• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DRAGON THUNDER WARHEAD TOURNAMENT 5: FINAL DESTINATION Boston, MA Results Up!

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I may pull out my Samus. I've been doing better than I thought with her... or maybe it's due to the lack of MU experience. I'm thinking I might start with her but switch as I move up in difficulty. Stupid DDD infinite on her.

So Fatal

Smash Master
So someone should tell me the details about the smash meetup thing on friday of the tournament, I get out of class at 12 and I know the tourney starts at 8 but I dun feel like going home then back into to the city so who wants to play from 2-till tournament lolz

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Every friday they meet up at a location near BU Central and play Brawl from around 3-7(?). I usually show up around 2 though. Yume can probably give you the exact address though. Imma try to walk there this friday, in case the tourney end too late and I have to walk home.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
So someone should tell me the details about the smash meetup thing on friday of the tournament, I get out of class at 12 and I know the tourney starts at 8 but I dun feel like going home then back into to the city so who wants to play from 2-till tournament lolz
We have Smash Friday at GSU starting at 3, I prob need to help Raeef set up, but perhaps Nafiun or Nick can get there a bit earlier and set up his wii on the big TV?

Edit: Address is 775 Commonwealth Ave. Boston, MA 02215 (The George Sherman Union)

We play Smash at the Basement 1st, then we move to the Back Court for the Tournament.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
if i'm not meeting with a research group that day, i'll be around starting at 1, so i could in theory brawl till tourny time, if i do have that group, then i'll be around starting at... 330? well i'll know for certain whether i'm gonna go to the group this weekend, i'll update when i find out

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Nice, if your coming before 3, stop by 700 Commonwealth Ave, its right outside of BU East stop, we'll play in my dorm 1st, then we'll help my roommate move stuff into the GSU so we can have enough setups for 1 on 1s.

CrimsonSnow

Smash Cadet
Lucas Arts

Nice, if your coming before 3, stop by 700 Commonwealth Ave, its right outside of BU East stop, we'll play in my dorm 1st, then we'll help my roommate move stuff into the GSU so we can have enough setups for 1 on 1s.
I'll prolly get there around 7:ish...I usually stop by GameStop for some Brawl in downtown for like an hour after work. I can invite ppl from there if you like. If not I'll just head straight to BU and get there earlier.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I'll prolly get there around 7:ish...I usually stop by GameStop for some Brawl in downtown for like an hour after work. I can invite ppl from there if you like. If not I'll just head straight to BU and get there earlier.
You mean the day of the tournament or tommorow? And yeah I played at that GameStop a couple of times. I won a tournament there, suppose to get a Colored drawing of Snake, but its being 4 months and I still have yet to recieve it <.<

And YES, def invite people, Raeef is failing at advertising to BU right now as we still havent printed out the flyers yet. Though hopefully we will have them tommorow.

Edit: CrimsonSnow, is your name Nito by any chance?

CrimsonSnow

Smash Cadet
Lucas Arts

You mean the day of the tournament or tommorow? And yeah I played at that GameStop a couple of times. I won a tournament there, suppose to get a Colored drawing of Snake, but its being 4 months and I still have yet to recieve it <.<

And YES, def invite people, Raeef is failing at advertising to BU right now as we still havent printed out the flyers yet. Though hopefully we will have them tommorow.

Edit: CrimsonSnow, is your name Nito by any chance?
OH! I bet I know who was gonna make that drawing too!!! He's been really busy with other 'commissions'...

I suppose I'll invite those people who play at gamestop, I just hope they don't annoy anyone. They absolutely HATE when people edgeguard by holding onto the ledge. Tomorrow I didn't really know much about, I'll see what I can do about heading down dere...

As for mai name hehe...what gave me away? Couldn't be mai newly aquired title or the fact it says Nito in mai profile or the fact I have a Taokaka sig :3 Somehow people in that GameStop refer to me as "General Tao". I'm hungry nao :lick:

Edit: Would your name happen to be Calvin >w>

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Any bu dudes playing from 12-3 tommrow and let me join?
We can play in my dorm until set up for Smash Friday, I live on 700 Commonwealth Ave, right at the BU East stop. My # is 617-543-1032, text me if you want to play!

@Nito, what gave it away is that you also posted on the facebook group that you play at the Gamestop after work, and I thought that its too much to be a coincidence. And yup, I'm Calvin. ^.^

btw, you keep in touch with Jackie and other UMass smashers right? do you think they may be interested in this?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Mmmm, Imma definitely come early. Nito - if the gamestop peeps hate edgehoggin, they're gonna hate us. What gamestop is it?

Also, Calvin, do you know when you can get the replays up? If you can't, would you mind sending it to my wii. I'll probably records the tv and post'em up. I really want critique before the tourney.
/scrubby way of recording matches

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
@fatal i should be able to do 1-3, i'm gonna try to meet with my advisor beforehand, so maybe i'll have to leave early or get there at 2.

@akc12 yes, there will be a smashfest at bu tomorrow at 3 at the same address of the tournament. it will be in the basement of the building. call one of the to's (numbers in the op) and we'll direct you. also it appears fatal will be coming by beforehand (1-3) to play at calvin's dorm, which i should be joining. give me or calvin a call if you wanna come to that

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Mmmm, Imma definitely come early. Nito - if the gamestop peeps hate edgehoggin, they're gonna hate us. What gamestop is it?

Also, Calvin, do you know when you can get the replays up? If you can't, would you mind sending it to my wii. I'll probably records the tv and post'em up. I really want critique before the tourney.
/scrubby way of recording matches
Okay, after we play tommorow/today and get some replays, I'll send them to yoshiq and ask him to record them, if you just want them asap I can just send you the .bin files via megaupload.

any smash fests at bu or northeastern before this?
Yes! Tommorow, from 3-7 at BU Central, if you come before we can play at my dorm.

CrimsonSnow

Smash Cadet
General Tao post

@ 夢を見てる Yesh, I went to Jackies on Halloween foar a party, but she's been sick these past few days =( As for other smashers I'll let some know. Also, how are we recording these? Someone have a Laptop with a Capture Card?

@ DarkShadow This is the GameStop in DownTown Crossing. Get off at Park Street or Downtown and its down the path that's between these two stations. They just don't like it when you edgehog. They misuse the term 'gimp' when you do this and might look at ya like your a scrub. >.<

@ Memphischains You sellin' that Capture Card? I could really use it.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Downtown Crossing, but srsly, they only have 1 Brawl set up on a laggy TV with crappy controllers, you'll have much more fun coming to our smashfests.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I didn't get to play Fatal :( Oh well, I had fun getting ***** by the kirby MU. Thanks for the replays Calvin - my friends left 5 mins ago (we were brawlin) and they finally know how falco can be hard (lasers > da-us).

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
good playin with you all, though dunno if i did play you though crimson snow. hope to get in some more ddd vs. snake against ya matt.

CrimsonSnow

Smash Cadet
lol I was @ home asleep. I thought you guys were only going to play from 1-3 yesterday, dammit...

I'm plannin to come to that tournament this Friday. If you guys are having more meetups before that lemmie kno or post here and I'll see if I can come.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
MAJOR EDIT IN PAYOUT GO TELL US WHAT YOU THINK

sorry about that guys.

@crimsonsnow if you wanna warm up before the tournament we'll have smash fridays at the same building in the basement from like 230 to whenever we get kicked out. i would be willing to do something veteran's day, but we'll see.

CrimsonSnow

Smash Cadet
I'm fine with gift cards...been getting a LOT of them lately!
Last month I got a $50 gift card from this random "Deca Sports 2" tournament at the gamestop in downtown, and a week before that $15 best buy gift card for winning a brawl tourney in CT (that was almost the worst brawl tournament I ever went to...just the rules and stuff were bad, though the competition wasn't that good either >.<)

ONE kid (the one who kinda ran it) had the nerve to call me something like, a 'tourny troll' or something because (and this was AFTER I won the tournament) I complained that the tournament was a joke because:

1) HUGEST LAGGIEST HD TV I EVER SEEN/PLAYED ON...it was like Wifi online play without the Wifi and online part.
2) Items...not against all of em but when your oppoent heals %200 damage in a round...still won tho :3
3) 4 FFAs
4) Stages set to Random after character is picked...but ALL STAGES are on...
5) Metaknight was not banned jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk but seriously.

Top Bottom