• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

04/25/09 - SC Bi-weeklies - YCBTC!

BEHR

Smash Hero
theres a very good chance I might not make this. ):

im soooooooooo sorry.

Silver_Shot

Smash Apprentice
*cough*

*shows up briefly and disappears again*

In all honesty, I'm in the same boat as Zer0. No money, no ride, and not enough **** activity in SC. I'm just sick and tired of being the laughing stock of the Brawl Community. I don't want to have to ride to other states just so I don't have to be frowned upon.

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
****it guys, I don't think I can break these cuffs. :(
If I were to make it, it'd probably be just me, everyone else in my little posse is like "uggh finals" and I'm not much better. e.e
You plan on making this a monthly thing now, Devin? I'd hate to miss this and then have to wait till almost July to get my Brawl disc back play Smash with you guys. ;-;

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
If I were to make it, it'd probably be just me, everyone else in my little posse is like "uggh finals" and I'm not much better. e.e
You plan on making this a monthly thing now, Devin? I'd hate to miss this and then have to wait till almost July to get my Brawl disc back play Smash with you guys. ;-;
I think me khai and maybe Rob from clemson are still planning on making it so there will probably be room with us if you still want to go.

edit @ devin: My guess would be that you don't have the show your signature thing checked. Its normally default off on quick post and on for normal post I believe. Bottom right for quick post and under additional options for normal.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
My dad MAY have to work on Saturday, and my mom won't want to take me. But I will try to pull some strings and get a ride.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
You can't break those cuffs?

Next one will be on the 9th of May, so, two weeks after this one.

Kind of far into the future to make a promise, but if everything goes like it should, then yeah.

@Ryan--

Can you still bring a T.V.?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Devin, that sig is Bad ***, lol

And i wanted THAT exact Sonic in my freaking sig,... but ppl fail at life so i've yet to get a decent quality sig.... xD

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
@dev; gotta start winning more so i can get in that sig! haha.
@ thunder. come dude please i want a rematch.
@Ryan, i can bring a TV if you cant.
@joe, dont get too drunk to smash.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I forgot where...But I do belive I've heard somewhere that people may actually play better when drunk

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I forgot where...But I do belive I've heard somewhere that people may actually play better when drunk
It's a statistical impossibility. Alcohol lowers the reaction time to ANY stimulus. In a game requiring hand eye coordination precisely to the frame, any reduced reaction time is detrimental, 100% guaranteed. The only potential assistance it can have is making a button masher slightly better at button mashing.

Pot has a very slight chance of being beneficial to the game, considering it increases attentiveness, thus increasing reaction time.

But it sure makes it fun.

Payton, I can give you a ride there if your father can pick you up. I'm not gonna be driving home.

@Devin: lol, I like the sig alot. I would have preferred a ? as my symbol though, for thelols.

Side note: http://www.royallimousine.net/Fleet_12PassengerChrysler300/12_passenger_chrysler_300/a04.jpg. 7 days. I'm so hyped.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Jman- Bring a tv/setup?

And actually, statistcally proven to help SOME individuals at rythmic games. Due to timing, not reaction. It was considered due to the "bear-courage" effect, that ppl gained confidence and thusly, performed better.

There is a happy equilibrium there, but it has been proven to be beneficial. Tru facts

Lareit

Smash Ace
Jman- Bring a tv/setup?

And actually, statistcally proven to help SOME individuals at rythmic games. Due to timing, not reaction. It was considered due to the "bear-courage" effect, that ppl gained confidence and thusly, performed better.

There is a happy equilibrium there, but it has been proven to be beneficial. Tru facts
I'll be bringing a tv. No wii though as I have no SAV cables only HD.

Jman how are you getting there and back.

and I'm very sad i'm snake.

Some_Kind_of_JokÈ?

Smash Apprentice
It's a statistical impossibility. Alcohol lowers the reaction time to ANY stimulus. In a game requiring hand eye coordination precisely to the frame, any reduced reaction time is detrimental, 100% guaranteed. The only potential assistance it can have is making a button masher slightly better at button mashing.

