• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hive

Smash Lord
ooo peach is a fun fight! i probably won't contribute though lol, I'm not sure i trust my exp enough on it ^^
sorry jigglyzelda! ; ;

∫unk

Smash Master
Tudor teams is a completely different beast from singles and dsf/tyrant are known to **** around in tournament but when I saw dkat and sk they were a really good team

But this is just a random scrubs opinion

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Xyro when are you gonna do a writeup or edit the original post?
im going to update in a week or so. im giving people a little more time to revise thier article if they want. then new characters will be picked

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Hey Samus mains :D

This is NOT a match up thread, but a discussion to see whether Sonic is really better then Samus. Hopefully we'll learn more about each character and dispel any false assumptions.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226950
This is the third announcement. If it isn't a match-up discussion, I don't know why we'd want to participate in it, especially when we're working on a match-up guide that isn't even halfway done like the other match-up guides.

NyroX

Smash Cadet
I noticed there was nothing written down for Marth, and pretty much the Rest.

Yes, we all know Marth is annoying when it comes to his fair, than approaching for a 'Ken Combo'. But from my exp playing with Marths, in my opinion, these are what Samus players should do and do not do:

- zair space marths fair, it keeps them from coming down on you.

- Try to avoid his nutural d, either you trip or get hit by his tip.

- If your on the ledge, try zair through the stage, and make some space to get back up. (Spikes are most likely 50:50, depending on where your opponent is)

- Remember, almost every move that marth makes goes 360, try not to stall for a approach, keep him in tact.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I noticed there was nothing written down for Marth, and pretty much the Rest.

Yes, we all know Marth is annoying when it comes to his fair, than approaching for a 'Ken Combo'. But from my exp playing with Marths, in my opinion, these are what Samus players should do and do not do:

- zair space marths fair, it keeps them from coming down on you.

- Try to avoid his nutural d, either you trip or get hit by his tip.

- If your on the ledge, try zair through the stage, and make some space to get back up. (Spikes are most likely 50:50, depending on where your opponent is)

- Remember, almost every move that marth makes goes 360, try not to stall for a approach, keep him in tact.
i'd say his dancing blade spam is more annoying. beleive me, he WILL get close. and when he does, it's the most brutal **** ever. when he gets close mash A in the air or on ground, it's your fastest and least punishable move. Just my scrubby opinion.

♥ you telling us to z air spam though. it's always a good idea :) hell if you do it enough they'll eventually quit.

Can we please get some effing peopel from other boards to help on this? like we all think we know what's up (ESPECIALLY Xyro) but the sad truth is, it takes two to tango and it'd be awesome if they could help out.
P.S. Lets try and finish this match-up guide. I've been around these boards for two match-up guides already. Lets sift through Ryota's match-up guide and add thigns that are correct. Xyro don't flame lol.

NyroX

Smash Cadet
i'd say his dancing blade spam is more annoying. beleive me, he WILL get close. and when he does, it's the most brutal **** ever. when he gets close mash A in the air or on ground, it's your fastest and least punishable move. Just my scrubby opinion.

♥ you telling us to z air spam though. it's always a good idea :) hell if you do it enough they'll eventually quit.

Can we please get some effing peopel from other boards to help on this? like we all think we know what's up (ESPECIALLY Xyro) but the sad truth is, it takes two to tango and it'd be awesome if they could help out.
P.S. Lets try and finish this match-up guide. I've been around these boards for two match-up guides already. Lets sift through Ryota's match-up guide and add thigns that are correct. Xyro don't flame lol.
Yeah you are right, the Dancing sword crap is annoying. You can DI through it all, you end up behind him. It works when your at low/mid damage (from 0%-45%).

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Yeah you are right, the Dancing sword crap is annoying. You can DI through it all, you end up behind him. It works when your at low/mid damage (from 0%-45%).
Whenever I try doing that though, they will stop it at the second hit and restart it. it's the Stupidest thing ever :(
Smash DI or just regular DI? and which way would you DI?
Just to help out a bit more.

Thanks Xyro, will the write-ups be in the OP? Cause marth won't have a lot, could we PM you some stuff though if it comes to mind?

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
As was already said about Marth, retreating Z-Airs are a great way to contain his SHF-Air approach that so many love to use, especially in low/mid levels of play. I have a couple of friends who main him and I find that I usually win if I remain patient. Retreating a lot. I do a lot of baiting, rushing and then dropping a bomb to move back and spamming projectiles.

Also I have to change up my edge game. I'm in love with DAir but I have a lot of trouble landing it on Marth. Generally I just try and avoid being on the edge to begin with. His Side-B Dance combo is fairly easy to avoid in my opinion. Especially if you spend the entire game SHZairing anyways.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
^ naw.. a good marth will always safely space his fair, and it's even easier esp against someone without many threatening punishers like samus.

dancing blade combo isn't really easy to avoid. he owns you in cqc. once he gets close and stars the side b, he's either going to bait shield with the first two hits then grab your shield, he'll either connect all hits, or somehow you'll fail and try to roll or spotdodge and he'll switch the direction of his last move to down or something to catch you out of your spotdodge. if you roll he'll just run and grab you again.

if the marth is a noob then he'll complete the combo without hit confirming and you can get afree shieldgrab after the last hit hits your shield.

as far as dairing marth, good luck with that. i would just pressure him to make him delay his recovery, then retether gimp. xyro could have done that against neo and won some matches but he fails.

anyway, this is what i've gathered after playing like 3 matches with Bardull.

also: do not jab marth. jabbing marth when he's grounded = free dsmash/up b/whatever
when marth runs at you, he gets very low to the ground and will own your zair or missile cancels... pick a stage that's relatively big to give you breathing room. i got ***** on yoshi's.

if your opponent fails at spacing his aerial approach, sometimes a short pivot grab works. it leaves her really open so be careful

Hive

Smash Lord
oooh n00b nailed it i think lol
marth is really tough 0.0

edit: you know what would be kwl? if samus boards allied with another board ^^

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
oooh n00b nailed it i think lol
marth is really tough 0.0

edit: you know what would be kwl? if samus boards allied with another board ^^
n00b nails everything.
Yeah I got scared, I was going to say Including Hive, But after her death threats on Xyro I shyed from that idea pretty quick

Uhm yeah that match-up is silly. 70-30? i've heard it's 80-20 but there can't be any way that it's THAT bad, that's almost as bad as us projectile spamming ganon.

Xyro77

2 days and ill add more chars

N00b: i was fighting royr. the better marth.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
2 days and ill add more chars

N00b: i was fighting royr. the better marth.
LOL NEO and Roy confused me, cuz I think Neo mained Roy in melee..

apologies, regardless, you failed at retethering :]

NyroX

Smash Cadet
If you want to get out of the Dancing sword trick, try Regular DI to the opposite side with the Control Stick (Which would be your left or right, depending where he's striking) and you would escape it. Remember, this works around mid/low damage (0-45%)

I do it naturally against Marths. It should work if you're with Samus.

NyroX

Smash Cadet
^ naw.. a good marth will always safely space his fair, and it's even easier esp against someone without many threatening punishers like samus.

dancing blade combo isn't really easy to avoid. he owns you in cqc. once he gets close and stars the side b, he's either going to bait shield with the first two hits then grab your shield, he'll either connect all hits, or somehow you'll fail and try to roll or spotdodge and he'll switch the direction of his last move to down or something to catch you out of your spotdodge. if you roll he'll just run and grab you again.

if the marth is a noob then he'll complete the combo without hit confirming and you can get afree shieldgrab after the last hit hits your shield.

as far as dairing marth, good luck with that. i would just pressure him to make him delay his recovery, then retether gimp. xyro could have done that against neo and won some matches but he fails.

anyway, this is what i've gathered after playing like 3 matches with Bardull.

also: do not jab marth. jabbing marth when he's grounded = free dsmash/up b/whatever
when marth runs at you, he gets very low to the ground and will own your zair or missile cancels... pick a stage that's relatively big to give you breathing room. i got ***** on yoshi's.

if your opponent fails at spacing his aerial approach, sometimes a short pivot grab works. it leaves her really open so be careful

You are right about the Rolling out of the side B, than grabbing you afterward. But when you Regular DI out of it. Your behind him, yes. But there's no animation, your just standing there, than you can make your move while Marth is still in his mid lag of his dancing sword attack.

I wish i had a capture device to record some examples. :ohwell: I just found a way to go around Final D and BF with Samus. Just not like how everyone does it, i hope.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
/Infracted For double post.

Hmm, ah well. I'm sure we'll all get it eventually about DI'ing out of Dancing Blade. those mind games are cruel punishment.

Xyro77

LOL NEO and Roy confused me, cuz I think Neo mained Roy in melee..

apologies, regardless, you failed at retethering :]
honestly ive never really bothered with re-tethering. whats the best/fastest way to do it? ZZ or ZA or??????

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
I do back->Z->A very fast. Because each of these inputs uses different fingers, you have no physical cooldown lag from pushing a button down, this way you can cascade your inputs almost simultaneously/instantaneously.

The same logic applies to wavedashing with X and R as opposed to something like up and R or Y and L, less synaptic distance for your physiological tech skill.

...lol

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
didn't read n00b's post, it was too much.

Playing vs Marth is like
he does fair and side b and spaces sword moves. you have projectiles that are punished a lot so they aren't that useful. shoot uncharged shots.

space grabs. important.

this is important because it's the one thing most playersstill do not have mastered- dodging grabs. It's easy to powershield a salvo of crap, but you can't shield grabs. Samus's is weird so it'll mess up their timing.

I wouldn't use bombs except as a weird edgeguard.

Edgeguarding Marth with zair is a key tool here. If you get them offstage at decent percent with an fsmash, either go for sweetspot bair (which no one has really got down yet lol) or run off, shoot blasts and zair him. and edgehog.

Abuse airdodges, with up b most likely, or creative use of bombs and grabs. Abuse abuse abuse. Probably do not want to leave the ground.

-If this doesn't make sense, I'll probably make a post about another style of Samus haha.

right; versus Dancing Blade. If they do the down multi poke thing against your shield, it's possible to DI up and out of it, sometimes behind them and probably punish. If they are doing just regular hard to punish like that stuff, then space/time/fakeout more grabs.

Dsmash is one of the only decent moves in this matchup. and creativity and grabs.
probably dash attack, even though it's ridiculously punishable.

I kinda show you what you can do in this really old vid of me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVSfdjfnuyI
Wifi and I sucked johns

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
i edited special stuff and a vid of me being a bad samus player, go read it now

edit: i read your post

edit: mofo

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I do back->Z->A very fast. Because each of these inputs uses different fingers, you have no physical cooldown lag from pushing a button down, this way you can cascade your inputs almost simultaneously/instantaneously.

The same logic applies to wavedashing with X and R as opposed to something like up and R or Y and L, less synaptic distance for your physiological tech skill.

...lol
Yeah, I do it as this way. Although I've only ever edge guarded people with the re tether like 3 times. I know it's useful but I've never had the chance :(

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I could never edge-hog NEOredroy's Marth. Everytime I tried, I'd end up being the one getting edge-hogged. It was the most depressing day of my Smash life after getting beat so hard by his Marth. You have to get Marth off and away from the stage if you want to properly edge-hog him.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I generally say no to re-tether edge guarding Marths. I get stage spiked while trying to do it so I have just stopped.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
^then you're doing and wrong and you need to l2tech because dolphin slash is prettty predictable imo. i can tech it on wifi even >_>

Ravin

Smash Lord
I dont have problems edging Marths, its the constant barrage of Fair and Sword dance with the massive priority.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
^then you're doing and wrong and you need to l2tech because dolphin slash is prettty predictable imo. i can tech it on wifi even >_>
I can tech it half the time rather than getting stage spiked, but I'd rather not risk it anymore, I guess I should go work on that though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom