• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fund Dr Peepee to Smashers' Reunion(Norway): Current Status- Paying dudes back

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo PP I'll donate $4.99 if you agree to keep the cents column at .00 and round regardless of the actual amount for the duration of the fund's existence.

Battlecow

Play to Win
No, my feng-shui was just put mildly out of whack by the uneven numbers the first time and I've been riffing on the running gag since.

Lol.

The Star King

Smash Hero
That deal with Bcow was so not worth it. You should have tried to haggle more out of him or refuse and let him continue making the amount a pretty number.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Will transfer the 250$ in a few days.

Found a there and back plane ticket on ebookers.com for 984$
Maybe that's something to count on.

It's from Raleigh Airport to Gardermoen.
From 8th-12th July to
18th of July.

Maybe someone finds something cheaper, but I think it'll help if people look for some cheap plane tickets. :)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
KLM.com says $922 for 9th to 18th of july and $926 for some other departure dates (return must be 18th).

edit:
$885 with Delta to Stockholm around 10th of july, and also the 3rd =). Return on 18th.
It may be too early, but if you come on the 3rd, you could join our car for about $40 roundtrip.
Smashers in Stockholm include leffen, IVP, Pepito, and Aniolas and Hack are an hour away.

edit2:
KLM goes to Gothenburg for $925. It's a bit closer to Oslo than Stockholm.
Smashers there include Armada and Calle W.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Will transfer the 250$ in a few days.

Found a there and back plane ticket on ebookers.com for 984$
Maybe that's something to count on.

It's from Raleigh Airport to Gardermoen.
From 8th-12th July to
18th of July.

Maybe someone finds something cheaper, but I think it'll help if people look for some cheap plane tickets. :)
Nice =)

KLM.com says $922 for 9th to 18th of july and $926 for some other departure dates (return must be 18th).

edit:
$885 with Delta to Stockholm around 10th of july, and also the 3rd =). Return on 18th.
It may be too early, but if you come on the 3rd, you could join our car for about $40 roundtrip.
Smashers in Stockholm include leffen, IVP, Pepito, and Aniolas and Hack are an hour away.

edit2:
KLM goes to Gothenburg for $925. It's a bit closer to Oslo than Stockholm.
Smashers there include Armada and Calle W.
These non-Oslo places that you guys are referring to, won't that mean that I have to find some way to get to the tournament from there? From Gardermoen, what would I do, same with Gothenburg? I don't mind going there of course I just am unsure of how I'd get to where I'd need to go after that haha.

Edit @ Saudi: legit

Paju

Smash Journeyman
Gardermoen is one of the airports in Oslo; it is the closest airport to the venue. From Gothenburg you would probably need to take train or something, I'm not sure. It is almost 300 kilometres (or ~ 180 miles) from Oslo.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
These non-Oslo places that you guys are referring to, won't that mean that I have to find some way to get to the tournament from there? From Gardermoen, what would I do, same with Gothenburg? I don't mind going there of course I just am unsure of how I'd get to where I'd need to go after that haha.
Well like I said, from Stockholm you could go with our car (that I'll be driving). We will probably go on a roadtrip to Norway a week before the tournament, but Oslo is kind of our first stop after a 6-hour drive so we could just drop you off anywhere to whoever wants to house you. If this roadtrip doesn't happen, you'll still go with the same car, only the day before the tournament or something =).
And we'll of course drive back to Stockholm when the tournament is over (or whenever we want, but obviously well before your flight).

From Gothenburg I'm not 100% sure if it's with train, bus, or if someone's driving a car, but half the swedish smash scene is going to the tournament from there, so you'll just go with them.

edit: Trains aren't as expensive as in the US (people actually use them here), but a full car is still cheaper (unless you're *very* flexible with the dates). Gothenburg is ~300km from Oslo, Stockholm is ~500km.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Not sure how flexible my dates are tbh, but thanks for the information. I'll try to figure out exactly when I can/should go and get back to you.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
The date-flexibility is just about the super-cheap train tickets, so just forget I mentioned them, you don't want to gamble there =).

If you can come as early as the 3rd, you should definitely consider coming to Stockholm. If you come later, I can't guarantee you a car. If you miss the car, taking the train or bus would cost about $60 roundtrip while car is $40, and that $60 only takes you to Oslo central station.
With the car, Stockholm is probably your cheapest option by a small margin thanks to the slightly cheaper flights.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Alright well you officially have $150 extra for this now. I take it you're still getting the 250 from Tonberry?

Anyways I really hope you get to go man, I know it would be amazing and everyone wants to see you go anyway. Good luck!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Updated! Thanks a mega ton dude <333

And no, Tonberry hasn't sent me the $250 yet but we did agree that he would get it to me at some point.

I'm also working on when I'm trying to fly out, so I'll hopefully be contacting Tonberry/ajp anton soon and trying to get a cheap flight for the dates I can fly out on.

This looks like it will work out, so I'm super happy. Thank you so so so much to everyone who donated <333 I will give you guys tight matches for sure =)

Bones0

Smash Legend
PP, if you lose to Armada, you might as well just not come back to the US...

Just super saiyan... :D

But seriously... don't lose...

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Yo PP I can't go to CW4 now, so I can't give you the $20 MM you for $20.

But I still want to donate and I still want to play you. Are you going to anything up north (Zenith) before July?

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
I'll just donate the money when I get around to it and hunt you down at the next national we both go to.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
IIRC the aspect ratio on PAL melee is slightly different. I remember having to edit one of Nedech's clips for a DK combo video one day.

stelzig

Smash Lord
PAL isn't just a version difference, it's a different audio/video encoding system. If I recall correctly, it's 576i and 50fps.
No PAL players play 50hz. It is actually extremely ridicilous that it is even an option to change the wii into 50hz mode because no TVs are 50hz only here anymore. It especially bothers me for all the VC games where we get the PAL (50hz with no option to change it) versions of all the games, meaning they are slower.

But for GC and Wii games, we do have the option to play in 60hz, and everyone uses it.

There are differences between PAL60 and NTSC, but PAL60 does not have a lower framerate.

(To make dazzle record in PAL60, you actually have to use the NTSC settings because studio doesn't have a PAL60 option. Then use another program to change the setting to SECAM after you started recording because that somehows throws colors on it, while NTSC is black/white and PAL is nothing)

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'll probably donate money to this, unless my I don't get to keep my job. I should find that out by the end of the week.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
IIRC the aspect ratio on PAL melee is slightly different. I remember having to edit one of Nedech's clips for a DK combo video one day.
yeah, 576i is like 720x576 or something like that
PAL is 576i yes, but the aspect ratio is the same.

Analog video has a vertical resolution (480 in NTSC, 576 in PAL), but the horizontal resolution is ideally infinite. Talking about aspect ratios doesn't really make much sense, the width is adjusted so that the image is always 4:3.
The digital DVD formats are 720x480 and 720x576, but in both cases the pixels are non-square so that the ratio is again 4:3 (or 16:9).

But as stelzig said, nobody plays Melee in 50Hz. PAL60 is the same as NTSC (480i, 60Hz), but with PAL-encoded colors (which are better =)).

Top Bottom