• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DRAGON THUNDER WARHEAD TOURNAMENT 5: FINAL DESTINATION Boston, MA Results Up!

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
me and my friend are going to try and make this, we'll probably be there, but its going to be scary driving into boston lol.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
me and my friend are going to try and make this, we'll probably be there, but its going to be scary driving into boston lol.
Yeah, driving in Boston sucks, good thing is that BU is sort of on the outer part of Boston, so it shouldn't be as bad. But if you do need help getting here then call me.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
T systems ftw

I'm bringing a friend who needs a bit of tourney experience. He is identified as the the 15 year old with bad teeth and who isn't good at this game, as appose to me, the 14 year old with the good teeth and who's good at the game.

the game being melee, and some brawl

CrimsonSnow

Smash Cadet
see my pro-ness?

I was so Hype last night I woke up late for work but its OKAY I'M cuz I'm HYPE AT WORK CAN'T WAIT TO LEAVE!

I'm hopin I can get some pro advice from some avid Pit/Wolf/Metaknight Players, I need to learn another character other than Lucas so I have a counter pick! >.<

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
hyyyyyyyype

also, for people coming to smash fridays, if you're having trouble with directions call the to's around 2 cuz the basement reception sucks ***. also, don't call me until after 300, text if you want though, cuz i'm meeting with a professor from 130 to 3. i'll be getting there around 4 so if people are showing up then you're welcome to call to make sure you know where you're going. if you're coming at 8, no worries, the venue has good reception, so we won't miss your call.

REMEMBER: BU CENTRAL STOP on the Boston College line of the Green line.
Driving? There are parking lots and meters all along Commonwealth, meters will be cheaper, but much harder to find. Lots are about 10 dollars?

If you're gonna be late, call! we need to know how many people will be there by 845 so we can make brackets. That's it for now, hope to meet you all there

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Do you go to NEU AKC?
Yes I do. I was up there with the tourney level players for Brawl and a bit under them for Melee. Good for practice, before i never had anyone around my level to practice with.

gonna clean myself up then go. can't wait!

frozensoul89

Smash Rookie
Hey, Irish Mafia, it's too bad you had to leave early and I had to arrive late. If you go to one of the smash fridays, I'll play you in melee with my Zelda ;)

Good job VGS! Forty player turnout is pretty legit.

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
omfg we just finished. crazy so crazy! so we had to get out of the area by 2 am, but the tourney was still going. some of the money went for the venue charges, so prize money was lowered. so someone pulling a cart filled with crap and guess where we go. we snuck in and played the rest of losers at some random corridor... we were worried about janitors and we had a few close calls. we were setting up the wii but we didnt have a working one... we spent like 10 min trying to get a wiimote until koolaid decides to reveal his wiimote. an accident but it really pissed us off. the whole time we were trying to be quiet.

a match was played then it was koolaid and dawall. first was lucario (dawall) and ddd (kool). dawall won. then kool won 3 times straight. he'll give more details and i have it all on my phone. other funny things happened. some guy in the first match, his leg got messed up somehow but it was nothing serious. well wait for the vid its crazy.

wow. what a tourney. now im at dawalls dorm gonna play some brawl before we sleep.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeah, that **** about sneaking into CAS and finishing the tournament there was ****ing nuts.

The tournament was pretty messy, but I sort of expected that for our 1st tournament =/
Our next tourney will def be much more organized.

Thanks everyone for coming! sorry for all the mess, but I had alot of fun and hope yall did as well XD

Edit: Matt you will get you money asap I promise, we also need Darius's info to give him his money.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
I'll put up some results, but i don't really remember anyone cept for like top 4 since i don't recall everyone's names. good times breaking into cas to finish the tournament, its a shame i couldn't play more of you guys, you guys should come to smash fridays sometime, it'll be a good time.

@ akc, it was my lucario vs. his mk first.

but yeah, how did everyone like the tournament? it was our first time, so that's our excuse for some of the issues. next time will be faaaar better. mad props to our videogame society board, Raeef, Gordon, Eunice and Dante for pulling this all together in a matter of two weeks. thanks to everyone who came, nice meeting you all, hope to see you all again soon

CrimsonSnow

Smash Cadet
Its been a long time since I had so much fun playing Brawl. The last two matches I had made me kinda sad...(Accidentally PK Freeze vs Fats and Sion's ROB rgggggg...)

I do hope people enjoyed watching some of my matches, we didn't get to record many since they usally went over the 3 min limit.

ALSO, I left my Green and white Snowboarding Coat there! It had the key to my room in my house which sucks, but maybe someone found it or there's a lost and found? Needless to say I'll be dropping by BU today to look for it. Is there a chance there will be Brawl in someone's dorm or something after 5 today? I'm still pretty hype and wanna get some matches (Particularly ROB!)

skellis

Smash Rookie
ill go more into my actual experience later. it was real good, did well vs. rob and meta for once

yeah it was fun. good location... excellant location. near by. lots of peeps. try to get the place earlier and we are set pretty much

edit: oh crap, this is akc12 btw. using a friends laptop, still in dawall's dorm room

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
haha, i don't have brackets on me so i can't do results yet, i'm waiting on some other people to get online and tell me them so i can have official ones

Dark_Cloud

Smash Apprentice
Oh man this tournament was a ball. I haven't played brawl in so long and I still placed 7th! I can feel the hate for metaknight though LOL.

Good job your first tournament guys, but really spend some quality time with tournament maker, you were underutilized the capabilities of that program.

The program has the capabilities to tell you what match needs to go on and on what tv, and when it ends it instantly tells you who the next match is and on what tv. There seemed to always be free tvs and the tournament felt like a lot of guess work and scrolling through the bracket to figure it out. This could have went soo much faster with just a little more knowledge of the program. If there's another one of these I really don't mind helping you guys out if you want it.

Still overall great job, I loved it. You guys are the best. I reconnected with a bunch of old friends.

CrimsonSnow

Smash Cadet
5th is not bad...but with more practice against Certain Matchups I will definately take a money winning place next time. (need practice how to Approach and punish ROB and Peach stuff, and G&W's Turtle spam is sometimes a pain. No one was Falco that I saw, but I have a seriously annoying time against a Falco that rolls everwhere, there's little I think Lucas can do. Also Olimar Hard Counters Lucas. Prove me wrong.)

CrimsonSnow

Smash Cadet
Won't a PK fire read be good vs a rolling falco? also well placed fsmash if he rolls across you.
Just thinking out loud
Nope and nope... I actually tested this thoroughly. PK Fire does not come out quickly so he has time to shield it/dodge or even deflector just in time...*** THAT DEFLECTOR~! (not because it reflects but its almost a free safe hit the way it was being used) If I PK fire in his opposite direction and he rolls into it then okay but thats just silly.

Fsmash can work only if he rolls within your range, like behind you...but I'm talking about a Falco that just rollllllls till he's either far away from you or out of your range. I end up chasing, which sucks since he can just shoot some more or do whatever he wants. Need more input?

PS I can UP+B very well.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Does anyone have a SD card with B+? I really want to install it on my wii but I don't know how to install it. I've read through the guide and it hasn't been all too helpful to us mac users, especially those without SD slots.

Top Bottom