• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX & Next Level Lan Present: K.U.B. - 5 Dollar Footdives

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Yoo guise are so curazy.
Yea my spring break just started this Friday, goes until the 9th.

And yes, I played Brawl from release to about the middle/end of '09, and then quit (can't remember why). Started back up in late '11 since my roommate played, although he was a nublet.

I appreciate the effort Vinyl, and I'll definitely play witchu anytime. Imma get there MAD early so i can play ALL the people! Like Kuro said i am just in desperate need of practice with good players.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Just realized Florida has like 4 Kirby. What the ****.

:phone:

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
KDB, Wumbo, Vinyl, DC. Two of which have yet to be slain.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
I SHANT EVER BE SLAIN.

Although I would say our great variation is partly thanks to the MK ban, it's still pretty nice.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Uhhh we had didn't have that many mk anyways lol. The ban only brought a few more ppl out. And not even of characters we didn't already have in the scene.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Aside from the few new people, the former MK "mains" also had to make a switch themselves, so add them to the mix too.
I get what you're sayin tho, it's not like our state was completely overrun by MKs.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Aside from the few new people, the former MK "mains" also had to make a switch themselves, so add them to the mix too.
I get what you're sayin tho, it's not like our state was completely overrun by MKs.
Not counting the :metaknight: mains who didn't transition (e.g. Master Raven), you have Seibrik (:wario:/:dedede:), Red Halberd (who already played several characters), Xaltis (who used :falco: for a lot of match-ups), and me, only Seibrik and I were the players who could be said to rely on :metaknight:, and even then I've never been notable. :laugh:

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Yea yea yea I got the pictureeeeee.

Unbanning MK wouldn't bother me any personally...but that's neither here nor there.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
All my hatred.

Diddy. ICs. Olimar.

DIEEEEEE.

thats unforunate, since me nick and jeff play all of those chars lol

but theres a good chance I wont enter singles here so one less thing to worry about

Exdeath

Smash Master
I'd be lying if I said that all of this Olimar hatred doesn't make me want to enter singles.

D-Torr has been saying this for quite a while, but I think that we should start running swiss at NLL/relatively competitive tournaments.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
A Swiss tournament goes for a predetermined number of rounds, with all of the players taking part in each round. In each round two players compete head-to-head. All players participate in the entire tournament – none are eliminated until a final, double or single elimination bracket is constructed based on an also pre-determined number of contestants from the final pairing that will generally make up a top 8 or top 16 bracket, depending on attendance.

The first round is either drawn at random or seeded according to some prior order, such as rating or last year's performance. Players who win receive a point, those who draw receive half a point and players that lose receive no points. Win, lose, or draw, all players proceed to the next round where winners are pitted against winners, losers are pitted against losers, and so on. In subsequent rounds, players face opponents with the same (or almost the same) score. No player is paired up against the same opponent twice, however. In chess it is also attempted to ensure that each player plays an equal number of games with white and black, alternate colors in each round being the most preferable, and a concerted effort is made not to assign the same color three times in a row.

The basic rule is that players with the same score are ranked according to rating. Then the top half is paired with the bottom half. For instance, if there are eight players in a score group, number 1 is paired with number 5, number 2 is paired with number 6 and so on. Modifications are then made to balance colors and prevent players from meeting each other twice.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Major Announcement!

For the first ever 5 Dollar Footdives, it is going down! We will cross the line, with the first ever Orlando X Tampa event.

Now, we suggest you pre-register on this document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFEyZ1lYcVVzOFg0NElvV05qV0lLelE6MQ

If you do not pre register for your events, you will pay $10 door fee and $10 entry per game. Otherwise, it will remain at $5 door fee and $5 entry per game. If you pre register for a game now, and then want to add/remove one at the door, it will be $5, since you at least pre registered that you are coming.

Steve of Sore Thumbs in Tampa will now run all of the FGC fighting games at this event. And we're not just talking the originally planned Marvel and Street Fighter X Tekken. He will also be running your other favorites: ( at least 8 people must enter, otherwise it is cancelled)
Arcade Edition v2012
King of Fighters XIII
Soul Calibur 5
Mortal Kombat
BlazBlue

Tournaments will start every hour, and signups will stop a half hour before each event. The times for 12, 2, 4, and 6 for the previously announced games will stand. The other events (starting at 1,3,5,7) will be placed in as well. The larger games will be earlier (such as AE) while smaller games will run later, if at all (again, at least 8 entrants). Streaming will still start at 8pm for finals

For future Tampa FGC events, please visit http://www.facebook.com/sorethumbstampa

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
There are like, five R.O.Bs and only one shows up to any tournament at any time. Rarely more than one at least. To follow the previous posts, **** Diddy, Falco, Marth, aaaaand Luigi.
Especially LVL 9 Luigis.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Question, is it necessary to bring in setups when pre-registering?

Like, If I don't bring it, would it be 10 dollars for door fees and entries?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you dont have bring a setup. you just have to pre-reg

setups just ensure the tourney finishes and that you can play friendlies faster...just like any other tourney

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Alright, now I need a teammate and a team name.

The team name shall be.....

The Wow Wow Wubbzies

Who joinin' me?

Top Bottom