• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Falcinho

Smash Ace
You said Marth fmashing your shield means a free wavesmash.
Wouldn't wavegrab be better if possible?

DRD

Smash Lord
Pretty sure its just a multitude of b-airs

@Falcinho: Depends on the situation, don't it?
If the marth is already at a high percentage then a wavesmash (d.smash/f.smash) would be the best choice.
Otherwise, I would agree that a grab would be more practical at lower percentages.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yes you could get a grab, it's not specifically better.

You grab marth, you start running into risk-reward, which isnt bad, but it's risk reward, unless it's blatently obvious (Like throwing him off the stage or something)

And if you havent seen This like, yesterday when it came out, then kill yourself.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
yeah, i just thought why dsmash in situations where dthrow-->fair would kill.
However, if i'm at high %ages i of course don't want to WD into a reverse dolphin slash =/

Does anyone know at which frame the dmash comes out (in front of you)?

Tyser

Smash Champion
What are Doctor Mario's worst matchups and how do you deal with Falcos, Sheiks and Falcons? Im continually getting ***** to no end against those chars.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Worst are Marth, then Sheik/Falcon.

Falco, alot of dealing with falco is dealing with his lasers, and it's moreso of having enough options to deal with it, because there is no "sure fired" answer to stopping his lasers. Beyond that, it's mainly not getting hit by d.air, because you cant CC it at any time.

Sheik, dont run into f.airs. And dont be a hero. You get a grab, you take your chaingrab. Dont be a hero. You can actually CC everything sheik throws at you for a while, but the hard part is getting past f.airs. You basically have to pick her off between f.airs (there's a window where you can do something about it).

Falcon, i honestly dont know what to tell you. I've found that If you're not next to him doing something, you want to stay completely out of his range. Like, dont try to work your way into the end of your spacing, because that's in the middle of his. Just stand clear the **** out of his space.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Thanks guys for the marth advice (quiet a few pages back now lol but still)
I have some more specific combo questions:
When should you start doing uair combos? (on marth)
Also, whats the best follow up from an uptilt if they're to high for a shffl'd uair? (in your opinion)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Thanks guys for the marth advice (quiet a few pages back now lol but still)
I have some more specific combo questions:
When should you start doing uair combos? (on marth)
Also, whats the best follow up from an uptilt if they're to high for a shffl'd uair? (in your opinion)
U.air combos? Like, 60%ish. It's alot later than you think, cause you dont want to get that **** turned into a ken combo.

Best follow up after an u.tilt if they're too high for a SHFFL'd u.air.... if you can jump up there and u.air/n.air them, that's kool. If they're too high for that; move. And maybe try to pick them off as they come down.

otg

Smash Master
What are Doctor Mario's worst matchups and how do you deal with Falcos, Sheiks and Falcons? Im continually getting ***** to no end against those chars.
Boy we've sure talked alot about Doc's bad matchups in this thread like... 40000000 times but w'e, I dont expect you to run through 65 pages worth of BS.

Doc's hardest 3 matchups are arguably: Falcon, Marth and Sheik. As for which of those 3 is the hardest... that is up to personal belief, exp. and preference. Sheik might **** you, but if you get a grab you can get a free KO. If you get Falcon off the stage, you make sure he doesn't get back.

As of right now, I think it's Sheik, but I constantly flipflop between her and Marth. As for dealing with Falco... learn to powerrshield? Get his *** off the stage, GG.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Personal preference? I wouldnt go that far.

I will personally cry up a storm that Doc v Capfal is ****ing impossible, but I know for a fact that it's really not harder than marth. (Close, but keep reading)

Dogysamich (4:27:50 PM): to beat capfal, you have to go through a ****storm of nairs
Dogysamich (4:27:58 PM): but, you just have to not be in the same place at the nair
Dogysamich (4:28:05 PM): but if you get a grab, that's everything short of a stock

Dogysamich (4:28:18 PM): with sheik, you have to go through a fast as **** f.air, a long as **** b.air, and her tilt game
Dogysamich (4:28:23 PM): but again, you get a grab, you get a stock
Dogysamich (4:28:25 PM): Marth
Dogysamich (4:28:30 PM): You have to go through a ****ing disjointed hitbox
Dogysamich (4:28:37 PM): which, by itself, is longer than your entire body
Dogysamich (4:28:44 PM): not to mention he'll actually reach, making it longer
Dogysamich (4:29:02 PM): but the thing is, you grab him.... that's not a a close-to-guarenteed stock
Dogysamich (4:29:04 PM): thats like, a hit

That's like, tip of the iceberg about it, but yeah. All 3 of them reach and **** the **** out of you, but you grab 2 of them, and you get chain mcgriddles, you get through marth's disjointed hitbox, and you get a hit guarenteed.

.... *sighs*

otg

Smash Master
Yeah personal preference is the wrong word... I mean it more like; DocA does better vs. CapFal, DocB does better vs. Marth, DocC does better vs. Sheik. It's more like matchup experience.

But yes I agree, on paper Marth is Doc's hardest matchup.

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
boss told me to spam dairs vs falcon,
and honestly it works =/
just dont let falcon bring u to a big stage.
i'de ban stadium. cuz theres a good chance they'll ban fd to avoid the cg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azZZKl9ZEZk
me vs boss's falcon, theres more vids of me vs his falcon, but i think this shows what works a bit more.
i dont find falcon very hard anymore really, just yeah, full jump rising dairs all day D:

i still hate marth and sheik

m2k put it to me straight lol
cg or lose XD

theres a bunch of doc vs mario with boss there too,
i have a lot more vids of me nd him to upload,
and me and him doing double doc in teams and doc mario,

annddd
oh i 3 stocked his fox :3
(i got lucky imo lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8PL2ROabUg&feature=related

boss is so helpful =D

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
ya know, i like what you did against boss's falcon, and it looks like it worked.

There's one big glaring problem with that vid though.

Boss never FHed at you.

He FH'd through a platform through you, but he never FH'd to meet your FHing.

**edit**

oh yeha, whatever happened with the minesweeper thing? I watched a few eps of that. XD

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
lol kk cool, i have a bunch more i havent uploaded, i'll link them for u later
i have to upload the crew battles from ct

edit: wow nvm thats all of it pretty much lol

Falcinho

Smash Ace
hey dogy, i looked in those SDM-statistics, because i also wanted to know how fast the Jab is and...

Punch 1

Total: 15
Hit: 2-3

TWOOO?!!

That's not only fast, that's sheik fast =D

PS: Blue Doc ftw, mirite Desh?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Punch 1

Total: 15
Hit: 2-3

TWOOO?!!

That's not only fast, that's sheik fast =D
The speed isnt that big of a deal, the properties is where sheik's is ****, or hell, anybody with a **** jab for that matter. Doc isnt one of them.

___

FH Dair is good against most characters as long as they dont beat you to the jump. Not so good against characters with big disjointed hitboxes above them (Link, Y.Link, G&W., Marth kinda falls into this category but no as much)

St. Viers

Smash Champion
yeah, doc's jab is too good**. I improved so much when I realized that--the problem is being SGed before the second jab/grab.

**compared to what is game is without it

Falcinho

Smash Ace
yeah, once was told that the only Sheik's and Peach's Jab come out at frame 2.

That's why i was so excited.

But i checked and the jab of the spacies also comes out at frame 2 , so he talked bs =/

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
So after some hard work and effort, I have appointed the current "Best Doc in the Nation"

At first, the title was held by NES nOOb. But he resigned as "B.D.I.T.N." when he actually tried playing doc and realized that Doc didnt understand "The R Word"

Then, the titled was offered to the Alpha Gundam, but he said "Why the **** would I want that, I play a sexy white girl in armor. **** Stubbs Mcgee." He is absolutely correct.

Next, the title was handed to "Dguy", but he was too busy reading fail (a.k.a. explosm), and his heart lies with m2 and failcario anyway.

So, I present to you, the new Best Doc in the Nation,

THE AMERICAN DREAM

The American Dream, also known as Garfield (also known as Starfox).

Garfield climbed up to the ranks after he recently won Pound4 teams while teaming with a level 2 Ryu. His original partner, Cat Mario, was high offa some cat nip.

Here is a video of The American's Dream's hidden technique, Ho-S*** Cancelling. Its a new technique The American Dream shared with me that allows you to cancel the end of the tornado animation, keeping you out of lag, but more importantly; allowing you to tornado and gain height again.

No longer do we have the 2nd worst recovery in the game!

LETS GO DOCS! WE MUST FOLLOW THE AMERICAN DREAM.

___

For the record, the cat's name is actually Starfox. (No Joke). It's Colbol's cat, and that thing is heavy as ****. XD

EDIT BECAUSE THAT PICTURE WAS PRETTY MUCH THE REAL SIZE OF THE CAT GOOD ****ING GOD

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
@ falcinho
indeed blue docs are pretty cute.

@ bullet bill
yeah its ok, just be selective of how you use it.

@ dogy

i ****ing give up on life
my little cousin wanted to try playing minesweeper while i was tryna beat 4 seconds.

shes ****ing 6.
double click clear.
1 second.

i hate my life.
im retiring from minesweeper and moving on to bigger things.
speed running solitaire. LOL =[

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
Why don't you play advanced instead? That's what the big boys play on.
cuz it takes up too much time to record for youtube =p
it would suck if you're going for like 2 minutes then you mess up XD .
Plus he tied my original beginner record, so then we just kept going back and forth beating eachother ^.^

What? I thought doc had a good jab
Depends on how you look at it. Comparatively to other jabs in the game, doc's is average =/.
Its good because its an important part to docs game lol. But otherwise if you were to compare other chars jabs to docs, docs isnt that great :(

On another note, I've been thinking about the marth match up because of how much i hate it. =/

Just camp him till you know what you can do to get him to approach.
Then just start undershooting aerials .

Thats really the only thing that seems to work for me against marth. :urg:

Desh

Smash Ace
Wow wtf.
O_o .
I tried logging into desh to see if i was unbanned
but when i hit tab i missed i guess or something or i have no ****ing clue and typed desh!
and it worked o_o
and i apparently have had this account since december 07. o_o

wweeiiirrdd

edit: i guess i'll milk getting the chance to use my name for a bit.
Once this gets banned i guess i have to go back to fyasko =/

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Well his jab is okay i'd say but it isn't awsome.

Like Jab-canceling doesn't seem to be that awsome with doc and it has neither enough priority to stop approaches, nor it has dece range.
I think it doesn't even make as much shieldhitlag as other fast jabs.

That's my impression, if I'm talking BS just let me know =)

---
How strong is the strong nair?

Would it be practicable to kill grabbed enemies with it in 2vs1 situations if they are at about %.
ofc i would rather go for a fair or a fsmash, but lets say i have to jump over my teammate to be able to hit him or sth like that.

edit: wow 2 posts too slow

yeah i agree Marth is gay

Desh

Smash Ace
eh
Jab gives you something to do after an aerial at low % 's
and leads to grabs/smash attacks/ u tilt.
thats really it in terms of its usefulness.
You can stop an illusionist/phantasm with a jab,
So like jab the illusionist > grab? dsmash? fsmash?

Idk its useful but its nothing special lol

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
YAY FYASCOS OLD ACCOUNT IS UNBANNED =D
i missed your account chris.
so yeah speaking of camping.. dont camp marths. its really really really boring.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Desh is a smashboards criminal.
he goes back to jail (banned) then hes free again (unbanned) then he like gets in trouble (spam,flameorjustbeingdesh) then gets banned. <Desh3
he has 10 accounts to be exact and yes i counted.
doc is to good.

Top Bottom