• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
haha yeah i just like the way it feels to play it. it really is a badass instrument
and actually the guitars dont use much disortion so you can hear the bass lines pretty well, so overall im pretty satisfied haha

edit: yeah im sure pcola or even mobile isnt as bad as montgomery at hating people (where do you think i get it from? lol) so idk dude if we ever start playing shows id LOVE to play down south like that and have you come : ))) and possibly go to one of your shows also

_Keno_

Smash Lord
So b'hamers going to the GA tournament. It starts at like 2 pm, which is 1 pm AL time. Takes 4 hours to get there. We need to leave at like 8:30 on Saturday morning. If either of you want to sleep here or smash here the night before, thats great too.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
my girlfriend might not let me go this weekend.
this will be the fifth tournament that i have missed in a row, bc of her.

even when i do go she just texts me the whole time and makes me feel like an *** and texts non stop about how everything is my fault and how much i suck.

she does the same thing with band practice.

i dont really know ive been looking forward to this weekend, im kinda depressed now.
i hope i can still go, i guess ill see how tonight goes when she gets back from having fun with her friends... >_>

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Pull through Slam, things can only get better
or worse. once i graduate im going to have to ACTUALLY do the ******* **** im going to school for.
if we get married my life is over.
atm my life is just headed in a downward spiral.
there's alot more to it but you know. this is just a post and i dont feel like getting super personal and detailed lol. but yeah, in this situation, i think things only get worse : /
Drop her, IMO. If she can't be supportive about the things you care about, you need a lady better suited to your lifestyle.
i agree, its just not that simple. for me anyways : / i probably just need to grow some balls.
shes pretty scary and controlling and manipulating. overall, mainly scary though.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i agree, its just not that simple. for me anyways : / i probably just need to grow some balls.
tl;dr--Yeah.

You shouldn't get down on yourself about it, though. You have your reasons for wanting to be with her. It just sounds like you need to get your priorities straight. Very, very, very few people of the people you interact with will play an important role in your life in the future, but the things you enjoy doing will always make you happy.

People come and go; if she's worth keeping, you'd know it for sure. It only takes one large piece of discomfort to let her go, and then you'll have all the stuff you've been missing to back you up on the entertainment front. Daily life shouldn't feel like a chore; you should be able to enjoy what you like (within reasonable limits, of course).

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
guys I thought I was getting my tax return this week and it hasn't come in yet. so I can't really afford to go to the tournament either :(

:phone:

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Meh, Janitor's dropping as well? At the moment im the only one who is for sure going. if that happens, I won't be able to afford the gas.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice

even when i do go she just texts me the whole time and makes me feel like an *** and texts non stop about how everything is my fault and how much i suck.

i dont really know ive been looking forward to this weekend, im kinda depressed now.
i hope i can still go, i guess ill see how tonight goes when she gets back from having fun with her friends... >_>
edit: nevermind

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
sorry CHEAP but i felt like i was pretty clear that i wasnt going. sorry if i never officially confirmed my not going and confused you :/

also i hope i can go to tuscaloosa. im debating quitting or not. i just dont have it in me anymore espicially if i have to go through all this just to go to a tournament. its draining and it takes the drive and happiness of going out of me so its just like "blah" while im there cuz of her.

but atm its looking like its the end of the road for me. im sure ill put in a couple more months but if nothing changes with my relationship by then, then theres no point in me throwing away time at a hobby i cant really do to its full potential.

hopefully music wont go the same after i quit smash.

B_AWAL

Smash Master

Dude... a girl is supposed to compliment your life not hold you back from it!

If your not enjoying her then drop her. If she makes you feel like an *** then ignore her or explain how selfish she is being. You prob have strong feelings 4 her but this ish aint healthy. She is being selfish as F**K and that aint koo... there are plenty of other fish in the sea my fellow smasher.

:sonic:

& TBH if you quit smash the same is going 2 happen 2 ur music. Deny it all you want but once a woman has that kinda power over you its a wrap.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
<3 u bawal

hopefully things will get better, either in the relationship or by ending it.
but anyways i wanna see the bulldog brawl results. did cheap still go?

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I just spoke to Ingulit. I thought you guys should know we plan on having an amateur Brawl bracket at the Iron Brawl III. Anyone who doesn't make it out of pools can pay $1 to get into another bracket, winner-takes-all. We just want to give everyone more chances to compete.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I just spoke to Ingulit. I thought you guys should know we plan on having an amateur Brawl bracket at the Iron Brawl III. Anyone who doesn't make it out of pools can pay $1 to get into another bracket, winner-takes-all. We just want to give everyone more chances to compete.
Big step in a good direction

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
janitor is actually going to do that tho.

dat entry fee back and u get free friendlies tho looool

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
cam, i know its not a big deal but my profile on alabamasmashleague.com isnt linked to the crew that im in or any of the other places it should be linked.
if you get around to it , great. if you dont, its really no big deal. i just thought i should mention it.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
cam, i know its not a big deal but my profile on alabamasmashleague.com isnt linked to the crew that im in or any of the other places it should be linked.
if you get around to it , great. if you dont, its really no big deal. i just thought i should mention it.
I'll tell Blue about it, and he'll probably fix it by the end of the day.

EDIT: He fixed it.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
You mean... I could... win something? :3

Top Bottom