• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balloon Fighter For Smash 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Attributes:
I could imagine having one balloon can give you 10 very low jumps, and having two balloons give you 5 high jumps (Exactly like Kirby's). The maximum amount of balloons you can have is two. However, the more balloons you have, the lighter you are, the speedier, and slippier you are. Balloon Fighter could be very unique to having control on his own attributes. However, Balloon Fighter alone without balloons is still relatively light, so it's really risky. But he could have an extremely good aerial game and stage control for those kinds of weakness. His strength is not powerful (Just like Lucario in 0%) for having all those good strategies.

Special Moves:

B- Balloon Pump: Allows Balloon Fighter to pump a balloon. Helps him recover. He can also inflate it much bigger to make better jumps, but it makes him lighter and doesn't affect the amount of jumps he can do.

B-Side- Balloon Plant: Allows Balloon Fighter to place a Balloon on a platform. Opponents cannot pop this balloon when it's placed, opponents do get bumped if contacted. This makes some strategies for Balloon Fighter to take over the stage, but it makes a risk of not recovering when knocked from the stage.

B-Up Balloon Inflation: Balloon Fighter Inflates all the balloons that are attached to him to the maximum and pop for great knockback. Balloon Fighter falls into helpless state after using this move. Balloons that are attached to a platform are not popped though.

B-Down- Balloon Pop: Allows Balloon Fighter to pop all of his balloons with a special whistle, has great knock back if he has two balloons. Good knock back if you have one balloon. The balloons that are planted are popped too.

Final Smash- Piranha Frenzy: Balloon Fighter floats up high and a background of water from Balloon Trip appears on the screen, making warning signs from the left or right of the stage. A Piranha jumps to eat and KO opponents from below the stage from left or right. This Final Smash is unique, as you can control which direction the piranha can attack. For example, if you move from the left of the stage, the piranha will attack from the left. You have three piranha that will attack, so you have three chances to attack.

So basically it's like SSF2 Bomberman's moveset.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Final Smash- Piranha Frenzy: Balloon Fighter floats up high and a background of water from Balloon Trip appears on the screen, making warning signs from the left or right of the stage. A Piranha jumps to eat and KO opponents from below the stage from left or right. This Final Smash is unique, as you can control which direction the piranha can attack. For example, if you move from the left of the stage, the piranha will attack from the left. You have three piranha that will attack, so you have three chances to attack.
Where did you get this idea from?

If he does become playable, I actually want to see that fish from the Summit stage included as a part of his final smash. Maybe like leap from the bottom of the stage and KO anyone who happens to be in the way. Very dangerous, and yet very predictable.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah, piranha plants have zero connection to the Balloon Fight series at all. Your second idea with the fish, on the other hand, is far more suitable.

Anywho, I'm still hoping for Balloon Fighter but if he does get in I'm doubting he'll be in the E3 reveal.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The fish has never been called a piranha in any of the games it appears in. I've seen "fish," "big fish," and Nintendo Land called it "Balloon Fish."

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The fish has never been called a piranha in any of the games it appears in. I've seen "fish," "big fish," and Nintendo Land called it "Balloon Fish."
It's quite funny, that whenever someone says "piranha", almost everyone assumes them to be the piranha plants.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Balloon Fighter is done. Sakurai said he wouldn't make a good fighter for Melee and he hasn't changed his opinion since.

Spire

III
BRoomer
It was a choice between Mach Rider, Balloon Fighter, and Ice Climbers. He never rejected the idea.
You realize that doesn't help your argument right? Sakurai couldn't get a working moveset for him, and considering Villager's use of Balloon Fighter's defining characteristic, his chances are just about zero. I'd say he still does have a chance technically because they can do anything they want, but with the evidence given I wouldn't bank on his inclusion ever. Best to let this thread die.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Balloon Fighter is essentially deconfirmed as it is.

Perhaps Sakurai really didn't see any moveset potential in him, sadly and decided to reduce him into a special.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What if the Villager stole the Balloon Fighter's Gear, that must be a hint. :smash:
What if it was refering to the Balloon that flew with a gift wrapped on it. The Helmet might just be a small reference.
Why the hell are you throwing in "what if" posts? You're looking deep into stuff that doesn't exist and doesn't improve BF's chances AT ALL.

Stole Balloon Fighter's gear? Really? Even if it was true it won't make Balloon Fighter a playable character. And a Balloon Fight reference on an Animal Crossing character means jack squat.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Why the hell are you throwing in "what if" posts? You're looking deep into stuff that doesn't exist and doesn't improve BF's chances AT ALL.

Stole Balloon Fighter's gear? Really? Even if it was true it won't make Balloon Fighter a playable character. And a Balloon Fight reference on an Animal Crossing character means jack squat.
I'm not sure if he's being serious or not but I'm going to Occam's Razor this and say he's not serious.

Though if he is, your response is appropriate.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Sorry, I went into my in-depth looking too far, I gotta a little kiddy on thinking since Wii Fit Trainer.
When I think about it, Balloon Fighter doesn't feel worthy enough for a revival of the series.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
^Welp, there goes my Occam's Razor.

I can very much see how Villager works out and never was able to fit Balloon Fighter into this in my mind.
*shrug* Never cared enough about ol' BF.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I'm guessing the Balloon Fighter's helmet is an item of some sort, which can give any character multiple jumps. I can't see it being one of Villager's specials because really, how does Balloon Fighter represent the gameplay of Animal Crossing?

It's a pity, anyway. If they were going for creative additions, I would think an unconventional character like BF would be a go-to choice. Here's hoping for a stage or something.

EDIT: Or Tingle. I've always been a fan of his inclusion.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'm guessing the Balloon Fighter's helmet is an item of some sort, which can give any character multiple jumps. I can't see it being one of Villager's specials because really, how does Balloon Fighter represent the gameplay of Animal Crossing?

It's a pity, anyway. If they were going for creative additions, I would think an unconventional character like BF would be a go-to choice. Here's hoping for a stage or something.

The Balloon Fighter helmet could easily be used to represent those balloons that fly around, carrying items, in Animal Crossing that you could shoot down with the sling shot. Thats why it's probably Villager's up special.

Speculator

Smash Ace
The Balloon Fighter helmet could easily be used to represent those balloons that fly around, carrying items, in Animal Crossing that you could shoot down with the sling shot. Thats why it's probably Villager's up special.
In that case, why not just use an actual present balloon? I could see him hanging on to one of those and drifting up with it. It seems strange to represent an aspect of Animal Crossing with gameplay elements from Balloon Fight.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

You can play classic games like Punch Out and Balloon Fight in the original Animal Crossing.

Speculator

Smash Ace
You can play classic games like Punch Out and Balloon Fight in the original Animal Crossing.
True. Although that's still a pretty loose connection if you ask me. I would expect Villager's moveset to prioritize elements that come directly from Animal Crossing.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
In that case, why not just use an actual present balloon? I could see him hanging on to one of those and drifting up with it. It seems strange to represent an aspect of Animal Crossing with gameplay elements from Balloon Fight.
Because Nintendo loves references. Plus Balloon Fighter has a history of mixing with franchises it's not a part of in Smash. (The man eating fish from the game Balloon Fight was in the Ice Climbers level in Brawl)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
True. Although that's still a pretty loose connection if you ask me. I would expect Villager's moveset to prioritize elements that come directly from Animal Crossing.
Villager's moveset does have elements that come directly from Animal Crossing: bug-catching net, shovel, slingshot, planting and cutting trees, even the simple act of picking up items from Animal Crossing games was reimagined as catching projectiles and throwing them back in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom