• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Androgyny/Cross-Dressing.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well I dunno about him, but even though there's a lot you can do even if you don't have a lot to work with, there's still only so much you can do to make yourself look the way you want to outside of extremes like cosmetic surgery.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm confident that I can satisfy myself emotionally. I don't expect to be the perfect little teenybopper trap, given my body type. I have some decent existing feminine traits that I'd like to accentuate, and work off of, though long term goals are to work against my existing masculine traits. Focus on slimming my neck, jawline, waist, calf's, shoulders, and biceps, then work on trying to round out my hips, and lips, soften my skin, style my hair, etc.

I'm trying to avoid things that are super drastic.

:phone:

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
May I ask what it is about them that you envy?
Ill apologize in advance because I have a tendency of ramble and not make sense.

Ive always found people that can go past the expectations that most of society has whether in appearance or mindset really interesting.

Theres also just something I find very alluring/pretty about a person who can look either gender, in a way it sort of makes gender both more important yet less important (I dont know how to word that well at all, sorry)

It also just seems really fun to pull off, heh.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm happy you find us interesting. It's very refreshing being treated well, receiving well wishes, and given advice and support. I wish I grew up with people like you guys, rather than putting on a facade throughout my life.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Be careful, the people in the smash scene can be jerks about some things.
Someone has already crossdressed at smash tourneys.. I met a guy at Apex 2010 who was a trap. Ended up arguing with my car pool if he was a trap or not.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
There was a cute brawler at Genesis 2 wearing a lucario hat, and wearing naught but what looked like an oversized white sweater, and boyshorts. If he wasn't obviously underage, I would have found it more awesome.

I really hate being attracted to jailbait. :/

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
There was a cute brawler at Genesis 2 wearing a lucario hat, and wearing naught but what looked like an oversized white sweater, and boyshorts. If he wasn't obviously underage, I would have found it more awesome.

I really hate being attracted to jailbait. :/

Haha, that's the trap in the hat, FlameWaveK. He's pretty awesome.

Anyway, I have no advice to give, as I said on AIM. I'm just not into crossdressing, lol.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Ah, alright. But, yeah, seriously, I always feel extremely awkward around jailbait traps. There was one in my city who was very self-aware and was very flirty and friendly with his friends, even people 5-10 years older than him, myself included.

Note: genesis 2 was before my diet.

<3 you Emily. :3

Seraphiel

Smash Rookie
lol why are you asking us =/ i don't think there's many females on SWF, much less guys that want to look like females. you'd probably be better off asking people on a site dedicated to this kind of thing.

just my two cents. good luck

BOOOOO!

Anyhow Ruby, I think your best bet is to get out in your community and find people who are like you and who are tolerant. I am not sure about your local scene but some bars and clubs in this area are incredibly diverse.
If you ever get the chance, visit Provincetown, MA for Fantasia fair, Oct. 14-21 this year.
The ******** are ever-present in Ptown but the week is full of everyone from amazingly meticulous CDs to hairy, beefy guys who just like to wear panties, wigs and skirts.

I am relatively new to these forums and I applaud your bringing your queries here. A community that struggles for recognition and acceptance can ill afford to be judgmental or close-minded.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If you ever get the chance, visit Provincetown, MA for Fantasia fair, Oct. 14-21 this year.
The ******** are ever-present in Ptown but the week is full of everyone from amazingly meticulous CDs to hairy, beefy guys who just like to wear panties, wigs and skirts.
That actually sounds pretty cool. MA is... Maine?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I was planning on moving to new Jersey in August, but that may have fallen.through due to circumstances beyond my control.

Seraphiel

Smash Rookie
MA is Massachusetts. Provincetown is a beautiful town on the very tip of Cape Cod.

Of course, if you have the courage to be a pioneer in your local community and live as you are and want to be then I completely support that, but there is also no shame in seeking out a community that feels like home.

It is also great to see subjects of similar note being addressed more often in video games

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well I live in Toronto so it's not really the least accepting of places. When I move out of my parents' place I'm probably going to try to find an apartment in the gay village area.

Mostly I was really worried about losing my friends at one point (thankfully I didn't), and am really worried about losing my job atm. Even though I'm doing fantastically there, people can be *******es.

Also oooh, Cape Cod. That sounds amazing.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Bridget's first to come to mind for me, but then again I main Bridget in GG, so yeah.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
That's awesome!

It really irks me when people say my favorites could never, when many of my favorites wrote the book on many aspects of music today

Ice Prince

Smash Cadet
Bridget from Guilty Gear is always whom I think of--he's a wonderful example.

Final Fantasy has a plethora of androgynous/fem guys (I'm most familiar with this since I'm a big FF buff :p). Cloud, Sephiroth, Kuja, Vaan, Larsa, Kadaj, and Yazoo just to name a few.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
*How to appear more feminine, naturally.

Apart from getting rid of all the body facial hair you can, there really isn't any other way. You're either androgynous by nature or you're not

*Ways to be louder, with a softer tone of voice. I can speak in a refined, neutral voice at low volumes, but I'm not sure how to project, or even yell. I want to avoid falsetto as much as possible.

You know when you raise your voice to indicate a question? Think about the sort of principle, but obv don't make stuff sound like a question, but rather just allow that increase in pitch carry forward as you increase the volume of your voice.

I dunno, I have a naturally soft voice that increases in pitch as I raise my voice anyway, but if I were to think about it, what I said above would probably be the best way.

*When would be a good time to start taking testosternone blockers? I'm 5'4, so should I start at 150lbs, or closer to 130?

Ask an expert.

*Should I take dietary supplements, or just stick with a ketogenic diet? I'm considering taking stimulants that melt fat cells, but would like opinions/to do more research.

Eat less carbs and do more exercise, no need for supplements and stuff.

*Feminine hairstyles for a male with a naturally round face.

Something shorter imo (short by female standards)

*Techniques for thinning eyebrows

Threading.

*Ways to bring more life, and vibrance to sunken-in eyes.

Sleep more, eye drops, good diet, be happy.

*Ways to slim my muscles. I'm naturally VERY muscuclar, despite not working out.

I dunno I imagine female hormones will take care of that.

*How to properly apply make up.

What kind of make up? Women are rather spoiled for choice when it comes to tarting themselves up.

*clothes to buy.

Anything you like that doesn't accentuate your masculine features.

Of course I don't really know that much but I thought I may as well I mean you did ask \o_o/

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lowering your protein intake will do relatively little other than possibly cause ill effects to your health depending on how much you lower it.

Your body will always be significantly muscular if you are a healthy male because men have strong musculature and little body fat, women are the opposite way round, with far more body fat compared to muscle.

Honestly the only way I can think of decreasing muscle mass significantly as a male is exceptionally dangerous, which is why I'm not going to recommend it. XD

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well it's simple really, your body burns body fat when it's low on energy and there has been no calorific intake for a good while.

When your fat reserves run out, your body will start breaking down muscle.

Starving yourself = the worst thin you could possibly do, you will look gaunt and horrific and not at all like an attractive female, just a wretched man.

A good thing to do would be to eat a light dinner, and try to reduce protein intake before you go to bed. Often your muscles are also broken down during sleep to keep the amino acid content in the blood at regular levels.

Still though it's just a bad idea not to just eat a balanced diet, trying to manipulate your body is sort of tricky business and something that you should take the utmost level and care to avoid any sort of permanent or serious damage.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Your body eats fat of you're low on carbs for 48; ketosis. Its the entire premises of low-carb diets.

I'm a biochem major it's okay I'm not entirely ignorant.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Your goals are physically unhealthy and I cannot condone anything like that.

I mean if you wanted to do an MtF transition under the supervision of experts that's an entirely different story, but from what I understand you want to be a feminine boy. This is fine, but it seems you're going to extreme lengths to sculpt certain physical features, in a way that is not at all good for your body.

I suppose I can't really talk considering how little regard I have for my own health, but I can't really encourage unhealthy practices.

I would say you should exercise though, but you're probably concerned about building muscle, which won't happen if you do endurance/cardio rather than strength/power.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Extreme stuff may not be necessary, just getting suggestions.

Right now I'm on a combination of low Carb and calorie restriction. Less than 20 carbs a day, 12 from vegetables, 1200 calories a day. My diet mostly consists of water, lean meats, eggs, and foundation vegetables. I'd eat red meat more often but I have little control over what my school serves me.

Right now I'm just getting myself physically, and mentally ready for crossdressing. I'm paying special attention to skin care, plumping my lips in natural ways, and retraining myself to speak, and act differently. Right now my biggest barrier is the money barrier.

As a quick edit: would someone be willing to help me formulate a work out regiment?
:phone:if focusing purely on cardio won't cause muscle growth, I'm all for it. Anything to slim my stomach, thighs, and neck.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Trans friend reporting in.
AZ is cool. They excepted me when I looked like ****. Now I'm a bit more passable and the only difference is I get more "she"s than "he"s now.
You've got a bad rep, here on the boards and still with some people in AZ. Some people might give you hell that they didn't give me, but **** them. Not butt **** them, just **** em.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
As a quick edit: would someone be willing to help me formulate a work out regiment?
:phone:if focusing purely on cardio won't cause muscle growth, I'm all for it. Anything to slim my stomach, thighs, and neck.
I can't formulate a routine, but what I can say is that muscle growth comes from stressing the muscle fibres enough that they tear and repair stronger.

As long as you avoid doing anything that puts an immediate strain on your muscles (heavier weights being the obvious example), you should be okay.

If you look at long distance runners, they are all very skinny, because they forgo bulk as much as possible and maximise the endurance of their muscles. So yeah it's all about low intensity but long duration.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
That's going to take some time getting used to. I've always been an HIIT person back when I was in to sports/played in the groove.

I sprinted, and did 100m relay in track, and I was one of those guys routinely playing 10+ footers in DDR/itg until around the end of 2006 when my family has their wages frozen/lost jobs and couldn't afford that stuff anymore

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Keep it simple, go running/biking. If you have poor endurance you should probably start with biking, I know I tried to start running immediately and ran intosome huge troubles.

It's all about a steady pace. Don't push yourself too hard, and obviously listening to music helps while you're out.

Top Bottom