• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone should play League of Legends

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Gangplank's ult slows anyway o_o
without rylai's, I'm pretty sure it only slows if you get hit by a cannonball.

furthermore, I'm pretty sure the effects won't stack:

i.e. with rylai's, it'd slow everyone and getting hit with a canonball would only refresh the slow counter, it wouldn't stack in slow durration or intensity.

Airborne

Smash Lord
i regret to inform you that at level 8, on his 9th use of Rammus, Airborne has officially lost his first team game using Rammus. T_____________T

i personally blame my team not having ANY communication whatsoever, besides deciding to kill the dragon first thing in the game (which went well, because we ***** the **** out of it).

my team did not call ANY mia's whatsoever, outside of me.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
My bro and I figured out how to do dragon at level 1 with just Blitzcrank and Heimerdinger. Its pretty sweet, because we both end up at level 2 after the dragon is dead.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
My bro and I figured out how to do dragon at level 1 with just Blitzcrank and Heimerdinger. Its pretty sweet, because we both end up at level 2 after the dragon is dead.
Nooooo now me and Rakarth aren't the only ones who know how to 2-man dragon at level 1; though we do it with different champs :p

As for some of the recent questions:

Rylai's does make Tibbers summon slow. Tibbers summon does not innately stun; the stun comes from Annie's passive. If you summon Tibbers without the stun ready then Rylai's will still slow the targets.

Rylai's makes Pirate's ult slow the entire area instantly, even if no cannonballs are hitting; this can stack with the cannonball slow, but won't last long and stacked slows are diminished badly anyway. Similarly, Rylai's makes Cho's Rupture slow the entire Rupture area before the spikes erupt (AP Cho is still bad and you should still feel bad for using him :p).

Rylai's does not make Heimer's turrets slow.

AP Twisted Fate is good, but physical TF is still better.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well, we'll never actually do it in a real game. Because Heimer is god-awful.
lies.

Heimer is good.

Heimer just requires a very...... different playstyle.

Now I played with an AWFUL heimer yesterday. It's one thing to pay less attention to turrets........ it's quite another to NEVER USE THEM.

Also, new updates tomorrow.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
As many already know, the new game League of Legends was recently released by the guys who created DotA Allstars (a Warcraft 3 mod for those who don't know). LoL is a completely free to download and play game, which is absurdly fun and addicting. You can get it from www.leagueoflegends.com . So far I've met a ton of Smashers playing LoL (including Overswarm randomly :D ) and I figured we might as well try to make a crew. The game is only 5v5 online, so we can totally make a solid team if we tried. These are the people who currently play that I know of, and their in-game names are in parenthesis:

SamuraiPanda (SamuraiPanda)
WhatsThePoint (GenericallyNamed)
Notra (Notramagama)
Overswarm (Overswarm)
Omniswell (Omniswell)
JBird (JBird)
Thinkaman (Thinkaman)
Needle of Juntah (JuntahhHarvester)
Ook (ookokorrafaa)

Download the game, make a name, and send me a friend request. Lets get our LoL on :D
I play LoL with JBIRD, Omni, and Notra. I dont suggest playing with Jbird though it'll Just be straight up KSing and complaining throughout the whole game. Ask omni. But Heimer is amazing panda :D

Notra

Smash Ace
Heimer isn't bad he jsut is for w certain team. Like one with high pushing ability but low ability at big team brawls. He can make turret traps/ stop the push.

But his down side is he is the probably the easiest character to counter....

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Heimer needs a team that is capable of understanding how to play with a heimer on the team.

but he's quite decent

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I used to think the same thing. But the problem really comes at the higher levels of play. When the game goes to 5 man gank squads, which is the strongest tactic of the current metagame, Heimerdinger can do NOTHING to help in a team fight. Yes, a well-placed grenade isn't half bad, but he can't contribute anything outside of that. Turrets are absolutely worthless in 5 man fights, because at most Heim can only place/upgrade one.

Of course, Heim is great at pushing a lane if he's smart. But that is assuming he isn't laning against any of the multiple hard-counters that he has (which basically includes anyone with long range attacks and what not).

At low level play, Heim sucks. At mid level play, Heim can hold his own. At high level play, Heim is a bag of worthlessness.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
with CD redux, he can place a couple turrets. And he can practically global slow with Rylai's Missiles. and building rows of turrets in anticipation of a fight can completely turn the tide of a battle

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
You are assuming a few things. First, that the turrets will do anything in a team fight where AoEs are being spammed every second (hint: they go down fast). Second, that a 1.5 second random target slow will do anything in a 5v5 other than helping you catch a few runners in the case that you win it. And third, that you can anticipate a fight so far in advance that you can make a line of turrets (of course, this is leaving out the first assumption that AoEs won't **** the turrets into the ground).

And then you throw in the fact that those are his ONLY contributions to a 5v5... You can kinda see where I'm getting at.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
heimer is kinda hard to take down because his build tends to make him a little tanky. and his turrets take more than one aoe to knock down. they do good damage and will lower the armour AND magic resist of their targets continuously as long as they are up and firing.

a turret line will give your team someting to retreat to and pretty much completely negate any vulnerability your team may have had to pinsiring.

and, all that nonwithstanding, Heimer is a beast early and mid game and non ranged champs are pretty muc completely incapable of having any sort of answer for him.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
thats wrong, I **** in team fights with heimer. One his rockets gets runners and his grenades ****. Also if the team fights do occur there not gonna be thinking about aoeing the turrets because in a team fights your fighting the other team. I've killed people even when I lost team fights just placing turrets behind me as Im running away. Heimer is good all the time. Dont hate.

Airborne

Smash Lord
yes, he can only gernade in team fights he cant do anything else, hes only good early game
then haver heimer babysit the carries and allow them to farm enough to a point where they can help desolate the other team... HoN has Scout, who is basically a Warwick with a toggle stealth, a disarm, and DotA's Sniper's Ulti... He is not so much a big team fighter, but he is used to single out people, which still manages to weaken the team.

In other words, Heimer must be used to take full advantage of early game in order to push turrets, giving his team gold and providing more access to the enemy team through pathing that is no longer blocked by said enemy turrets. I'm guessing that this game doesn't have items that permit disables (sheepstick, eul's, etc.), so it seems like Heimer would need a tank build of some sort... well, anyways, his turrets can still be used as wards...

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
ok so how am i supposed to last hit when there are 6 turrets attacking creeps? oh yeah you can't, heimer gets all the gold and in the long run cant do **** with it. hes an awful hero and cant do ****

also your Carry is usually soloing mid so they get stacked. no wants ot lane with him cause hes hogs gold and cant help at all

until someone figures out some insane strat to make him good late game hes garbage

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
ok so how am i supposed to last hit when there are 6 turrets attacking creeps? oh yeah you can't, heimer gets all the gold and in the long run cant do **** with it. hes an awful hero and cant do ****

also your Carry is usually soloing mid so they get stacked. no wants ot lane with him cause hes hogs gold and cant help at all

until someone figures out some insane strat to make him good late game hes garbage
Everyone is mad cuz heimer is just to good.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I solo mid with heimer.

normally it takes 2 or 3 of them to deal with me unless they have a really good ashe soling against me.

if I can make it 2 v 1 in both of the other lanes... well, that's like winning right there.

Also, if I'm making them blow their attacks on my turrets, that's as good as protecting my teammates from that attack.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I solo mid with heimer.

normally it takes 2 or 3 of them to deal with me unless they have a really good ashe soling against me.

if I can make it 2 v 1 in both of the other lanes... well, that's like winning right there.

Also, if I'm making them blow their attacks on my turrets, that's as good as protecting my teammates from that attack.
yeah I solo mid to. If I play solo games I carry almost all of the time. Pretty much just set up a line of turrets mid and upgrade all of them. And after I push the tower down I go gank in other lanes. And normally people Push down my towers when Im gone which is what I want them to do so I have a reason to rebuild cuz Im pretty lazy with that.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
just slowly move the turrets forward if you don't wanna leave the lane.
thats what I do early game i build in the middle of Mid and then I start pushing them up and if Im playing against someone who doesnt out range me the game is pretty much over. But I have been able to stop ashes that try and counter me. I just harrass them while they're attacking my turrets so they back up.

Notra

Smash Ace
thats what I do early game i build in the middle of Mid and then I start pushing them up and if Im playing against someone who doesnt out range me the game is pretty much over. But I have been able to stop ashes that try and counter me. I just harrass them while they're attacking my turrets so they back up.
The thing is heimer can only push slow while wuju kayle and sivir can massacre towers

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The thing is heimer can only push slow while wuju kayle and sivir can massacre towers
not everyone's built to massacre towes like yi, sivir or nasus.

But heimer stops the push from changing directions.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
nah marcus. Heimer if played right can control a lane for the whole entire game. And if your aggresive with your towers you can already push to their tower at like level 3.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I can push to their tower with Corki at level 1. You just can't do crap to the tower once you get there because you're just one guy at an incredibly low level.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I can push to their tower with Corki at level 1. You just can't do crap to the tower once you get there because you're just one guy at an incredibly low level.
yeah but I've played with your corki a while ago and it was terribad.

Top Bottom