• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down With the Top Tiers Bottom Half Tournament ***RESULTS***

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
yeah but i dont exactly want the first round to have to best players face each other. i want the best to face in the finals and semi's. i might just take the best 4 or so people i can think of and spread them out, then have everybody else put in randomly.
In that case, I already know the best 4. x.x
I can just point them out on that list.

Kief

Smash Ace
Kief AIB is Allisbrawl.com I have an account on it XD
That would suck if the 4 best players faced eachother
AiB seems like it would be good to make a tourney on, but i dont think everybody has an account there (i dont lol) so im just gonna keep it on here.
In that case, I already know the best 4. x.x
I can just point them out on that list.
who do you think they are?
My brother wants to enter.
wii name: ZEUS IGN: Lhen
fc: 4597-3826-1608
pm/vm
sorry its full. but he'll be first on the waiting list. zeus look at the prize section in the OP. does that look good to you?

Alterhalo

Smash Journeyman
Good point kief
hmm I wonder who the best 4 are XD i'm a really good marth player so like I dont know and my secondary is diddy I guess i'll play with Lucas

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I can't really say out in the open. :laugh:
I'm a little biased though.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Don't worry about the top four or any crap. Just do it completely randomized.
The fact that it is double elimination means that even if the top 4 fight each other in the beginning, the losers of the matches are still in the tournament.

Kief

Smash Ace
true true. plus i dont know everybody so i'd probably leave someone out anyway :ohwell: i'll just make it random and make the brackets during school tom. :laugh:

The_Ginger

Smash Cadet
Hey kief... here's an example of what a 32 man double elim bracket looks like, just so you know what you're getting into. It ends up being kinda intense. You have to correctly place the losers into the right place into the losers bracket, which can get confusing. You can use the bracket on this link and just white out the names and just post the match-ups. And if you need help lemme know, I wrestled/ran tournaments for 12 years so i have a lot of experience with them.

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=40821&tclass=

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Still, I find it a little sad everyone picked either Game and Watch or Lucas.
That won't make this a very diverse tourney, I think we have 1 Zelda, 1 Link, I'll alternate between Ness and Mario.
Hmm.

Kief

Smash Ace
hey ginger thanks for the help im actually having trouble finding a site to make the brackets on. besides that im good. but do you know any good sites for that?

and straked, i believe there are 8 links =P blu link joined and brought all his buddies lol. i also know there are some PTs, samus's, TL's, foxes, and falcons. who knows who everybody else uses.

The_Ginger

Smash Cadet
Still, I find it a little sad everyone picked either Game and Watch or Lucas.
That won't make this a very diverse tourney, I think we have 1 Zelda, 1 Link, I'll alternate between Ness and Mario.
Hmm.
dude... GnW is an A tier character... not usable

The_Ginger

Smash Cadet
hey ginger thanks for the help im actually having trouble finding a site to make the brackets on. besides that im good. but do you know any good sites for that?

and straked, i believe there are 8 links =P blu link joined and brought all his buddies lol. i also know there are some PTs, samus's, TL's, foxes, and falcons. who knows who everybody else uses.
bracketmaker.com

Kief

Smash Ace
well bracketmaker seems simple enough. i'll use that.

nah straked it'll be fine. i might have it done today actually :)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Maybe you should've stuck with 16 people.
An besides.
You said you didn't want a co-host. :laugh:

Kief

Smash Ace
i already know how to do it now. all thats left is for me to do it. but i told most people it would start tuesday so i'll probably have them up monday :laugh: but you'll have until thursday or friday to get your matches done.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Weren't you just complaining about it? :laugh:

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I thought about signing up.
But I kinda wanted to be on reserve list. Im not sure if I coulda made it anyway.

If a spot opens up ill give ya my info. PM me if it does.

Kief

Smash Ace
Weren't you just complaining about it? :laugh:
dude stop hatin on the TO :ohwell:
i just didnt think it looked that great. but im gonna use it cus its quick and easy.

and ok swordplay i'll put you on the waiting list and let you know if you get called up.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
dude stop hatin on the TO :ohwell:
i just didnt think it looked that great. but im gonna use it cus its quick and easy.

and ok swordplay i'll put you on the waiting list and let you know if you get called up.
Sorry, I'm just having too much fun annoying you. :laugh:
I'll stop now, g'luck.

The_Ginger

Smash Cadet
hmm. the bracket on there looks kinda confusing. i like this format better: http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/CorruptFate/TOF4BrawlBracket.gif?t=1228677512
I've read ur post since this one, It's the same bracket format they just have the consolation bracket attached left instead of a separate one. but that one you gave me has the loser of the championship match playing the winner of the 3/4 match, which i think isn't right. If the person wins out until the finals, they dont desirve to have to play to keep their 2nd place finish... that's always the paradigm of brackets, teams/people are rewarded for getting to the championship match. But if you lose in the Semis you have to win 1 to go to the consolation finals... if none of this makes sense, the brackets will do the work for you, I'm just communicating it in words instead of a diagram lol

Kief

Smash Ace
o_O
...uh...well w/e you were talking about, i didnt notice. but it doesnt matter now cus im just gonna use bracketmaker anyway lol.

joshscorcher

Smash Cadet
ok roster is full. i'll probably have the brackets up monday night sometime. as of right now, i'll do random, but i'm open for any other suggestions on how to match people up.
According to the place on the tier list their main is?

Example:

User 1: Ganondorf
User 2: Falcon
User 3: Falcon
User 4: Falcon

Users 1&2 would be paired up as well as users 3&4.

If there is a three way tie for a character, you will pair the ones who signed up last.

Kief

Smash Ace
the only problem with that josh is that i'd have to find out everybodies main. plus some people will probably use plenty of other characters besides their main.

i just randomized everybody. im about to make the brackets now. i'll post it tom. around 5 oclock central time :) once their up you can start your matches. you'll have until friday to complete them, but you can do your later round matches once you get your opponents.

The_Ginger

Smash Cadet
the only problem with that josh is that i'd have to find out everybodies main. plus some people will probably use plenty of other characters besides their main.

i just randomized everybody. im about to make the brackets now. i'll post it tom. around 5 oclock central time :) once their up you can start your matches. you'll have until friday to complete them, but you can do your later round matches once you get your opponents.
That's gonna end up being a 3 week tourney lol... I encourage everyone to complete matches asap! :)

Kief

Smash Ace
That's gonna end up being a 3 week tourney lol... I encourage everyone to complete matches asap! :)
well once people start getting eliminated, the rounds will take up less time. plus i bet everybody will be done before friday. i dont imagin it'll take 3 weeks :)

Top Bottom