• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

OK'Ssuka?

Smash Cadet
yea, we also need a whole subforum. Why does AiB have one and we dont?
I think I have stated it before. I think the reason why we (meaning members of AiB) have a subforum for hacking in AiB is because nealdt and/or another uber mod/high ranking member of the staff was/were gracious enough to form a subforum for those interested in hacks, plus as a way to consolidate and organize the codes and threads that were popping up in the "Brawl Discussion" thread.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I think I have stated it before. I think the reason why we (meaning members of AiB) have a subforum for hacking in AiB is because nealdt and/or another uber mod/high ranking member of the staff was/were gracious enough to form a subforum for those interested in hacks, plus as a way to consolidate and organize the codes and threads that were popping up in the "Brawl Discussion" thread.
Well yeah, that's generally why one would make a subforum for something such as that. That's the exact reason we need one too. (Not trying to sound aggressive or anything, just explaining/agreeing with you... if that makes sense)

B.W.

Smash Champion
The Captain Falcon in Melee 2.0 video is no longer on youtube, so that link leads to no where.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
why not? I thought the general problem with brawl was how easy it is to compete with top players. Its the same problem with why ppl dont like MK. Difficulty rewards the player who spends time learning it. When you have something as easy as s canceling, it doesnt reward the better player. Things that add to your game and make you a better player should take time to learn and be challenging otherwise there is no point.
It's a lot easier in Brawl, but the best players still win constantly. Plus, it's only one tactic. If the entire game was that way, then it would be a problem, but you still have to figure out how to use this most efficiently and form strategies around it. That is what will separate the noobs from the experienced players
People don't like MK because he is easy to use, yes, but it's not legitimate argument (for his ban).
no matter how easy to use they are, you can still be just as good with a harder to learn character.
For example:
In Team Fortress 2, the Pyro is undoubtedly the easiest class to play as. Therefore, lots of people play Pyro.
The Spy is undoubtedly the Hardest class to use. Therefore, the Spy requires more skill to play well compared to the Pyro.
Does this mean that the game revolves around Pyros?
No.
There are some amazing Spies out there, and some pretty good Pyros.
As long as you are willing to practice, you can be just as good with a Spy as someone can with a Pyro.
Now, does this make Pyros broken?
No. In fact I think there are a couple classes that are actually better than the Pyro. (Medic and Demo)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
This revelation might just make me turn my Wii on again. I'd need a speed hack and hit stun hack, and gravity hack first though that turn Brawl into Melee :p

kupo15

Smash Hero
Well, idk much about that game. I agree with you that even though s canceling is easy to do, it still takes time to learn how to use it effectively which will separate the noobs from the advanced. But adding another level of difficulty by not only practicing l cancel applications, but to be able to press the l button at the risk of missing a cancel separates the advanced from the pros. What I dont understand is why ppl prefer the s canceling and say that its ok for it to be super easy to do when 64 and melee required skill. And in those games, noone complained about the difficulty (not saying you are) or thought it was a bad idea to require a little bit of tech skill by pressing l every time (not saying you are again)

Its wasnt broken to begin with so it doesnt need to be fixed. (as far as activation)

EDIT: Rhubarbo: The game is plenty fast with l canceling (and wavedashing even though i dont use it). If you want to turn it into melee 2.0 be my guest, but for me, I just want the core mechanics of smash (no tripping, l canceling, and hitstun maybe no auto sweet spot even though im used to it) put in brawl. I like brawl the way it is but it lacks the core mechanics to be smash bros. I think those need to be addressed before importing melee specific things

zxeon

Smash Lord
The subforum at AiB seems to more about segregation than a favor. It's tucked away under general brawl discussion to keep it out of the way. If we get a subforum it should be either Super Smash Bros. Brawl, or have its own forums.

B.W.

Smash Champion
It's a lot easier in Brawl, but the best players still win constantly. Plus, it's only one tactic. If the entire game was that way, then it would be a problem, but you still have to figure out how to use this most efficiently and form strategies around it. That is what will separate the noobs from the experienced players
People don't like MK because he is easy to use, yes, but it's not legitimate argument (for his ban).
no matter how easy to use they are, you can still be just as good with a harder to learn character.
For example:
In Team Fortress 2, the Pyro is undoubtedly the easiest class to play as. Therefore, lots of people play Pyro.
The Spy is undoubtedly the Hardest class to use. Therefore, the Spy requires more skill to play well compared to the Pyro.
Does this mean that the game revolves around Pyros?
No.
There are some amazing Spies out there, and some pretty good Pyros.
As long as you are willing to practice, you can be just as good with a Spy as someone can with a Pyro.
Now, does this make Pyros broken?
No. In fact I think there are a couple classes that are actually better than the Pyro. (Medic and Demo)
Well, good putting TF2 in the mix there, and what you said about it is all true. I play spy and it's hard as a *****, but it is by no means impossible to be beaten.

But in Brawl what we need is something that's difficult to do to seperate the players. What's the fun in practicing if you can't get better than people? If a newbie can be on the same level as someone that's been playing for years, then there's no reason to practice as it's pretty much impossible to get good since good doesn't exist.

This is why l-canceling needs to be there over s-canceling. I understand you point where it will take time to learn s-canceling's application, but l-canceling will definitely give you more options as to how you want to fight, as it increases mobility where s-canceling completely stops you. With s-canceling you can't go in for a second attack as you could with l-canceling because once your shield is up, you can't move until it goes down. But eventually your opponents damage is going to be so high that he's going to fly too far, and you're not going to be able to get to him fast enough.

L-canceling also gives you a reason to practice as apposed to s-canceling where anyone can do it right off the bat, thus giving you more fun times. After all, in Melee (for an example) the people I know always have the most fun practicing for competing, rather than the competing itself.

OK'Ssuka?

Smash Cadet
Videos Thus Far In This Thread, not including the OP's

I think we need a big, yet organized video dump thread. With different sections for "X vs Y" So it's easier to find and see matches.
The Key:
=====================
Melee Air Dodge (WD)
S-Cancel (S)
L-Cancel (L)

EXAMPLE
Video Link [\ url] (WD / S / L) [...m/watch?v=CL_yZ1YSnsw]SSBB - Wavedashing hack (WD)

=====================

oliwonder
Brawl Link Melee Airdodge Demo(WD / L)

=====================

Vulcan55
Hackin' Barlw - Can't Run-on-dorf (S)
Hackin' Barlw - GO WEEGEE (WD / S)
Hackin' Barlw - Hot Ike on Ike action (WD / S)
Hackin' Barlw - 64 Style (S)

=====================

GameStation aka C4?!
Demon-Stration 2 (WD / L)

=====================

0WN1N VS. Makkun

0WN1N (Lucas) VS. Makkun (Marth) WD Match 1 (WD)
0WN1N (PT) VS. Makkun (CF) WD Match 2 (WD)
0WN1N (Luigi) VS. Makkun (Snake) WD Match 3 (WD)
0WN1N (Link) VS. Makkun (Falco) WD Match 4 (WD)

0WN1N (CF) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 1 (WD / S)
0WN1N (CF) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 2 (WD / S)
0WN1N (CF) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 3 (WD / S)

0WN1N (PT) VS. ANTZ! (Falco) (WD / S)

0WN1N (Mario) VS. ANTZ! (Wario) (WD / S)

0WN1N (Samus) VS. ANTZ! (Peach) (WD / S)

0WN1N (Marth) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 1 (WD / S)
0WN1N (Marth) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 2 (WD / S)
0WN1N (Marth) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 3 (WD / S)

0WN!N (Ganondorf) VS. ANTZ! (DDD) (WD / S)

0WN!N (Ganondorf) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 1 (WD / S)
0WN!N (Ganondorf) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 2 (WD / S)
0WN!N (Ganondorf) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 3 (WD / S)

0WN!N (Kirby) VS. ANTZ! (Falco) (WD / S)

0WN1N (TL) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 1 (WD / S)
0WN1N (TL) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 2 (WD / S)
0WN1N (TL) VS. ANTZ! (Link) 3 (WD / S)

0WN1N (PT) VS. ANTZ! (Peach) (WD / S)

0WN1N (Wario) VS. ANTZ! (Mario) (WD / S)

0WN1N (Luigi) VS. ANTZ! (Mr. G&W) (WD / S)
0WN1N (CF) VS. ANTZ! (Mr. G&W) (WD / S)

=====================

The subforum at AiB seems to more about segregation than a favor. It's tucked away under general brawl discussion to keep it out of the way. If we get a subforum it should be either Super Smash Bros. Brawl, or have its own forums.
Perhaps...then again, the Brawl Community interested in hacks and entertaining the idea of hacking the game for kicks and/or for balance are the minority. The way I see it, we were fortunate enough to have a sub-forum and webspace specifically reserved with this so to discuss hacks and news related to hacking, such as the SBR Potential Project...eh...I don't really see the hack code enthusiasts in AiB being segregated by having a board of their own...at least for me, it is a convenient place to go to whenever something hack related appears on the scene...

5ive

Smash Champion
Anyone consider Melee 2.0 as a Brawl subtype? Meaning it will not replace brawl, but will be there as a gametype. Such as Halo with their different types of games (Slayer, Griffball, Oddball)

B.W.

Smash Champion
Nice list OK'Ssuka. Though might I suggest putting in what the video shows? Like S-canceling, L-canceling, etc.

Because I know at this point different people are looking at different things, and some of us are even looking for both for comparisons as to which would be better.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Anyone consider Melee 2.0 as a Brawl subtype? Meaning it will not replace brawl, but will be there as a gametype. Such as Halo with their different types of games (Slayer, Griffball, Oddball)
Not so much a gametype... I think Brawl+ will eventually develop into an entire side-community. Especially with how simple and safe it is to hack a Wii.

5ive

Smash Champion
Should this be adressed to SBR?
I think learning the 2.0 as a subtype would be fun :p
We don't have to wait for SSB4 :)

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Should this be adressed to SBR?
I think learning the 2.0 as a subtype would be fun :p
We don't have to wait for SSB4 :)
Yes, I think it should be. In fact I used this as a major point in my Smash Back Room application so hopefully I can bring a major component of Brawl+ to the SBR personally.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Yes, I think it should be. In fact I used this as a major point in my Smash Back Room application so hopefully I can bring a major component of Brawl+ to the SBR personally.
And we will love you for it.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
And we will love you for it.
I just really hope I get accepted. x_x I think being part of the SBR would help the Brawl+ community immensely, as well as helping myself become a more knowledgable Smasher.

The only problem is there is close to no Smash community in my area, so I'm not nearly as skilled at Brawl as I should be. Although playing Brawl+ online with Falco400, Cero, and unseen_killa has already helped my game immensely. Not having any local competition just really limits me, and I hope that the SBR can see through that, since I definitely will have an opportunity to learn, and learn FAST about the top level of Brawl. (I took a 2-3 month break after my ISJR thing faded, came back the DAY the wavedashing code was released) I'd watch every Brawl video depicting the highest levels of play and study them each intensely if that's what it took for me to be a BRoomer. I'm also really interested in studying the technical aspects of Smash (See: ISJR thread), and I hope to be getting a USB Gecko as soon as I get money.

OK'Ssuka?

Smash Cadet
Previous post containing the videos have been updated. Please see if I am missing anything in the descriptions.

Revven

FrankerZ
Two more vids (this is all for today).

0WN1N (Luigi) VS. ANTZ! (Mr. G&W)
0WN1N (CF) VS. ANTZ! (Mr. G&W)

You guys have no idea how annoyed I was at Mr. G&W's approach game now. He can approach with the Fair SO much now because he can cancel it, which makes it so much more useful compared to before. It didn't help that with CF, Antz kept ducking from my smashes so I couldn't kill him.

I'll NEVER fight G&W again with CF, EVER. (Unless I know I can win by skill level).

5ive

Smash Champion
*Sigh*
Implementing Melee 2.0 as a subtype will be really awesome, and will increase the smash community and depth.

If anyone here is in the SBR, please spread this.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
OMG I just tried Wavedashing and L-canceling... Ike, Ganon, and Bowser are all TOO GOOD. It's just a much better game now. Oh, and Toon Link can just Fair and Bair all day long, it's kind of scary. ChiboSempai might be uploading the vids, I'll have to ask him.

EDIT: Oh, and guys... If we want any respect at all from Melee vets we have to drop the S-canceling thing. It's just so easy it's ********, really. I still wouldn't be against a timed Z-cancel, but S-cancel just breaks the game all over again.

zxeon

Smash Lord
OMG I just tried Wavedashing and L-canceling... Ike, Ganon, and Bowser are all TOO GOOD. It's just a much better game now. Oh, and Toon Link can just Fair and Bair all day long, it's kind of scary. ChiboSempai might be uploading the vids, I'll have to ask him.

EDIT: Oh, and guys... If we want any respect at all from Melee vets we have to drop the S-canceling thing. It's just so easy it's ********, really. I still wouldn't be against a timed Z-cancel, but S-cancel just breaks the game all over again.
Yeah, no more S-cancel.

I was just on the gamefaqs boards and talk about Brawl+ and it's threads are all over the boards.

Also, whoever posted it did a good job of pitching the idea. That post looks oddly familiar too...

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
I still don't understand the obsession over L-Cancelling. Reducing laggy moves, sure. But what's so appealing about an extra button press that there is never a disadvantage to performing it? It's not like not L-cancelling ever gives you alternative options, just L-Cancelling is always better than not L-cancelling.

zxeon

Smash Lord
I still don't understand the obsession over L-Cancelling. Reducing laggy moves, sure. But what's so appealing about an extra button press that there is never a disadvantage to performing it? It's not like not L-cancelling ever gives you alternative options, just L-Cancelling is always better than not L-cancelling.
Some characters don't need it some do. It gives you the option to use a character with laggy attacks and not get punished as often by characters with really fast attacks, but you already knew that.

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
Some characters don't need it some do. It gives you the option to use a character with laggy attacks and not get punished as often by characters with really fast attacks, but you already knew that.
I did already know that. But why is everyone so hung up about the button press? Why not just reduce the lag on all these moves by a percentage? What's the practical difference for two technically perfect players?

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
I did already know that. But why is everyone so hung up about the button press? Why not just reduce the lag on all these moves by a percentage? What's the practical difference for two technically perfect players?
Because no matter how technically perfect you are, there is still a chance that you will miss hitting your LCancel, and you will most-likely be punished for it. There's the hope of punishment; and really. LCanceling is fun. <_< Just from pressing my L trigger I have much more fun playing the game. It's odd. I'm sure a lot of players can agree with me.

*Edit: The name works. :]*

-Nox`

Top Bottom