• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Civil War 4, Richmond, Va Feat: PPMD and Cacti Streaming: twitch.tv/bifuteki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahone

Smash Champion
twitch, i dunno if im going yet, but we can team if you want and i end up going... but you should try to team with kevin, the bond between brothers is not to be underestimated!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
You guys do realize this is supposed to be a full 2 day event with a lot of people. If you guys don't come because of money issues (you have a month to come up with $50, it's not that hard) then...
>_>;

GUYS! Anyone from RU/VT going? I've got like only $33 in cash. If you'll happen to be in NOVA, I can pay whatever else I need to pay as soon as Summer starts

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
Civil War 4. Early bird preregistration ends in 5 days. Save yourself some money! Venue fee jumps from 20$ to 30$ on April 1st at 12:01am. Also, hotel is sold out outside of the reserved room block. I'm working on getting a 2nd hotel to reserve rooms, but you guys should start making housing/hosting plans.

rvatournaments.com/CivilWar

Call Melissa Colgin during business hours to reserve said room.

UPDATE:
Just got a block of rooms at the Days Inn about 20 blocks up the road. It's more expensive (103$ a night), but still discounted from 129. 15 rooms, mostly doubles.
http://tinyurl.com/cx3eqkv

Basic Schedule
Obviously I wont know until more pre-reg's come in but expect this:
Friday eve: FGC Team tourneys and side events
Saturday: Singles Start pretty early. At door registration will close before noon. (SSBM both singles and doubles groups will begin this day)
Sunday: Top X's in most games. X being # that didn't get finished on Saturday.

There will also be arcade cabs and a salty suite avail 24/7

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
The hotel that is hosting the tournament has a normal nightly rate or 99$ but it's almost full since it's Nascar weekend. Richmond rednecks lol.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Hey guys. Don't last minute pre-reg. It takes a day for them to send you the paypal e-mail. So try to pre-reg now.

rhan

Smash Hero
I just paid my invoice ****. Since I had it sent to me a while ago. Just wasn't around legit internet to actually get it done.

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
The hotel is full apparently. I tried getting a room on their site.
Call Melissa Colgin at the Hotel during business hours to reserve said room.

You can't get the room block online.

I just got another room block up the street a bit, as well.

rhan

Smash Hero
The thing is I was tryna get a room so I can get the other SoVA peeps settled.
I'll keep that in mind in case lots of us are actually going. So rooms won't be over crowded and rancid.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
yeah i know where your coming from, but im also trying to find a couple people to share my room with since i dont want to pay for it alone. Currently it looks like nobody needs a room thougth, unless everbody is being lazy and leaving it to the last minute >_<

QWA

Smash Apprentice
Finally, living in Virginia has an advantage. Have fun with your travel expenses everyone else! [That was the one time I will ever have the opportunity to say something like that, so don't get to mad at me you giant mob of West Coasters]

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Well I'm not a HUGE name from the WC, but I'd say I'm a decent player. ^^

Just noticed this thread in the top left corner of the site, and it brings me many joyful moments..

1. It's freaking MELEE. ^^ I like LOVE melee

2. It's my father's hometown, though myself and my father aren't relatively close. I spent many years of my life here, and would bring joyful memories and fun to me to come back, and enjoy the company of the smash scene here.

3. Sadly/Funny enough, it's also my Birthday weekend, (which relates to reason 1 and 2 both, in combination why I'd want to show here. I suppose why it'd mean alot for me to show. Many turning points of my life happened on my Bday when i was here. >.<

Sadly, like many of us, I'm nowhere near financially stable enough to get here (especially if tickets go up like crazy) but I mean it with all of my heart that I'm going to do EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING in my power to get here to this tournament. It'd mean the world to me to be able to have the main "joy" for me smash, and to visit my hometown in which I was raised also...

If I'm able to attend, I'd be looking for a teammate too, as I'm sure i'll be the only player from AZ attending... I play low tiers mainly, Yoshi, Roy, Mewtwo, but I also play spacies ^^ (like many of us eh?)
I'm not as good as some of my AZ brethren, and not what many of you would "request" to want to see, but I'll try not to disappoint.. ^^

If there are cheaper way(s) to get to this event (Traveling from AZ) that anyone can think of that think can help.. PLEASE let me know, I want to make a showing to this tourney, and to meet the scene here.. Hopefully, some of you wouldn't mind meeting me either.. ^^

I'm too shy/nervous to ask for a "player fund" of a sort, so I'm not necessarily going to ask for that, but if there are any of you that are (much more financially wealthy, than I am/willing to donate) if you wouldn't mind I'd take any help that I could get. trust me, I'm not EXPECTING it so please don't think Im trying to just use that to show here. Just a donation sort of thing.. ^^;
Hopefully Cyrain, and those of you that know me can help, and if not hopefully Cyrain can vouch for me? <3
If so, I thank everyone for even considering my message, if not I can understand as well, and I just want to do my best to make a showing for this event... ^^

Thanks again you all, Hopefully I can make something happen.. <3

~Vman~

Savedge

Smash Apprentice
Housing

Greg can stay at my house... maybe chillin or jon also... im like ten mins from venue

This is chu dat

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Of course
How long have you been in the smash community

I think he was only making that post for the benefit of the people he was housing
I'm also not sure if that was actually Chu or if he was just referencing a silly joke in the MDVA Facebook group <_<

rhan

Smash Hero
PP request for the paypal invoice thing today. It takes a day for the email to be sent to you.

ANd pay that **** before the 31st otherwise you have to request a new one since the price will increase.

Savedge

Smash Apprentice
Of course
How long have you been in the smash community

I think he was only making that post for the benefit of the people he was housing
I'm also not sure if that was actually Chu or if he was just referencing a silly joke in the MDVA Facebook group <_<

Thats exactly what i was doing... both with the housing.. and the joke...

look at my join date... i guess it's based on how many posts you make....???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom