• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fund Dr Peepee to Smashers' Reunion(Norway): Current Status- Paying dudes back

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
While we have a choice to play in 50Hz, there are NO professional players who choose to do so. What sense would that make anyways? Who wants less frames than they can get(lag)?
Gameplay-wise ou won't feel thedifference between PAL or NTSC based on the refresh rate/color. At least I never did whenI played NTSC VS PAL. So yeah, if I hear any johns about that, I'll laugh myself to death :D

Btw, I'll send you the 250$ today. Dunno how long the processing time is for a paypal transaction, though.

Edit: MONEY SENT!

MSG

Smash Cadet
PP I will $50 MM you at shell shocked or zenith towards this fund. I can't wait to see you playing in Europe!

MSG

Smash Cadet
When is shell shocked and will it be kinda big?

I'm trying to go to Zenith but I may do shell shocked instead/as well.
Shell shocked is on 5/19, which is like a week before zenith. Usually shell shocked is pretty small, but the last one was abnormally large; everyone in MD/VA seemed to show up+some West Virginia guys. You can look at the results thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318237&

LLDL

Smash Hero
Me and stric will $10 mm you each for the fund also ;)

Sorry fund, I don't want the goal amount to go down but hey.

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
I'm creating a Paypal account now, I'll give a little something this week end or at the beginning of next week.

Peepee, I'd really like to see you wreck some ***** at this tournament. <3

Brookman

Smash Hero
PP, have you experimented with -C^/shine- since I mentioned it xdays'pagesago?? Inputting the buffer you are IIRC still able to roll/sidestep manually/grab (untested) and over-ride before hit stun has ended.

Another thing I've been testing is Pivot shine* + mobility ( sh / sh xair/laser / shine/ wavedash/ airdodgeifairborn/dontgoairborn ;] ) I'm sure you can be more in depth with your creativity.

can you pivot grab?? fsmash?? up tilt?? jab?? You can pivot shine.

<--- sees DRPP's name in a thread, thinks it's DRPP's thread.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Whoa I didn't think about either of those things. Even though this isn't my Falco thread I'll look at both of them.

I haven't played since the last time you mentioned the C stick thing to me but I'll be sure to do so asap. =)

Why do you prefer pivot shine btw? When would you want to use it aside from ambiguous shield pressure things?

Brookman

Smash Hero
I don't necessarily "prefer" pivot shine but I prefer having knowledge of it's use and the ability to apply it in certain circumstance. Creativity . . . .

Another thing you can try, getting away with side steps see how many times you can sidestep and NOT get punished in neutral position (i.e. try ****ing with marth players by sidestepping outside wavedash forward spacing)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
It's less than 2 months left. Usually I consider 3-4 months being "too late" for long distance flights.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I didn't know that. Alright I'll see if I can get things together and book asap.

Where did you find that flight information? You found a deal I didn't find on Kayak so I'm just curious and need to know also lol.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I'm using the swedish flight search engine flygresor.se. Then, because it only searches travel agencies, I see what airlines that are used among the cheapest options and check their homepages. I prefer booking directly from the airline unless it's more expensive.

delta and klm seem to be the cheapest.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I see. Well at any rate I'll try to get booked asap and see if I can make this work out before it gets any more expensive.

Thanks for the heads up.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I'll still save a seat for you in the car in case you want to go via Stockholm (could still be cheaper).
The roadtrip is definitely happening and it will be so epic it needs all the time it can get, so you'll have to come as soon as the 3rd or so...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It's unlikely but a very tempting option. I'll get this figured out asap and let you know the minute I have decided on anything!

Zoler

Smash Ace
$20 sent =) Haven't read the whole thread but where are you probably flying? Oslo straight away I presume?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Most likely, unless I go in AJP's car(less likely because I haven't gotten everything in order to book just yet so I don't want to get murdered on flight expenses).

Also thanks! =)) Zoler the homie

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Well, <->Oslo is still more expensive than <->Stockholm + car. Only problem is you have to come here early.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah I have been cleared to come early, but I didn't realize I could still save THAT much. I'm strongly considering that option. =)

I'm preparing for Zenith today through Friday but once I get back booking for this will be my first priority. Do you think prices will go up much in that amount of time? If it's a HUGE deal I could probably book tomorrow but that'd be difficult.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I have no idea, flight prices are very unpredictable =). On a short scale they might even go down a bit, but in general they go up, and I just always try to book at least 4 months in advance.

Cheapest I can find now to Stockholm is $1151 with KLM, $1150 with Delta, and to Oslo $1190 with Delta.
To Stockholm you have to add about $40 for the car, but in Oslo you have a little more airport transfer costs.
edit: Whoops, nevermind, Stockholm just went up by $16 and Oslo by $25 since an hour ago, haha =).

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
WTF

ummmmm

well I'll pay for whatever excess there is using Zenith money because I don't want to sit down and think about flights when I'm playing some good players in a few days haha.

Are you on MSN often? I may just add you on that and contact you sometime soonish so we can work this out quickly when I can do so.

Metà

Smash Master
I'll send some money your way when I get home!

I'm really excited about this. I was planning on going to Melee Grande myself, because I'll be in Europe for a month in July, but it turns out I can't. I'll be cheering for you though, it'll be exciting to finally see a top level American player at a European tournament. You should practice in PAL version, lol

MSG

Smash Cadet
Hey PP, some personal stuff came up (parking ticket+apartment fixes), so I can't do $50 MM at Zenith anymore. I'll still be happy to MM you for 10$ though. Sorry for not holding up my end.

Top Bottom