Pot has a very slight chance of being beneficial to the game, considering it increases attentiveness, thus increasing reaction time.

But it sure makes it fun.
LOL! Pot does NOT increase attentiveness... it does the opposite. ...but it is fun.
It also makes it so sometimes you think about doing moves, but your fingers dont react to your thoughts... so NO, it wont help :p

also i cant wait for this weekend, i havent been to a tourney in like a year.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
LOL! Pot does NOT increase attentiveness... it does the opposite. ...but it is fun.
Apparently you haven't smoked pot and just spaced for hours. I focus on doing the most mundane task and make it my sole attention for a time space of MANY hours.

Edit: I've only heard people say pot makes them play better.
Once I got incredibly high, and played melee. I won the match as Jigglypuff using only rest. Personally, I think it makes me better.

~Kuja~

Smash Cadet
Devin i love the sig man :D unfortunately i am not going to be able to make this tourney barring a thunderstorm as you all know... and from what i hear its supposed to be really nice this weekend. sorry guys :/ but if the next one is indeed the 9th, and not the 16th i will be there definitely.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman

I actually did a paper on this as pathetic as that may be. People who have trouble under pressure at least believe they do better with alcohol or pot. They could be wrong its hasn't exactly been studied scientificly. For team games only a few people believed alcohol or pot to be beneficial. There was some popular drugs for top MLG players but I'm way off topic.

So I can break those cuffs. I'm going to figure out the rides tommorowish but I'm pretty sure I should make it not really sure how many people will join us.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I actually did a paper on this as pathetic as that may be. People who have trouble under pressure at least believe they do better with alcohol or pot. They could be wrong its hasn't exactly been studied scientificly. For team games only a few people believed alcohol or pot to be beneficial. There was some popular drugs for top MLG players but I'm way off topic.

So I can break those cuffs. I'm going to figure out the rides tommorowish but I'm pretty sure I should make it not really sure how many people will join us.
This is due to several factors. Alcohol gives off the illusion of confidence, which could theoretically make someone unsure of themself more willing to take risks. High risk = high reward, so alcohol could make the casual gamer better, in a sense. But at the level that most of us play at, a high risk backed with no skill does not equal high reward, it means punishment.

I'd venture to say top MLG players would use Aderol, which is a neurostimulant acting on the dopamine center of the brain. It also reduces fatigue, which can accumulate from repetitive match-ups, because it quite literally FORCES you to be attentive.

The more you know

Lareit

Smash Ace
Any of you coming for Melee?
I'll be there in time for melee.

I have no intention of playing however.

Unless I sleep in. THen i'll be there in time for brawl, but as i'm waking up at 7am atm it's likely going to be easy to make it there for melee.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Since Vilt isn't going I can't go either

D:

Unless someone who barely knows me wants to go far out of their way to come up to Hickory, NC

<.<

/longshot

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I have no idea where that is, and as im likley hitching a ride with Adam (if he is still planning on giving me a ride), i can't stingers, sorry

Joe maybe? he's coming with ppl from NC as it is... but thats all up to u NC folk.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Joe doesn't have a car, so a friend's bringing him.

Then they're stopping to pick up Phil and one of his friends.

Right?

Or wrong?

Either way, Hickory's in the other direction—Joe's near Charlotte.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Exactly why it's a longshot.

I hate living where I do. It's really sad.

All well, have fun at this guys :x

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Joe doesn't have a car, so a friend's bringing him.

Then they're stopping to pick up Phil and one of his friends.

Right?

Or wrong?

Either way, Hickory's in the other direction—Joe's near Charlotte.
I'm not sure what my friends think about coming. I might bring one, I might bring two, I might not bring any. They haven't given me an answer yet.

Either way, Joe and his friend are going out of their way to get me here at UNCC and will likely have a full car anyways. Sorry Stingers.

Edit: Joe is The Director

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
joe is a drunk. from what i gather. ha.

just kidding joe. your cool.

partyzone this saturday.=]

anyway, dev, please dont do the next one on the 9th. thats my prom night brah.

Top Bottom