• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chu Dat's DOJO Results

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
no johns poyo I beat your mk with rob. 70/30 your favor.

kirby is about even to rob, but I hd just played chu's kirby so I was ready for tricks.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
no johns poyo I beat your mk with rob. 70/30 your favor.

kirby is about even to rob, but I hd just played chu's kirby so I was ready for tricks.
I SECONDARY MK, you main R.O.B.

This is why I need to stop playing MK, I main Kirby yet use MK too much. He's easier to play so I don't have to try as much but....yeah....I need to stop.

Anyway yeah, to generalize.

Kawaii Poyo = Worst Smasher on the East Coast

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

After playing other fighting games / watching their vids / reading their forums, smash is actually a lot less campy than those other fighting games. But there's a huge difference, their community views camping as a valid strategy, they even have nicer terms for it (zoning, turtling). I look at some character threads of theirs and some of them are heavily based on camping, and people were discussing ways to camp better like its completely normal.

For some reason camping is viewed negatively in the smash community. I used to think it was gay when I was a kid, but after playing a lot of other games competitively, camping is in all games and is as valid a strategy as any other.

Step it up.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Complaining about what? Anyway I have no one to smash with on Wi-Fi, I'm terrible. TBH, no I can't get better, unless I sneak out of my house everyday to goto smashfestz LOL

Hell, MY BRAWL DISC DOESN'T EVEN WORK ANYMORE! I can't even play the game anymore, oh well, no "I don't have Brawl" johnz, Boss still makez money off this game and he doesn't have it.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/repair_form_us_ssbb.jsp
Your lens cleaner is probably the problem. It's pretty common, you're not the only one.

@Tant-one of us tried to break into your car? @.@

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Yeah... it does that to everyone. It's a dust buildup in your wii and your wii can't read double layered discs AKA brawl.

What's the point of homebrew if you can't play the game? Just get it back after.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
After playing other fighting games / watching their vids / reading their forums, smash is actually a lot less campy than those other fighting games. But there's a huge difference, their community views camping as a valid strategy, they even have nicer terms for it (zoning, turtling). I look at some character threads of theirs and some of them are heavily based on camping, and people were discussing ways to camp better like its completely normal.

For some reason camping is viewed negatively in the smash community. I used to think it was gay when I was a kid, but after playing a lot of other games competitively, camping is in all games and is as valid a strategy as any other.

Step it up.

Holy freaking crap, Azen made a post using the letter "S" instead of "Z", guys this situation is serious. Seriously, this is pretty inspiring, I don't even know why it is really, it just is, for me at least.

In any case anyone in NoVa wants to smash during the week or weekends PM me I'm in Alexandria, basically in Falls Church though, I'll come to you, or you can come over, and I know I'm relatively unknown but I do want to step it up.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
But if they update my Wii which is likely to happen...I CAN'T RE-INSTALL HOMEBREW :(
Technically, if Comex's new exploit comes out soon, that might not be a valid john to send it back :laugh:

Homebrew was accidentally erased from my Wii and someone else updated to 4.0U through Nintendo (not me) so I'm checking like every hour for this to be released to enjoy Brawl+ again.

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
altho i pretty much got my butt handed to me in singles, the friendlies were worthwhile matches that gave me some perspective and watching some of the better kirbys (namely chu's)
hopefully i can step it up with more matchup experience (man meep, your chaingrabs and infinites are like perfectly timed, definitely one of the best in md/va)

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
falco03 said:
poyp i juss got on now and im not hiding from no one ur the biggest scrub around here......mm me for 50
On my profile page.

LOLOL, talk about throwing away money, I accepted lol, I'm using my G&W, Kirby rapez Falco and that wouldn't be too fun

I'm not going to a tourney unless I have at least $50 so I can do this MM. I doubt Lie will even pay up if he losez lol

Krono

Smash Rookie
hey Chu !!!!!! have another dojo soon, to much fun.... can't wait to come to next one. thanks again :)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I think we're all spoiled with how good Melee and Smash 64 were, in terms of approaching and attacking. Those games are very offensive, and nothing comes close to them in terms of attacking.
Guilty Gear allows more offense than any other game. It literally punishes you if you camp by killing your tension meter.

ChuDat

Smash Master
I just e-mailed the owner of the place and asked him when we can do another one. I suggested May 16th or May 30th. I'll let everyone know once I get a reply back from him =D.

Also, I don't think you can compare camping in smash to other campy fighting games. Each match in Brawl at a competitive level takes about 5-8 minutes. Each match in street fighter games and any other fighting games takes about 2-4 minutes at high level play. A person can camp for so long before they become frustrated and impatient which I haven't seen happen in street fighter and other games. "Turtling, zoning, ect" is COMPLETELY different in other fighting games and incomparable with Brawl.

Although, learning how to camp in Brawl may teach someone to have more patience =) haha.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I just e-mailed the owner of the place and asked him when we can do another one. I suggested May 16th or May 30th. I'll let everyone know once I get a reply back from him =D.

Also, I don't think you can compare camping in smash to other campy fighting games. Each match in Brawl at a competitive level takes about 5-8 minutes. Each match in street fighter games and any other fighting games takes about 2-4 minutes at high level play. A person can camp for so long before they become frustrated and impatient which I haven't seen happen in street fighter and other games. "Turtling, zoning, ect" is COMPLETELY different in other fighting games and incomparable with Brawl.

Although, learning how to camp in Brawl may teach someone to have more patience =) haha.
I take it you don't play any other fighting games seriously.......

ChuDat

Smash Master
I take it you don't play any other fighting games seriously.......
I was mainly directing my post towards azen, if that makes sense.

And nope, I only play smash. I'm just basing all of that off of a few high level tourney matches i've seen. My point is, Brawl and other games are incomparable because brawls matches are 6-8 minutes compared to the 2-4 minute matches of other games. Time difference is a big factor since camping takes a lot of energy out of a person. The longer you camp, the more you feel like you want to attack

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR

I agree with Chu and Azen, lol. In street fighter turtling is totally looked at as a viable strategy. The only problem is smash gives you more maneuverability, bigger stages and a lot more invincibility frames(Rolling,spot dodging, grabbing the ledge). Because of this camping can be exploited to it's full potential. with out sonmething like the 50 ledge grab rule, there's really no way to stop it.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Guilty Gear has massively good camping/turtling options, too. It's just a crappy strategy because your tension meter gets ***** if you don't approach, which means you can't do big damage unless you're some stupid character like Slayer or Potemkin...but they don't have projectiles or screen-wide moves, so they have to approach anyways.

Defensive options in Guilty Gear include:
-Normal blocking, low and high obviously
-Blocking in the air, which includes faultless defense for blocking ground moves while in the air
-Faultless defense uses some tension but you don't take chip damage so you can live forever
-Bursting to get out of combos
-Extremely fast dashes and jumps, and some are invincible like Potemkin's backdash and ABA's command dash

Even in this highly offensive game, you can camp and run out the clock.

Running out a 60-99 second clock is so much easier than running out an 8 minute clock.

You know that attacking is safer in this game, so you're more inclined to attack all the time despite the time difference thing you're talking about.

If you think of one match in a fighting game as one stock in a Smash match, which is accurate, then what you're saying is wrong.

Rigel, my best friend, is a top SC4 player and he plays Smash with me, and he thinks the two games have a lot of comparable things, and SC4 is more different from Smash than games like SF4 and MVC2.

Most Smash players don't really play anything else seriously. I consistently attend tournaments for other games and have friends that are good at them. I was at Texas Showdown and chatted with Justin Wong as usual and stuff like that because it was at the same venue as WHOBO. I go to majors a lot and I actually play Guilty Gear at a competitive level.

ChuDat

Smash Master
That's exactly right. One stock in brawl is definitely the same thing as one whole match in sc4, tekken, street fighter, ect.. You fail to realize that there are multiple stocks in Brawl, and aside from those stocks there are tournament sets of 3 and 5 which can last from 15-30 minutes (Atomsk and I took half an hour to complete our set.).

I'm sure SC4 is comparable to Brawl because you can move about the whole stage and such. I'm comparing time though, nothing else.

Yeah, I agree that most smash players don't play anything else seriously, do you? Fire emblem doesn't count lolz.

Brawl camping and the time played is incomparable to anything else!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I have yet to see a Guilty Gear match get decided by the clock.

Faultless defense only lasts as long as you have tension, which as you noted decreases by camping. And the burst meter fills so slowly that you'd never have more than one burst in a round.

Attacking isn't just safer; the game is designed in such a way as to make camping an unwinnable strategy. Turtling works, yes (I main Baiken, the biggest turtle in the game), but only to turn the match around and put you back on the offensive.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
You fail to realize that there are multiple stocks in Brawl, and aside from those stocks there are tournament sets of 3 and 5 which can last from 15-30 minutes (Atomsk and I took half an hour to complete our set.).

Those were honestly the most fun matches i've ever played in brawl to date.:)

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

Its easily comparable. Chu you only play smash so you wouldn't really know lollz. I've played many kinds of games and camping/aggression is in every one of them.

People don't just only play a single match in other fighters, it usually a best of 3 or 5 within another best of 3 or 5 or some ****. Yes smash is a bit longer, but not by such an extreme amount that it would invalidate certain strategies.

If you don't have the patience to continuously camp, well there's always room for improvement! Or try changing your style if camping isn't working.

Inui: Is Blaz Blue like Guilty Gear? I'm interested in that. I wanted to get into GG, but didn't get a chance to.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Its easily comparable. Chu you only play smash so you wouldn't really know lollz. I've played many kinds of games and camping/aggression is in every one of them.

People don't just only play a single match in other fighters, it usually a best of 3 or 5 within another best of 3 or 5 or some ****. Yes smash is a bit longer, but not by such an extreme amount that it would invalidate certain strategies.

If you don't have the patience to continuously camp, well there's always room for improvement! Or try changing your style if camping isn't working.

Inui: Is Blaz Blue like Guilty Gear? I'm interested in that. I wanted to get into GG, but didn't get a chance to.

I've been playing fighting games since I was young, you just started. Do you know what Primal Rage is? lolz

A bit longer? A 15-30 minute set in Brawl is definitely a bit longer than other fighting games =Pz.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I've been playing fighting games since I was young, you just started. Do you know what Primal Rage is? lolz

A bit longer? A 15-30 minute set in Brawl is definitely a bit longer than other fighting games =Pz.
primal rage was awesome. i liked the small raptor guy and the tan T-rex with the sound waves.

Good **** Chu wit handling da brawl drama, you younger guys should step up correctly and not have Chu clean up after you. Get your **** together. (this is like the 3rd time ive heard about cops crashin brawl tourneys LAWL.)

good **** Atomsk

in short yes, same engine, same creators, same universe

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

I liked Vertigo and raptor guy in primal rage. I didn't play enough to get good at all though lol. Sure you have experience with the old games, but that only helps my case because I'm more experienced with modern games (brawl, sf4, tvc, sc4).

You can't just keep mentioning your match with atomsk. Obviously two campers together will make for some long games.
My matches in Brawl don't nearly take that long at all lollz. I don't even know why you're arguing, I thought you love camping LOL. I'm merely saying camping/zoning/turtling/passive is a valid strategy in all games.

Can't wait till BlazBlue and KoF12 come out on 360, too many fighters now!

ChuDat

Smash Master
I liked Vertigo and raptor guy in primal rage. I didn't play enough to get good at all though lol. Sure you have experience with the old games, but that only helps my case because I'm more experienced with modern games (brawl, sf4, tvc, sc4).

You can't just keep mentioning your match with atomsk. Obviously two campers together will make for some long games.
My matches in Brawl don't nearly take that long at all lollz. I don't even know why you're arguing, I thought you love camping LOL. I'm merely saying camping/zoning/turtling/passive is a valid strategy in all games.

Can't wait till BlazBlue and KoF12 come out on 360, too many fighters now!

I'm not arguing, you are just saying false statements about me so I have to defend that. Your conception is clearly flawed though and I don't feel it's necessary to go on so I'm done. Hey, its kind of like u saying "melee sux!" LOLZ

I agree that camping is a valid strategy, though, even if it comes down to a 8 minute match in Brawl.

Azen, you should watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4jYJ-Yjf3w

I laughed my azz off when I saw this LOLZ.

And yea, Primal Rage was the ****!!!!! Blizzard was my fav for obvious reasons haha

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

I didn't mean to piss you off my bad, I dunno what games you played in the past so I was only referring to the present time. But isn't smash the only fighting game you play nowadays? If not, lets play, I'm always down for different games!

Don't critically think about "melee sux" too much LOL, I just say it to easily make melee-lovers mad, its funny. I like Melee, just much less than Brawl. You like both much more than I do!

forute

Smash Ace
Holy freaking crap, Azen made a post using the letter "S" instead of "Z", guys this situation is serious. Seriously, this is pretty inspiring, I don't even know why it is really, it just is, for me at least.

In any case anyone in NoVa wants to smash during the week or weekends PM me I'm in Alexandria, basically in Falls Church though, I'll come to you, or you can come over, and I know I'm relatively unknown but I do want to step it up.
Smash with Hoodbridge 8)
we usually don't decide when to smash until the last minute though, lol
I'll PM you before next time although that might not be for a week or two :X

ChuDat

Smash Master
I didn't mean to piss you off my bad, I dunno what games you played in the past so I was only referring to the present time. But isn't smash the only fighting game you play nowadays? If not, lets play, I'm always down for different games!

Don't critically think about "melee sux" too much LOL, I just say it to easily make melee-lovers mad, its funny. I like Melee, just much less than Brawl. You like both much more than I do!

You down for Custom Robo? LOLZ.

How about PSO battle mode? I know Forte has nightmares after FattyChuz took down Forturbo :chuckle:

Top Bottom