• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sex Puma

Smash Lord
Nevermind, found the problem.

Jeez, I AM stupid..

Edit: Nevermind, still not working. <_<

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Kudos to everyone who worked on this, it's great. Captain Falcon is now officially the best character. :laugh:

What do you mean, up arrow? Couldn't he aim up before? Sorry if I'm sounding stupid, I only used Pit in one brawl as I was testing the characters, I didn't notice much change.
the arrow when released upwards it tiny as a dagger but so slow that you can walk slow and the arrow can't catch up, you can control like 3 arrows and they wouldn't be that hard to follow, and the Side B is so windy XD

pit is my #1 character I want to be good at in B-, I'm jiggly/bowser main, so I know nothing about pit... training will start!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Out of curiosity, you guys thinking of doing an updatifier? o.o

NNID
Budget_Player
Will you release a changelist?
Yes, we will. However, it's a very time-consuming process, and we decided that, rather than wait days or even weeks, it would be better to release the alpha now, and worry about changelists later. Remember, this isn't like 5-6 small value tweaks per char. This is almost every move changed, most of them severely.

Out of curiosity, you guys thinking of doing an updatifier? o.o
Yes. We want to. Something is holding it up, I believe photoshop work.

En1gmaSPY

Smash Rookie
Tried to load it up again today and something weird happened.It would not recognize control port 1...or any other port for that matter.I was able to use the wii remote but then when i picked training mode it just froze up.

I'm gonna download it again,see if it gets fixed.I thought i would let you guys know about this.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yes. We want to. Something is holding it up, I believe photoshop work.
Will it just be one that can be used on the computer? Or one for use on with the Wii on a USB too? I'm only wondering because I'm without a reader at the moment and I'd really love to play this.

En1gmaSPY

Smash Rookie
Downloaded it again and it still wont recognize gamecube controllers.And it still freezes up if i use the wii remote.Any idea what could be wrong? i find it really weird since i was playing with some friends all day yesterday.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
You desynched. You have to make sure both people are running the same codes.

We do, this was with about 5 diff people from the brawl minus irc chat @_@
It seems to happen much quicker with certain chars, like link, mario, and sonic.

And it seems like a LOT of people are experiencing this... maybe i'm one of the few that just doesn't put up with it? o_O

NNID
Budget_Player
It seems to happen much quicker with certain chars, like link, mario, and sonic.

And it seems like a LOT of people are experiencing this... maybe i'm one of the few that just doesn't put up with it? o_O
Check if you have any extra files on your SD card, like motionetcs or extra stages?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Will it just be one that can be used on the computer? Or one for use on with the Wii on a USB too? I'm only wondering because I'm without a reader at the moment and I'd really love to play this.
Updatifier is in the works.

If you've got FTPii (downloadable from the Homebrew Browser), that works as a psuedo-SD card reader as well.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Loving it so far, just a couple things I wanna ask aboot.

Any chance of Ness' yo-yos getting upgraded? I love him now, but still don't feel a reason to use them, unless there's something about them I haven't found yet.

And I'm also getting the missing hitboxes with ZSS' whip attacks, and pikachu's thunder. So it isn't just that one guy. They were working before, then suddenly in training mode with pika thunder stopped working, so I tested ZSS and sure enough, her whips weren't working.

Xyless

Smash Master

We have been experiencing it too (BPC makes it sound like we haven't lol). We have yet to find the cause, and believe me, we've been looking.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to report that for whatever reason, Ike's smashes can hit teammates when team attack is off. When this happens, it looked like anyone on an opposing team at the time you hit your partner doesn't get hit by the attack even if they should have been hit.

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want to discuss the balance of the game?

I gave it some extensive testing yesterday and found the balance to be pretty nice.

I think Wolf is the best in the game with that OP SSmash. Bowser is pretty high when used correctly due to huge SA frames. Yoshi is a beast all round and Falco is pretty deadly with the new FAir.

The only ones I thought were a bit weak were Zelda, Ike and Ness.

Zelda still has weak options that don't give her a good enough approach game.

Ike seems to be missing another move or something. QD still lags substantially and that makes him easy to hit.

Ness' yoyos are still pretty weak and he's all-round not that broken.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Some of the changes doesn't carry through to training mode iirc, so just practice moves in normal Brawl.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I did go into normal mode to make sure, and the hitboxes were still missing. The moves had been working earlier, however.

camzy, did you realize that ness has djc and can pillar? Or that on a ground approach ness can either grab and do dthrow with set knockback to any aerial, or do dtilt>psi magnet>any aerial? Or that you can combo into uncharged pk flash for a chance to instakill? He's pretty broken, with psimagnet comboing to every aerial at every percent, if you get hit near the edge you might already be ded.

En1gmaSPY

Smash Rookie
Seriously,i STILL can't play because the game refuses to recognize gamecube controlers.And wii remote makes it freeze.Help?

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Well im not desyncing anymore for whatever reason. It crashes like every 2 out of 50 matches sound in wifi.

I'm guessing the people i were playing just didn't use it right.

This is also AFTER i turned off double gct... though a new problem has arose, not really b- related but maybe someone can help

Updated usbloadgx to load bigger gct files, but now whenever i load it up, it's automatically locked.
This also makes me unable to load b- from channel

Any one know what do?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Seriously,i STILL can't play because the game refuses to recognize gamecube controlers.And wii remote makes it freeze.Help?
That... Isn't a problem on our side, it's a problem on yours.

...I've never even heard of something like that happening. How are you loading B-?

How come every time I choose a stage the game freezes?
How are you loading it?

I'd like to report that for whatever reason, Ike's smashes can hit teammates when team attack is off. When this happens, it looked like anyone on an opposing team at the time you hit your partner doesn't get hit by the attack even if they should have been hit.
Purposely done :p

Looking into this as we speak. It seems to be a lot less severe in 1v1s. But I'll try and see if I/we can issue a fix once we find out what's wrong.

Ooooomg so many problems setting it up... It's not that hard to unzip some stuff, people <_>

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Are you serious about Ike being able to hit teammates intentional? <_<

En1gmaSPY

Smash Rookie
That... Isn't a problem on our side, it's a problem on yours.

...I've never even heard of something like that happening. How are you loading B-?

I load the game up the same way i always did.Went into gecko,launched game(with the GC controller,so i know my ports or controllers aren't messed up).And then they just stop working.I did no changes AT ALL since i downloaded it yesterday.I even played a bunch of matches with my friends(Link is God).I have no idea whats wrong with it now.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I load the game up the same way i always did.Went into gecko,launched game(with the GC controller,so i know my ports or controllers aren't messed up).And then they just stop working.I did no changes AT ALL since i downloaded it yesterday.I even played a bunch of matches with my friends(Link is God).I have no idea whats wrong with it now.
Try holding X, Y, and Start for 5 seconds on the GCC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom