• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone should play League of Legends

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
i remember that game OS died before ht minions spawned. then died agai nas soon as he came back. yasha had a bad record as well we all did but it was mostly because of corki ganking us.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
So Udyr is absolutely trash. He is seriously the Brawl Ganondorf of LoL. He brings nothing to the table. He might as well just be a big creep.

Faildyr.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So Udyr is absolutely trash. He is seriously the Brawl Ganondorf of LoL. He brings nothing to the table. He might as well just be a big creep.

Faildyr.
Agreed.

Haven't played him yet, but have watched him get owned enough to where it doesn't matter.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Agreed.

Haven't played him yet, but have watched him get owned enough to where it doesn't matter.
he's awful.

basically all he's good for is his bear stance stun. But even then, there are MUCH better stuns out there.

just don't play him.

Notra

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm gonna say it's way too early, with cd reduction bear can be crazy. However if I were to make an estimation to how good he'll be, is as good as ditto, the pokemon. He can fill in the holes of a team with his diverse play styles, but he can't do it as well as some other chars can.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Yeah Udyrs good. Nobody knows how to play him yet. I remember when I first started playing this game a while ago everyone thought gangplank was terrible. I really dont think we can even argue about which character triumphs over others right now. These heroes will be constantly changing its not like brawl. I for one hate the new ryze.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'm starting to figure Udyr out. I've got a build that is actually really good early/mid and I think I know how to make it good in late game too. Its a strange mixture of early tank/carry. My bro and I just carried a horrible team as long as we could, and I was playing Udyr.

I haven't given up on him yet :D

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I'm starting to figure Udyr out. I've got a build that is actually really good early/mid and I think I know how to make it good in late game too. Its a strange mixture of early tank/carry. My bro and I just carried a horrible team as long as we could, and I was playing Udyr.

I haven't given up on him yet :D
Once more people start learning how to play him and more builds are revealed than he'll be a pretty good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0hZUBjLTl4 <-- to pro

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Everyone thought Gangplank was terrible?! I made a long post explaining how he had too many tools and was broken immediately after the first time I used him. A bunch of people disagreed with me, and 3 weeks later the forums were flooded with threads whining about GP being OP.

Udyr is trash. His only useful skill is the bear stun, which isn't as good as Jax' or Alistar's, and he's squishier than both of them, doesn't dish out damage like Jax, and can't smash apart towers like Ali (nor heal like Ali). Gnome has been using him a lot trying to figure him out and he basically summed it up like this: "He's far too reliant on speed itemization to reach the fight but if you build him like that he's too squishy and can't stay in the fight anyway". There just isn't any reason to use him because there are other heroes who can do everything he can but better.

Also our pre-made had Faro's pre-made whining about matchmaking last night after we beat them 3 games in a row lol =P

Anyway, if Udyr is going to find any use, it will be as a jungler; and he's not as good at it as Fiddle.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Everyone thought Gangplank was terrible?! I made a long post explaining how he had too many tools and was broken immediately after the first time I used him. A bunch of people disagreed with me, and 3 weeks later the forums were flooded with threads whining about GP being OP.

Udyr is trash. His only useful skill is the bear stun, which isn't as good as Jax' or Alistar's, and he's squishier than both of them, doesn't dish out damage like Jax, and can't smash apart towers like Ali (nor heal like Ali). Gnome has been using him a lot trying to figure him out and he basically summed it up like this: "He's far too reliant on speed itemization to reach the fight but if you build him like that he's too squishy and can't stay in the fight anyway". There just isn't any reason to use him because there are other heroes who can do everything he can but better.

Also our pre-made had Faro's pre-made whining about matchmaking last night after we beat them 3 games in a row lol =P

Anyway, if Udyr is going to find any use, it will be as a jungler; and he's not as good at it as Fiddle.
You obviously havent been in the beta for very long. I meant a really really long time ago everyone thought Gangplank was bad. No but udyrs good.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Anyone who ever thought GP was bad regardless of how long ago that was needs a lobotomy. Low cd nuke that procs on hit effects and hits for ridiculous damage at low levels, get-out-of-cc-free card, global aoe slowing ult, and a creep denying ability....sounds like a bad hero. He's basically DotA lich with a free Cleanse and Chain Frost can be targeted globally.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Anyone who ever thought GP was bad regardless of how long ago that was needs a lobotomy. Low cd nuke that procs on hit effects and hits for ridiculous damage at low levels, get-out-of-cc-free card, global aoe slowing ult, and a creep denying ability....sounds like a bad hero. He's basically DotA lich with a free Cleanse and Chain Frost can be targeted globally.
you know that riot has the ability to change heroes...to make bad heroes...good heroes...which is what I meant. A long time ago he was bad but they buffed him and made him good.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Best udyr I've played with deffinitely did NOT carry. he played a mix of tank and jungle. in team fights he played support with bear stun, and was focused down for it.

he had an awful K/D spread, but a great assist stat and our team was doing great for having him be there.

he saved us a few times too.

But I still can't help but think that anything with a stun could have worked just as well and been more useful in other ways.

BTW, the item changes have made me like veigar a LOT more since the last patch.

Start:
-rejuvination beads and faerie charm -> Haunting Guise
- Kage's Lucky Pick
- Sorcerer's Shoes
-Archangel's Staff
- Lich Bane
- turn kage's pick into deathire grasp
- zhonya's ring
-sell haunting guise and but frozen heart

definitely need to FEEL a bit more for item builds now, because some things should be swapped out or purchased in a diffrent order depending on how things are going.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I've gotten significantly better with Udyr, and I have plans on how to make him better through smarter item builds/skill leveling. In several different games I've had people say that I was the only good Udyr they've ever seen. One guy even said he'd never hated fighting an Udyr before me :D

But I'm still trying to figure him out. I think it'll be a little while before I can be confident in him. I also like never die with him (unless we're losing the game). Its pretty funny how many times I've escaped from near-death.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I don't like that he can't max out his abilities.

I dislike tiger stance though, since it's passive provides absolutely no positive effect. the burst damage for the initial transform is nice though.

definitely want bear and turtle though

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I still don't get why Tiger Stance isn't allowed to proc on-attack effects three times per attack. I get that it was Riot's precaution to make it not OP, but as it stands any buff he could get is needed, and that alone would give him something that he is definitively better at than anyone else.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
they cold rework it to only splitting attacks in hald instead of in thirds.

that would make it non-OP if it proced on-hit effects, but still useable.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Best udyr I've played with deffinitely did NOT carry. he played a mix of tank and jungle. in team fights he played support with bear stun, and was focused down for it.

he had an awful K/D spread, but a great assist stat and our team was doing great for having him be there.

he saved us a few times too.

But I still can't help but think that anything with a stun could have worked just as well and been more useful in other ways.

BTW, the item changes have made me like veigar a LOT more since the last patch.

Start:
-rejuvination beads and faerie charm -> Haunting Guise
- Kage's Lucky Pick
- Sorcerer's Shoes
-Archangel's Staff
- Lich Bane
- turn kage's pick into deathire grasp
- zhonya's ring
-sell haunting guise and but frozen heart

definitely need to FEEL a bit more for item builds now, because some things should be swapped out or purchased in a diffrent order depending on how things are going.
You do realize the hero came out TWO DAYS AGO! If a new brawl character came out nobody would be amazing with him two days after he came out.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You do realize the hero came out TWO DAYS AGO! If a new brawl character came out nobody would be amazing with him two days after he came out.
If a Brawl character came out and had no grab combos, a piss poor recovery, and a bad shield, you could probably say "this guy sucks!" safely. Udyr is kinda the same thing. He's squishy, and his only real good thing is he is able to stun you and then hit you with another form to essentially deal one big chunk of burst damage.

Which is less than one of Tryn's standard attacks that crits.

So not worth it. His phoenix AoE is worse than malphites, his stun is worse than just about everyone else's, his turtle shield is kind of cool except that others live longer than him regardless. It's just a jack of all trades kind of thing.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
If a Brawl character came out and had no grab combos, a piss poor recovery, and a bad shield, you could probably say "this guy sucks!" safely. Udyr is kinda the same thing. He's squishy, and his only real good thing is he is able to stun you and then hit you with another form to essentially deal one big chunk of burst damage.

Which is less than one of Tryn's standard attacks that crits.

So not worth it. His phoenix AoE is worse than malphites, his stun is worse than just about everyone else's, his turtle shield is kind of cool except that others live longer than him regardless. It's just a jack of all trades kind of thing.
You cant figure everything about a character in two days. In some ways I see him like axe from dota. I've had people chasing me with me having absolutely no health I turn around and kill them when they have 2/3's of their health ( switching from bear form to tiger). Either way lets say he is a bad hero doesnt mean people cant destroy with him, just like heimer. even though your guys's arguments about heimer are wrong.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
i see the soviet likes playing bad heros, next im gonna hear captain falcon isint that bad..........

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Lol is trash, i dont see why anyone would play it instead of DotA, its like playing DotA pubs, but worse cause you cant win all by yourselves :/
Granted, if we could get a crew we could pubstomp the **** out of everything, which would be really enjoyable.

I still do play it once in awhile, my name on LoL is Doomblaze

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Udyr is a piece of ****. I put a ton of effort into him and I simply cannot change the reality that he is horrible. And what proves this are the numbers. He just doesn't do anything well at level 18.

In other news, I picked up Singed.

liljp112

Smash Cadet
Udyr is a piece of ****. I put a ton of effort into him and I simply cannot change the reality that he is horrible. And what proves this are the numbers. He just doesn't do anything well at level 18.

In other news, I picked up Singed.
so have i even though im terrible with him

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I actually just played as a ****** Udyr.

my end build was:
  • Nashor's Tooth
  • Rod of Ages
  • Trinity Force
  • Aegis of the Legon
  • Atma's Impaler
  • Phantom Dancer
I started out with madred's razors and ninja tabi for jungling but sold them for my last 2 items.

Anyhow, I'm SURE that's not an ideal build for him, but I was throwing stuff together to see what was working.

He can jungle fairly well as long as you start turtle and then level turtle and pheonix. Get bear once you are ready to help teammates.

After coming out with golem buff and nashor's tooth, you an keep switching between turtle and pheonix for extreme mitigation and great damage. Use bear to initiate and to stop people from escaping.

Get tiger stance because you have to eventually and use it pretty much only to more quickly DPS things down by alternating between it and pheonix when you do't need the healing from turtle.

It's an all over the place build, but as a melee, he needs damage mitigation and, as a non caster, at least some physical damage is a must.

Now as for the explanation of the other items: AP and attack speed. Pheonix and Turtle both scale with AP. Not particularly well, mind you, but they are UBER spammable, which makes that nice. Attack speed causes pheonix's passive to proc more often.

Then spam turtle and bear to get away when you are in trouble

End result: A chewy hero with great DPS ability.

Essentially you are going to be spamming between 2 abilities to make sure you are ALWAYS under the influence of monkey's agility x2, one passive and 1 active (though, with CD redux, the actives can overlap for a brief time). At late levels, the mana cost barel even matters.

examples:

• initiation - Bear + any other stance as long as you stun when you get there. Bear spamming gets you there faster anyhow
  • team fghts - turtle + pheonix Turtle spam makes you VERY chewy and pheonix spam deals nice damge including splash damage by passive and aura damage on active. (throw in bear stuns ad lib)
  • run away - bear+turtle you'll run faster and mitigate damage
  • Tower maiming and ganks - Tiger and Pheonix (bear to initiate or hold during ganks)even though it's going to be a lower level in all probablility, tiger will help pheonix DPS something down quicker han any other stance

Biggest Problem: CC and focus fire

without being able to spam cast, he can't keep his damage output from pheonix or his damage mitigation from turtle up. Also, he loses his monkey's agility stacks (It only stacks, like 2 times, but it sucks to lose that attack speed and dodge).

Top Bottom