• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

$550 SSBB/SSBM PROS COMING! CoF: ANGRY SHINOBI CIRCUS 02/20-21/10 WINTHROP HARBOR, IL

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I'll challenge M2K! And let's make it a $10 MM just to add some spice to the challenge! XD Someone needs to get a Sword Kirby texture hack so it can be Sword Kirby vs Meta-Knight! LOL.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
300 pot? that is not nearly enough for me to come way out there. It costs like 150 to get there and back. I would have to make like 500+ for this to be worth it. 300 pot implies the pot will be 300 dollars and 60% of that (then 30% for winning teams) means I'm getting like half of that which is ... 150, my money back. If this looks like I can make 500+ then I'll definitely go to it though, which means 1000 dollar pot. I'm scared to go to IL cuz lain said last time it wasn't that big, but I live off smash for now (and next few years) so I need to be careful with where I go and stuff.

ook

Smash Lord
lol it's a $300 bonus for 1st place, ON TOP of whatever the normal pot would be. not a $300 pot.... read the first post. :p

So like if there's 40 people (which there definitely should be, AT LEAST), that's like 200+ bucks right there for 1st, PLUS 300. There's your 500.

And if you enter melee, there's a $100 bonus for that, which.. even more.

And with doubles and all.. yeah, there's a chance for someone to make some good money.

anyway
I can't wait for this :bee:

Landry

Smash Ace
Yeah, basically what Ook said. The $300 is just a straight up bonus for first on top of the regular pot.

Wafles

Smash Lord
I guarantee this tourney will be bigger than the last one we held, and the last one Lain got at least $300 for winning first....without a pot bonus.

First place should walk away from this with quite a bit of money =)

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
M2K: I thought I made it VERY CRYSTAL CLEAR in the first post and to you directly - that $300 was GURANTEED for 1st place for SSBB singles (no splitting, no cuts, no johnz)...and you get that with the money you'd get from your 60% of entree fees. So in SSBB singles alone you can make $500 easy. If you win the tournament that is. lol. :)

Same thing applies to all the fighting games that have a guranteed bonus.

Moe: Im working on some thangs son. Just gotta wait and see. :psycho:

Wafles

Smash Lord
Specifying 300 Pot BONUS in the title is probably more important than advertising M2K's presence.
No need to cram so much information in the title.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I'll try to come to this if I can hitch me a ride with someone

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Guys lets get the postin them EPIC money matches. Possibly some crews. We need to start filling up them MAIN EVENT SLOTS!!! :bee:

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPE

Landry

Smash Ace
Guys we are going to start pre registering for this tournament December 1st.

Please tell your fellow smashers about this tournament. It's not one to miss. Also new announcements for this tournament will begin December 1st as well. I hope you all enjoy them.

STAY TUNED!!! :bee:
Huh-huh-huh-hyyyyyype

Mew2King

King of the Mews
oh **** im definitely coming then (and in the future, I will come to MANY more, IF you guys stay true to your word of course then I'll come all the time to these pot bonus tourneys. I'm going to be judging the reliability of it mostly off this tourney though)

you think u could hold brawl low tiers as well? singles/doubles? I'll bring Shugo (arguably best sonic alongside Malcom) as well if you do

money matches anyone/everyone? I'm poor so the more the better

ill def do some with my MK or Sheik/Marth/Fox, and prolly some melee peach / melee falcon / brawl ike maybe

yoshq

Smash Master
oh **** im definitely coming then (and in the future, I will come to MANY more, IF you guys stay true to your word of course then I'll come all the time to these pot bonus tourneys. I'm going to be judging the reliability of it mostly off this tourney though)

you think u could hold brawl low tiers as well? singles/doubles? I'll bring Shugo (arguably best sonic alongside Malcom) as well if you do

ill def do some with my MK or Sheik/Marth/Fox, and prolly some melee peach / melee falcon / brawl ike maybe
brawl ike vs cf $3?

Devildigimon

Smash Lord

Alright Jason. Good to hear that you "get it", and you WILL BE COMING TO THIS. :) Yeah I will definitely try to work Low Tier Brawl - Doubles/Singles into the schedule (looking VERY LIKELY).

If Shugo can come with you, that'd be pretty awesome. Here's to hoping he will come to this.

I'll MM you $10 Ganon vs. MK (I know this is suicide. But fear not, I am teh best scrub iz teh MIDWEST!!! :psycho:). If I could get some stips/odds that'd be cool. :laugh: If not...then BRING IT DA **** ON SON!!!

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYPPEEEE!!!

Edit: Actually lemme get $5 vs. MK and $5 vs. IKE...NO STIPS, NO ODDS, NO JOHNZ!!! :)

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
M2K, Kirby vs MK $10 MM! 3/5 Random Neutrals. It's on, BOI! HYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!

Scythe

Smash Master
he's going to have to bring a notebook filled with all these MMs so he doesn't forget.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I could just post them all (MMs) on the first post hahaha. good idea?

yo this tournament is going to be straight

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYPEEEERAAAAAAAAADE!!!!!

3 GALLONS OF THAT ****!!! Get yha drink on. :)

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
webster. i dont know if you for surely NEED this date.

but if theres any possibility you could make this the week after or something.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257434

^^National Circuit ^^

so yeeah....i dunno
yeah I posted in that thread. hopefully they will be able to change their date. because I DEFINITELY CAN NOT. :(

BRING IT son
You're going down!!! And by down, I mean...I'm going to be praying to the 8 gods of Super Smash Brothers that a miricale happens while my precious Ganon is getting *** scraped by MK's awesome sauce.

OHHHHHH THE HORROR!!! :(

LOL <3 :D

To everyone else:

WHERE IN DA HELL IZ THE SMASH 64 HYPE!!! :/

Scythe

Smash Master
no one plays that game lol (ok maybe like 5 people in Chicago)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Due to the fact that Shugo's car broke down this weekend making me miss OH circuit finals, I really need the 300 dollar bonus to be for real now or else I'll be really sad/screwed. It sux cuz I pay college and it's triple price for not being an Oh resident for over a year which I'm not, and I pay rent and food and travel expenses so missing a tourney esp a big nearby one really hurts me

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Due to the fact that Shugo's car broke down this weekend making me miss OH circuit finals, I really need the 300 dollar bonus to be for real now or else I'll be really sad/screwed. It sux cuz I pay college and it's triple price for not being an Oh resident for over a year which I'm not, and I pay rent and food and travel expenses so missing a tourney esp a big nearby one really hurts me
Jason. I give you my absolute WORD that our CASH BONUSES ARE LEGIT!!!

So apparently the guys from IN didn't realize that I posted this tournament 4 MONTHS IN ADVANCE!!! And GodIsMyRock sent me this message:

I understand that you planned your event 2 months before ours. But there's some big problems which made us choose this date and also makes it impossible to change our date

1. We booked the Indianapolis Convention Center on the only Date They had available in February(February 27th was available but Alex Strife's HUGE tournament is going on that weekend and we didn't want to conflict with that tournament.)

2. Seeing as we have a tournament every month we can't use any other date than one in February, plus our tournaments can't be too close to each other.(for example having a tournament February 27th and then having our next tournament March 13th.

3. We didn't know your tournament existed. I went through every Page of the tournament listing thread to make sure our tourney didn't conflict with anyone else(especially someone in the Midwest). If your wanted a big turn out I'm just a little confused at why you put your tournament in the Midwest section instead of "tournament Listings". Each Regions Sub-Forum is mostly used for player finding, chatting, power rankings, and regional circuits. Almost everyone who posts a tournament in their region's sub-forum most definitely also posts the tournament in the "tournament listings" forum.

So in conclusion we chose this date and can't change our date because:

WE didn't know your tourney existed because you didn't post it in tourney listings, Almost every other weekend in February is booked at our venue , Alex Strife's huge tourney is a week after so we can't change it to that date, and our tourneys' dates can't be too close to each other since they're monthly.

also, I'm curious as to why you can't move your tourney a week or two back. I checked your venue out on Google street:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...12,357.67,,0,5

Its a coffee house. I'm not trying to demean your venue or anything but I'm just confused as to why with two months until your tournament you can't get the owner to push the date back a week or two. I mean does he really have other gigs set up two months in advance?

I'm sorry I f you feel that I've insulted you in any way. the main reason for this post if for you to know why we chose the date and why we can't change it. Is there any way you could give the reasons why you can't change your date? If you were able to move your tourney a week back I'm sure it would have a lot of attendees and maybe even more due to the fact that a week before a national event players get hyped and want to practice and go to a tournament to do so and see how they place.

Respectfully,

GIMR
This is absolute B.S and I really hope everyone who is coming to and supporting this (my) tournament. Will go into their thread and DEMAND that their date be changed.

Bottom line is,

- I got sponsors expecting this date to follow through. It's all be agreed upon by all parties involved (scheduling flights and etc.).

- We do have concerts and events booked here at this cafe through out the month of February, so YES this IS the ONLY date we can run my tournament.

- My tournament was not only posted in TWO SECTIONS OF SMASH BOARDS (midwest/tournament listings), but also post on 5 different competitive websites who are ALL EXPECTING THIS DATE TO FOLLOW THROUGH. Again scheduling flights and etc.

So to say "you didn't know that I posted my tournament on here" is the silliest excuse ever. And it is insulting, to say 'well if it's just a cafe change the date." We run a VERY LEGIT BUSINESS, that so happens to be a great venue for having video gaming tournaments.

But anyways, my date shouldn't change. Yours should and that's all there is to it. If you don't change your date. Then all I can say is good luck having people show up to your event. :dizzy:

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I posted this in the VG thread as well...

I wish people would just choose one or work something out so we can go to 2 great tournaments.

If there will be no compromise, then players will have to have a consensus on where they want to go. Wherever the melee players are going is where I'm going.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
That's the spirit COSMO!

Guys be loyal to what u KNOW has been good to yha. :)

HHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPE!!!!!!

Top Bottom