• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 30: The Road to WHOBO 3 - Jan 8th 2011 - Bring full setups!!!!!

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
They better not schedule me for today.
I TOLD them not to schedule me for today.

Me+Wingless are teaming for both events.
Pika+Pit for Reg, Kirby+Pit for MT

Tesh

Smash Hero
Kirby doesn't troll. Neither of us have ever seen what you're talking about, so without seeing it, that's what we've believed to be true about Sonic's neutral B since the game's been around. I might have a mid-tier partner for you Tesh if I can get a confirmation from him. He's a Fox player who goes 1 and 1 with me here in Arkansas. He's doing some stupid sh** like trying to help needy people for charities for no money or something, so we'll see if he'll be able to go to this Hobo or not. If he can, I would say that you should consider him for a partner for it.

Also, Arkansas will be at this again (Hopefully with not 4 people abandoning us the day of.... ***holes)
Tesh I'll team with you with my ROB!
Fox and Sonic would probably be a ridiculously good team in mid tier doubles (all that speed, damage and Fox kill power), but I'm gonna stick with Sync if he is still up for it.

[collapse=About Homing Attack Stalling]
Its actually a pretty common misconception that being invincible will send Sonic plummeting to his death when homing stalling. But it still has a hitbox and if he is touching a ceiling when it releases, it will still bounce "up" allowing him to hover there and continue "rising" moving left and right with reverse B homing attacks. Its not really a big issue because anyone that tries it might wind up getting DQed under a vague stalling rule.

On the BBRRC official stagelist, there are only 6 stages where it can be done for an entire game (SV,FD, Ps1,Ps2, BF,Lylat). On BF and SV its possible for the entire cast to hit him, though a couple of low tier character might have to kill themselves to reach him. Some character can hit him for damage, but can't stagespike him without killing themselves too (stock leads). So just like Metaknight's scrooging, you might have some reasonable chance of hitting him, but not much of a chance of killing him. For the characters that can hit him, its not anywhere near as difficult as countering planking. Once Sonic decides to homing stall, he doesn't have any options to defend himself. For characters that can only barely reach him, its a simple matter of a rehearsed exercise of getting there, stagespiking him, and recovering. There isn't much else Sonic can do.

It really comes down to the fact that some characters make the tactic 100% useless and some characters can't stop him at all.

[/collapse]
The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned. You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab.
Does this refer to just actual infinites like Donkey Kong (and marth???) or does this mean no character is allowed to regrab him even if its not infinitely? If its the latter would Kprime's recent discovery about grab breaking make any difference in this rule? Moving regrabs like Charizard, Sonic, Metaknight, Squirtle etc. would only serve as a way to refresh moves, get somewhere under 30% damage and gain a positional advantage to edgeguard (just like DDD's regular chaingrab).

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Tesh brings up a good point with the grab release thing (And I'm glad he mentioned it or I probably would have grab released a ness or lucas with Sheik eventually without remembering that rule since she has to run pretty far after releasting to regrab)

:059:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Does this refer to just actual infinites like Donkey Kong (and marth???) or does this mean no character is allowed to regrab him even if its not infinitely? If its the latter would Kprime's recent discovery about grab breaking make any difference in this rule? Moving regrabs like Charizard, Sonic, Metaknight, Squirtle etc. would only serve as a way to refresh moves, get somewhere under 30% damage and gain a positional advantage to edgeguard (just like DDD's regular chaingrab).
The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned. You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab.

Its simple. Dont regrab, hit them.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Is that only on Ness/Lucas? Or are all infinite grab releases banned? (as in Yoshi/Wario)

Tesh

Smash Hero

Its simple. Dont regrab, hit them.
Yea its just the way you worded it. Sonic and Charizard clearly don't have an infinite on Ness. Its like 6-8 grabs across all of FD. Couldn't you just remove the word infinite for clarification?

If grabbing people to death is wrong, can you ban the Grab release kill on Sonic/Snake/GnW?
"If you grab Sonic,Snake or GnW out of their Up B, you MUST pummel or throw them, do not release."
I personally don't like dying just because of ONE grab.

Seriously though, have you seen Kprime's mashing technique? It would make the Ness/Lucas chaingrabs ONLY usable to set up edgeguards. If DDD gets to do it, why can't others?

KirbyIRL

Smash Journeyman
It's very easy not to get grabbed out of your up-b if you know your character.

Why not just say standing infinites are illegal? Grab-release to the edge doesn't land a free kill most of the time. Standing infinite grab-release or grab-regrab stuff lands a kill 100% of the time. That's the reason it was banned in the first place, right?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Confirmed mid tier teams so far

Esca :pit:+Illmatic :peach:
Trela :pt:+Xyro :rob:
Kovu :dk2: +Batou :rob: