• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong Racing Mafia! [Finished! Town Wins!]

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Were the hell is glyph?
Relax, I've been gone for like a day. I browse from my phone a lot, and I make posts when I feel like something bears mention.

Forgot an 'h' by the way bud.

I'm really not sure why its so horrible for us to know who the mason team is, or why its bad for town to have that public. If they're town, and scum takes one out, its just confirms the other one as town for later on. In fact the only downside I can think of is them being scum and avoiding a lynch by, well, pretending to be masons who can confirm each other as town.

I believe their claims.

Roxy hasn't done anything but poke his head in and say "hey guys, i'm town right? neat." Roxy, hombre, post a bit more content when you're going to post por favor.

Asdioh I still really want dead. His recent posts seem reluctant to lynch anyone, or even point fingers. Seems to be more concerned with figuring out who's confirmed town than finding scum.

@July: Did you have any contact with Soup replacing into this game?

I don't understand how Tery is "pretty much confirmed scum". I mean in this post:
Since I'm tempted to believe UTDZac, I'd suggest Roxy and Soupamario. Roxy, for repetitive derp and not contributing aside from sitting there and looking pretty. While Soupamario is just not playing well. Or should I exchange Soupamario with Soupamario's replacement.

Before you go to that ISO...
In the post you linked, you noted myself as a "Top Mafia" pick but never actually gave reasons as to why. None of you have, except for Soupamario and Roxy saying I'm "opportunistic" and then UTD jumping on the wagon. Are you just bandwagoning as well?
he probably should have tried to prove he wasn't scum rather than talk about how no one has any information on him. Can someone clarify?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
@Glyph, is Roxy scum? Yes or no would be fine. Also, your thoughts on Joeys alignment.

Asdioh I still really want dead. His recent posts seem reluctant to lynch anyone, or even point fingers. Seems to be more concerned with figuring out who's confirmed town than finding scum.
Right. Asdioh is currently on Tery's wagon and has largely pushed for his lynch most of toDay. The only finger you have pointed was at Asdioh. Everyone else is null for you or not even on your radar.

The bolded is reaching. If you wanted to work that angle, you should be attacking either me or X1 for pushing UTD to claim his mason partner so hard. Asdioh has hardly been on the forefront of that push, if even at all.

I don't understand how Tery is "pretty much confirmed scum".
Well then, what is your read on him?

If Asdioh were to flip town, who would you go after next?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Remember that one time I posted a time whet tery was bring opportunistic?

Yeah me neither.

X1 has a strong point, going to let him say it on his own though.
STOP

yes I have.

lol u mad.
Joey's very linear, I wouldn't worry about him 'planning' anything out.
I don't think J's very smart either.
We're so good
:awesome:
Oh my god, it's like everyone I've ever played with is coming back.

July what's your role?
Nah just you

LOL
DID WE GET EM?

"Not yet sir~!"
ROOOLEBLOOOOOCKED

a
Is the content hidden somewhere I don't see it Roxy?

@Glyph, is Roxy scum? Yes or no would be fine. Also, your thoughts on Joeys alignment.
I'd say town.

Right. Asdioh is currently on Tery's wagon and has largely pushed for his lynch most of toDay. The only finger you have pointed was at Asdioh. Everyone else is null for you or not even on your radar.
And that discredits my point how?... being hypocritical doesn't take validity from it.

The bolded is reaching. If you wanted to work that angle, you should be attacking either me or X1 for pushing UTD to claim his mason partner so hard. Asdioh has hardly been on the forefront of that push, if even at all.
I agree with getting the masons to claim, why would I push against you for that? The post I was concerned with was:
:3

That's a word J used a lot about someone in this game.

Of the "lynch pool"
Tery: I'm really going to have to do an iso of him to remember the stuff he's said.
Roxy: kadsljflkjgt
Joey: I was willing to believe that, because of the sheer hostility between him and J, that he was town since J flipped scum, but I guess it's a null tell since they could have planned and acted that out ahead of time?
Glyph: pretty null for now. Though.. last time he tried saying "Asdioh is scum" he turned out to be scum when I was town. Surely he wouldn't do the same thing two games in a row..? I'd rather think he just thinks I'm a big threat /strokes ego
Kuzi: for the majority of people, I'm assuming Kuzi is low on the priority list for lynching right now. Still, I'm getting some suspicions I can't quite put my finger on.
There's no accusation of Tery being scum, nor have I seen any push against Tery from him. Even the post in which he votes for Tery is about something else entirely, with it tacked on at the end. (#1246). He votes, and then drops the pressure.

Well then, what is your read on [Tery]?
Weak scum read based off the post I quoted, but I can't recall much more of his posts.

If Asdioh were to flip town, who would you go after next?
**** if I know. I'll worry about that if he flips town.

Purple

Hi guys!
Actually it is.

Post 1) Sarcastically saying I never pointed out Tery as being opportunistic, when I infact did, and x1 saw it, however Tery ignored it. If Tery continued to say i didn't say anything (which he DID). It just shows more that's he's ignoring and skimming.

Post 2) Reassures that.

Post 3) Bringing up that I don't feel that Joey would purposely plan the altercations out with J, which in a sense shows my stance on him.

Post 4) fluff

Post 5) fluff

Post 6) Seeing if July will slip up, which actually gave us some information. July had to re-read, however immediately still claimed cop; how did she know she had a good reason to claim cop? (As Nabe brought up)

Post 7) DID WE GET IM?; reference to star fox, here I meant it as did we catch July in a slip.

Post 8) fluff.

Oh btw, good **** showing eight posts out of 110 and basing it as me having no content.

GOOD

STUFF

GLYPH

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Thing you missed:

Thoughts on Joey's alignment.

Thing I want you to answer:

If we discounted Tery and Asdioh from the current lynch pool (regardless of their alignment) who would be your next #1 priority?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'm not going to quote 110 goddamn posts. Fact of the matter is your posts have been bad Roxy.

@Kuz: I said I'm leaning town for Joey.

Roxy I guess, though I just think he has bad posts, not necessarily that he's scum.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
ok... definitely going to reread tomorrow, I've barely looked in this thread today because I was doing other stuff.

But between Tery and Glyph? Right now:

unvote
Vote: Glyph

I'll see if that stance stays after I read more tomorrow.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Glyph, why the cherry picking with roxy?

Glyph, why do you attack asdioh for not pointing fingers, yet you then don't seem to factor this in when Kuz points out his attack on tery?

Why do you dont understand how tery is scum, yet you then point out something scummy?

I would vote you, except my votes already on you.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Do you genuinely believe that your really weak and reaching case is scaring him more than when the established cop claimed guilty on him?

lol
Of course not. I just thought it was funny that he voted for me after I was the only one to point out that he was incorrectly cleared as town.

Glyph, why the cherry picking with roxy?
Don't even know what that means, though I would love to cherry pick with him irl.

Glyph, why do you attack asdioh for not pointing fingers, yet you then don't seem to factor this in when Kuz points out his attack on tery?
...i did.

Why do you dont understand how tery is scum, yet you then point out something scummy?
And then go on to explain how its not something worth voting over. If we lynched every person who had a bad post you'd never make last 20 minutes in a game.

I would vote you, except my votes already on you.
Well since at least two of those reasons are flat out wrong I'd hope you'd reconsider.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
@Kuzi: I got the feeling that Glyph is scum that knows that Tery is town, so he wants to look good when he flips? I'm going to read stuff now.

Current impression is that Glyph is WAY too tunnely and won't admit that he's wrong. He just does not feel like TownGlyph at all.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Not yet! Remember I listed Tery and Seph as my top scumpicks. Trying to decide between the two right now.
If I were to metagame, Tery feels more like townTery from upick2, while Glyph feels more like scumGlyph from the same game.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Unrelated to Tery iso:
Noted that Dark Horse said
SOup, why are you not outing your inno? If you do, scum will have to shoot between you and your inno, with each flip probably confirming the other one. I don't see any reason not to.
While not wanting himself and his mason partner outed? :c

iso:
Pregame: fluff, nothing worth noting
Game: Notes that Soupamario claimed sooner than normal, also wonders about him being allowed to investigate N0.
pressures Soupamario for his confusing playstyle, not much else.

Tery's #740: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12387679&postcount=740
In regards to me: he just mentioned my bit of WIFOM, and barely said anything about how (intentionally) scummy my post was.
Talks about how metagaming is bad, then says he's heard Dark Horse is lynched early and is supposedly changing his playstyle (also based on metagaming)
Continues talking about how metagaming is bad.
Still thinks Soupa is suspicious, largely because of his "pregame investigation." According to Soup's more recent posts (if we can
take anything from those) he did in fact NOT do a N0 investigation, so Tery was right about that... hm.
In DRUPick2, J was pretty neutral with all of his faction members, but in Inception J lynched his own partner (X1-12) and was pretty hostile to him all game. Think it's too tricky to determine exactly, but I'd say J acts somewhat hostile, based on the games I have played with him.
Important Notes
Most Mafia - UTDZac
Roxy | Soupamario
Neutral - Nabe | Dark Horse | -Joey-
X1-12 | th3kuzinator
Most Town - Asdioh

With Sephiroths replacing out, I'd like to see how the replacement acts, since I've never seen any conclusive posts and would like to see where some players believe Sephiroths is Mafia.
Next few posts involve continued pressure on UTD and still disliking Roxy. He also seems to be buddying me a bit, and possibly Glyph?
Looking back.

(Referring to Soupamario's Night 1 investigation)

You don't want to share, but you pushed Soupamario to reveal his investigation. Noted.
Noted the same thing about UTD as I just did about DH.

Honestly, I don't think Tery is being "opportunistic" as some people have claimed.

In the post you linked, you noted myself as a "Top Mafia" pick but never actually gave reasons as to why. None of you have, except for Soupamario and Roxy saying I'm "opportunistic" and then UTD jumping on the wagon. Are you just bandwagoning as well?
If nothing else, then it was your #740, the fact that I think a number of other people are townier, and I think your scumpicks are just wrong. Still leaning somewhat scummy on Terywj.

$ iso:

his first post is about how I'm scum and X1 may be my scum partner. Decent reasoning imo, but he pushes way too hard on it and focuses on little else. No other scumpicks in his first post.

1164 says X1 is probably town if I am. Continues focusing on how persistent I was in claiming J was scum.
Glyph says he'll give UTD time, when others are being impatient in regard to Zac. Responds to Tery's post.

His next few posts are still about me being scum.

Talks about Diddy being masoned with Tiny.

1402 believes the mason claim, thinks Roxy needs to post content, wants me dead and thinks I "want to confirm town more than scum" which lol no, is exactly the opposite of what I want. I even wanted myself to look scummy rather than towny... I messed that up early on thanks to X1. Plus, I posted clearly who I considered scum, and his playerslot was high up on that list. Then he defends Tery a tiny bit.

Next post, continues to think Roxy posts crap, thinks Joey is town (and that's his only acknowledgement of Joey thus far, yes?) says people, including me, have voted Tery with little reasoning, then says he himself has a weak scum read on Tery. Also says he wouldn't know who to go after if I were lynched and flip town.

So.. Glyph's scum reads: Asdioh is very scummy, X1 might be my scumbuddy if I'm scum, weak scum read on Tery, and dislikes Roxy but doesn't necessarily think he's scum. That's... not much.

@_@

@Kuzi: Glyph and Tery scumbuddies, yes/no?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I want Glyph to go first. And it's not just because he chose me to tunnel on. Even if he had focused on someone else I thought was pretty Towny instead of me, and tunneled really hard with a weak case, it would still look scummier to me than what Tery had posted.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I understand what you're saying with Glyph, but Tery just feels more scummy to me. I would prefer Tery to go first, but I'm fine with either going today as long as we get the other tomorrow.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
While not wanting himself and his mason partner outed?
A tthe current situation, the WIFOM would be perfect.

However, if we were outed and they could pick between us, UTD's play would probably be the reaosn h was kept alove: He would do a lot worse than me (No offense)

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
We don't have that much time before the deadline and I always like having at least 36 hours beforehand to evaluate claims.

Right now town is split down the middle on Glyph vs Tery.

We need to make up our minds on this split.

Everyone should be voting one of the two names above. Right now Tery has 3 votes while Glyph has 2 iirc. For those of you not voting one of the above, make up your minds soon and show us where you stand because we're gonna want to have extra time to switch wagons if necessary. That or convince us right quick who else should go.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I really don't like the bolded past
You're witholding information now. It's merely a character claim and you won't reveal? It's funny, because you're dodging th3kuzinator's question with a "question". Noted.
uguu super scummy. This is half of what got me onto J at the start as well, "noted" is just such a scummy thing to say, its just like: "I'ma try to scare you a lil by noting this down while also giving the impression that I'm doing something useful, bra"

@Tery: Have you ever experienced a N0 cop, N0 cop claim or similar other than in this game? (N0 cop is a Night Zero or pre-game cop)

July

Smash Apprentice
Post 6) Seeing if July will slip up, which actually gave us some information. July had to re-read, however immediately still claimed cop; how did she know she had a good reason to claim cop? (As Nabe brought up)
I know I really should have read everything first, but all things considered I stand behind it. I wouldn't be able to post for at least a little while (while I was on a train, didn't think I would forget my wireless internet though :[ ) so at least I got the question answered before I went v/la, leaving that question hanging til I could post again would have sucked.

Unrelated to Tery iso:

Pregame: fluff, nothing worth noting
Game: Notes that Soupamario claimed sooner than normal, also wonders about him being allowed to investigate N0.
pressures Soupamario for his confusing playstyle, not much else.

Tery's #740: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12387679&postcount=740
In regards to me: he just mentioned my bit of WIFOM, and barely said anything about how (intentionally) scummy my post was.
Talks about how metagaming is bad, then says he's heard Dark Horse is lynched early and is supposedly changing his playstyle (also based on metagaming)
Continues talking about how metagaming is bad.
Still thinks Soupa is suspicious, largely because of his "pregame investigation." According to Soup's more recent posts (if we can
take anything from those) he did in fact NOT do a N0 investigation, so Tery was right about that... hm.
So, I haven't gotten my night actions but there is nothing in my role pm that says I would be able to investigate N0. I'll pm Meta-Kirby about what my night actions have been so far and relay those once I get them and confirm or deny an N0 investigation.

Also, someone asked me about if I talked to Soup before replacing into the game and I forgot to quote it, but the answer is no.

We don't have that much time before the deadline and I always like having at least 36 hours beforehand to evaluate claims.

Right now town is split down the middle on Glyph vs Tery.

We need to make up our minds on this split.

Everyone should be voting one of the two names above. Right now Tery has 3 votes while Glyph has 2 iirc. For those of you not voting one of the above, make up your minds soon and show us where you stand because we're gonna want to have extra time to switch wagons if necessary. That or convince us right quick who else should go.
Vote: Glyph

Tery is at L-1 I believe, so I will place my vote on Glyph for now and I'll give my opinion of which of Glyph/Tery is scummier in like, two hours after I get more reading in ><.

July

Smash Apprentice
Okay so...I'm a little scatterbrained right now, so I'm going to post my thoughts which are mostly from Day 1, then address some other stuff. Anything that is referenced as legit means it gave me a town vibe.

1. Asdioh- like his 383, also called J out as scum in 440, really liked his reaction to X1’s “guilty” on him

3. Roxy- interesting interactions with Soup, had legit reasons to question him and had legit responses; X1’s 780 explaining him as town is legit
4. Seph, Glyph- apparently J and Seph were handholding? hmm. 1248 is good point, hasn't posted much but all in all I'm actually
5. UTDZac- random vote for J in 680, 770 makes it seem like 680 was more legit though, early D2 activity me no likey, 1064 character claim list was strange, thought it was scummy before explaining the “Boom goes the dynamite thing”, annnd UTD just got really legit after 1238 after all the freaking mason stuff got worked out, although I have trouble believing X1 scum
6. SoupaMario frequently makes me want to hit my head into a wall with some of his accusations/reads/gambits
7. Terywj- 740 is a lot of info but culminates in very uncertain reads...actually, this is pretty much the whole game, such weak stances, Tery UTD not scum together, Tery and Joey seem unlikely but not gonna rule it out
8. Nabe- dislike for Nabe’s 318, 605 was legit though, I have some issues with Nabe’s posts but J’s interactions with Ran/Nabe are really guiding me away from that, a lot of hardcore buddying and trying to get Ran on his side, 857 good points on Tery/J possible connection, and as per Soup’s 1007 he is town

10. Joey- 479 makes me a bit uneasy, 582 is much better though, 624 vote on J is a little strange, 813 reassertion of a vote on J after Soup suggests his char could be scummy doesn’t set well with me, good points about Tery though in 847 (Joey messing with my head ><), honestly think Joey could be scum, #2 pick behind Tery
11. th3_kuzinator- post on Tery and Seph being scummy (or grody I guess?) is legit, too lazy to go post by post, legit play all around imo
12. X1-12- Also generally legit play. Is X1 technically cleared townie though, because I saw UTD suspecting him but in my mind he's legit
13. Dark Horse- post 276 I liked, DH and J had a lot of tension early on, 623 is legit, good posts and masons

J’s self-vote for lynch- I always assumed this meant they were protecting their scum buddy from having to vote them to end Day. People who weren’t voting J at the time were Nabe, Asdioh, JTB, Tery, Seph and Kuz.

Deff think everything considered Tery is going to flip scum toDay, by far my #1 scum pick. I have Glyph as null but honestly I don't get a bad vibe from him, and the fact J and Seph were handholding actually makes me lean more to town Seph/Glyph because that is such an explicit connection. Anyways

Why would I include myself?

I did forget about glyph, however. Sneaky guy.

Glyph, Roxy, Tery, Joey
Anyways, I'm glad I did all that reading and such but it essentially all comes down to this above statement being true.

I'd say best bet is Tery>Joey>Roxy/Glyph>......X1/Kuz.

He's definetly L-2
Gah, brain malfunction. Anyways, my decision is that Tery is hella scummier, and considering we only have two days, we need a claim from Tery and he isn't already at L-1

Unvote
Vote: Tery

Braindead. If something I posted didn't make sense just let me know and I'll explain/clarify after I get some sleep.

Top Bottom