• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy Tactics Mafia: Game finally over! Raziek lynched, Town wins! Lego too!

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
And I did. Back when we first were talking about what hellcry punch actually did. Full claim (the one you guys have been quoting) only elaborated on the second ability.

Kantrip

Kantplay
OKAY not sure how long I'll have access to the internet so here goes everything.

Allow me to clarify what my good ol Lv. 1 Hellcry Punch does.

Dring the night phase, I pick a player. Said player loses their first active ability used that night (IE, roleblocked). But, and here's the good part, factional night kills are not affected or observed. Oh, and the next good part? My ability is classified as factional night kill despite not killing the targeted player (meaning good luck stopping it nerds)
Oh so you said "loses" but then you said "(IE, roleblocked)". It's kind of confusing with the "(IE, roleblocked)" and I thought that meant the ability roleblocked your target. You didn't make it very clear that you meant they permanently lose their ability.

Considering it doesn't even affect factional NKs, that's a REALLY gross ability. :glare: You are WAY more likely to hit town with stuff like that than scum, and if you hit scum you don't even take their kill.

@Raziek: You said Glyph had lied about something when you cited all your Night action results. Could you remind me what that was again?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Its both loses AND roleblock. And I agree, its a pretty odd ability to have as town, but there's also nothing I can do about having it.

I can clarify that for you. Raz told me I didn't visit anyone, and I claimed to have visited Gova. Gova's ability is missing, so I'm pretty sure Raz just had his result mucked with.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Inferno, what did you do N2?

Gova, Sangfroid, scum picks?
I said I performed nothing. I wanted to save stop and I was in no danger so I didn't jump. I also didn't jump to prepare for my priest gambit (now regretting I didn't actually pick priest). My idea was that I would claim priest, bait the NK and jump N3. I didn't jump N3 because Ryker specifically told me not to jump.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
@Rajam, Glyph/Kantrip/Inferno are the one's I'm most interested in.

@Glyph, what made you think it was a good idea to use your Hellcry Punch at all? It takes away active abilities and it's something I would think would warrant more consideration in using.

@Kantrip, are you still talking with your neighbor? Who do you think it is? Have you noticed any similarities in writing style for instance? Give only one name.

That compilation post by Ryker would be super useful considering the size of this thread. :c

Kantrip

Kantplay
My neighbour hasn't said anything since D2. The only things I've been saying to him are "are you still alive" as of late. Their writing style used all capitals while they were posting, along with sophisticated and not-stupid language. Still think the whole thing is all around scummy in a manipulative way.

I think it may have been Gheb.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Its both loses AND roleblock. And I agree, its a pretty odd ability to have as town, but there's also nothing I can do about having it.

I can clarify that for you. Raz told me I didn't visit anyone, and I claimed to have visited Gova. Gova's ability is missing, so I'm pretty sure Raz just had his result mucked with.
That was a bluff, brohmslice.

I talked about that during the massclaim. I was just trying to trip you up on Hellcry punch.

That night I had actually tracked Kantrip, and saw him visiting Legolas, Ryker and Seph, which doesn't line up properly with what he claims happened. :urg:

Rajam

Smash Champion
That's a bull**** argument. Taking a look at the player list and looking at evidence:

1. Raziek - Watch result was correct
3. Ryker - Claims to have insult
5. Inferno3044 - There's evidence I visited Gheb. Take that as you wish.
7. Kantrip - Doomed Sang.
8. Gova - Remind me what you did to Gheb?
10. Rajam - Nothing that I can recall.
11. Sangfroid Warrior - Claims to have Night Sword, dead this night phase anyways
12. Glyph - Don't you have an ability to RB? Hellcry punch or something like that?

Rajam what did you do last night?
I mimic'd Kantrip and targeted Raziek. Gova has claimed his ability to protect is missing, and with Kantrip claiming a superior protective ability plus my town read on him, I decided to mimic him instead.

I think this analysis of claims and night actions is very poor... Inferno, could you explain again your priest gambit and what did you intend? Be as detailed as possible, explaining motives in every step

What do you think of Raziek claiming r'blocked when both Kantrip and me targeted him with an ability that supposedly protects against roleblocks?

Sangfroid, come here and put a vote around

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I mimic'd Kantrip and targeted Raziek. Gova has claimed his ability to protect is missing, and with Kantrip claiming a superior protective ability plus my town read on him, I decided to mimic him instead.
I'm sorry I have a terrible memory. Kantrip what does your ability do?

I think this analysis of claims and night actions is very poor... Inferno, could you explain again your priest gambit and what did you intend? Be as detailed as possible, explaining motives in every step
Here's exactly what went through my mind:

-Picked abilities, noticed jump and thought it would be a nice way to bait a NK.
-Saw protect, thought claiming that would be a good way to bait the NK.
-Intended to not have someone scum goggle me to oblivion so my claim would be more believable.
-Scum attempts to NK me and I jump.
-Brag about how I baited the NK like a boss.
-Tell that I'm a dragoon.

What do you think of Raziek claiming r'blocked when both Kantrip and me targeted him with an ability that supposedly protects against roleblocks?
Sounds pretty sketch if you ask me. I already gave my proof as to how it couldn't be me.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@Rajam, Glyph/Kantrip/Inferno are the one's I'm most interested in.

@Glyph, what made you think it was a good idea to use your Hellcry Punch at all? It takes away active abilities and it's something I would think would warrant more consideration in using.

@Kantrip, are you still talking with your neighbor? Who do you think it is? Have you noticed any similarities in writing style for instance? Give only one name.

That compilation post by Ryker would be super useful considering the size of this thread. :c
Local smash tournament today.

Tomorrow, don't do things with me. Just tell me I have work to do.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Inferno I can see how you would think that was a good plan going in, but you're forgetting that ALL of us have night abilities and (almost) any of us could have picked protect. Scum wouldn't give a rat's *** if you claimed that, and they certainly wouldn't kill you over a player who has a reputation like Ryker or Gheb (yes I know Gheb was scum this is just to get a point across).

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Gova I used it because I thought you were hella scummy at the time, and then again to see if Ryker's auto potion claim checked out. Its not like losing two active abilities in a game like this is going to cripple town, and if I remember right, Ryker didn't even lose his ability for god knows what reason.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Ryker, how do you know both abilities are intact?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
He'd have to use them to find out. I didn't know until N2. Also, losing an active ability is a hell of a big deal and that's probably why you're limited to only two uses of it. Using it blind was hella dumb and secondly why would you use Hellcry Punch on Ryker!? Auto-potion is a passive ability, you would have had to use shellbust stab.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Ryker, how does insult work if it isn't targeted? How is it decided who gets insulted?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I disagree, you losing an ability is a loss town could handle. And at the time, I assumed the whole thing worked as one action. Like it either roleblocked and took away the ability, or it did nothing. Since he had claimed autopotion, using it on him would have had no impact. That was the idea. Not to **** over Ryker, but to either confirm his claim or punish him for lying.

Out of curiosity, I can only use one ability per night. Gova, are you able to use both your abilities in a single night? Is there any limitations to them?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
They're there in the second post... maintenance is a passive so it's always on and I only have the protect.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Bah then you're no help to me.

The thing I'm getting at here is I have a hard time seeing Ryker being able to validate both of his powers working in a single night, and I also find it really ****in weird that his supposed roleblock somehow trumped mine.

So pretty much if someone here has two active abilities and can use them both in one night, let me know. If not, then lets lynch Ryker because he's still totally scum and then he won't have to pretend to read the game over anymore.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Bah then you're no help to me.

The thing I'm getting at here is I have a hard time seeing Ryker being able to validate both of his powers working in a single night, and I also find it really ****in weird that his supposed roleblock somehow trumped mine.

So pretty much if someone here has two active abilities and can use them both in one night, let me know. If not, then lets lynch Ryker because he's still totally scum and then he won't have to pretend to read the game over anymore.
Wait what abilities? RR's RB and jump? Once again terrible memory.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Glyph, if Ryker was janitor'ed, would that change your double mafia execution theory?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Not really, no. The way I see it we're either dealing with Ryker being the last mafia player, or we're searching for an indy. Not both. If Ryker got lynched and the game didn't end, then we move forward knowing EXACTLY what we're looking for, even without a flip.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
What I mean is, I think Ryker was the target for the janitor ability he supposedly received when he was up for the execution.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
EBWOP: As in, had Ryker been executed we probably would not have gotten his flip. Would that not change your theory?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Not at all. It would just mean that the indy faction had a janitor ability, not the mafia faction.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
That seems a little to coincidental for my tastes. According to Ryker, you have to send in the target of the janitor that Night and if they're lynched the next day, they're janitored. That's really unreliable, unless of course you had a way to control the lynch; for example, the execution.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
That's putting a lot of faith in Ryker telling the truth about the ability as is, but you're right that it does make it long odds if he's not lying.

But that just puts us right back where we were, where Ryker is either mafia or we're dealing with an indy.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Indies wouldn't know he was mafia or not. They would have just picked the two biggest threats and probably flipped a coin on who to use their janitor ability on too.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Wait no that would assume that the indy did the execution thing. I'm getting myself mixed up

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Also, you're forgetting that Ryker got the janitor ability from Gheb, I believe, due to his thief role.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Picking Ryker for the jan on D2 wouldn't make any sense unless they had a means of pushing his lynch, and the only way they could even have a chance of that is with the execution.

It does line up really well, but all these conclusions are reached based off of things Ryker has told us. Still find a lot of things odd about the execution, but at least I'm okay with Ryker staying alive now.

Top Bottom