• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Batman is DC Comics, actually. I really wanna see that movie, but I haven't seen Batman Begins yet, so I'm gonna watch them in order.

Moogle's out of town and if he's not back by Thursday, there will be smash at my place. Huntsville, that is your invitation (of course anyone on this thread is welcome to come).
goddammit, i know Batman is DC. why did i say Marvel....

but it's true. Iron Man and The Hulk were done by Marvel alone, and they were fantastic, unlike others such as the first Hulk movie and the Spiderman trilogy.

Edgecution

Smash Rookie
Just a question, guys. If I wanted to get in on the competitive Smash scene, would a newer player such as myself be welcome to come and have some fun and practice at a tournament? =P

Also, are there any upcoming events I could come to within a decent range? Online is blah, and I don't have any friends who play. -.-

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Just a question, guys. If I wanted to get in on the competitive Smash scene, would a newer player such as myself be welcome to come and have some fun and practice at a tournament? =P

Also, are there any upcoming events I could come to within a decent range? Online is blah, and I don't have any friends who play. -.-

1st thing yes.

2nd thing look on the first page of this thread.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
i realize that moogle is currently out of town, but before i forget, i'll mention this right now. i was looking on the OP and noticed that Will_ and DracoFox haven't been added to the list of players yet. If they have already and i'm just blind, then i apologize and just ignore this post:p

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I wouldn't consider you putting me up on the list till I get a job. If I don't get one in 3 weeks, I will be moving back to my home town. Don't get me wrong. I'd like to stay here, but I cannot put myself in a situation where I can get screwed over. In the mean time, I'm gonna be working on getting a job, but hopefully we can get some smash in soon.... I'm craving for a fixing. XD

saintrage

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't consider you putting me up on the list till I get a job. If I don't get one in 3 weeks, I will be moving back to my home town. Don't get me wrong. I'd like to stay here, but I cannot put myself in a situation where I can get screwed over. In the mean time, I'm gonna be working on getting a job, but hopefully we can get some smash in soon.... I'm craving for a fixing. XD
yes i have been having withdrawls >.< smashing with you guys is like a drug to me. So ya Rob i'll definitely be there on thursday if moogle isn't back, and i'll also bring my own setup as well.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
yes i have been having withdrawls >.< smashing with you guys is like a drug to me. So ya Rob i'll definitely be there on thursday if moogle isn't back, and i'll also bring my own setup as well.

woot. roger that. i have a gamecube, just gonna need a lil TV for eet. hmm. i might grill some burgers that day too.

coach

Smash Apprentice
certainly congratulations reflex. You're like the only brawl player i enjoyed watching because you were so creative with wario.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
congrats Reflex, Mookie speaks highly of you quite often.

Nice to know that we have someone from our region that can take M2K.

j00t

Smash Champion
Wow Reflex, congrats man. Gotta represent us Wario folks. (except I don't play Brawl competitively :p)

Maybe we can play online sometime and show me how it's done!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
were any of the matches recorded?
Yeah; Winner's Finals and Grand Finals were recorded. The latter is boring, because Dedede is impossible to stay aggressive against. I tried to make it as entertaining as possible.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
Yeah; Winner's Finals and Grand Finals were recorded. The latter is boring, because Dedede is impossible to stay aggressive against. I tried to make it as entertaining as possible.

xD congrats! I hope to watch your vids and be amazed,

And ya rob, thats an awesome idea, smash and burgers. I'll help buy the meat and stuff if i can come over early. i can get drinks too. i'll let you know more if we are gonna smash at your house.

j00t

Smash Champion
Reflex. Wario dittos, we must do. NAO! >:3

Actually, I'll be completely serious. I want to play you because I want to see the difference in the levels of play between me and you. Maybe I'm desperately hoping that you'll revive my faith in Brawl as a competitive game. Lately I've been playing Brawl more and more, and it is actually starting to grow on me a -wee- bit. It'll probably never be better than Melee for me, but it is the new Smash game. And maybe there is just something I'm missing.

So Reflex, I want to play you. Atleast once. Show me what Brawl is all about, please.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
people like reflex, m2k, etc. are my brawl inspiration. they prove to me that there is potential for a decent skill gap in brawl. there are people I just can't touch in brawl, much like melee. for a minute everyone was on the same level, but like any decent game people are starting to shine.

I also love that the tornado spamming MK's in FL didn't do so well at FAST

wario is by far the funnest character in Brawl to watch. followed probably by diddy :cool:

j00t

Smash Champion
Yeah, I noticed M2K got first in the Brawl tournament. I thought he didn't like the game.

Are your videos up yet, Reflex? Instead of bugging you for a couple of games, I guess I should watch the videos first. :p

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
apparently a lot of people who don't like the game are really good at it lol

also, I finally started playing Wind Waker.
and besides the ****ty camera I love it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
For the record, Wario dittoes are the stupidest, most boring thing ever. It's worse than Jiggly dittoes in Melee.

Wario's also the hardest character to play well online; he requires a lot of precision to be really good with.

You should come to a random Brawl tournament and play me; either Wario or my Pokemon Trainer.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Reflex are you gonna go to CH4?
You gotta hold it down for Orange wario, i've givin up on convincing you to switch colors.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yeah, I noticed M2K got first in the Brawl tournament. I thought he didn't like the game.

Are your videos up yet, Reflex? Instead of bugging you for a couple of games, I guess I should watch the videos first. :p
(Double-posting because my connection's terrible right now.)

Watch the Winner's Finals when they're put up. Wario vs. Dedede in Grand Finals is remarkably slow, even though I tried to be aggressive when I could. I wish my matches with Cort were recorded, but the Winner's Finals had me fighting with M2K's Meta Knight, and I tried to string together stuff the best I could. I want to prove that aggressiveness is possible in Brawl; so much that I ran into Cort's N-Airs a LOT against him, XD.

j00t

Smash Champion
For the record, Wario dittoes are the stupidest, most boring thing ever. It's worse than Jiggly dittoes in Melee.

Wario's also the hardest character to play well online; he requires a lot of precision to be really good with.

You should come to a random Brawl tournament and play me; either Wario or my Pokemon Trainer.
Ahh. Well, you know better than I about the matchup. Personally I don't think i've done any Wario dittos that I can remember, so I wouldn't know.

Anywho, it's a date, baby! I'll cook the food if you bring the wine.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex are you gonna go to CH4?
You gotta hold it down for Orange wario, i've givin up on convincing you to switch colors.
It's totally gold (or close to, XD), to represent the #1 Wario.

Actually, it's because most of the main costume is inverted, and I like that.

I wish I had a jacket with the "Hurry Up!" symbol. I'd wear it.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
hey, does anyone here from huntsville ever get together to brawl? I'd like to come. I need some more peeps to practice with.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I think the guys are gettin' together thursday at Sk8orDie's house if Moogle isn't back by then.

I would drive up there this week, but thursday is... a raid night :X

Edit: But a lot of Brawl hate goes on there, but eh, what can ya do.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
aggresiveness is definitely possible in brawl, thats my whole play style and I do okay. you just have to be aggresive at the right times, which I'm still working on a little

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Good to hear pro-brawl talking. I did some training with Yoshi the past couple days and have realized that he is so far from a bad character it's scary. I somehow naturally became aware of how good his jabs cancel into tilts and his egg lay. I think right now he's become my best jab mind game character, and he's already crawled into my top 10 with Bowser.

I dunno, maybe things are different at the top with more MKs and Snakes, but if a skill gap can exist enough for me to 3 stock my friends Falco with Yoshi, then I don't see why the game can't be played competively. And watching Wario fight is extremely entertaining.

Also I got an iguana, and my arms are scratched to hell and back.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
i kind of think the brawl complaint was ridiculous man. "I've played for three days and my friend played for two days and i'm not three stocking him oh my gosh let's play melee"

Hey, how do i find out whether or not moogle will be home by thursday? My parents are about to not let me come because i can't say definitively where we will be playing :(

Top Bottom