• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down With the Top Tiers Bottom Half Tournament ***RESULTS***

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Yay! 300 posts...I mean hey guys! thanks for putting me down here KEIF if you need some help lemme know.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I didn't drag you! D:<
You wanted my advice, you're good, so I just said "Wynaut?".
Heh. Pokemon humor.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Whoa whoa whoa.
Mario CIRCUIT is a counter-pick?
That'd be easier than Green Hill Zone, I can just jab-lock.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
I'm curious to who will win this, since the top dogs of the OTL can't use Snake like Aryman, Bunnyma, etc.

Nobody did their matches and it slowly died.
I loled when i saw that its probably gonna be YOU,Straked,Me,Knubs,or the blu link (maybe DTP if he joins) remember my 3 mains are in this tourni
Whoa whoa whoa.
Mario CIRCUIT is a counter-pick?
That'd be easier than Green Hill Zone, I can just jab-lock.
i have a jab lock to you knuw (SQURTLE FTW)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
It's doubtful that I'll win, I might not be here.
Real life tourney the day before, it's monthly that I used to go to ever month, but, I got lazy and haven't been there since November.

I usually place in the top 5 out of 40.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I actually forgot which match that was, but, wrong thread. xD

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Maybe im freaking out, but isnt EVERYONE in this tournie using Link???
......Shhhhh......
Well us Link mains were on our Xat Chat page and Blu Link said, "Hey, everyone join!" and so about 6 of us did.

Fun stuff.

Also Kief may I suggest you use a double-elimination bracket? It is more work, but it is way funner then just doing one fight and losing and being out for the tourney.
This is an excellent example of what double-elimination looks like: http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/CorruptFate/TOF4BrawlBracket.gif?t=1228677512

EDIT: And Chaos, Ritch is way better then Blu Link. Nothing on Blu Link but Ritch just has an insane Link.
EDIT 2: There are only 8 Links competing (including me). And I plan on mixing my characters up a little bit to learn some other matchups.
So some of you might not see my Link at all, and it might just be 7 Links.

Kief

Smash Ace
wow this is what i get for sleeping 8 hours...
UPDATE: 1. I have removed bridge of eldin, and the stages with walls (corneria onett) due to good arguments from anonano. BoE - multiple reasons, walls stages - infinite jab locks
2. I have removed mario circuit, green hill zone, distant planet, and yoshi's island (melee) due to good arguments from straked. reason - jab lock KO's

aki whats your wifi name?

yes there are a lot of links lol. im exicted to see how this tournament will go with some of the link boards members here.

and anonano, i like double elimination way more that single. i just didnt know if i could pull it off though. i'll look at the link you gave me, and ask a buddy of mine about it. it could very well happen.

thanks for all the suggestions guys! this is the peoples tournament ;)

Rawnie

Smash Champion
wow this is what i get for sleeping 8 hours...
UPDATE: 1. I have removed bridge of eldin, and the stages with walls (corneria onett) due to good arguments from anonano. BoE - multiple reasons, walls stages - infinite jab locks
2. I have removed mario circuit, green hill zone, distant planet, and yoshi's island (melee) due to good arguments from straked. reason - jab lock KO's

aki whats your wifi name?

yes there are a lot of links lol. im exicted to see how this tournament will go with some of the link boards members here.

and anonano, i like double elimination way more that single. i just didnt know if i could pull it off though. i'll look at the link you gave me, and ask a buddy of mine about it. it could very well happen.

thanks for all the suggestions guys! this is the peoples tournament ;)
Nice to see that a Host cares about what his participants think. Good job. You just keep impressing me.

Kief

Smash Ace
Nice to see that a Host cares about what his participants think. Good job. You just keep impressing me.
why your very welcome :)

ok after looking at the link Anonano gave me, it doesnt look that hard, and i have a study hall =P Anonano do you mind if i just copy that and switch the names? lol.

UPDATE: This will now be a 32 man DOUBLE elimination tournament. should be fun :psycho:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
ok will add you. yay 100th thread post. i believe straked is also a lucas main :)
Yeah, I main Lucas, but, I'll go Ness because he needs the respect too. :)
I've played as Lucas in every tourney. Why not switch now?
Too many Lucas/Game and Watches, guys.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Oh, thanks! Another Lucas.
With the way this is going I might as well go Lu - nah I'll stick with Ness.
He needs the win.

Ritch

Smash Journeyman
Mind if I post some suggestions? You should do this on AiB so we can have the people go to a chat and you can use the tio tornament organizer to make brackets and the top 4 places could get medals.

Also, every match except the finals (winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals) should be 2/3 since thats the standard tourney set and all finals are 3/5

Just a thought, would be a lot easier imo

Kief

Smash Ace
hehe. With all the new Lucas players i might use PT instead

or Diddy! :p
sorry man diddy is in the banned section. you can use lucas and PT though :)
Wifi Name: Purin
Friend Code: 2277-6307-2332
Best Form of Contact: MSN/PM

Is this ok? :D :O
yep it is. you're added.
Mind if I post some suggestions? You should do this on AiB so we can have the people go to a chat and you can use the tio tornament organizer to make brackets and the top 4 places could get medals.

Also, every match except the finals (winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals) should be 2/3 since thats the standard tourney set and all finals are 3/5

Just a thought, would be a lot easier imo
hmm. i dont really know what AiB is =P I do have a chat for this tournament though. you can find it in the OP. I'm having trouble finding prizes, so the metal thing sounds pretty intriquing. wanna give me some details on AiB?

about the sets, i went with 3/5 because 2/3s can go pretty fast. plus alot of people like to use plenty of different characters. but since the tournament is double elimination now, and there are 32 people, 2/3 may not be a bad idea. i'd still prefer 3/5 though. for now its 3/5, but if more people request 2/3 then i'll change it to that.

thanks for the suggestions :)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, 2/3 is a terrible system because you might only play 2 games.
That doesn't really show someone's full potential if you just play 2, 3, or even 4 games.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I just copied the link from the ToF tournament in Utah, so I really don't mind if you just switch the names around.
Although you'll need a bigger list. Yes, a much, much bigger list. :dizzy:

I think we've got some good variety of players here (LOL Links). I look forward to playing a lot of you (hopefully more then just two).
Let's enjoy ourselves!

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
meh, put me down for the last spot. I'll do it for the lulz xD

Wifi Name: DTP
Friend Code: 3995-8553-8766
Best Form of Contact: PM

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Just keep it 3/5.

And instead of just Ano for my WiFi name, put down Ano/JPB (Ano is what I will be addressed as on the Friend List, while I'll play as JPB).

Kief

Smash Ace
ok roster is full. i'll probably have the brackets up monday night sometime. as of right now, i'll do random, but i'm open for any other suggestions on how to match people up.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I could always help with the matchups.
Lol, I've played some of these people and I've seen others play.

Kief

Smash Ace
I could always help with the matchups.
Lol, I've played some of these people and I've seen others play.
yeah but i dont exactly want the first round to have to best players face each other. i want the best to face in the finals and semi's. i might just take the best 4 or so people i can think of and spread them out, then have everybody else put in randomly.

Top Bottom