• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Power Rankings (In Progress)

M@v

Subarashii!
Fox and Sonic are both bad(or fox may not necessarily be bad but he's far from good either). Anyone who denies this sucks at coming to terms that they are winning mostly off the opponent having matchup inexperience(opponents fault but no denying this). I mean come on now, open your eyes.

~Not Nairo
To be more specific, once they figure out fox has limited approaches unless they screw up. That's when it gets a lot harder.

Kuares

Pizza
Trevonte is more fun to watch to say the least.

Nakat, nothing really good has come out of this thread and probably never will. If you feel the way you do, it'd be best to close this thread.

It makes me understand why my state doesn't do PR.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Trevonte is more fun to watch to say the least.

Nakat, nothing really good has come out of this thread and probably never will. If you feel the way you do, it'd be best to close this thread.

It makes me understand why my state doesn't do PR.
That is your opinion of course. I thought every state had a power ranking for their region. That is very odd, but hey it's your state.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
just keep it so when ppl cruise by they know whos videos to look up for tips. if people gonna cry over individual spots just make groupings of people of similar skill

Kuares

Pizza
“It encourages a lot of us” is a generalization. When I 'see' the criteria for getting on this list, it's not very easy. It makes much better sense to have Power Rankings by state/region than by character.
-In your state, you only thing you have to do is go to tournaments and place well. Even if there is no PR, you still build a rep for being a good player.
-For character PR, you'd have to show multiple tournament placings, beat big names, and get some videos up of those matches. Even then, you'd still need to have someone decide if you're better than this or that person. Since these are based on opinions of how significant above factors are in placing one person over another, there is bound to be argument over what's really true. And since it's not local, there's no simple way of resolving the problem.​
If you want a PR, than go to your State and place in tournaments. If you want to be known as a good Fox, go Fox and do the same thing.
Get good enough and watch the rise in Pikachus.

SbB33: I thought the video thread was already set up that way. :(

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
“It encourages a lot of us” is a generalization. When I 'see' the criteria for getting on this list, it's not very easy. It makes much better sense to have Power Rankings by state/region than by character.
-In your state, you only thing you have to do is go to tournaments and place well. Even if there is no PR, you still build a rep for being a good player.
-For character PR, you'd have to show multiple tournament placings, beat big names, and get some videos up of those matches. Even then, you'd still need to have someone decide if you're better than this or that person. Since these are based on opinions of how significant above factors are in placing one person over another, there is bound to be argument over what's really true. And since it's not local, there's no simple way of resolving the problem.​
If you want a PR, than go to your State and place in tournaments. If you want to be known as a good Fox, go Fox and do the same thing.
Get good enough and watch the rise in Pikachus.

SbB33: I thought the video thread was already set up that way. :(
^ this is why you should lock

Nike.

Smash Hero
There's a big project developing with all the character boards making a power rankings thread. I'd say it's best to keep this.

Laem

Smash Champion
i knew nakat was still busy with this

NAKAT, 2nd best fox for now right now, you *****s dumb for thinking otherwise

Chef Fox

Smash Apprentice
This thread I found useful just because I wanted to know the names of the best Foxes and watch matches of them playing. As a new Fox it was really helpful to watch videos of NAKAT and TKD playing, as well as the other Foxes up there, and I learned from their technique against other skilled players to better enhance my own Fox. If this thread is closed, I'd like to still be able to find that information somewhere else.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
I just hate how you all act really. It makes me sick to see people so ignorant and dumb when it comes to rankings and reputation. Don't any of you realize it's only a game? Stop acting so serious. The power rankings was to help people grow as players and become better at the game, not what it is doing now which being used as a trophy stand for the top players to have something to brag or be praised about.The fact you go off of 1 events in a tourney to judge the ranks let alone this thread blew up with rage and disagreements...drama is the word I'm looking for... is just stupid.

Don't get me wrong, it's impressive that certain people beat certain players and all, but consistency is important as well.

Also, it seems like you ignored my past opinion on how the power rankings is being ran. Either that or you all lied to me and not being honest true players. Either way It makes me regret playing 2 years of Fox and experimenting and figuring out new meta game for all of you. If this was the case I would actually place higher instead of taking on match ups that people are too scared to play. Also, it seems like I have to be in certain regions in order to be noticed. I can't afford to travel in those location because lets face it, I'm from KS. (Maybe in the future). Sometimes I wish I could go over to the other regions and show exactly what you all are missing in all your match up knowledge. (It's not trash talk, I just know there's a lot more than what you all are praising at the moment.)

So yeah. Take me off this power rankings, go find and follow the foot steps of another fox champion. I'm done.

And by the way, I'm not 'quittin', I've only just begun.

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
It's laughable that anyone would classify Inui with the likes of Tyrant and TKD. Give Tyrant a day to mesh out the G&W MU, and I swear to god UTD wouldn't even do half as well as he did against MikeHaze during MLG Dallas. I admit Nairo is showing some real talent, so sure, if Nakat beat him, that certainly shows juice on Nakat's part... but still, like TKD said, Trevonte just plays better too.

Top Bottom