• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bolt/GameHaven Presents: Mythic 2 - MD/VA Tournament! - Sept. 5, 2009

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Sorry Mason. Already promised Taj I'd team for this one.

At least I think it was for this one... -****ty memory...-

Coney

Smash Master
Anybody know if hat is coming too this??
aye coney did you gets hats number yet??
not yet, we're talking over AIM since i go to school so close to where he lives

Sorry Mason. Already promised Taj I'd team for this one.

At least I think it was for this one... -****ty memory...-
taj and i were talking about teaming, though i'm almost certain i'm not going now due to it being two days after my birthday and i'll probably be in NYC with my lady

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm going to make a suggestion

Start this at 12-1pm. When I talked to the owner of Game Have (Sage) before, he said an earlier start time would definitely be a possibility.

I'll come to this event if it starts by 1pm at the latest. Fredericksburg is ridiculously out of the way for most people and running it till 2am is not only ridiculous but just plain dangerous to the people who have to drive while tired etc.

Edit: I was like, 5 minutes away from Game Haven today, with a bunch of smashers, but we were too tired to drop by.

Another Edit: I just saw Chillin's post, I may go to that instead regardless of start here, we'll see, but moving the time up won't hurt your chances, and it'll improve your attendance anyways, so you should do it

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I'm going to make a suggestion

Start this at 12-1pm. When I talked to the owner of Game Have (Sage) before, he said an earlier start time would definitely be a possibility.

I'll come to this event if it starts by 1pm at the latest. Fredericksburg is ridiculously out of the way for most people and running it till 2am is not only ridiculous but just plain dangerous to the people who have to drive while tired etc.

Edit: I was like, 5 minutes away from Game Haven today, with a bunch of smashers, but we were too tired to drop by.

Another Edit: I just saw Chillin's post, I may go to that instead regardless of start here, we'll see, but moving the time up won't hurt your chances, and it'll improve your attendance anyways, so you should do it
I may be able to swing 1pm. It says clearly in our OP to get plenty of sleep before this event
because we are open later than most other venues. Chillin, good job hosting a tourney on this date.. but it's melee so I guess I can't complain. >.>

You should of dropped by anyway to say hey. It couldn't of hurt! ;)

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Chillins tourney is like 10 minutes from my house =/

this is like a hour and 15 minutes

so i will be deciding when i find out more about chillin's

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Sorry Bolt, but this is over an hour from my house and Chillin's is like 20 minutes, plus its cheaper too meaning I get to do more MMs....I think I'm going to his tourney. We'll see though, anything can happen.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Wow.. I am really upset about this.. I really hope he decides to change his date since I claimed this date before hand. :/

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
location > date priority

truth my friend, fredericksburg, is REALLY out of the way for most people, and traffic on VA 95S on weekends is hideous.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Well Alan and Chris (Takeover and 23%/Zio) will be with me, and I'm pretty sure we'll still be here. It's going to be a drive for us either way.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
:D I R Smiles for now.

Sage Mantis Game Haven Mini Tournament Results: August 25, 2009

Singles
1: Taj
2: BMX
3: Fraud
4: Bolt
5: Oh.
5: S1CK
7: Lykieos
7: SnArF
9: Ethan
9: Mattix (Forfeit)

Story of Mattix: Matt destroyed everyone in winners, knocking EVERYONE into losers bracket, once he got to the end of winners bracket he had to go.

GG all. :)

Coney

Smash Master
NYC plans got cancelled

if i can hitch a ride with sassy and the crew, i'll be there

still wanna team, taj? CORPORATE MINISTRY STYLE?

also, will there be a smashfest the night before? i always love those, sometimes more than the actual tourney :3

EDIT - also, i love mattix. dude's talented.

oh and just an idea, since the turnout might be split by chillins tourney, we could maybe do draft crews as a side event if people are interested? top four are captains, obviously, and buy-in is anywhere from $2-5?

Oath.

Smash Ace
< taj

Coney, since we were supposed to team for this, and you're confirmed to go, I'll team with you if k9 is cool with teaming with ada, since he asked him earlier. I'll team with whoever, I just don't wanna drop someone and leave someone with no teammate.

Game haven is amazing btw.

bertboxer

Smash Apprentice
wish i could be there guys but im at college at the mo'
there better be some awesomes going on over winter break tho!

also, on a side note if anyone is interested, there's a benefit game-a-thon to raise money for pediatric cancer research on october 17th
i'll be back in town for my fall break and i think someone should host a 24 hour tourny/smash fest to help raise money for it
info be here
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/14/extra-life-helping-sick-kids-again/

Oath.

Smash Ace
< taj again

@ Tant, I used Snake, D3, MK, and a little Marth.

Matt indeed sent everyone to losers lol, but I at least took him to game 3. His Marth is no joke. Was just a fun warmup tourney anyhow, I needed it since I haven't played in quite awhile.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
< taj

Coney, since we were supposed to team for this, and you're confirmed to go, I'll team with you if k9 is cool with teaming with ada, since he asked him earlier. I'll team with whoever, I just don't wanna drop someone and leave someone with no teammate.

Game haven is amazing btw.
I was asked by Taj to team [for this?] I gotta check up and see. If that isn't the case then I will team with ADA.

mattstever2009

Smash Cadet
Yo lie..... How bout it man? An jay! Technically I should be @ least second shouldn't I? (Tho I'm not sure how forfeits work) but it doesn't matter. PT almost killed me that next morning. And thanks for the props coney an tant. And the haters as well >>>> (EE) lol

mattstever2009

Smash Cadet
Yo lie..... How bout it man? An jay! Technically I should be @ least second shouldn't I? (Tho I'm not sure how forfeits work) but it doesn't matter. PT almost killed me that next morning. And thanks for the props oath,taj,coney, an tant. And the haters as well >>>> (EE) lol

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
I think I may make this. The people I going to Chillin's are intimidating 0.o

I just wish there was an earlier start time.

Top Bottom