• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

$550 SSBB/SSBM PROS COMING! CoF: ANGRY SHINOBI CIRCUS 02/20-21/10 WINTHROP HARBOR, IL

yoshq

Smash Master
i know how you feel lol.

disrupted sleeping patterns can, like it or not, contribute to illnesses later in life and shorter life span. and it makes you bad at brawl... oh wait

Wafles

Smash Lord
My sleeping patterns are very consistent. I've been consistently going to bed at 6 AM and waking up at 2 PM

Fits my work schedule at the moment too, so it's pretty nice, but it's gonna be fun going back to normal in a couple weeks.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
YO!!! TX rep dat ****!!!! crossJ. lemme know what games you're interested in playing in.

GUYS THIS TOURNAMENT WILL BE HERE SOONER THAN YOU THINK!!! LET'S GET IT HYPE!!!! SET THE ROOF OFF THIS MOTHER....

"SHUT YO MOUTH"...

WHAT? I WAS GONNA SAY DUCK ROGERS CAFE[/b]. :bee:

Buuda

Smash Apprentice
Guyssss!!! Connect Four Side-tourney Is Being Offered! Get Into That Hyyyyyyyypeeeee!!!!! Rules Were Posted Before, Check 'em Out! I'll Repost 'em Soon! Xd

Buuda

Smash Apprentice
Competitive Connect Four (WI and IL Power-Rankings to come). This is NOT a joke.
So, at the last MAS there was some intense Connect Four play. Between the rapidly advancing metagame and Webster's erratic cries of joy and astonishment, it was then decided... that Connect Four was going to be hosted at the next MAS tournament. Additionally, I have taken it upon myself to develop a solid rule set and establish the Power Rankings! (Panelists needed!)

So, firstly, I'm going to take a horrendous crack at a mission statement:

To provide a lighter but still intense atmosphere for gamers and improve Connect Four skill and general critical thinking. Also, simply to provide personal enjoyment for any who wish to play or view games.

(Also to hear Webster flip out moar because it brings immense joy to everyone. :D )

The rules are as such:

1) Red moves first on the first game. Players can decide amongst themselves which player is red (Rock Paper Scissors is always a good method. Coin tosses are effective as well.)
2) Regular matches will be best 2 out of 3 games. In the result of a draw, it will be disregarded and play will continue until one player has two wins. Grand Finals will consist of matches that are best 3 of 5. Winner must gain victory by two wins in grand finals.
3) The loser of the first game goes first second game, and same applies to second and third game. In the result of a draw, again, players will decide amongst themselves who will move first in the following game, using either a coin toss or Rock, Paper, Scissors.
4) Overwhelmingly broken AT's are banned. This includes, but is not limited to:

* The Buuda Double-Chip-Drop (and anything involving the dropping of more than one chip in a single turn)
* The Buuda Chip-Dump Glitch
* The Buuda Chip-Removal Glitch
* The Chip-Snatch (Stealing an opponents chips while he/she isn't looking in order to force him/her to have less turns)

5) There is a 5-time use cap on Board Flipping per player. Only one flip is allowed per turn between both players.

*Mind games are encouraged, but whispering sexy poetry in your opponent's ear is discouraged, and use of such or similar methods in overwhelming excess may result in your forfeit of the game. The match will continue to the next game assuming that the forfeit did not result in your opponent getting 2 wins in the case of a regular match, or winning by 2 if it is a grand finals match.

Power Rankings are not yet established, but I will try to get some up after the first tournament, seeing as how there has been no real competitive play as of yet. Again, I'm looking for panelists!

So, get to that first tourney and fight for those rankings-to-come!

"If this **** ain't hype, I don't know what is!!!" - Webster

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
2) Regular matches will be best 2 out of 3 games. In the result of a draw, it will be disregarded and play will continue until one player has two wins. Grand Finals will consist of matches that are best 3 of 5. Winner must gain victory by two wins in grand finals.

5) There is a 5-time use cap on Board Flipping per player. Only one flip is allowed per turn between both players.
WTF is flipping and it should just be same bracket/ grand finals/ finals setup as brawl and melee

Akashi

Smash Lord
lol I seriously doubt you'd win Marvel Kenni. But if you'd like to play, maybe I can set up some casuals at the tournament.

Akashi: the **** are terrible in Marvel. It's one of the few fighting games where Americans are gdlk. Marvel combos are insane hard to do. Yes you can infinite (0-death), but it's sooo situational it's not even funny.

Marvel is truly one of the most technical (thank you tapion for helping me understand this definition of this EPIC WORD) fighting games in the entire world.

Edit: LMFAO akashi I must have misread what u meant in your post. My bad. ;) But what I posted above, is still very true. :bee:

TvC: U.A.S - I'ma try it folks, so should you!!!
REALLY late, but sorry I meant TvC2 the jps version. lol

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. So about the Ike pending ban thing.
Imo banning Ike is completely unfair and I can back it up with data.

I went to Ashunera's Library and asked for the general consensus of Ike's match up ratios for low tiers. Posted below is each character match-up; but in summary:

Ike's best match up is against Ganondorf at 65-35.
Of 13 playable characters, Ike has two 60-40 match ups; five 55-45 match ups, four 50-50 match ups, and one 40-60 match up.

That's nowhere *near* being an MK of low tiers. If you are going to ban someone, then ban MK from normal brawl.

D
Bowser 55-45
Zelda 55-45/60-40
Pokemon Trainer 55-45/60-40
Ike

E
Lucas 55-45
Mario 50-50/45-55
Ness 50-50
Yoshi 50-50/55-45
Samus 40-60

F
Jigglypuff 60-40
Captain Falcon 60-40
Link 55-45
Ganondorf 65-35

Wafles

Smash Lord
I like how you're using matchup data when really it's just a teams issue.
Ike is fine to deal with in low tier singles, but low tier doubles ike is just way too easy.

At least that's how I see it.

Akashi

Smash Lord
It's the same thing, regardless if it's singles or doubles. If you're talking about double Ike, then remember that he runs into the SAME problems as any ditto doubles team: lack of variety. Why do you think double MK is actually more worse than good? Because their flaws are vocalized even more when your partner can't cover your weakness with their own strength. Double Ike is good, but it has its problems too; and their problems can be exploited.

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
I like how you're using matchup data when really it's just a teams issue.
Ike is fine to deal with in low tier singles, but low tier doubles ike is just way too easy.
I like how you don't use match up data or even an example. How is double Ike "too easy"? There's no instant kill like MK + Snake. Heck Ike can't even cover for himself off stage like MK can in MK + MK.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Imo zelda ***** ike o_O

Also, stop *****ing about ike.
hes one of the few people i can beat :} and akashis ike is terrible.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Hey guys. So about the Ike pending ban thing.
Imo banning Ike is completely unfair and I can back it up with data.

I went to Ashunera's Library and asked for the general consensus of Ike's match up ratios for low tiers. Posted below is each character match-up; but in summary:

Ike's best match up is against Ganondorf at 65-35.
Of 13 playable characters, Ike has two 60-40 match ups; five 55-45 match ups, four 50-50 match ups, and one 40-60 match up.

That's nowhere *near* being an MK of low tiers. If you are going to ban someone, then ban MK from normal brawl.

D
Bowser 55-45
Zelda 55-45/60-40
Pokemon Trainer 55-45/60-40
Ike

E
Lucas 55-45
Mario 50-50/45-55
Ness 50-50
Yoshi 50-50/55-45
Samus 40-60

F
Jigglypuff 60-40
Captain Falcon 60-40
Link 55-45
Ganondorf 65-35
shut up you only want ike in there because u main him youre still not gonna win.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Ally and Omniswell:

What games are u fellas gonna be playin in?

Omniswell: get them other mofos (MI) to post up in here!!! <3 :bee: <3

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Username (Name): FluxWolf (Kyle Herrity)
Games you want to play: SSBM (singles/teams), SSBB (singles/teams)

Hey m2k i want to have a chat with you at this tournament sometime, we could do it over friendlies if u want haha and dont worry its nothing bad lol

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Sorry cant go to this or future tournaments, just got perma-grounded for bad grades.

Bye guys.

At least im going out with a double post

Top Bottom