• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@Nabe: well??? :grin: you said Soup conceded to your pressure as a reason to suspect us but how and why did you come to this conclusion when faced with #156/#168, merely as examples? --- In what way do these remarks show Soup as "begrudgeously admitting" and "conceding" to you?
156 where he says "but I still don't like it" is begrudging. The final admitting came on in 172. 156 and 168 are him holding onto T-block despite knowing my point was valid. 172 came about after I simply restated what I had already said about T-block; apparently it was a better point the second time around.

Wii don't see it and wii find it stranger that you insisted on invalidating us [#157] when it's clear nothing of the sort really did happen and it was mere disagreement. In other words it looked like you invented this point. Could you enlighten us?
SK, do you think Nich could've been calling dumb or scum on T-block for the sake of being demoralizing and defacing? (DaD henceforth) I ask because I know this is your first game with Nich and thus I shouldn't get meta.
To be honest here, i think Nich is the less scummy of the latter, Night-discussion is a no-no and even though Nich is apologizing for his actions (which is AtE) it's not as bad as what T-block has done.

Furthermore, the meta here is out of wack for T-block too, i would expect T-block to take a more subtle approach to the game, but instead he releases with a balls-to-the-wall idea that doesn't make sense, while it's great to think of the box, it's something you shouldn't think about.
Balls-to-the-wall?

He talked about time travel mechanics and the potential for night action discussion to have a larger impact. That's not radical.
It's still a no-no, that's speculation and on top of it is a bit of fishing, Night actions pertain to PR's, just as mechanics pertain to them also.
Nothing of the sort. T-block raised a scenario about a vig as an example of how the mechanics are different. It's not dangerous to be mindful of the mechanics (certainly not scummy either) and as he said, roles will play a part and discussion of them. I would go a step further and say that'll happen earlier rather than later.
Alright, i see your point Nabe, but i still don't like it.
You don't like it? I don't think that's a valid option since what I said pretty much invalidates the reasoning that came with your vote.

That's the invalidation. He "sees the point" but the point I'm making is that he's wrong. If he sees the point, he should "like it" i.e. drop his point. He doesn't -- a few posts later, Soup continues to argue about "rolefishing".
This post [100] is what i was referring to, i looked at it before i jumped off, when you mentioned the Vig point, i looked back and saw it and felt it held good merit but doesn't erase this one.
What's scummy about this post? It's not apparent.
@Nabe
Have you not been reading what i have been saying? it's night discussion, simple as that, there is no reason to talk about it until it comes up, it's fishing, i don't care if you clarify what you meant but there was no point to bring it up at all, and the discussion it generates would be justifiably null too, just like talking about mechanics are.
@SK: What T-block said isn't fishing. Period. I'm not suggesting it's a town tell but it's not scummy by any stretch. If he spent the rest of the game playing Advice Dog and Mechanic Moose, then yeah, scummy. But it was fair to say what he did, and he let go of it without posting further.
This post is the same thing I said in my prior explanation. I haven't changed any of my reasoning.
Fair enough, i have other reasons to beileve T-block is scum still though.
But now he accepts it. What changed?

really what we're interested in is why you decided to ignore a large majority of our posts on your reread as being sparse
I later corrected myself, in that none of your posts have been memorable and as such I feel that your posting has been sparse. Many of your posts were small as well iirc or "nothing posts" which is what I originally meant by sparse, but by and large it's just nothing memorable from your slot.

and why you read my large post as nothing but......."null", nothing more, when there were clear thought processes you could have questioned in greater knowledge to reassure yourself wii are scum, especially considering there were points you disagreed with there i.e. our analysis on nich vs degrey etc.!
Townies can hold different views. In some cases someone is wrong and another person is right. I disagree with some of that post but that has nothing to do with the alignment of the post, it's still null.

O, also #631

^*****footer you :chuckle: For someone that agreed "vehemently" with Reyth and that Nich was scum, why didn't you paint the Town red here with your vote? Wii can be Mr.Picky too and look closer at the point you agreed on with Degrey where you stated, "straight from the mouth of kings", there would be no repercussions on lynching Nich... as a result of this agreement why didn't you put your money to your mouth here and go for Nich seeing as a) he's vehemently scum and b) he should be easier to lynch with no repercussions? That's a perfect combination. Maybe you shouldn't be invited to discoglamslam :chuckle:
In 631, I was in the middle of catching up. My vote for Nich was in 654 right after finishing my catchup, where I did exactly what you're saying I should've in 631.

Also sidenote: there was something odd wii noticed with one of your points at the end of this post - that being stuff surrounding FE Mafia and Nich's exchanges with Zen and .Jpeg... the .Jpeg one in particular showed no sensitivity to both parties ---> i.e. I clicked on that link to reveal .Jpeg saying something that could be interpreted as goading Nich, and yet you implied Nich was dismissive for no reason other than to be dismissive. Why was this a detail you skipped noticed?
X1 wasn't goading at all, he was expressing a truth. What Nich said was just as true, but he used it as a means to call X1 a hypocrite. Hypocrisy doesn't make one's point less valid, it just makes them guilty of the same.

T-block

B2B TST
I don't really take an issue with your reads... don't really agree with some of them (my reads are in 1766).

Is your read on KK and July because of their claim?

T-block

B2B TST
Your case on Nabe is meh... I see some of it, but if you want to talk about lack of content, a lot of that would apply to you, no? Basically, I agree he should step up his play, but he's nowhere near a top scum pick.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I'm calling your bluff, Nabe. Quote where you give scumreads with reasoning without being asked.
There's no bluff to call. You're accusing me of not posting my reads in their entirety before I was asked for them and for a couple, before I had formed them. You're right in that accusation. It just isn't scummy. As I've said, my reads are out, it's over with.
Am I speaking Dutch?
Even in that post you just made, there was no push to lynch anyone or any scumhunting, just defense.
Today's catchup was only 200 posts. It worked out that way.

Also, I'm impressed you've managed to use inactivity as a defense. Yes you fall behind, but even once you catch up, you don't push any lynches.
As I've said, my fault. I meant to get to your case, I didn't. Seems like half the thread is still unaware that you scumslipped; I got lazy and assumed they wouldn't need more convincing than I've already given.

By the way, aren't you the one who said scum-Nabe would lurk?
Yep. But townNabe isn't lurking, he's burnt out with catching up and being yelled at every time he enters the thread. Your realism astounds me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Tblock: Because zen's scum. Why do you ask? What is your read on Zen?

@Nabe: So, you gonna join the Jpg wagon?

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
No. Earlier you said "One of Nabe/Jpg die ToDay" so I thought you had stated your reason before. Plus, I want you on the JPG wagon. :3

His opportunism earlier on thread. I have pressured July, and I was going to push her entirely. Then, Jpg comes in and threatens July with "Oh I was going to vote you, but now that you expressed dislike of Degray I'm ok with you". He has NEVER asked July anything that would give him a read from her, only "Can you read Ran?". I have been pressuring her before that, and there was no him "wanting to vote her" at all. AFTER I vote her, he mentions that, and I didn't like that, and I have been on him all game.
This is such utterly pitiful reasoning. I hope X1 chewed you out already about how not scummy this is.

Plus, notice how he still read me as town, but would lynch me out of fear that I would put him and Nabe against each other the Next Day, using the excuse "He's a liability". That's really scummy and I want him dead.
I openly admitted that I don't mind mislynching you, should you flip town. Keep in mind that I never said I KNOW you'll flip town. I still think you're scum, but don't give a crap if you're town because of how poorly you've been playing.
Is this scummy? Maybe. Do I care? No.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
To reiterate, Ran's case on me:
-I essentially said "IGMEOY July but I liked what you did with regard to DeGrey." SO. SCUMMY.
-I haven't been jumping up and down screaming my scumreads all game like Ran has.

That's about it, isn't it?
So how bout dem indie siblings?
:| :| :|

Soup is town, so SK is town.
Dunno about that.

But lets lynch JPG, Nabe or Reyth.

Unvote Vote JPG
oh gog what. No, no, and no.

Also, @Jpeg: what do you think of the funkatronimeister (us =D) at this point now? What about our reads? Also how do you view Grey's restriction that he must be on every wagon? You said you didn't like this specific part of his claim but you never explained why.
Eh. I'll have to talk to X1 more about that, but he gave his read on you in his catchup post yesterday. Just know that I'd rather lynch Ran than you, but people seem to think he's town despite (or perhaps because of) that terrible response to Zen.

Grey's restriction just seemed weird. I've never seen one like it before (yeah OS game, I know) but it just seems like an easy thing to do. It's not hard to be on the lynch wagon, knowing that you HAVE to be.

also this game could benefit from more active vote counts, it would be a hell of a lot easier to navigate knowing where everyone always stands.
I guess I'll do that again. Deadline is July 1st, 3PM iirc

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
votecount:

Kawaii Kangaroo (1) - Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance,
Nicholas1024 () -
Videogames.jpg (4) - Ranmaru, Ranmaru, Swiss, SoupaKatamari
DeGrey (1) - July,
Nabe (1) - Nicholas1024,
Ranmaru () -
T - block () -
Soupkat (6) Degrey, Zen, T-block, Videogames.jpg, Kawaii Kangaroo, Nabe
PLSD (1) Reyth

Not voting:

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is Monday, August 1st, at 3:00 p.m. EST

Does SK seriously have 6 already?

UNVOTE
VOTE: RANMARU

sfghfhdfsh

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
"i see what you're saying but / i agree but / I understand but / it's fair enough... but" --> These are all phatic! Nabe is looking at this entire exchange too surgically --> it is an issue helped by common sense. i interpret Soup "seeing" the point and "still not liking it" as a means to say he agrees to disagree, which explains why he continues to talk about and push T-Block's actions afterward much much better than assuming he saw (and thus liked) Nabe's point but all of a sudden still wanted to talk about T-Block's actions anyway. Nothing was invalidated in a way that it was proven wrong. I thought this would be utterly obvious. I'll comment on other stuff later.! I am never going to try multiquoting unless it's on a pc or something.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Look at my face. What does it say to you? jkjks :chuckle: Eye'm okay with Ran. I wouldn't support his lynch toDay.

I think you should join us and go for one of Nabe or Jpeg plz.
do you have any other preferred lynches besides me or Nabe? Because if you're not voting for Ran, and I'm not voting for me or Nabe, that leaves you. :/

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
considering they claimed openly that their opinion hasn't changed... one would think Jpeg needs Ran dead, but where is their vote now? How do they plan to deal with Ran from this point onward?
This isn't actually true, Asdioh wanted Ran gone because he thought that regardless of his alignment he was worth getting rid of, whereas I think he's scum, and am convincing Asdioh of this.

Kata, have you been V/LA at all? Because people have been asking you for more content for all game but only when your wagon increases do I see you make appearances, why? Ryker was worried you may only be phoning in content when you felt you needed to, could what you are doing now not be considered you doing that?

Getting DayVigged and getting Daycopped are completely different, I wouldn't expect the reactions to be the same, and I feel comparing them is kinda silly.

I'll re-iterate what I said earlier in thread. Ran got a guilty claimed on him. If he is town, his only concern should really be getting Zen vigged/lynched the next Day - Look at Asdioh in DKR when I fakeclaimed guilty on him. Ran doesn't - he panics, Why? Only scum have reason to panic in that situation.

No to the NabeWagon offer, I did skim your recent case on him though
SoupKat what do you think of this post and what do you think of Ran

Swiss why do you vote us when you have nothing on us? If you do have something on us then post it

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Today's catchup was only 200 posts. It worked out that way.
You said your reads were out, just quote them. With reasoning, that is.

As I've said, my fault. I meant to get to your case, I didn't. Seems like half the thread is still unaware that you scumslipped; I got lazy and assumed they wouldn't need more convincing than I've already given.
Heh. They're aware, they just don't see what I've done as scummy, I've convinced (most of) them I'm town via my scum hunting as well as my defense. (As a side note, if you want to get someone lynched, you either need a cop report/other condemning night action, or have to keep pounding away at their case until the flip.)

Yep. But townNabe isn't lurking, he's burnt out with catching up and being yelled at every time he enters the thread. Your realism astounds me.
It's a fair point that you can get burnt out on a game moving this fast, however if you're taking the effort to catch up, you might as well post your updated reads and such once you've caught up.

Note to everyone:
Nabe has basically confessed that aside from the one push he made on me and then dropped (I won't comment on whether it's burnout or scummy motives here), he hasn't tried to get scum lynched.

@video wagon
The vote count video just did revealing SK being at L-1 gives me some pause about voting him. If he was scum, why post that vote count? It seems rather likely that one more person could have joined that wagon without reasoning SK was at L-1, thus causing a lynch without a claim. If SK is town (as I currently believe) then I feel this is a rather strong town-tell on video. Any thoughts on this?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Well theoretically he could be so obsessed with trying to appear town that he was overcome with flase zeal and posted the votecount anyway but I agree with you that it paints him in a town light; gosh just like my read on him all game actually... 9.9

Overswarm

is laughing at you
votecount:

Kawaii Kangaroo (1) - Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance,
Videogames.jpg (4) - Ranmaru, Ranmaru, Swiss, SoupaKatamari,
DeGrey (1) - July,
Nabe (1) - Nicholas1024,
Ranmaru (1) - Videogames.jpg,
SoupaKatamri (5) - Degrey, Zen, T-block, Kawaii Kangaroo, Nabe,
Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance (1) - Reyth,
Not voting:

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is Monday, August 1st, at 3:00 p.m. EST

Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance

th3kuzinator|Washed Laundry
>Leave game with 1700 posts yesterday
>Don't feel too bad
>Come back to 1900 posts today
>cry profusely

Alright. **** reading, you ******s don't stop. I'll do it toNight when I'm not seeing a new post every time I refresh the ****ing page. Can I get a summary of the .jpg and SK wagons? Also, what the hell is up with this claimed cop guilty?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Note to everyone:
Nabe has basically confessed that aside from the one push he made on me and then dropped (I won't comment on whether it's burnout or scummy motives here), he hasn't tried to get scum lynched.
NABE LYNCH IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

If you continue sticking your vote there, you're NOT going to be relevant. Your going to end up saying some line that says "To avoid a No Lynch, I'll vote so-and-so." Please take a stance on one of the two current wagons.

@SK - You're only not at L-1 because the other leading wagon unvoted you. Claim now, please.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
>Leave game with 1700 posts yesterday
>Don't feel too bad
>Come back to 1900 posts today
>cry profusely

Alright. **** reading, you ******s don't stop. I'll do it toNight when I'm not seeing a new post every time I refresh the ****ing page. Can I get a summary of the .jpg and SK wagons? Also, what the hell is up with this claimed cop guilty?
DayCop gambit by Zen. He and Ran are town afterword, neither "confirmed," but it's pretty obvious. Claimed masons from July/KK.

Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance

th3kuzinator|Washed Laundry
shrug

I'm going off what you told me. I don't like to rely on meta but I'm taking it for what it is in this scenario. Ran's a transparent player and he did the exact same thing in a very similar situation. The abilities don't seem the pro-est of protown but simultaneously, that+meta means I'm willing to take him off the table for today.

I'll definitely be looking at it later and formulating my own opinon, then double-checking it with Kuz's, but for today, I'd take it at face value. I don't see any reason not to do so.

Again, what's the basis for the .jpg and SK lynches? Can I have at least a page number for the cases? I'll go look for those specifically.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
****, ****, ****, ****, ****

Okay, we caught a crumb from .JPG. One we are not willing to out (Raziek actually caught it, congrats to him). His play after we picked up on it matched. WE ARE SUPER UNWILLING to lynch him after seeing it. We can and will waste our time turner ability to save him and that will leave us going into Day 2 with no lynch Day 1. The penalty for breaking our restriction is the loss of our one shot ability.

Top Bottom