• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Length Song Title Tool 1.2 [Fixed Download]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I have no way to quickly test mu_menu.pac because it doesn't work with the File Replacement Code.

So...no progress has really been made my me on that :p

Elwood

Smash Journeyman
So, at the step where I have to click on the exe, it fails to start, claiming its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. It does this even when I use the default songs list as songs.db, so I don't think the problem is with the altered songs list. Any light you can shed on this?

Edit: Using Vista, if it matters.
I dunno if you're interested, but I figured out my problem - I didn't have the latest .NET framework installed. So if anyone else has the same problem, that should fix it.

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
Hm.. This is weird. I got the song.db file from that... BRSTM maker GUI you made, but after I made an info.pac and placed it in: etc./pf/info2/info.pac, I tried firing up Brawl (through USB Loader, if that matters).

Game froze on me after it said "Now loading", before the opening. I looked around here and I think there's nothing I can do about it?

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Hm.. This is weird. I got the song.db file from that... BRSTM maker GUI you made, but after I made an info.pac and placed it in: etc./pf/info2/info.pac, I tried firing up Brawl (through USB Loader, if that matters).

Game froze on me after it said "Now loading", before the opening. I looked around here and I think there's nothing I can do about it?
Use File Patch 3.5.1, not 3.5.

Pinutk

Smash Cadet
Thanks you sooo much!!! But can you help me? Everytime I open the exe it closes instantly. I edited the thing. Then it try running the exe and it doesn't work please help!

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
Okay, well this is really annoying.

No matter what I do, the info.pac just won't work for me. I've made sure I have File Patch 3.5.1, I've checked, double checked, and triple checked for symbols in ANY song name (I even got rid of the é's in Pokemon, the ² in O² Battle, and the weird tildes in the Solid Snake song just to make sure). I've even redownloaded the program twice, and nothing seems to be working.

The game starts up just fine, gets to the character select screen and everything is good. But then when I start a match, no matter what, like a second in, right before the song title comes out, it ALWAYS freezes. Like, it doesn't make that normal buzzing sound like every other time it freezes, it just like...stalls. The game just doesn't move, it doesn't make any noise, unless the custom entrance had a sound to it and then it repeats that over and over again.

IT'S REALLY ANNOYING x.x.

I still have like 1332 bytes left to work with according to the program, so that's not the problem. AUGHHHHHHHHHHH x.x

Elwood

Smash Journeyman
What program are you using to edit songs.db? I had the same problem, but when I switched to using Notepad++, it worked like a charm.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
it keeps on having a setup error when I try to install NET framework 3.5 O_O

someone please? I can't use this tool without framework 3.5

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
WTF! I reinstalled the latest net framework (3.5) and the application still closes as soon as I open it! WTF!!!!!

Edit: Never mind. I realized that this program works on my other bro's computer, and used his. :D

Fisherington

Smash Cadet
Phew! I pretty much ran into every problem that was listed here, but I finally got it working! Thanks, Dantarion! You've gotta let us know when the menu replacement comes to fruition!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Okay, I'm sorry but I have tried everything I possibly can at this point. I've read the entire thread several times, gone through the same problems as most of the others here, downloaded this thing again, gotten Notepad++, installed the Microsoft thing, and I've deleted and recreated the db files again and again and again.

And no matter what, it STILL doesn't work!

Even with using Notepad++ to edit it by hand, everytime I convert it, the game freezes after the loading screen. I already have the right File Patch code, 3.5.1, I'm even tried just using the normal defaultsongs.db and converting that to a .pac and even that froze. Without me even changing it. I got rid of any weird symbols or lettering or extra spaces for my custom one...Nothing works. Period.

I've been messing with this cursed thing all night and now it's 4:30 in the morning, I can barely see straight (Then again, I wear glasses ¦D; ) and I feel like I'm wasting my time with a program that doesn't work correctly, though I know something else has to be up. But I doubt it's me this time.

I would like some help, so here is my songs.db file

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AGLXIUQ0

Could someone please tell me what is wrong with the file or what I am doing wrong...This is unbelievably frustrating..And thank you...

Now then. Initiating Recovery Mode. x_x *sleeps*

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I really don't know what to say.

I don't have a way to recreate your problem, nor have I had my game freeze ONCE since I released 1.2, and have updated my info.pac well over 30 times.

After a while, I am going to release finalized versions of my apps, but I've been too busy with life and Project SA stuff. I'll check out your file tomorrow morning and get back to you.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Edit: Ah crap. I just reread your comment saying you would try it today. Disregard that, I suck *****. XD;

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Uh..Sorry to bump/double post but, anything yet? -.o

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Youve got messed up line endings.
0D 0A in hex where it should be 0A.

2.0 will fix that problem, until then, youre kinda borked until you edit the file with something that honors how the original files line endings are.

ETA on 2.0 is...well, its really a one day project, I just haven't bothered to do it :p

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Youve got messed up line endings.
0D 0A in hex where it should be 0A.

2.0 will fix that problem, until then, youre kinda borked until you edit the file with something that honors how the original files line endings are.

ETA on 2.0 is...well, its really a one day project, I just haven't bothered to do it :p
I figured as much. So with that said, what program will allow me to do that? I thought Notepad++ would but it doesn't seem like that's the case. o_o'

42_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2165-5366-1431
All right, so I took the defaultsongs.db, copied it to songs.db, opened it in notepad++, edited the names, ran the .exe, got the info.pac, put it in private/......../pf/info2/info.pac, ran it in gecko 1.9.0.1(then gecko 1.9.2 on the second try) with the file replacement 3.5.1, but whenever I get to the "Now loading screen" the screen stays black. I made sure everything was correct and in the right place so that's not the problem. (I hope) Did I use the wrong file, or what?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
try redownloading your gct or try remaking your info.pac.

are you guys pal or japan? if so then the info.pac won't work.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I have no idea then. Like nobody has this problem except for you two.

is the info.pac in

private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf/info2/ ?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Nevermind, if you aren't using File Replacement Code 3.5.1, ANY attempt to replace info.pac will cause your problem. When I was developing this, I accidently started the game with the wrong codeset for almost 7 hours trying to figure out what was wrong.

Nevermind!

Smash Cadet
Nevermind, if you aren't using File Replacement Code 3.5.1, ANY attempt to replace info.pac will cause your problem. When I was developing this, I accidently started the game with the wrong codeset for almost 7 hours trying to figure out what was wrong.
Ohhhhh. I thought I was using it. Guess I was wrong! Thanks alot man, it's working now!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
In the Custom Song Maker GUI, hit "Export", hit "To songs.db", save in the directory where ALSTT is, then run ALSTT.exe.

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
If I don't use the File Replacement code, what info_*.pac do I replace in the ISO with the generated info.pac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom