• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX & Next Level Lan Present: K.U.B. - 5 Dollar Footdives

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
what will determine if i enter singles is how far along the tourney is going, as far as running things. dont want to enter and jeopardize the tourney efficiency

/T.O.worldproblems

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I've spent roughly 400 in the past week just on supplies for this tourney...needless to say I want it to go very well :laugh:

its ok I love fighting games, and the players that play them, so I ain't even mad

(and before anyone asks this is a non-profit organization)

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
OK I just read the tourney info in the OP and something crossed my mind. If people don't register for games, they pay $10 door fee and $10 events. I think you need to fix this Keith, considering this event is called FIVE DOLLAR FootDives.

Just looking out for my lazy non registered folks.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
This is true. I want as many people as possible to pre register though to Dave time day of. Me and Steve are running a lot of events. It's more of a scare tactic...honestly I probably won't charge the additional fee even if they don't pre reg cause I need it mainly for the fgc games and they don't read posts here

:phone:

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
OK I just read the tourney info in the OP and something crossed my mind. If people don't register for games, they pay $10 door fee and $10 events. I think you need to fix this Keith, considering this event is called FIVE DOLLAR FootDives.

Just looking out for my lazy non registered folks.
Like me. Hahaha.

Exdeath

Smash Master
This is true. I want as many people as possible to pre register though to Dave time day of. Me and Steve are running a lot of events. It's more of a scare tactic...honestly I probably won't charge the additional fee even if they don't pre reg cause I need it mainly for the fgc games and they don't read posts here

Post it where they can see it then. I know at least one person who isn't going to pre-register despite understanding what that means. :ohwell:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I don't see why people wouldn't pre register...it takes a few seconds and its free.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Well whatever I won't up the price for latecomers but it IS free and it takes a few seconds and it will definitely help the speed of the tourney

True Blue

Smash Lord
Guess glad I actually came on this site and found this stuff out lol. Only came on to check date and was going to leave it at that. Am hoping to come, shall be praying for such things! And for you too Awal! We both gotta be there!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I will. We don't have time anyway lol if a game has less than 8 its not being ran

My hauppauge comes in the mail today along with some mics. Gotta do a test stream tonight or tomorrow to get everything working. Probably gotta buy a foldable table from wal mart too. And some other supplies

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Fgc games are not round robin in normal circumstances.

More than likely it will be straight bracket like everything else

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
FGC tourneys are always Double Elimination. Even when they run pools, it's done in that format, which is manly if you ask me. The only reason I brought up round robin is because Steve from Sore Thumbs always runs round robin. Even though the last tourney he ran finished on time for the most part, KOF lasted forever.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
I'm a free agent in the dubz department, if anybody doesn't mind teaming with someone they've never played with before.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Can't go. Parent johns. **** being stuck in this house.

So, Mink is on the market for teams.

Which also means "The Handsome Gentlemen" can't be used as a team name.

pesticide

Smash Lord
Dayum just noticed dubs was starting @ noon. I'm not gonna be able to get there until 1 at the earliest so no dubs for me :/

I woulda been down for teaming with ya Wumbo but i guess it'll have to wait until a different tourney

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
You know who's good at carrying his teammate?

Kyon.

For real though, team with Wumbo. Wumbo you better replace me well.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
For real though, team with Wumbo. Wumbo you better replace me well.
He's takin' the lazy route and wants someone who can carry him. I don't really think I'm capable of that =/

Although ZSS/Jiggs/Wolf+Kirby does sound like it would work.

I'm down to for anything really, i'm really treating doubles as just additional experience for me because I know just playing the limited matches of singles is not gonna satisfy my Brawl hunger for the day lol.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I taught Gary how to carry teams

And that black ******* nick taught me -_-

Top Bottom