• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

God Kais Present OC#2 " Brawl Bootcamp Lv 1" Fairfield, OH (Sep. 5th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. The Same will be for Ganons Murder Choke and Kirby/DDD swallowcides.
This is worded a bit funny for me since Ganoncide can end in a loss even if both players have 1 stock. Are you saying that all suicide KOs where both players have 1 stock will be counted as a win for the suiciding character?

(Pssst...please say yes.)

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I'll probably be able to come to this, but there's a possibilty I wont be able to make it until 1:00. What are the odds that doubles end before then??? Also when it says "call ahead of time if you will be late" who do we call, there's no number!

lou4222

Smash Lord
This is hard........ September 5th is the first week of college football. Can I justify missing my buckeyes? But this is also God Kais first tournament. This is going to be tough. Are there any sports pubs near by so I could watch the game during doubles and come for singles only? Let me know because if there is that is probably what Ill do.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I'll probably be able to come to this, but there's a possibilty I wont be able to make it until 1:00. What are the odds that doubles end before then??? Also when it says "call ahead of time if you will be late" who do we call, there's no number!
Ghostbusters....

An Lou You can record that Game...I'm sure you have DVR....And I'm not sure if they have a BAr around that area but There are a lot Stores around that I probably Over looked and It could be a bar of some sort....But you have to come....It's Us....The God Kais...And the Welcoming of our newest Member AZ...

Mr.E

Smash Lord
This is hard........ September 5th is the first week of college football. Can I justify missing my buckeyes? But this is also God Kais first tournament. This is going to be tough. Are there any sports pubs near by so I could watch the game during doubles and come for singles only? Let me know because if there is that is probably what Ill do.
You should team with me so you can abuse the bucket. :(

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
This is worded a bit funny for me since Ganoncide can end in a loss even if both players have 1 stock. Are you saying that all suicide KOs where both players have 1 stock will be counted as a win for the suiciding character?

(Pssst...please say yes.)

All endings that go to Sudden Death, the one who initiated the suicide kill will win. If it does not go to Sudden Death, then the winner of the match will be the winner. Does that clear it up for you?

Updated the OP with contact info, and im sure doubles will last later then 1.
Brawl > College Football

If u are still unsure, i can check for u if there are any sports bars near the area

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
All endings that go to Sudden Death, the one who initiated the suicide kill will win. If it does not go to Sudden Death, then the winner of the match will be the winner. Does that clear it up for you?
Infern, you're setting yourself up for the swallowside:bee:

If your sure enough that singles won't start til after one, I I'll try to make it. I guess I'll call ahead of time if I bail out or if I'm afraid doubles will end before I get there.

arcadelegends

Smash Cadet
There is a bar 3 doors down from us so you are covered. Rick's Tavern is the name. You can't miss it.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Yep... :-/

I hope the controller port / random luck gods are smiling on me if I'm ever in that situation.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Skribble if you could bring your controller for loan against that'd be great...unless I win all MMs that I play on this day I wouldn't be able to buy it though XD;

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yep... :-/

I hope the controller port / random luck gods are smiling on me if I'm ever in that situation.
Ganondorf's over-b is determined by height and character. Depending on where you over-b and who you are over-bing, you win or lose. Not random.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Ganondorf's over-b is determined by height and character. Depending on where you over-b and who you are over-bing, you win or lose. Not random.
Your mom's not random.

You're right, but controller port still weighs in on some chars IIRC...And that's what grinds my gears.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It weighs in on Bowser. That's it.

The only other thing port does is it makes the lower port not move from explosions (most commonly seen via snake's grenades)

Jekyll

Smash Ace
It weighs in on Bowser. That's it.

The only other thing port does is it makes the lower port not move from explosions (most commonly seen via snake's grenades)
Y'know, there are plenty other people for you to make cry right now so I don't see why you have to come raining on my parade with your fancy "truth" and "logic". I bet you don't believe in the easter bunny either....Buzzkill McScrooge.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Ok would someone mind explaining how this whole "suicide=win?" thing works from character to character because I'm totally clueless....

QUIVO

Smash Master
Y'know, there are plenty other people for you to make cry right now so I don't see why you have to come raining on my parade with your fancy "truth" and "logic". I bet you don't believe in the easter bunny either....Buzzkill McScrooge.
Everyone eventually has to put on the "big boy pants"

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Q are you going to this and if yes, can I get a ride? Split gas as usual.

Fizzle: its stupid. Basically in a bowsercide Bowser wins cause people don't want to play out ties/worry about controller ports...even though we have to worry about both of those things in anyways. Because of the bowsercide a bunch of other suicide KO moves gummed up the system and now everyone is confused if its just the bowsercide being the initiator wins or if its ever sd Ko. imo opinion we shouldn't have any special rules and just say:
-Break ties by 1 stock overtime, 3 minutes
-controller port determined by seed and/or RPS

Considering this is basically already in place in most rulesets, then the whole suicide KO thing you should just go with what the end screen says (aka tie/win/loss).

But people like to make things complicated and also give Bowser random advantages cause he is such a bad character. Shrug.

/rant

wakka444

Smash Ace
the funny thing is that bowser can jump/upb the moment the other player dies so that it nvr even goes into a tie so a decent bowser doesnt even need the rule

Mr.E

Smash Lord
So yeah I just woke up from an unusually successful late-night nap to get me through today. I am eating a soft, warm brownie. That looks like a teddy bear with a squirrel tail on it, not a squirrel.

If I had the money to go I would. But I'm spending what little money I scrounge up on ISA.
Hey, I remember when somebody was supposed to team with me at SiS... :mad:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
So yeah I just woke up from an unusually successful late-night nap to get me through today. I am eating a soft, warm brownie. That looks like a teddy bear with a squirrel tail on it, not a squirrel.

Hey, I remember when somebody was supposed to team with me at SiS... :mad:
Hey I woke up late and couldn't get to the mall in time to go. Mah bad! There were a series of unfortunate events that strung together to make that a complete failure.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
There was some problem with it that made it undrivable...or something... In any case, I've never once seen him drive to a tourney...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom