• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl's Coding reveals intended character content

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I don't think those PCs make sense anymore

Considering That these are the new PCs:

Toon Zelda/Sheik
Roy
Pra_Mai (best if we don't consider it as Plusle and Minun)
Mewtwo
Doc
Dixie

How would they be added to the final roaster?
The only way they could possibly be added to the game (with them making sense) is taking the wario approach, where they are unlockable alternate costumes..

The problem is I don't see how Plusle and Minun could be added :\..

Chepe

Smash Lord
I think its best to think of these as beta or "during production" character elements that never got finished or were dropped, yes. And Pra_Mai really has no other explanation, and the fact that Pichu is missing is just more evidence that the character is Plusle/Minun.

And I dont think anyone has been able to PROVE it fake, so people should stop saying it cant be real...

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Hey, will petitioning Nintendo for Downloadable content for Brawl help at all?
I don't recall petitioning ever doing anything... unless everyone joined together which will never happen... death usually gets through to people though.
I don't think those PCs make sense anymore

Considering That these are the new PCs:

Toon Zelda/Sheik
Roy
Pra_Mai (best if we don't consider it as Plusle and Minun)
Mewtwo
Doc
Dixie

How would they be added to the final roaster?
The only way they could possibly be added to the game (with them making sense) is taking the wario approach, where they are unlockable alternate costumes..

The problem is I don't see how Plusle and Minun could be added :\..
I'd rather have clones than no more new characters at all, and I also see your point about the roster, and where they would be added... I guess it would have to be sorta like Street fighter vs Marvel where characters were available only through certain characters...

and remember Nana is usable in melee if you go through the alts

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Interesting to note: Kirby gets a different hat if he sucks up Wario Man rather than Wario.

There are so many things on this list... I'm going to dig deeper and see what else I can find.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Hmm.. I wonder now.. Do they have anything like this in the code for Melee? We could see what characters were intended to be playable in Melee, too.

And yeah.. someone see if you can extract the characters. If they have models for them.. that'd be really interesting.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
If that link is true, that means there are only a dissapointing 27 Assist Trophies. Fake.

There is a Koopa and G(iga)Koopa on that list. There is also Ganon, but no Ganondorf. Fake.

Popo and Nana are separate, but Pra_Mai is one model? Either not Plusle and Minun, or Fake.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I think I remember Ganondorf being shortened to Ganon on Melee's debug mode. Is that right? it would explain that.

Got me about Plusle and minun or whatever

Chepe

Smash Lord
Interesting to note: Kirby gets a different hat if he sucks up Wario Man rather than Wario.

There are so many things on this list... I'm going to dig deeper and see what else I can find.
Thats kinda... odd. Are you sure it isnt "Overalls" Wario that gives Kirby a different hat? (the plumber one)

Because it wouldnt make sense for Kirby to get the hat of a Final Smash. If he cant get Giga Bowser, yet can get Warioman... or does Warioman have a different B move?

G-X

Smash Apprentice
I think I remember Ganondorf being shortened to Ganon on Melee's debug mode. Is that right? it would explain that.
Evin if that was right (it probably is), the fact remains that Ganondorf (gerudo form) AND Ganon (giant pig form) are in this game. Koopa, Wario, and Samus all have separate fighter data for their FS transformations, but Ganondorf does not?

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
if this is fake, i would be surprised at the extent of the person who went thru all of that just to get some attention

also i think the whole ganon and FS thing is because u cant control his pig form after he transforms right? i mean all i saw was ganon transforming into pig and then doing a dash and all of a sudden it was done. im not sure if that was controllable tho

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Evin if that was right (it probably is), the fact remains that Ganondorf (gerudo form) AND Ganon (giant pig form) are in this game. Koopa, Wario, and Samus all have separate fighter data for their FS transformations, but Ganondorf does not?

That's because all Ganon does in his pig form is a straight charge attack, which isn't comparable to how Giga and wario man can move around and attack like normal characters.

madleviathan

Smash Apprentice
Why would you need two models for Plusle and Minun? They pretty much look the same and would have to act the same to be different from the ice climbers. One model for both is believable.
Just because something's dissapointing to you, doesn't mean it isn't real. Like the 35 roster, 27 assist trophies isn't that unrealistic.

Also, does anyone think that if this is real, instead of dowloadable content, Nintendo would just "unlock" these characters for you? Like Pokemon with it's legendaries. It wouldn't waste space if it's already on there.

Chepe

Smash Lord
No, Beast Ganon is just an animation, not a character. Same with Jigglypuff's Final Smash, she just becomes huge, screams, then deflates. They are not controllable, so you wouldnt expect them to have fighter data...

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Why would you need two models for Plusle and Minun? They pretty much look the same and would have to act the same to be different from the ice climbers. One model for both is believable.
Just because something's dissapointing to you, doesn't mean it isn't real. Like the 35 roster, 27 assist trophies isn't that unrealistic.

Also, does anyone think that if this is real, instead of dowloadable content, Nintendo would just "unlock" these characters for you? Like Pokemon with it's legendaries. It wouldn't waste space if it's already on there.
popo and nana are slightly different, yet the same. coloration/hair
Plusle and Minun are slightly different, yet the same. coloration/chest symbols

plusle and minun should have different character models if the ice climbers do.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
There's no kirby hat or final smash data. They'd have to give an update, unless they wanted the game to glitch out anytime Roy or whoever got a smash ball.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I didn't see Pichu on the names. wow, it would of really have been funny if all those Melee characters got in except for Pichu. Of course Plusle & Minun probably would have been a replacement anyway.

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
i believe plusle and minun dont have separate character data probably because they gave up on them the moment they added some little data in

Chepe

Smash Lord

I believe this is real, but Plusle and Minun WOULD require two models because their ears, tails, colors, etc. are different. Just look at how Popo and Nana are two fighters because they just have different hairstyle, color, and voice.

HOWEVER, It is easy to deduce that the Plusle and Minun concept was scrapped extremely early in development, probably when they were just two Pichus following each other, which would explain why they could still share a databank...

And the Nintendo "unlocking" the character doesnt make sense. The event Pokemon are completely coded into the games and can be obtained by cheat devices easily, but it is likely that these leftover scraps cannot become playable by simply calling them forth. People need to realize that if these are real, they are just imprints of ideas during development.

madleviathan

Smash Apprentice
popo and nana are slightly different, yet the same. coloration/hair
Plusle and Minun are slightly different, yet the same. coloration/chest symbols

plusle and minun should have different character models if the ice climbers do.
But if Plusle and Minun fight simeltaneously then it'd only be using two of the same character model. The ice climbers don't fight at the same time as one.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
Hmm.. I wonder now.. Do they have anything like this in the code for Melee? We could see what characters were intended to be playable in Melee, too.

And yeah.. someone see if you can extract the characters. If they have models for them.. that'd be really interesting.
melee was structured nothign like this......

it was all numbers and letters.

we dumped the ram and tweaked to find out what was what. values, lines, subvalues...

platnum

Smash Lord
To elaborate...this solves the DLC problem, by pre-coding the chars, you can just DL the missing stuff and unlock the char!
sorta like pokemon's event exclusives.

Chepe

Smash Lord
But if Plusle and Minun fight simeltaneously then it'd only be using two of the same character model. The ice climbers don't fight at the same time as one.
Im sure you are right because thats probably as far as they got. If Plusle and Minun got in the finished product, then their character data would be separated just like the Ice Climbers because of their slightly different models.

But, I bet that since Plusle and Minun were mentioned by Sakurai in his journal in the old Japanese Dojo, that during development someone took a look at Pichu and decided to make a Pichu duo as a basis for Plusle/Minun. Thats probably as far as it got before the idea got scrapped. Its just such an easy scenario to imagine.

DLC confirmed!
Please dont get too excited over this, it really doesnt mean anything other than showing us some of the ideas tossed around during development. Please stop seeing this as possible DLC content peeps... The event Pokemon are fully coded into their games, these bits of data are unfinished.

platnum

Smash Lord
Im sure you are right because thats probably as far as they got. If Plusle and Minun got in the finished product, then their character data would be separated just like the Ice Climbers because of their slightly different models.

But, I bet that since Plusle and Minun were mentioned by Sakurai in his journal in the old Japanese Dojo, that during development someone took a look at Pichu and decided to make a Pichu duo as a basis for Plusle/Minun. Thats probably as far as it got before the idea got scrapped. Its just such an easy scenario to imagine.

Please dont get too excited over this, it really doesnt mean anything other than showing us some of the ideas tossed around during development. Please stop seeing this as possible DLC content peeps... The event Pokemon are fully coded into their games, these bits of data are unfinished.
I said "sorta like" not exactly, but DLC is still unlikely...I can still dream tho.

madleviathan

Smash Apprentice
Downloadable content would probably be something minor like music or trophies.
Why would Dixie be in the game while K.Rool isn't even a sticker?

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Dixie can be a copy of Diddy. K. Rool can be a copy of.. what? Bowser? Dixie makes more sense if you aren't coming up with full new movesets.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dixie can be a copy of Diddy. K. Rool can be a copy of.. what? Bowser? Dixie makes more sense if you aren't coming up with full new movesets.
Dixie without Hair spin doesn't make any sense

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Dixie without Hair spin doesn't make any sense
Well none of the clones in Brawl are full clones, are they? She could still have most of Diddy's moves, just not all of them.

Personally, I think Dixie's there because they wanted to make Diddy and Dixie a duo like Ice Climbers.. I mean it was suggested and it seemed like they were amused by the idea.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Umm, what about Pikachu's accessories, then? Aren't those different models, but yet listed under the same title. In Melee, the Ice Climbers are listed as "poponana" whereas in Brawl they are listed as just "popo." Perhaps early on, someone played with the idea of splitting up the Ice Climbers into two playable characters, and letting Plusle & Minun be the tag team, and when the latter idea was dropped, the former was as well? Perhaps, Nana, Plusle & Minun, Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, and Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik were all meant to be the clones of Brawl, but were dropped early on because of the clone complaints, whereas the clones in Brawl are pretty much popular clones from Melee or "Luigified" new clones.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Umm, what about Pikachu's accessories, then? Aren't those different models, but yet listed under the same title. In Melee, the Ice Climbers are listed as "poponana" whereas in Brawl they are listed as just "popo." Perhaps early on, someone played with the idea of splitting up the Ice Climbers into two playable characters, and letting Plusle & Minun be the tag team, and when the latter idea was dropped, the former was as well? Perhaps, Nana, Plusle & Minun, Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, and Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik were all meant to be the clones of Brawl, but were dropped early on because of the clone complaints, whereas the clones in Brawl are pretty much popular clones from Melee or "Luigified" new clones.
Pikachu with different hats still has the same voice. Thats a KEY difference. Also, Nana is on the list separate from Popo, take a look.

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
Well, if they are really partially programed in the game, then there IS a possibility to "download" them. Don't quote me on that. I hope it's possible and they plan to do it though...

Chepe

Smash Lord
Its better to just admit to yourself that those characters will never be available for download, and that there is a low chance anyone will ever get them to even work properly with cheat devices.

For me, I just like the insight into what went on in the last 2 years. I wish there was a way to interview Sakurai or someone on the team about these...

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu with different hats still has the same voice. Thats a KEY difference. Also, Nana is on the list separate from Popo, take a look.
I've seen the list in this topic, which are YOU talking about?

Chepe

Smash Lord
I've seen the list in this topic, which are YOU talking about?
This part of the list:

\effect\fighter\ef_metaknight.pac, size:302720 off:2AB1D5E0
\effect\fighter\ef_mewtwo.pac, size:128 off:2AB67460
\effect\fighter\ef_nana.pac, size:128 off:2AB674E0
\effect\fighter\ef_ness.pac, size:240832 off:2AB67560
\effect\fighter\ef_peach.pac, size:113280 off:2ABA2220

Nana has a separate fighter file than Popo because of her hair, color, and voice difference probably. Wario has an alternate costume yet it doesnt get its own file, and so neither does Pikachu or Jigglypuff. They all have the same voice when putting on different accessories.

Chepe

Smash Lord
In another thread I and other good members have realized that AT/Pokeballs characters Sothe, Rosalina, Duster, Pegasus Knight, Regigigas, Onix, and Shaymin are missing from the list, and incidentally have not been seen in any video either... could they have dropped them between Jumpfesta and the final product?

If so, WHAT WENT DOWN that last month of development? It doesnt make sense at all!

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
In another thread I and other good members have realized that AT/Pokeballs characters Sothe, Rosalina, Duster, Pegasus Knight, Regigigas, Onix, and Shaymin are missing from the list, and incidentally have not been seen in any video either... could they have dropped them between Jumpfesta and the final product?

If so, WHAT WENT DOWN that last month of development? It doesnt make sense at all!
The list that showed AT's was probably fake lol! But, I must admit, Plusle and Minun would have been cool. Notice that this list contains all Melee characters (if you count Plusle and Minun as Pichu).

Top Bottom