• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH MELEE WEEKLIES..indefinite hiatus

DippnDots

Feral Youth
vanz, you should add workereight, everything ever, and gumbys ****, to your f list in lol

(**** should actually be spelled without censor dodging)

and ****, don't infract me yo >_>

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Potentially looking to come out for some of these things. I'm pretty much a starting player still looking around for a main. Apparently my Ganondorf isn't booboo-garbage for entry level. Hope I could play some of you guys soon!

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I need to start coming to these.

Don't let Juu come his dorf is disrespectful as ****

yeah that's right Juu get at me

and don't even think of asking for an MM, cuz you know what the answer is gonna be =P

Nope.jpg

Big_R

Smash Champion
haha yesss guys the more the merrier!! you guys should get some campus carpools goin it's gotta be doable.

esp j-wobs havent u been driving alone?? if u guys ever wanna beat me ur gonna have to start playing each other in the down time jussss sayinnn

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I need to start coming to these.

Don't let Juu come his dorf is disrespectful as ****

yeah that's right Juu get at me

and don't even think of asking for an MM, cuz you know what the answer is gonna be =P

Nope.jpg
Lol, I mad.

Yo, I'm off that MM bs, we gonna DM, FroFlame.

Disrespect Match, come at me bro.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wanna disrespect people! Roy vs Puff? One hit KO's all dai
lol sounds pretty legit, killin with obnoxious asplosions is pretty damn disrespectful. This can happen.

Oh man. With the Jiggs callout. Why not take it to Mangolandsixfo? Yo, I'm livin.

@DippN: Sure, I'll try my day one Puff against your Roy.
YO WE LIVIN 4 EVA

Yeah, I guess the only thing more disrespectful than resting someone's *** is having them survive the rest, float their *** back, and then rest your ***

****'s gonna get LOUD when we play this match lmao

Big_R

Smash Champion
Alright guys time to get busy!!!!!!!!!!!

SET UPS SET UPS SET UPS

GAMES AND WIIS AND

SET UPS AND GAMES

Big_R

Smash Champion
Hey guys!!!

Thursday is fast approaching! One day to the pain. It's gonna be the best fest yet!

Because I KNOW you guys are gonna bring CUBES WIIS COPYS OF SMASH AND TVS SO WE CAN HAVE A LARGE AMOUNT OF SETUPS.

We're playing mad singles, mad teams and hell maybe some kinda low tier event or who the hell knows!!

EricHimself

Smash Rookie
+2

hey BigR it's Eric from Ray's smashfest awhile ago, I can probably make it to your next event and bring my wii, 4 controllers, melee disc, memory card, and... there's only one issue.

I have one friend that's coming with me (Derrick from the same smashfest) you kicked our ***** multiple times at the fest haha

However, we don't have a ride, is there anyone coming from near OSU's campus that'd be willing to pick us up on the way? we both live on campus in the dorms and we both want in on the action badly.

If you know anyone who could bring us hit me up, my phone number is 937-409-1094. I could even bring a 28ish inch CRT if there's room, if whoever can pick me up has a truck or van.

If nothing can be worked out we might not make it to this one, but we'll make our own way to the next i'm sure. Thanks for the help!

Dwoobie

Smash Cadet
hey chief, im planning on going this week and usually ride solo. id be willing to grab u guys since i live just off campus. im bringing a full set up so may be an issue bringing your tv. it will prob work tho and def can fit urs in the trunk if i put mine in the back seat. ill get a hold of u tomorrow on ur phone if i dont hear back on the boards.

EricHimself

Smash Rookie
Awesome that sounds solid Dwoobie, I really appreciate it. We'll see if we can fit the tv. My address is 136 West Woodruff Avenue, Columbus Ohio 43210. What time can you stop by? I'll be waiting outside for you with my friend and setup at whatever time you say.

Big_R

Smash Champion
Hey guys due to waning interest I am cancelling this fest this weak. (aware of spelling) Maybe you guys will learn to appreciate some god damn fests and we can start this again someday!

There will be no fest on Thursday Feb 17th!

DO NOT SHOW UP

Sorry for the inconvenience

EricHimself

Smash Rookie
You got it, i'll be in the parking lot by 7 waiting with my stuff. Cya then and thanks again for the ride!

soap

Smash Hero
big r actually has a prior engagement.

but y'all do need to do what needs to be done to get that once a week session of insanity in

Big_R

Smash Champion
d wobbles knows whats up hahaha

nah i just have plans but also i recommend using this time to think about steppin yo game up cuz when there is dwindling attendance cuz it is some whack ****.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
How beat-up would I get if I brought a Melee set up and a Project M set up? I want to play this with more humans and see if the hype its developers are giving it are worth it.

Also, I'll try to come to more of these. Friday mornings are a lot more open for me now, so I can be out later.

Big_R

Smash Champion
hmmmmmmmm project m is questionable but i'll allow it. on the condition that you said where you bring a melee set up as well.

we can do this next thursday cracker jacks.

2/24

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Gonna really try and see if I can come out this week. Been busy the last couple weeks looking for work, but we will see.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hopefully I'll be able to make it this coming Thurs. as well. I too have the demo vers. of Project M and I'll be down to play some friendlies of it.

It's definitely fun as hell but just not the same. ;_;

Master WGS

Smash Lord
It's one of those things where I feel it's different enough to be valid, but close enough that most of your skill carries over.

It's basically want I wanted Brawl to actually be. Definitely different, but close enough to where I'm comfortable. That, and Lucas is way too damn fun.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Tech skill carries over almost entirely, but some of the combos/timing are just slightly off/different than they are in melee.

And agreed that Lucas is a ****ing riot. I love melee'd Snake too.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I've never used Ness/Lucas in my life (well, you know, seriously). I tried Lucas on a whim on the demo.

I am deeply considering maining him if this thing takes off. I've been playing as Marth since Melee came out.

That's how fun I think he is.

Also, Snake is a rapist if you figure out how to mess with your opponent. A buddy of mine mindgames me so hard with his mine/C4 placements. Too good.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I've recently gotten attached to Marth in the demo, dunno why. Somehow, Falcon is my worst character but I'm remedying that.

My Ganon is still pretty disrespectful. Also, I got my first CC rest with Jigglypuff a bit ago. It was every bit as great as I dreamed about.

Top Bottom