• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl's Coding reveals intended character content

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I guess I'll repost this, as nobody saw it.
I know Wikipedia is not a good source, as anyone can edit, but I gave it a shot and got this:
the 2nd find on Pra_mai was the first VG character on the list, which was a Chao.
Yes, the ones in Sonic.
I highly doubt this, but then again, its something

Chepe

Smash Lord
Well, notice how "pra_mai" are together and could mean a duo. But Dixie is not together with Diddy so probably she was alone. And by the way, Toon Ganondorf is in SSE.

It seems like Sakurai went too excited with Toon characters :freak:
But Popo is separated from Nana on the list, look. It might be because of their different models (however slight). So Diddy and Dixie could have been on the same boat. I will bet Plusle and Minun began as two Pichus following each other and didnt get much developed on them before they got scrapped....

Sephi_hatu

Smash Apprentice
And now to burst everyones bubble.

There are no files for Zamus's armor peices (the ones that fall off after the Final Smash). I deem this fake.

This wouldnt be the first elaborate hoax Ive seen though, I once read a 100 page halo 3 script. That was fake too....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still can't help but wonder what this could mean. We need somebody to look more into this and find actual textures or something.
Most likely it means nothing...

But if it did (unlikely) Downloadable character would be beyond awesome...even if some of them end up being clones

Chepe

Smash Lord

There are no files for Zamus's armor peices (the ones that fall off after the Final Smash). I deem this fake.

This wouldnt be the first elaborate hoax Ive seen though, I once read a 100 page halo 3 script. That was fake too....
Wouldnt those be considered... ITEMS?

Captain Anthony

Smash Apprentice

Can anybody look more into this? Is he right? I'm too distracted to read through all the code.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
The characters probably just got new Brawl models, but were scrapped early on as playable fighters. I don't see why they didn't use the models for Assist Trophies, though. :(

But the data's there, meaning that the models (and possibly certain animations) are in there. If we ever do get a Wii AR, we might be able to access the models and give them other characters' movesets. Or... we might get them as DLC.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
SAMaine said:
Don't forget about Dr. Mario and Roy!
Lucas_User said:
Yeah yeah, I heard about it 30 mins ago.
Dr. Mario? I would never put him in a Smash Game unless it was an anniversary edition.
I hate you guys D:
---

Nice find, and by nice I mean A.MAZ.ING find. Thank you for posting it up, and seriously I'm hoping it's DLC (and that I don't miss on getting Doc Mario).

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
if the coding for the extra characters is already in the game, then they can definitely be made available as DLC through the VC.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
This supports my theory of Hidden Coding in the games, Think Pokemon Ranger, Pokemon Battle Revolution and other games with hidden coding... The coding is all there it just needs to be unlocked by a special password or something else...

No one would ever know about manaphy in pokemon Ranger unless they entered into the coding.. and even then people didn't know how to access it.

Sephi_hatu

Smash Apprentice
Wouldnt those be considered... ITEMS?
To emphasize my point, they're not there. As in, at all. Not with the items. Not with the characters.

These are the metroid related items:
\item\metroid\AsfMetroidBrres.pac, size:174080 off:2D3610DC
\item\metroid\ItmMetroidParam.pac, size:4032 off:2D38B8DC
\effect\assist\ef_metroid.pac, size:66528 off:2A1A0CA0

If this were real, it would seem to be screw attack and metroid assisst.

For comparisson, links bombs in the fake listing:
\item\linkbomb\ItmLinkBombBrres.pac, size:27808 off:2D27D97C
\item\linkbomb\ItmLinkBombParam.pac, size:3072 off:2D28461C

Chepe

Smash Lord
Dont count on DLC though guys. I will bet it will be just like those two stages in Melee that never came to be (Akaneia and Icetop).

Unless there was someway to "patch" a character like Marth's coding with Roy's where possible, to get a Marth that plays like Roy. WOULD that be possible?

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
To emphasize my point, they're not there. As in, at all. Not with the items. Not with the characters.

These are the metroid related items:
\item\metroid\AsfMetroidBrres.pac, size:174080 off:2D3610DC
\item\metroid\ItmMetroidParam.pac, size:4032 off:2D38B8DC
\effect\assist\ef_metroid.pac, size:66528 off:2A1A0CA0

If this were real, it would seem to be screw attack and metroid assisst.

For comparisson, links bombs in the fake listing:
\item\linkbomb\ItmLinkBombBrres.pac, size:27808 off:2D27D97C
\item\linkbomb\ItmLinkBombParam.pac, size:3072 off:2D28461C
Actually, the metroid armour can still be under items, since what you found is only the AT.

look at this:

\item\stafy\AsfStafyBrres.pac, size:220384 off:2D5DD41C
\item\stafy\ItmStafyParam.pac, size:6624 off:2D6130FC

\item\resetsan\AsfResetsanBrres.pac, size:452192 off:2D433BDC
\item\resetsan\ItmResetsanParam.pac, size:242240 off:2D4A223C

\item\robin\AsfRobinBrres.pac, size:227296 off:2D4DD47C
\item\robin\ItmRobinParam.pac, size:4352 off:2D514C5C

\item\nintendogs\AsfNintendogsBrres.pac, size:83040 off:2D39DF3C
\item\nintendogs\ItmNintendogsParam.pac, size:2016 off:2D3B239C
\item\nintendogshi\AsfNintendogsHiBrres.pac, size:234144 off:2D3B2B7C
\item\nintendogshi\ItmNintendogsHiParam.pac, size:2656 off:2D3EBE1C

etc etc..

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
\effect\fighter\ef_dixie.pac, size:128 off:2A940A20
\effect\fighter\ef_mewtwo.pac, size:128 off:2AB67460
\effect\fighter\ef_nana.pac, size:128 off:2AB674E0
\effect\fighter\ef_zakoball.pac, size:128 off:2AE03900
\effect\fighter\ef_zakoboy.pac, size:128 off:2AE03980
\effect\fighter\ef_zakochild.pac, size:128 off:2AE03A00
\effect\fighter\ef_zakogirl.pac, size:128 off:2AE03A80
\effect\fighter\ef_toon_sheik.pac, size:128 off:2ADBF4A0
\effect\fighter\ef_toon_zelda.pac, size:128 off:2ADBF520
\effect\fighter\ef_roy.pac, size:128 off:2AD02780

I was just looking at the list, all these are of equal size, as Chepe said it is more plausable they could be just a costume change of sorts (Like the fighting alloys).

Yet again I have no leading expert upon this matter.

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
notice how small the cut-character's files are...only "128" definitely not enough info for them to be unlocked...even with AR.

Sephi_hatu

Smash Apprentice
Actually, the metroid armour can still be under items, since what you found is only the AT.

look at this:

\item\stafy\AsfStafyBrres.pac, size:220384 off:2D5DD41C
\item\stafy\ItmStafyParam.pac, size:6624 off:2D6130FC

\item\resetsan\AsfResetsanBrres.pac, size:452192 off:2D433BDC
\item\resetsan\ItmResetsanParam.pac, size:242240 off:2D4A223C

\item\robin\AsfRobinBrres.pac, size:227296 off:2D4DD47C
\item\robin\ItmRobinParam.pac, size:4352 off:2D514C5C

\item\nintendogs\AsfNintendogsBrres.pac, size:83040 off:2D39DF3C
\item\nintendogs\ItmNintendogsParam.pac, size:2016 off:2D3B239C
\item\nintendogshi\AsfNintendogsHiBrres.pac, size:234144 off:2D3B2B7C
\item\nintendogshi\ItmNintendogsHiParam.pac, size:2656 off:2D3EBE1C

etc etc..
Somone ignored link's bomb. Consistency my friend.

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
\effect\fighter\ef_dixie.pac, size:128 off:2A940A20
\effect\fighter\ef_mewtwo.pac, size:128 off:2AB67460
\effect\fighter\ef_zakoball.pac, size:128 off:2AE03900
\effect\fighter\ef_zakoboy.pac, size:128 off:2AE03980
\effect\fighter\ef_zakochild.pac, size:128 off:2AE03A00
\effect\fighter\ef_zakogirl.pac, size:128 off:2AE03A80
\effect\fighter\ef_toon_sheik.pac, size:128 off:2ADBF4A0
\effect\fighter\ef_toon_zelda.pac, size:128 off:2ADBF520
\effect\fighter\ef_roy.pac, size:128 off:2AD02780

I was just looking at the list, all these are of equal size, as Chepe said it is more plausable they could be just a costume change of sorts (Like the fighting alloys).

Yet again I have no leading expert upon this matter.
if this is true, then Mewtwo is probably a Lucario alternative costume....roy is probably a Marth alternative, and Toon Sheik/Zelda are Zelda/Sheik alternatives.

but I doubt it.

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
notice how small the cut-character's files are...only "128" definitely not enough info for them to be unlocked...even with AR.
Yet again; how are these explained?

\effect\fighter\ef_gamewatch.pac, size:128 off:2A9E6AC0
\effect\fighter\ef_sheik.pac, size:128 off:2AD1B920
\effect\fighter\ef_gkoopa.pac, size:128 off:2A9F5F40​

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
I mentioned this in another thread, but I thought I was posting in this thread actually... Anyway, notice how the characters that were not part of the playable roster but suggest that they were still in the data do not have information for things such as Final Smashes and Kirby Hats. Seems they cut them before giving them those traits, or didn't even do any programing beyond the models, or even less. Hard to say since they don't have any real purpose in the game as it is.

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Yet again;

\effect\fighter\ef_gamewatch.pac, size:128 off:2A9E6AC0
\effect\fighter\ef_sheik.pac, size:128 off:2AD1B920
\effect\fighter\ef_gkoopa.pac, size:128 off:2A9F5F40​
nevermind...I didn't look close enough.

Hmmm, strange.

either way, they're not listed later on in the coding....so unless there's some ultra-super-secret-weirdo code...then I doubt they're there, except in name.

Chepe

Smash Lord
But then it doesnt explain why Mr. Game & Watch's file is so small when he has everything the actual playable characters do...

Sephi_hatu

Smash Apprentice
Beats me.. might as well add the pokeball pokemon and the lack of Toon Link's bombs and Peach's turnips to your list. :\
That made me think more, but Pits arrows, both links arrows, and peaches turnips should have files too. So should each individual pikmin (Tho surely the hoaxer isnt dumb enough to have left the pikmin out, right?).

I havnt bothered to look for these, and Im not gonna. Its fake..

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Lol, seeing Dixie Kong in brawl would seem wierd to me, especially if she is a clone of Diddy Kong (which I really can't see happening).

Chepe

Smash Lord
We cant say its fake completely just yet. And seriously, I think Pra Mai as Plusle and Minun (and no Pichu) validates it a bit. Kinda how like when NyaseNya said there was a character called "Toon" Link in the game, the name itself made it more likely...

What kind of hoaxer would have put Pra Mai in there?

Sephi_hatu

Smash Apprentice
We cant say its fake completely just yet. And seriously, I think Pra Mai as Plusle and Minun (and no Pichu) validates it a bit. Kinda how like when NyaseNya said there was a character called "Toon" Link in the game, the name itself made it more likely...

What kind of hoaxer would have put Pra Mai in there?
The same kind of person who would have wrote a 100 page fake halo script.

Hasnt somone already ripped the code? Wouldnt he have noticed any of this?

I see no reason to believe this. Theres reason to believe this is fake. It certainly doesnt help that whoever made this list isnt standing up for himself.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What I wouldn't do to have that as the roster. Same thing, but no Pichu (actually, I'd rather have Pichu then Dr. Mario, lol; sorry). :laugh:

But no Krystal or EVEN Ridley makes me wonder if this is real. Ridley is only about 20% bigger then Bowser, and he seems like he could have originally been playable. I think this could be real, but I'm not sure. If Geno was suppose to be in the game, he'd be in, since he's a third party character.

And that IS THE PROBLEM, Your Hero. We don't know where it came from. If a vaild and reliable source confirms this, then we know it's real. :)

tshahi10

Smash Ace
well, i have one small theory that could make this true, well.. justify the small sizes of the non-playable chars like toon zelda shiek. i have know idea why the real sheik is 128
well, what if characters were downloadable through wifi. maybe sakurai had only a skeleton programmed into the disk so that the downloads would be way smoother..or something. it is very improbable.. but possible ya think?

Top Bottom