other site you posted this on was Gaia Online. If you posted this on some trans, pans, or what have you then I definitely would have taken you to be serious, but given the discrepancy in your seeming conviction to make this work based on the tone of your posts in contrast with the fact that... well you're using gaming sites to receive some advice I really don't see how you really are achieving your stated motive.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
well he said he posted it on /jp and /adv on 4chan. google wouldn't show it because threads expire on 4chan and i doubt it was archived.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I've posted on /tg on 420, /adv and /jp on 4ch, asktg on reddit, on gaia, on swf, i've been talking to professionals, and i have quite a few trans friends.

It's just my way of reaching out to my communities. If I can't feel comfortable among the gaming communities, how could I function in normal society?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
1. Ruby change your gorfdam avatar.

Thanks I love you hi.

2. Yal have all the time in the Universe to be a subsequent gender upon reincarnation gosh dam.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Unless I find another character I like that's wearing Grado Labs headphones, I probably won't change my avatar.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Those definitely aren't grado headphones, lul. Also, not a Tewi fan.

Secondly, why should I spend the rest of my life dealing with dysphoria, hoping that when I die, a magical, unproven phenomena will let me respawn as a girl, or some other gender? Are you saying that I should attempt to live the rest of my life as a man, when doing so is the main cause of my depression? Just think about that. You're basically telling me to suffer for the rest of my life.

Honestly, that post, out of context, is very rude.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Not to mention that while there's a good chance you'd come back as a woman, the chance of you coming back as something that can wear dresses is very low. Pretty much only dogs and cats owned by crazy cat ladies that make their cats wear dresses made for dogs are the other options. Wouldn't count on the latter.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Haha I don't know what Grado headphones are. But it's actually fine now because I'm starting to see some personality from you which was the main concern with that avatar.

There's nothing "magical" about reincarnation. Your spirit will simply materialize in a different body.

You don't need to suffer. You just need to make peace with your spirit. Why did it choose this form in this life time? We choose these things because we have something to learn from them.

Heck I hated middle school with a passion. If I could have chosen, I wouldn't have gone, yet I was forced to attend nearly everyday for 3 years. Despite that, I would be lying if I said I didn't gain some sort of experience during my time there and, no matter how small, it has still shaped who I am today.

Rather than suffer, look into how you can remove conscious barriers and access why your spirit chose this form.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
we should just make the most out of what we have now. even if we have to manipulate our bodies, it's better than feeling miserable and uncomfortable yknow?

Corigames

Smash Hero
There's nothing "magical" about reincarnation. Your spirit will simply materialize in a different body.
The irony in that statement is so great that it should be on a shirt or something.

Rather than suffer, look into how you can remove conscious barriers and access why your spirit chose this form.
So should cancer children look to their spirits so that can access why their spirit chose that form instead of seeking therapy? Should diabetics ask their spirit why they are that way instead of getting insulin shots? Lol

That's probably what people told Darwin about evolution.
And then the icing on the cake: comparing an observable, testable phenomenon to a speculation about things we can't even know are real.

Plllllllease tell me I just got trolled and you aren't for real about this.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
we should just make the most out of what we have now. even if we have to manipulate our bodies, it's better than feeling miserable and uncomfortable yknow?
This is perfectly fine except for the scratched out part. You should still be like hey yo wsup spirit son ah yah i dig i dig

@cori: see above. It doesn't have to be a one or the other thing, but still if you don't look for the source of the issue, then it's just going to repeat

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
The issue: ****ing dysphoria. No unprovable phenomena is going to help my very real issues.

...I shouldn't be getting as mad as I am at those posts. Ugh.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
I have no idea wtf dysphoria is.

And it is provable. You just gotta open up your mind yo. I'll link you two video's to help you out. It will take some more research though.

I can think in my head "man i love cheese", but I can't "prove" it to you even though I know I thought it. The same situation will apply when you get in touch with your spirit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TCmvrvwbRs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqVV2u_1ADA

cannedbread

Smash Lord
this is an elaborate troll or i'm just ****ing dumb

if you're trolling 8.6/10 it's definitely working.

edit: he may not be trolling.
dysphoria is a general indifference to everything around you. it's linked to depression and stuff.

Top Bottom