• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago's MK vs Itachi! Clash of Brokeness! Brawl/Melee/Naruto/TvC/HDR January 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I don't work friday or saturday. I am going to a tourny on friday, and now tempted to come to this. Hmm..

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
That's cool Quivo. I remember I played your Toon Link at SB3, would be nice to play you again. ^_^

For the Naruto players;

Everyone that is entering Naruto Clash Of Ninja Revolution 2 we are going to have a group picture!

The picture is been sent to TOMY Corp and they are going to put it on their website! ^_^

khepri

Smash Lord
You should just assign the gift card to the 3rd biggest event. That's fair.

MI Crew:

Omniswell- Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles, TvC, EX3
SamuraiPanda- Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles, TvC, (Maybe EX3, Rev2)
Bowyer- Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
NOJ- Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
Anther- Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
lain-Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
Vayseth- Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles, Rev2, EX3
What's The Point- Brawl Singles, TvC, (Maybe EX3, Rev2)
Killtz- Rev2, EX3
GTFO Candy- Rev2, EX3

Maybes (we'll know by tomorrow):
Toph- Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
Terf- Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
Noone from MI is even going to try and play melee singles? Shame...

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
They probably forgot about Melee, since many of the Melee people are just Maybe and not many have confirmed to show up. I know lately more of the Melee people are starting to say they want to go, so hopefully if they see a bigger turn out for Melee they might join it.

We all know what happened last time we had Melee at my tournament, this is why I am trying to fix that by having Melee not at 7PM, but at 2PM. So maybe more can show up on time and actually participate. Hope the schedule change to Melee helps bring more people to that tournament.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
bah i wish this was the 31st.

speaking of the 31st does anyone know if anything is happening the 31st?

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I need to be cheered up and made fun of this weekend (for good laughs)...

I'm seriously depressed and remember everyone we're celebrating my bday this weekend...

so YAY me...I guess:(

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
Oh I'll go for the melee. Bringing a setup again too. Won't lose to Khepri's falcon either, Just Like Last Tournament.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I updated the PreReg list!

Zjiin, I am assuming you are entering Melee, so I added you to that. lol

The Melee potential crowd is growing, let's just hope they show up this time. Unlike last time... where I think half of the people showed up for Melee that said they would be showing up. >_>;

I am hoping some of the Melee people bring a Full Set Up, so we can have Melee running all day in a section of the place. ^_^

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
It turns out I won't be coming to this. I have some stuff going on at school this Saturday. Can you take me off the prereg list, as well as the set-up list?

QUIVO

Smash Master
That's cool Quivo. I remember I played your Toon Link at SB3, would be nice to play you again. ^_^

For the Naruto players;

Everyone that is entering Naruto Clash Of Ninja Revolution 2 we are going to have a group picture!

The picture is been sent to TOMY Corp and they are going to put it on their website! ^_^
We played? Which one were you?

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I played many characters, I forgot who I actually played against you though. I was mainly using Pikachu, Olimar, and Kirby at SB3.

I do remember seeing you beast with Toon Link though at that tournament.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Hm... I remember playing a kirby like first round. Then a pikachu, but he said he was trained by anther

metroid1117

Smash Master
GOOD NEWS! I can go for Brawl Singles. I can also bring a setup, BUT I will be coming late (later than 2, not too sure because I have an interview that ends "early afternoon"). Will I still be able to waive $5 from the venue fee?

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Ok, I might have to break the habit and come to this...investigating possibilities...now.

Can anyone explain the parking situation? Is this far enough out of Chicago that it has its own parking lot, or do we have to pay?

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
D.K congrats...the higher ups from probably the BEST SSB related website in the country/world are a taking notice of your tournaments

:chuckle:

Kish: we do indeed hope u are able to make it safely (depending weather).

d.k fill them in on the parking situation one more gain...:dizzy:

Zjiin

Smash Master
Ok, I might have to break the habit and come to this...investigating possibilities...now.

Can anyone explain the parking situation? Is this far enough out of Chicago that it has its own parking lot, or do we have to pay?
Parking is a pain in the arse since it's the northside and practically no parking lots. A lot of smart guys got towed last time because for some reason they thought it would be clever to park in resturaunt lots. Some people are parking closer to downtown and just riding the bus up there since it drops you off right in front. Parking in the area is possible, just difficult. I think they had meters on the sides of streets but not sure. You will definitely need to pay for any parking lots you find.

[Edit] Times i typed "park" : 6

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Metroid, that is fine, if you bring it and we use, which I think we will considering the amount of Brawl players showing up, you will get the $5 off.

Kish, like Zjiin said, parking is hard to find in that area. It is basically around Wrigleyville, so all the parking is by Parking Meters or Parking Lots. If you show up early like before 11AM you will fine Parking around the area, after that it starts getting hard to find parking. This why some people do what Zjiin said.

Next months, tourney is going to be at a new Venue closer to the Highway and far enough from downtown where there are No Parking Meters, more Free Neighborhood Parking, and actual Parking Lot. The bus also drops you off in front of the new venue. I will update on that venue after this tournament is over.

I will update the PreReg list later and hope everyone has a good time. I am trying to get this venue ready for all the people showing up, but considering how big these are getting, is the reason why I am looking at the a new venue to host the future events.

See you all this weekend. ^_^

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
ATM, no.
Just cause it will take way too long especially with the potential turn out as it is.

If we get enough set-ups and people want to, I can do Pools for Singles at 2PM and then do the bracket after wards, but that solely depends on the amount of set-ups that we have for Brawl.

If people bring set-ups and not just Wii and game, but also TVs, then I see no problem in running Pools, but otherwise, I would just do a bracket with the people showing up. I know it sucks, but is the only thing I can do if we are limited in Set-Ups. So if you guys want Pools, make sure to bring Set-ups and I will run it at 2PM.

Also, in case we get over 50 people in Brawl Singles, Top 5 will get payed. 50%-25%-12.5%-6.25%-3.125%-3.125%

Otherwise, is just 60%-30%-10%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom