• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Gardevoir~ Most Awesome Shield-Caster Ever. Or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
So cool! If you use this, remember to credit Leoneri.
If you'll excuse me, I'll use this one too. As you may recall, I'm a fervent Garde supporter (it is my opinion that every one of us should be allowed to support one extremely-unlikely character at least, and Gardevoir is my choice by far. What can I say, I like her ever since playing R/S)

Oh, and RBinator: Not QFT'd because I can't multiquote while typing on my Wii, but agree with every single one of your points.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Awesome! Thanks, Brawlman, and thank you, Leoneri! That's definitely way better than what I could've done. *grins*

Gardevoir for Brawl! Woo!!

Gardevoir would be a great addition to brawl... I would rather see her in it than blaziken and deoxys... Although if Gardevoir gets in i don't think Mime Jr. will get in cause that's... 3 psychic type pokemon... >__>;; Oh and i made a banner... I hope you guys like it:

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Nice banner there, Megadio. Maybe a wee bit too shiny for my taste, though.

And Mime Jr has absolutely no chance as a playable, but after seeing the eighth pokemon movie, I would love to have him as a pokeball. That guy kept cracking me up everytime he showed up. He could follow you and mime your moves, turning you in a tag-team ala IC for the duration of the effect. I would pay good money to see a Mime Jr miming Ridley :laugh:.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Woah, looks like some effort went into that. Nice.
But... it seems rather cluttered. It's kinda hard to make out the important parts ( Gardevoir and the text ) and the black stuff ( what is that anyway? ) and the trippy background distract from the main focus, too...
The background should be a color that complements the focus of the picture. Like black. There is black, to be sure, but much of it isn't actually behind Gard herself, and in the shape it rips through the rest of the background, it's very distracting because it seems so dynamic.
The green and pink background are colors that mix with Gardevoir, and you lit her up really light, so light it's hard to see her...
The colors of the text as well melt into the background or get eaten up by the black.
Try to work on composition and use fewer effects. The effect you should be going for for this character is serenity, so less can be more.

I hope I didn't offend you, just giving you advice.

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Glad y'all like it! I thought Leoneri wouldn't put the "for Brawl" part (As I forgot to say that.), but he apparently got the point. I had to work up all of my pride to ask someone for help!:grin:

And Megadio, although that's a very good sig, I'd suggest taking Fawriel's advice to make it even better. It might turn out better than Leo's!

Woah, looks like some effort went into that. Nice.
But... it seems rather cluttered. It's kinda hard to make out the important parts ( Gardevoir and the text ) and the black stuff ( what is that anyway? ) and the trippy background distract from the main focus, too...
The background should be a color that complements the focus of the picture. Like black. There is black, to be sure, but much of it isn't actually behind Gard herself, and in the shape it rips through the rest of the background, it's very distracting because it seems so dynamic.
The green and pink background are colors that mix with Gardevoir, and you lit her up really light, so light it's hard to see her...
The colors of the text as well melt into the background or get eaten up by the black.
Try to work on composition and use fewer effects. The effect you should be going for for this character is serenity, so less can be more.

I hope I didn't offend you, just giving you advice.
lol guess it sucked! XD Anywho yeah i'll take that into consideration the next time i make a banner.

Anywho do you guys think that Gardevoir will have legs like she does in Pokemon Battle Revolution or no legs like in the sprite games?

Fawriel

Smash Master
At least...I think that's a dress.
TENTACLES!!!

... *ahem*

She does have legs but they're too weak to actually carry her. Kinda like Alakazam. I love these little hints towards evolution. They're so controversial! *glee*

NukeA6

Smash Master
I support Gardevoir.

BTW, I found this neat animated gif of one of her de-evolutions:

Fawriel

Smash Master
Little hints toward evolution? what you mean?

Anywho... in PBR Gardevoir is seen standing on her legs... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR8HluV7sDA , she appers about at around 1:52
Hmm, same model as the one from Pokemon XD that I know.
I guess she kinda stands on them, but I read somewhere that she mostly keeps herself up by psychic power, just like Alakazam does with his giant, heavy head.
That's a hint towards evolution because it shows a creature that evolved into a certain direction, making certain body parts relatively unneeded. Like humans. We are really frail compared to most animals, but we are smart and have hands that let us do stuff.

And FINALLY I have found this elusive site that produced the infamous Flint for SSBB! and Nidorina for SSBB! animated gifs!
http://creativeworlds.net/gallery.htm

Lots of cool pictures. Including a few containing Gardevoir. Woopdeedoo!
...okay, so there aren't a lot, but the site is generally awesome.

Also:

Whee!

Theres something I dont get....

Gardevoir is male in Ruby but Female in Diamond? WTF?
Ralts, Kirlias, and gardevoirs have a 50/50 female to male gender ratio. They can be both... Kirlias now have a split evo though if you give a male kirlia an awakening stone they will evolve into gallade, its psychic/fighting and has the same stats as kirlia except its attack sp attk are switched... O:

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Listen to Dio! He knows things!

But in all seriousness, we need some haters here. It gets kinda boring when there's no debate. Although, this may be a good sign! No haters mean no one thinks Gardivoir's a bad choice.:grin:

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Meh. Not a great choice for Brawl.
Though, better than Blaziken.
I just think, if there's gonna be a psychic in Brawl, it'll either be Mewtwo or Deoxys.
But I don't dislike the idea in general, I just think it's a pipe dream.
Sorry I couldn't be more of a hater. :/

Brawlman

Smash Ace
...You made too good of an arguement Pinapple. Too hard to debate.

Well, my best arguement for that is this:

1: Gardevoir was on Sakuri's poll.
2: I don't like Deoxys.
3: I do like Gardevoir...not like that you pervs.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hahaaaa!

-We already had two electric types in Melee. Granted, Pichu was only in for the sake of having more characters, but types should generally not be an issue. We have tons of fire moves and stuff already, for example.
-Mewtwo > Deoxys in every respect, and those two are far more similar to each other than either of them is to Gardevoir. Mewtwo beats Deoxys in everything Deoxys has going for himself.
-Gardevoir could well represent a different face of powerful psychic types if you are going to categorize them like that. There's no denying that Psychic is one of the very most important types - a LOT of legendaries possess the type - and in the case of Mewtwo and Gardevoir, you have ruthless coolness on the one hand and caring grace on the other hand, making them a yin-yang type duo, if you want to look at it like that.

Gardevoir FTW!

Meh. Not a great choice for Brawl.
Though, better than Blaziken.
I just think, if there's gonna be a psychic in Brawl, it'll either be Mewtwo or Deoxys.
But I don't dislike the idea in general, I just think it's a pipe dream.
Sorry I couldn't be more of a hater. :/
I don't know why everyone wants Deoxys to be playable... Because it has 4 forms and how is it going to shift into all of those forms without wasting all its b moves? Seriously its going to be lacking an up b^ attack, lol what if ^b makes him turn into defense deoxys who will obviously weigh the most. XD Also everyone always picks Deoxys because he was in a movie...

So were Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy... Do you think those little ******* will be in brawl?

Mewtwo and Gardevoir are really different pokemon. Mewtwo is a sweeper... He's all about speed and attack, attacking first and usually ko'ing the other pokemon. Gardevoir on the other hand possesses a wide array of stat inflicting moves that cripple and support moves like healing wish (if you don't know what this move is, the user sacrifices itself and the next pokemon to get sent out will get all its hp restored) and Wish (restores hp after 1 turn so you can pass it to other pokemon). These pokemon are very different and its like comparing pikachu and zapdos... All they have in common is that they share the same type.

Blaziken is a starter pokemon... He will probably be cursed to be in a pokeball with charizard, chikorita, and all the other starters...

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Hoo. I definitely support Gardevoir over Deoxys. Gardevoir's design is more imaginative and less awkward looking. In fact, as pointed out, she's actually graceful looking. I thinking having a contender that attacks by dancing is a fine idea that should be incorporated into Brawl somehow, and... well, in general, I think Gardevoir is my favorite of the newer pokemon designs, even though I'm normally against human-looking pokemon.

So... dance away, Ms. Gardevoir.
PS: Not really a big pokemon follower... do the newer pokemon repeatedly say their names? I think seeing Gardevoir squeaking "Gard!" with every punch and "Gar... de... VOIR!" with psychic attacks would annoy the heck out of me.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yay, another follower! I was hoping you'd be a supporter, you're pretty cool.

As for the name-calling ( pun omg ), that didn't really occur to me... I have never seen Gardevoir in the anime... but that doesn't matter anyway.
I never heard Mewtwo speak like a normal Pokemon... I think Sakurai will make a good decision for her voice. The cry she has in the games is actually one of the most fitting ones and could easily be turned into a synthesizer-like voice. Of course, she shouldn't say much of anything. Just like Mewtwo, except without the growling and evil laughing.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Do you have any proof that Pit was supposed to be in instead of Jiggs? Because this is the first time. I've ever heard of it. I doubt Gardevoir has any chance of getting in over Jiggs, Mewtwo or Lucario, but I can see her getting in after them now that there's no chance for Deoxys.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Thanks, Fawriel-- you're a cool kat too.

Well, from what I remember Mewtwo was the only pokemon of its era to NOT say its name, being one of the things that made it unique. I guess because he was telepathic and such, and his name is really kind of like a science lab name (since he was derived from Mew). Well, since Gardy's telepathic as well, maybe she'll opt to not being vocally annoying.
Note: Wow, now that you mentioned the growling and evil laughing, I really want Gardevoir to be an evil character *snicker*

Fawriel

Smash Master
Unfortunately, I've only heard about it as well, and I don't recall anyone saying "stop spreading false rumors" or anything, so I assumed it was true.

I guess Gard does indeed come after Pikachu, Mewtwo, Lucario and possibly Jigglypuff.. so either Pokemon gets 5 reps or Jigglypuff leaves, otherwise Gardy has no chance. But I'm firmly convinced that those are the only Pokemon with higher chances.
It all depends now on how much Sakurai values Jiggly...

So, does anyone have a source for the rumor that Jiggly was put into SSB64 because there was no time left for Pit and that he at first wanted her out of Melee as well?

EDIT:
@qdMbp:
Gardevoir: "Come here, let me hug you... kekeke..."

Well that eliminates the only other psychic type people thought would get in...

Gardevoir ftw! Gardevoir has been in the anime a few times... The most recent one was in this pokemon hunter x episode and it did say its name... In fact in all its anime appearances it said its name... .__.;;

Oh well i hope its voice is echoey...

Fawriel

Smash Master
I can understand that you're angry, tirkaro, but what exactly makes you say that? An honest opinion, something with an argument behind it or just spite?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I can understand that you're angry, tirkaro, but what exactly makes you say that? An honest opinion, something with an argument behind it or just spite?
I am angry, but I hardly ever do anything for the sake of spite. its just that, if a more popular, more important pokemon couldn't be in brawl, then I doubt a moderately popular, not-at-all important, regular pokemon can get in. seriously, think about it for a second; would that really make sense? I mean, really?
its really common sense. deoxys was a major pokemon, but gardy isn't. if deoxys couldn't get in, how the heck can gardy get in?

Fawriel

Smash Master
I gave several points in the original post of the thread that show that Gardevoir does have some sort of significance. And also, her popularity is quite great in Japan, and unlike a character like Tingle, is also accepted by the rest of the world.
In the end, it all depends on Sakurai. Who would've expected Jigglypuff before the original Smash? I wouldn't. *shrugs*
She was the only Pokemon mentioned in his poll.

I know she isn't extremely likely, but I'm hoping.
I guess you may laugh in my face when she's confirmed as a Pokeball Pokemon, or nothing at all.

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Ah, I had a feeling this thread would pop back up. And with Deoxys confirmed as a Pokeball Pokemon, that is one more spot for Gardevoir!

@Tikaro: Just chill dude. We're just voicing our opinions.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I gave several points in the original post of the thread that show that Gardevoir does have some sort of significance. And also, her popularity is quite great in Japan, and unlike a character like Tingle, is also accepted by the rest of the world.
In the end, it all depends on Sakurai. Who would've expected Jigglypuff before the original Smash? I wouldn't. *shrugs*
She was the only Pokemon mentioned in his poll.

I know she isn't extremely likely, but I'm hoping.
I guess you may laugh in my face when she's confirmed as a Pokeball Pokemon, or nothing at all.
I obviously wont laugh, since I dont like being a A-hole like certain other people. (and because that hug in the other thread made me feel a bit better)
But I still cant imagine gardy in brawl if deoxys isn't in. (although I could picture her as an alternate costume/clone for peach, so who knows.:ohwell:)

Brawlman

Smash Ace
...A...Peach clone/costume?...If ANYTHING...She'd be a clone of Zelda...

But she won't be a clone! She's her own person!

GARDEVOIR FOR BRAWL!!!...I've really got to stop shouting things at random.

Fawriel

Smash Master
A Peach clone. O_O

For some moves, that could even almost work. Haha. But what an absurd thought. *chuckles*

Well... I can see your point. But I can assure you that Gardevoir does have a decent chance... Maybe you could start liking her somehow and be happy if she does make it. Although Lucario is probably the safer choice there. :p
And I'm glad I could make you feel a little better.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Looks like it's down to Gardevoir vs. Lucario now...

Personally, my money's still on Lucario, because he seems to be so inexplicably popular (I remember seeing a very large "Lucario for Brawl" thread before Diamond and Pearl were released). Or is he not popular in Japan?

Anyway, even if Lucario is more likely, Gardevoir seems at least as interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing either of them in Brawl.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Why not have both? Granted it may be at the cost of a returning pokemon, but Jiggs has had a good run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom