• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Civil War 4, Richmond, Va Feat: PPMD and Cacti Streaming: twitch.tv/bifuteki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Hopefully Cyrain, and those of you that know me can help, and if not hopefully Cyrain can vouch for me? <3
I just flew out to Northwest Manifest (WHERE WERE YOU?!) and spent way too much money on drugs and cute girls, so I can't make a big donation to help you come out right now. If I could afford it, I'd buy your ticket. For real though, Vman is a total homie and his yoshi is siiiick ****.

-Edit- **** has suddenly changed. Looks like I won't be making it to this tournament unless Melee is Sunday only.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sadly, I ship out the Monday before this. super lame

Edit:

Vectorman is total homie, cyrain is a gay, and savedge is the ****... g-reg is aight

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Does the venue fee for people who want to play friendlies go up as the date approaches is what I mean

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I already paid venue fee when I got it for free since I'm hosting. Winston just pay me the money at the tournament.

Support staff fall into two categories.
A) If they're just helping out running brackets, but it's nothing major, they'll get a staff Tshirt.
If they're helping setup, move ****, make brackets, solve problems etc (i.e. they're working), they get their venue fee waived, staff shirt, food, etc.
3 minutes ago · Like
List of pre-regs:

DoH
♥
The Great Gonzales
Coke
JU4N
Rhan
MilkMan
Boat Mode
thesage
Wenbobular
The Doug
Tesla
Savedge
VicViper
Cyrain
TM87
Dr Peepee
Yoshido
Doll
Princess Popemobile

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Added the pre-reg list to the first post.

Also more rooms have been added to our block in the Comfort Inn. Call them during business hours to get a reservation.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting a room for Friday and Saturday night and may still have some floor space available. Let me know if anyones interested.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
That list was made before he deadline and is not current. I'll ask for an update from renegade.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Wish I could go to this, but my work won't allow it :(

But I really hope Vman will be here :) If you guys can help him out lol

barakasauras

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I didn't intend on making a SB account, but I saw that this tournament is going to be in Richmond and won't be too far away.

I just have a few questions:

A. Can a newb apply? I haven't played melee in upwards of 3 years. If I were to start training this month, would I have any chance of surviving the first round/whatever? I got rid of melee a while ago and never was really into tournaments. And I do not intend on paying a fee if my chances of getting anywhere are slim to none.

B. If I don't have much of a chance, is spectating allowed? I'd love to watch some of the best play.

C. Does spectating cost any money? If it does I'm willing to pay a fair price. I'm not sure exactly what "venue price" is referring to; is it the base cost of admission to watch/hang out?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Hey guys, I didn't intend on making a SB account, but I saw that this tournament is going to be in Richmond and won't be too far away.

I just have a few questions:

A. Can a newb apply? I haven't played melee in upwards of 3 years. If I were to start training this month, would I have any chance of surviving the first round/whatever? I got rid of melee a while ago and never was really into tournaments.

B. If I don't have much of a chance, is spectating allowed? I'd love to watch some of the best play.

C. Does spectating cost any money? If it does I'm willing to pay a fair price.
A. Yes. Probably Not.

B. Yes

Edit:C. No, you have to pay venue fee if you want to play friendlies though.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I thought spectating was free but playing friendlies costed money, did something change

rhan

Smash Hero
^^^^

Yeah.

I wish this did have more hyp though. THis trhead should move at least a mile every few hours or so. Not a 1 page every month.

rhan

Smash Hero
Sooooooooooooooooooo might not be able to come.

Navy related.
Update on this by Friday.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
The thread is advertised at the top of the website. I also advertised it in a bunch of social threads last month and today. I think smashers are just being lazy at pre-regging, like always lololol.

I know that a week ago we had at least 31 people pre-regged, and nobody from Nova had signed up yet. Edit: Except DoH I think.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
It's also expensive and there is a sweet music festival in Richmond on Saturday for the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom