• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago's MK vs Itachi! Clash of Brokeness! Brawl/Melee/Naruto/TvC/HDR January 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

lain

Smash Master
make it 55%/30%/10%/2.5%/2.5% if it happens. no reason to give 1st a whole 10% less, nor give 3rd place more.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Can we play Brawl+ instead?

>_<

The parking makes me cringe...I don't particularly care to pay for parking too.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Lain I guess you are right, and 5th place can split the 2.5% they earn. lol

If we get over 50 participants we can do:

1st - 55%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th - 2.5%
5th - (2.5% split between both 5th place winners)

Kish, we aren't doing Brawl+, but I might consider it for a future event if it gets enough interest. ^_^

Parking is $.050 for 30 Minutes with a max of 2 hours, is essentially $1 for 2 hours. The Main Street Parking Meters are up to 9PM then Free, the Rear/Side Street Meters are until 6PM then Free.

Parking Lots range from $10-20 for all day parking.

Basically Parking Lots are cheaper if you carpool with people and they are willing to split a Parking Lot pay, instead of running in and out to pay Parking meters or getting worried of getting Towed or getting a Ticket. Just suggesting a few things.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Ok, I might have to break the habit and come to this...investigating possibilities...now.

Can anyone explain the parking situation? Is this far enough out of Chicago that it has its own parking lot, or do we have to pay?
If you do end up coming to this.... Any chance I could get a ride? As much as I hate paying for parking too, I'd have no problems helping you out there as well as chip in for gas.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
sweet new venue for the next one, i never really did like screenz all that much, they tended to like to kick us out early even though they said we could stay as long as we needed for the cyber arena X.

anyways brawl + isn't going to have enough people who want to play it. (people don't know how to set it up on their brawls so they can't pratice.. so yeah..)

lain

Smash Master
55%_30%_10%_5%

sounds good. i forgot 4th place existed and treated them like the two spots that are tied for 5th.

but yeah that should be good. Top 4 is sexy.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Prime, you should come to this. It'd be fun to meet you after talking on the podcast.

Whoa. 2 mods cool. And an SBR possibly...

I think Michigan is going to **** like last time...
If Prime comes, then thats actually 2 mods and 2 SBR members. Throw in Anther and you have 3 SBR members coming to this :D. And you think MI is going to ****?

Scythe

Smash Master
Hell No. Maybe teams what with all the GaW/Gaw and MK/Gaw teams you guys have but not singles. lol

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
wow lain thats really nice of you to say, i'd expect something more like, "eat a ****" from you. XD

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
the darkness is the master of this tournament...

all will knell before his dark and dark strats!

ONLY TWO DAYS LET!!!

SOMEONE BETTER BRING SC4...:bee:

Vayseth

Smash Master
Anther's coming, NOJ will beat everyone Anther doesn't, Lain will beat everyone they don't and SP will make top 8 but not beat any of those three.

S.O.L.I.D. is clearly more of a fanboy than someone who looks at actual results XD

Vayseth

Smash Master
All I gotta say is I wanna see a 64-man bracket.

Does anyone have TIO? I will bring one of my laptops to run TIO because it'll take too long to do it all pen and paper.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Anther's coming, NOJ will beat everyone Anther doesn't, Lain will beat everyone they don't and SP will make top 8 but not beat any of those three.
Hey, remember the part about me playing the character that counters NoJ's?

Way to be a dick.

Shintarru

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1676-4016-3956
So with pre registration you can just come there and at the touney time?

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hey, remember the part about me playing the character that counters NoJ's?

Way to be a dick.
Awww, but NOJ has a wii now, so he's got his snake practice. I think NOJ's back in it. You'll do fine SP, really, you will. 2nd place is a little much. If you do it, I'll be proud. Prove me wrong son.

KishPrime

BRoomer
What? Didn't I give you my cell #?

I might later...I just hate to part with any of my 1000 messages.

The other problem is that I no longer play vanilla brawl, and I hate parking in cities more than anything on God's green Earth.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Prime... ya gotta go. You could probably arrange a car pool with someone if you stay with someone Friday night so you don't have to worry about parking. Tis what I do.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
What? Didn't I give you my cell #?

I might later...I just hate to part with any of my 1000 messages.

The other problem is that I no longer play vanilla brawl, and I hate parking in cities more than anything on God's green Earth.
I have Jeff's number, but not yours. I guess I could have always called him and gotten it. I just didn't think that far ahead. x_X

I understand if you don't want to go. I just saw you voice interest so I naturally jumped at the chance for a ride. My car can't make long trips.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
dude he got panda edited

Kakashi i almost got to come :( but o well MI better rep and Kakashi see you at my tourney
lol i know he edited it, i was just messing around.

but yeah can't wait to see what happens. sad that i won't be there to win first. :(

KishPrime

BRoomer
Meh, it's still possible. I'll try to give you a call tonight through Jeff if I'm gonna do it.

goodkid

Smash Lord
This is going to be good, don't think that I'll make it this time, goodluck to everyone, & I'll try my best to make it @ the next monthly. It will be awesome to finally meet some Midwest smashers in person, but not this time ;_;

metroid1117

Smash Master
Kirk asked earlier if there were going to be pools for Brawl Singles, and you (Dark Kakashi) responded that there would be pools at 2 if enough people were interested.

1) As of now, do you think there will be pools?
2) If I arrive after pools start (but not before they finish), will I be able to "jump in" on a pool as long as I pay the registration+venue fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom